• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS: The |OT|

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A Link to the Snitch said:
I hope it sells well. If it does, it might cause a revival for the franchise.

I remember Cross doing well financially and critically back in 1999. I'm still waiting for Break.

LevityNYC said:
WOW 276K in just 1 week.

It outsold Little Big Planet!!!
Not trying to troll, but that's not a very useful bar for measurement; it takes a pretty low grade of S-E port/remake to not do better than LBP. Like Final Fantasy II PSP or Front Mission DS.

Blizzard

Banned
Yay, Amazon refunded me $3 because the price dropped! Now if they could only figure out how to get me a new release before a week after the release date. *still waiting*

Link Man

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Chrono Trigger ds isn't overpriced. I think you get enough value for that price, but at the same time it IS too expensive.

But it's not like I'm gonna complain since I got Chrono fucking Trigger in my pocket.
Just imagine that the poster costs $10, and then the game itself costs the same as any other DS game.

Amir0x said:
i never liked the future parts of Chrono Trigger, it's such a lame future.

I mean where's the cannibalism?

I know! It's weird playing the future portions of the game almost directly after Fallout 3. Obviously the only similarity is the setting, but I keep expecting a much more hyper violent and bleak future in CT. I mean, they already live in Vaults!!!

Scarecrow

It's been a while since I played and I'm stuck. I just got the broken Mesamune and went to Melchior to fix it, but he split for parts unknown. What do I do next?

Jammy

Banned
Scarecrow said:
It's been a while since I played and I'm stuck. I just got the broken Mesamune and went to Melchior to fix it, but he split for parts unknown. What do I do next?

Did you get the second piece/hilt of it? Go to the Cursed Woods where Frog and all those amphibian enemies can be found and talk to him. Some dialog will show up and he'll move away from that dresser. It sparkles and when you pick it up you find out it's the second half of the sword. THEN go to Melchior, who tells you shit about Dreamstone, blah blah blah, and then it's onto Ayla's time period.

Scarecrow said:

You need to buy some Krazy glue and fix it yourself.

J/K, you need a Dreamstone. Check the End of Time for a new portal.

Booties

Banned
It depends what part you are at. Just ask the Guru of Time. You either need the dreamstone or the handle of the sword in Frog's cave.

Scarecrow

Booties said:
It depends what part you are at. Just ask the Guru of Time. You either need the dreamstone or the handle of the sword in Frog's cave.
I found Frog. I don't remember ever jumping in to that bush. And that Guru was worthless at the time.

Synless

Regulus Tera said:
I remember Cross doing well financially and critically back in 1999. I'm still waiting for Break.
Me too, I bought the DS version for some hope that it might spark some kind of life back in the franchise.

Jugendstil said:
I know! It's weird playing the future portions of the game almost directly after Fallout 3. Obviously the only similarity is the setting, but I keep expecting a much more hyper violent and bleak future in CT. I mean, they already live in Vaults!!!
There are people with jetbikes for legs.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Got mine! :D 40 euros, but totally worth it.

First impressions, looks verrrry crisp on the DS screen, love it! Upto the future now. I think I'll play this nonstop until the end. Funny thing is, it could just as well fly as a game that's been developed recently. Doesn't look dated AT ALL! Techs and stuff still look hella impressive. Walking with the touchscreen is bad though. Kinda wanted it to work since it was what I was planning on playing like.

Sprites4eva!

Barrett2

Got mine and started playing. I have never played CT before, so its all new to me. So far, so good; I am loving the time travel aspect.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just picked this up from the mall (woof) and am so hyped to play it.

Now the age old dilemna: to play using standard names or the nicknames of my friends...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I always say that in my next replay I'll name the characters with
their real names (Marle = Nadia, Robo = R66-Y, Frog = Glenn, Magus = Janus)
, but I end up never doing it.

Fuu said:

You mean
Prometheus
, but that wouldn't fit anyway.

Fuu

Dragona Akehi said:
You mean
Prometheus
, but that wouldn't fit anyway.
Exactly. :lol

And using the
serial number
is funnier since that's what Marle has a problem with in the first place.

Teetris said:
Got mine! :D 40 euros, but totally worth it.

First impressions, looks verrrry crisp on the DS screen, love it! Upto the future now. I think I'll play this nonstop until the end. Funny thing is, it could just as well fly as a game that's been developed recently. Doesn't look dated AT ALL! Techs and stuff still look hella impressive. Walking with the touchscreen is bad though. Kinda wanted it to work since it was what I was planning on playing like.

Sprites4eva!
Who did you order with that got it to you so fast?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Zeouterlimits said:
Who did you order with that got it to you so fast?
http://stores.ebay.nl/EliteVideoGames3

It's where I always get my PS3 imports from. Usually takes 3-5 days, highly recommend this if you live in europe. They mark the game as gifts so you don't pay tax. The 15 euros you pay for shipping is pretty steep, but you still get off cheaper than euros.

Tendo

Seems to be the best place to ask, where can I find some nice high res Chrono Trigger desktops? Everything I seem to find is at a very small resolution :(

Scarecrow

I'm trying to will myself to use different characters this time around. My favorite team was always Crono, Frog, and, um
Magus
. I was thinking about going for a team of Crono, Ayla, and Robo, but am finding the lack of magic attacks to be a little handicapping.

Can anyone tell me if this game has multiple save spots? Me and my brother both want to play it at the same time, but we don't want to have to buy 2 copies. Did they pull a Pokemon with this?

Fuu

Blu_LED said:
Can anyone tell me if this game has multiple save spots? Me and my brother both want to play it at the same time, but we don't want to have to buy 2 copies. Did they pull a Pokemon with this?
3 slots.

lyre

A Link to the Snitch said:
My guess would be TOSE. But that's just a guess, since they made the FFIV-VI GBA ports.
That's Nintendo Power's say on who the dev is; not that they're any sort of reliable resource for anything.

Fuu

Tendo said:
Seems to be the best place to ask, where can I find some nice high res Chrono Trigger desktops? Everything I seem to find is at a very small resolution :(
The Japanese site for the DS version has some character-centric ones (http://www.chronotrigger.jp/ "download" section).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Segata Sanshiro said:
Seems like the good TOSE showed up this time.

if they actually got credit for their work one of our credit memorizers could cross-reference good tose versus bad tose and we wouldn't have to fear their name anymore :(

Fuu said:

Good idea.

Big-E

Anyone find this in a Canadian retail store yet? I went to BB and FS and they still don't have it in. It ain't even on their website. Fuck them.

Top Bottom