• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chloe Moretz offered role of Carrie in... 'Carrie' remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
She needs elocution lessons. I hate it when she's on 30-rock.

You watch 30 Rock and you think someone outside of that awful cast needs elocution lessons? They should just have Alec Baldwin play every role because no one else has any idea how to read their own lines.

Mr_Zombie

Why is it called "remake"? Unless they want to really remake the original movie, it will simply be another adaptation of the novel.

And I hope that this time they won't stop at the high-school killing. I read the novel after I had watched the movie and was surprised how much of Carrie's killing spree was omitted in the movie.

You watch 30 Rock and you think someone outside of that awful cast needs elocution lessons? They should just have Alec Baldwin play every role because no one else has any idea how to read their own lines.

You should give an example. I'm thinking the jokes are just flying past your head.

Volimar

Would rather have a new kick ass than a remake of a movie that still holds up decently.

ibkjM43Kqs17yt.gif

Too creepy for creepy GAF.

Ithil

Why is it called "remake"? Unless they want to really remake the original movie, it will simply be another adaptation of the novel.

And I hope that this time they won't stop at the high-school killing. I read the novel after I had watched the movie and was surprised how much of Carrie's killing spree was omitted in the movie.

Because if there's been a film before, it's a remake, no matter what. Even if the people involved have only read/seen the source material and have never seen the prior adaptation, it's a remake. That's how people view these things.

Like the person who claimed this is a "remake of a remake" because this is the third adaptations of King's novel after the 70s film and the TV movie from the early 2000s.

Anyway, at least they picked a talented actress for the role, and I expect Moretz to accept, its exactly the kind of diverse role she seems to seek out.

hasn't there already been like 10 remakes of carrie already?
There have been two separate film adaptations, one of the two TV film meant as a pilot. There has been one "sequel" to the original film.
That's it for Carrie on film

ivysaur12

Banned
Because if there's been a film before, it's a remake, no matter what. Even if the people involved have only read/seen the source material and have never seen the prior adaptation, it's a remake. That's how people view these things.

Like the person who claimed this is a "remake of a remake" because this is the third adaptations of King's novel after the 70s film and the TV movie from the early 2000s.

Anyway, at least they picked a talented actress for the role, and I expect Moretz to accept, its exactly the kind of diverse role she seems to seek out.

There have been two separate film adaptations, one of the two TV film meant as a pilot. There has been one "sequel" to the original film.
That's it for Carrie on film

I can't even imagine what Carrie the TV series would be like?

WHAT PROM WILL CARRIE DESTROY THIS WEEK?!

EDIT: Eh.

originally intended as a pilot for a TV series in which Carrie moves to Florida to help others with telekinetic problems, which never materialized.

StuBurns

Banned
Ahh, right.

Yall remember that one episode of the X-Files (?) about a teen with telekinetic powers? That's what I keep on thinking of when I think of Carrie (now that I know it's not about a killer car, heh). I don't think I've seen the original movie.
I don't, but I remember the episode with the woman who's boss had been killed, and Janis from Friends. That's quite Carriesque if I remember right.

raebodep

I like chloe so i'll watch it but I don't think it will stand up to the great original. I wish they would just hurry up with kick-ass 2.

gabbo

She's been excellent in every role I've seen her in, so some casting director has the right idea.
The need for another Carrie is not however.

Nizz

She's been excellent in every role I've seen her in, so some casting director has the right idea.
The need for another Carrie is not however.
I've seen Chloe in two movies so far: Kick Ass and Let Me In. I thought she was great in both, particularly Let Me In. This girl's got a bright future, as long as she doesn't pull a Lohan.

gabbo

I've seen Chloe in two movies so far: Kick Ass and Let Me In. I thought she was great in both, particularly Let Me In. This girl's got a bright future, as long as she doesn't pull a Lohan.

She was also really well cast as the little sister in 500 days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom