• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chloe Moretz offered role of Carrie in... 'Carrie' remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Jeez, she can't even walk in heels yet.

tumblr_lsqykahwKj1qzsscz.jpg

I really enjoyed her performance in Let Me In, so hopefully she can pull off this project well.

The acting performances were good and really it was a pretty good movie all around, but the original is just a bit better in nearly aspect, kind of a shame hollywood felt like they needed to remake already before the original was even officially out.

We still have to watch Hugo in 3D.

Sorry I went and watched it without you.

Neither are cute

Hatters gonna hat.gif

there was nothing there

StuBurns

Banned
I've never understood the 'love triangle' thing. It doesn't make a triangle unless all three of them lust after one of the other three. If Rose lusts for Jack, and Cal lusts for Rose, Jack needs to lust for Cal for it to make a triangle.

Volimar

didnt carrie already get a remake...im running out of ideas of things to remake...as long as

The Last Dragon

Better Off Dead

and

Big Trouble In Little China

don't get remade...i guess ill have to be happy they didnt get em all

hopefully the twilight craze killed the chances of people taking a risk on Lost Boys..

Shut your god damn mouth!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

dojokun

Banned
Wow, guys. Wow. This whole thread:

"Wanna see her with some clothes off. Oh she's 15? Nevermind, I'm not attacted to her at all. Nope. Not a pedophile. But let's post pics of other girls her age. Clothes on for deniability."

I mean, I make jokes and stuff on here, but you guys sound serious.

StuBurns

Banned
Wow, guys. Wow. This whole thread:

"Wanna see her with some clothes off. Oh she's 15? Nevermind, I'm not attacted to her at all. Nope. Not a pedophile. But let's post pics of other girls her age. Clothes on for deniability."

I mean, I make jokes and stuff on here, but you guys sound serious.
What does it matter if people fancy a fifteen year old? You don't know where these people live, the culture they come from, or most importantly, how old they are. While GAF requires you to be a certain age, there are almost certainly many under-age people using the site.

In fact, it's also missing the biggest part, humour. No one on GAF fancies Elle Fanning, I'm sure.

Ithil

She has some truly wacky facial expressions. Shame I've almost never seen any of them in any actual films she's made.

Julianne Moore will play the mother:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/julianne-moore-to-play-chloe-moretzs-mother-in-remake-of-carrie/

One hell of a young actress has already been lined up for the remake of Carrie with Kick-Ass and Let Me In star Chloe Moretz taking the titular role of the high school student pushed to the edge in the adaptation of Stephen King's best-selling novel. Now the cast is beginning to fill out around her with the integral role of Carrie's overbearing, abusive mother next in line. Bloody Disgusting has exclusively learned that Julianne Moore, fresh off her fantastic turn as Sarah Palin in the HBO film Game Change, is in talks to take the role. This would be the second high profile horror remake Moore's taken on after playing Lila Crane in Psycho.

The role of Carrie's mother is an important one as she's just as important in pushing Carrie to the iconic final moments of the film as the students who bully her around school. Piper Laurie played the character Margaret White in the film and came through with flying colors. This time around it will be interesting to see how the character is handled, not only by Moore as an actress, but by Robert Aguirre-Sacasa, who is scripting a version that is more faithful to the book. The writer is also a producer on "Glee" and is no stranger to plots dealing with bullying, a hot topic that should make this remake all the more relevant today. The film is slated to hit theaters on March 13th, 2013, a month that has become a prime release time.

akira28

4Chan rejoices. To be fair to PD's post I am positive Chloe has been whored out to hell and back by producers already. Hollywood is fucking digusting.

It's real, it exists, and unfortunately the only people to ever speak about it have zero credibility and no money, so no one believes them.

in the new one they should drop a bucket of semen on her instead of blood. It's 2012 time to step it up.

meanwhile, in Japan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom