• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chloe Moretz offered role of Carrie in... 'Carrie' remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

According to ComingSoon.net, she's accepted the role and posted about it on twitter. So it's done, she's the next Carrie, for better or worse.

Elle, the best Fanning.
600full-elle-fanning.jpg

Agreed.

Ithil

Dakota is lucky. She's 18 now so creepy GAF has lost interest.

Elle Fanning is actually great, she was in Super 8 and Somewhere, and excellent in both.
She can act, and act well (might be better than her sister actually) but something about her face irritates me. Whatever, she might grow out of it.

EDIT: Actually it might just be because of Super 8 presenting her as some sort of "girl next door" type for the male characters, while in reality she is somewhat weird looking. Acting chops aside, that kind of dissonance is a minor source of irritation.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
didnt carrie already get a remake...im running out of ideas of things to remake...as long as

The Last Dragon

Better Off Dead

and

Big Trouble In Little China

don't get remade...i guess ill have to be happy they didnt get em all

hopefully the twilight craze killed the chances of people taking a risk on Lost Boys..

Ithil

Who's the hack directing this film?

Oh and acting-wise Saiorse Ronan >>>>>>> Moretz.

Kimberly Peirce, director of Boy's Don't Cry.

Let Me In had heart that you normally don't see in vampire movies.

Never saw that, but I've seen that movie mentioned dozens of times on GAF. :)

This Carrie remake, will it be junior prom or something. I mean, girl's no older than 15.
Carrie is supposed to be 16 in the book, it's pretty accurate age wise.

Nizz

Who's the hack directing this film?

Oh and acting-wise Saiorse Ronan >>>>>>> Moretz.
I watched Hanna like two weeks ago and she was awesome in that.
didnt carrie already get a remake...im running out of ideas of things to remake...as long as

The Last Dragon

Better Off Dead

and

Big Trouble In Little China

don't get remade...i guess ill have to be happy they didnt get em all

hopefully the twilight craze killed the chances of people taking a risk on Lost Boys..
If this gets remade, I will kick somebody!

Sadsic

did anyone ever see that weird parody of Carrie where Xavier from Xavier: Renegade Angel and Will Arnett go to prom together? It seems to have been erased from the internet

Mr_Zombie

Because if there's been a film before, it's a remake, no matter what. Even if the people involved have only read/seen the source material and have never seen the prior adaptation, it's a remake. That's how people view these things.

If we're going with this kind of thinking, one could say that both "Mirror, Mirror" and "Snow White and the Huntsman" are remakes of the "Snow White" from 1902 :|

Torn between her love of that evil guy and Cobb?

So either you haven't seen Titanic or you don't know what a love triangle is.

She didn't love Billy Zane.

But do love triangles require the female to love both dudes?

It requires that all parties have somebody pining for them.

Two people that love each other, plus one angry aristocrat that nobody likes does not a love triangle make.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh this girl is an awesome actress. I usually like whatever movie she's in. Still have to see Hugo though.

You watch 30 Rock and you think someone outside of that awful cast needs elocution lessons? They should just have Alec Baldwin play every role because no one else has any idea how to read their own lines.

It's crazy how I failed to mention the other offenders on 30-Rock in a thread that has nothing to do with them. crazy.

Elle Fanning should have been cast as Valentine in the upcoming Ender's Game. Not that annoying little puke Breslin.

I really hope she gets cast opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent, as is rumored. She would make a perfect Princess Aurora.

We'll all be going to bask in dat Titanic glory next week and G-Fex will be calling from the rafters 'I hope you enjoy your time together!'

All this talk of Titanic has made me realize that if Chloe Moretz and Kate Winslet were in a movie together, I would probably die from the cuteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom