• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

zeopower6

Just finished the game! :D It was good but.... I was going to collect the last two Confessions after everything finished up on screen and then my game crashed leading to a save corrupted message so now I'm just before the last dungeon again thanks to the PS+ uploaded save. :|

Though I've been having an issue with the uploads all saying that "another PS4's save file with the same name" is uploaded so I have to manually tell it to upload the file every time.

Jolkien

PS4 doesn't sync to cloud automatically.

It does if you configure it, Mine backup every save of everygame I played since the last save. It's once per day tho unless you do it manually.
To do this go to Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Uploading to Online Storage -> Press option -> Auto-Upload

Redshirt

Banned
I had a problem with a corrupted save on the XB1 that was causing CTDs. Once I deleted the local copy and restored from the cloud, the issue went away.

Anteater

Did you equip her a Diamond in her armor slot ? That could be why. Some party member join you with a few levels above you too. She had a few lvl above Aurora in my game too.

hmmm, not sure, maybe I was equipping her with random stuff when she first joined

but yeah she's the highest level of the group

Dragon

Banned
Just 100% everything but the coffers. Game crashes every couple hours on PS4. Pretty annoying. New Game + is just harder enemies? Do you retain levels and items?

Begaria

Are you playing on hard? cause the Heal HP/MP on level up is a Godsend for me, there's no way to buy potions in this game and even if you can heal Aurora with igniculus, you can't do that with the other party members, besides that, I'm saving potions for bosses and mini bosses, I'm thankful I don't have to use the potions to heal my party after a few battles.

Actually, that's one of the first things I tested. Even if Aurora is at max health, Igniculus will in fact heal the rest of your party, even if the numbers aren't showing over Aurora's health. The regen effect is nice, but when you're really low on health it's just better to pop a health potion.

As for the argument against full HP/MP restoration on level up, despite it making the resource management easier in Child of Light, I still think it's something all RPGs should do. It's just much more convenient.

Catladyguy

Neo Member
Can anyone help me out on this one?

I'm from Chile and I bought Child of Light yesterday on the PS3 and I as I bought it, it gave the option to either download the game's demo or the actual game. However, as I tried to download the actual game it would download the game's demo instead (or it wouldn't download at all). Is this happening to anybody else or has it happened to anyone lately?

Thank you (I'm wondering if this is just a mistake on the PS store).

Shepard

Lol at all those reviewers saying that the game becomes too easy after
Óengus
joins the party. The guy is super slow, has MP only for 3-4 provokes and dies with 4-5 hits. Yes he's good at creating space for some desperate moves, but I'd rather have
Robert
as my duo all day.

As for the argument against full HP/MP restoration on level up, despite it making the resource management easier in Child of Light, I still think it's something all RPGs should do. It's just much more convenient.

It's only an issue in this game because of how often you level up. A lower leveled game with a more focused skill tree would have worked better.

Lol at all those reviewers saying that the game becomes too easy after
Óengus
joins the party. The guy is super slow, has MP only for 3-4 provokes and dies with 4-5 hits. Yes he's good at creating space for some desperate moves, but I'd rather have
Robert
as my duo all day.

That character becomes a beast once you level up a bit.
Beat the final boss with him and the mage after the healer jester went down early in the fight in place of the tank. Dude takes all agro and his swipe thingy that hits all the enemies with a good paralyzing attachment and my caster with a black onyx attack and diamond boost to casting(with some bad ass skills and magic dust enhancements going to him) is free to go Achilles wild. Pop a few health potions now and then and potion haste on yourself and slow on the enemies and it's game over bad guys. By the time he uses his taunts and his swipe he's out of health and mana. Pop the 100% hp/mp combo potion and you're back in business.

wouwie

Does anyone have any tips or guidelines for complete RPG newbies? What would be the best way to learn how to become half decent in combat? I reached chapter 8 on normal but i'm getting trashed in the boss fight. My characters are around 30 in level, i think. I have a feeling i got so far by just doing the basics but that won't do anymore. I never thought i'd enjoy an RPG (i really wish i was into RPG's though) but i'm sort of interested in giving this a go and become better at it since it's been rather fun to play.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

I'm from Chile and I bought Child of Light yesterday on the PS3 and I as I bought it, it gave the option to either download the game's demo or the actual game. However, as I tried to download the actual game it would download the game's demo instead (or it wouldn't download at all). Is this happening to anybody else or has it happened to anyone lately?

Thank you (I'm wondering if this is just a mistake on the PS store).

If you go back to the store your game should be in the purchased section when you visit the Child of Light page. Click download the full game this time as it appears you didn't before if it's not there.

Shepard

That character becomes a beast once you level up a bit.
Beat the final boss with him and the mage after the healer jester went down early in the fight in place of the tank. Dude takes all agro and his swipe thingy that hits all the enemies with a good paralyzing attachment and my caster with a black onyx attack and diamond boost to casting(with some bad ass skills and magic dust enhancements going to him) is free to go Achilles wild. Pop a few health potions now and then and potion haste on yourself and slow on the enemies and it's game over bad guys. By the time he uses his taunts and his swipe he's out of health and mana. Pop the 100% hp/mp combo potion and you're back in business.

On hard? Whenever I have him on my team it feels like battles take way too long to finish, as he is always low on hp (so I have too keep healing him every other turn).

Does anyone have any tips or guidelines for complete RPG newbies? What would be the best way to learn how to become half decent in combat? I reached chapter 8 on normal but i'm getting trashed in the boss fight. My characters are around 30 in level, i think. I have a feeling i got so far by just doing the basics but that won't do anymore. I never thought i'd enjoy an RPG (i really wish i was into RPG's though) but i'm sort of interested in giving this a go and become better at it since it's been rather fun to play.

Standard fare. Upgrade the things you can control in this case gems and put them in the proper spots
(caster with black onyx attack, diamond magic slot)
. Once you get the map you can tell what enemies you'll be facing so you can plan on what gems you'll be needing and what skills would work best
had a shit ton of blue gems for defense when I hit the water area and the second tier I upgraded(lightning vs water) of mage's was just about finishing and thus had max attack all on all the water fiends plus there's some other powerful passive buff in that section). The mage is the entire game...the archer rat is pretty decent too for physical damage situations. The whole key to the game is to attack without them pushing you back so the Tourmaline(I think) paralysis attack gem is pretty good for the physical characters

On hard? Whenever I have him on my team it feels like battles take way too long to finish, as he is always low on hp (so I have too keep healing him every other turn).

He gets damaged far less when your damage dealers are obliterating the bad guys meanwhile he's making it possible that they're not getting interrupted most of the time(some enemies have some dual attacks).

Ricker

I played this till
she learns to fly on release day
and stopped...what's wrong with me lol....going to continue today.

yatesl

So, how is this game? Obviously going to get slightly biased opinions, but seems the best place to ask. With the 20% GMG code, and £10.50 credit from playing Dark Souls 2, I can get this game for 'free'.

How's the PC version? Is it worth getting the Xbox One or PS4 version instead (aside from Vita remote play, and achievements)?

jeffyjaixx

Hm, I guess I must count myself lucky for only experiencing one time where the game crashed. After that, everything was smooth.

Dragon

Banned
I have all the platforms. I'd probably get it for PS4, though.

And yeah, Transistor looks great...

There's a demo for Fez and Child of Light on PS4 so you might as well try those out. Give you a better idea than someone else's opinion.

Anteater

I have all the platforms. I'd probably get it for PS4, though.

And yeah, Transistor looks great...

child of light, get fez and bastion in bundles for pc, they are usually very cheap and everyone has those games and give them out often.

they are kind of very different games so it depends what you want to play at the moment

Finished the game, great ride. The penultimate boss was a pain in the ass, though, she was way too fast.

All in all, I'll remember Child Of Light, if only because it's so goddamn pretty.

Anteater

yea i'm in love with this game so far, i'm about half way through I think, even if it's rushed at the end i think it's worth the price, great stuff

i hope the game sells good enough for ubi to keep making games like this

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
yea i'm in love with this game so far, i'm about half way through I think, even if it's rushed at the end i think it's worth the price, great stuff

i hope the game sells good enough for ubi to keep making games like this

Given Ubi's size and the cost of Montreal talent they must have, I imagine the budget for this is higher than you'd wager, especially given the number of platforms. Probably needs better word of mouth to really get the returns needed for a sequel. Tell friends? Haha

Anteater

Given Ubi's size and the cost of Montreal talent they must have, I imagine the budget for this is higher than you'd wager, especially given the number of platforms. Probably needs better word of mouth to really get the returns needed for a sequel. Tell friends? Haha

but lower than ass creed!

unfortunately some of my friends aren't too sure about this game, i don't know why, it's only 15 bucks =/

Top Bottom