• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chloe Moretz offered role of Carrie in... 'Carrie' remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit-Girl to be telekinetic outcast that murders her entire high school?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/mgm...make-of-stephen-kings-carrie-to-chloe-moretz/

BREAKING: After meeting and reading a group of young actresses for Carrie, MGM, Screen Gems and director Kim Peirce have made their decision and made the formal offer today to Chloe Moretz. If negotiations work out, she’ll play the title role in the remake of the Brian DePalma original that was based on the 1974 Stephen King bestseller. She’s expected to play the shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a nightmarish religious fanatic mother, and comes to grip with devastating telepathic powers just as she reaches puberty. She eventually uses those gifts for lethal means when fellow classmates use the prom as an excuse to humiliate her before the entire school in a parable about bullying. Sissy Spacek played the character in the first movie, with Piper Laurie playing her mother, and Amy Irving, Nancy Allen, John Travolta, Betty Buckley and William Katt rounding out the cast. Both Spacek and Laurie got Oscar nominations for their work in the 1976 film.

The studio and Peirce have been meeting with actresses for the past two weeks. Word all along was that while names like Dakota Fanning were circulating, Peirce and the studio had an eye on Moretz. The studio denied it at the time, but what actually happened is, Moretz didn’t meet with Peirce until last weekend. She got the job immediately. Moretz, who first came on with performances in Kick-Ass, (500) Days Of Summer and Let Me In, is at the top of the crop of young actresses. Coming off Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, her next major film is the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. She’s repped by WME and 3 Arts. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa wrote the script.

Insiders said that once they make Moretz’s deal, they will focus on landing the psycho mom and supporting cast and they will shoot this year.

harSon

Banned
I watched Hugo for the first time yesterday and couldn't get over the fact that she looks like Michael Pitt. She even has the same damned posture as him.

Danielsan

Wouldn't mind seeing her in undewear I guess. I'm ok with this
What now?
She's 15...

Watching Hugo I couldn't get over the fact that she looks like a dude.

igc201m1o4HZJ.jpg

Ceebs

She was hilarious on the episodes of 30 Rock she has been on.

Ugh, another unneeded remake.

Still waiting on Casablanca 20XX.

Tucah

you speak so well
I really like Chloe Moretz in everything I've seen her in but I probably won't see another Carrie remake.

4Chan rejoices. To be fair to PD's post I am positive Chloe has been whored out to hell and back by producers already. Hollywood is fucking digusting.

johnsmith

remember me
4Chan rejoices. To be fair to PD's post I am positive Chloe has been whored out to hell and back by producers already. Hollywood is fucking digusting.

I hope you're not meaning that literally. I was hoping what I read about in The Godfather was just fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom