• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game was made in Finland, not America :D

I chuckled.
KuGsj.gif

GeoGonzo

Not in front of the game right now, sorry if this is obvious but how do I see the different types of demand?
Check the screenshot on the post above yours. See the city name Robotown on the lower left? A bit to the right of that there are three almost empty bars showing colour coded demand for residential, commercial and industrial/offices.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh there we go.

It's fine to ignore, say, a high demand of residential if you need to save up right?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
if the regular industry area complains a lot about it being hard to find workers because of over-education, should I just switch them out for office zones?

Dimentios

Thats 19$, so 1$ less than fully legit Polish distributor, so i'll probably just buy from gram.pl. Thanks anyway for trying to help :)

Oh, a few days ago it was around 15,- €, so 13$ or whatever. If you can wait a couple of days, I think similiar offers will return.

MUnited83

For you.
g2a

Bro-tip: Use Coupon CHILLMO.

Nope. G2A is not a "legal place" in the slightest.Do not buy from them, they are not authorised retailers.

The game is still 17.5$ at Nuuvem, a legit and authorised reseller..

Oh, a few days ago it was around 15,- €, so 13$ or whatever. If you can wait a couple of days, I think similiar offers will return.
Their keys definitely come from Russian GMG, so just find a russian to buy it for you and it will be cheaper. Don't make G2A have profit.

PepperedHam

Just about all of my industrial buildings are in need of workers and I don't understand why. I've zoned out more residential, more people are moving in but nobody is going to work there anymore. I'm frazzled.

Jimrpg

I've only played a couple of hours and I've just got 5k pop but I'm in love with this game. At first, it was a bit dry, the usual put down res, com, ind zoning, but I've got enough money now that I can bulldoze some old ugly areas and try to make it prettier. Trying to solve the traffic problem is also a game within itself.

The list of mods is overwhelming... This game is pretty insane. I can't believe bloodborne is out next week too... There's just not enough time to play everything!

I've only got 5k pop but it's run decent on my MacBook retina so far... (I7 2.3ghz, 8gb ram, 1gb gt650m) medium settings.

scurker

Are there any mods that allow you to edit a map outside of the buildable area? Apparently I've got an issue where my trains are backed up but it's happening outside of the purchasable tiles. I also can't see where it's happening because the camera is locked to the tiles I've purchased.

DEO3

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Be careful with this mod, as I posted on the mod's page :

This mod totally breaks the Buses and Metros, even if I don't change any lane, just enable the mod and all my lines are doing detours.

Some roads can't be used by buses anymore, even if I recreate lines.

Same for metros, it's really weird.

Note that once the mod has been enabled once, its effects on transports are still active in the game's memory, you have to restart the game with the mod disabled to get your bus/metro lines back.

There are actually a few advantage to building industrial areas:

Offices don't produce any goods for the commercial industry, so you have to import from outside = smaller profit margin in the commerce industry.

Fewer jobs available per office building compared to the industrial buildings.
That's true and it's cool how the economy interacts, but by the time offices and high density zoning become available you're usually well in the black or on your way. At that point decreased commercial revenue doesn't matter.

Error1355

This mod totally breaks the Buses and Metros, even if I don't change any lane, just enable the mod and all my lines are doing detours.

Note that once the mod has been enabled once, its effects on transports are still active in the game's memory, you have to restart the game with the mod disabled to get your bus/metro lines back.

Hmm, I use that mod. I should load up my game when I get home and see if I have this same issue.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there a mod similar to the tree brush but for destroying (trees)? I've reached my tree rendering limit and wanna remove them from unused areas and put them in my cities preferably not with single clicks -.-

dejay

Banned

YESSS!!

DAMMIT!

Quick question - do mods auto-update in steam when the author updates them?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Looking at all these mods fixing problems, I think Paradox really should have expanded tools for roads. If they're going to make traffic such an integral part of the game, they should really make sure you have a lot of control over the roads.

Ya no

I'm dying to play this game, but all I have is a macbook pro... i'm upgrading it to 16 gigs of ram and also gonna grab an ssd to breathe some new life into it and I'm wondering how the game would run on that. The graphics card is in intel hd graphics 3000 with only 384MB of memory... i just realized the steam page says intel integrated graphics aren't supported. Am I SOL?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm dying to play this game, but all I have is a macbook pro... i'm upgrading it to 16 gigs of ram and also gonna grab an ssd to breathe some new life into it and I'm wondering how the game would run on that. The graphics card is in intel hd graphics 3000 with only 384MB of memory... i just realized the steam page says intel integrated graphics aren't supported. Am I SOL?

It will (probably) literally work, but it won't be a great experience. I have Intel HD 4000 and it ran at around 20ish FPS at low resolution. I wouldn't recommend it.

Ya no

It will (probably) literally work, but it won't be a great experience. I have Intel HD 4000 and it ran at around 20ish FPS at low resolution. I wouldn't recommend it.

Ah I had a feeling this would be the case. All the more reason to start looking into building myself a decent desktop I guess

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also: is there ANY advantage to industry over offices? More truck traffic, higher pollution, need for uneducated workers.... What's the advantage over offices?

Copons

About the Dynamic Resolution mod: I've noticed a considerable drop in the framerate (lower 30s) in the last couple of days in a city of 20K, while in the past I got it working decently (45-ish) in a city of 80K.
Going first person, with the sun shafts active drops everything to like 15fps.

I've got a GTX 780 and I downsample from 200% (I'd go lower, but it blurs everything A LOT, disregarding the "optimal pixel locations" claimed by the mod author).
Later I'm gonna try the AA mod instead, hoping for a better outcome.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait, really? Damn I totally didnt know that. Does the same apply to graveyards&crematoriums?
yes
Also: is there ANY advantage to industry over offices? More truck traffic, higher pollution, need for uneducated workers.... What's the advantage over offices?

Offices are merely just a job sink.

Industry provides jobs as well, but 20% more for most buildings. They also generate more money than offices. level 3 industry actually uses a lot of educated workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom