• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What kind of industry is it and can the trucks and other vehicles that are importing goods get to it in time?

Hmm I guess it's traffic that's causing it then.

Speaking of which, do you guys like to put clinics/fire depts/etc. on areas with existing commerce/residential/industrial buildings? Since I just realized that some areas would benefit if I plop a park on it but then I saw an existing house or commerce building already occupying in it.

Jisgsaw

Hmm I guess it's traffic that's causing it then.

Speaking of which, do you guys like to put clinics/fire depts/etc. on areas with existing commerce/residential/industrial buildings? Since I just realized that some areas would benefit if I plop a park on it but then I saw an existing house or commerce building already occupying in it.

Absolutely put crematoriums even in commercial areas.
I once had a deathspread because I didn't put them near commercials, thinking they're only needed for residential area.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Crematoriums need to be anywhere that has accessible road. It doesn't matter where as long as the hearses can get to the body on time. Note that people can die literally anywhere. Even in commercial and industrial areas.

Jisgsaw

I meant the roads of a comercial district have to be covered by the hoarse.
It really didn't even occur to me to put some access to crematoriums for my commercial district before I got that death calamity.

Mii

Banned
My save files seem to have disappeared. They still show up in content manager, but they aren't accessible in Load Game. What happened? Where are saves located on the desktop?

EDIT: In fact, when I try to make a new save, it doesn't show up anywhere either. Whats up?

Crispy75

Four-way roundabouts? Pah! Six? I laugh at them. Eight? It's a nice try.

The only roundabout for the serious collector is the 12-way. I present to you a 1:1 recreation of Place de l'Etoile in Paris. Home to the Arc de Triomphe and right in the middle of the Champs Elysees.

lVuvhib.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414495865

OMG, this is a completely useless junction in the game :D

4DypiZ6.jpg

Each vehicle on the roundabout is a "queue" which means the whole thing stutters, letting one car out of each street at a time. The approaching traffic is quite light, but this is like the anti-roundabout. Complete gridlock. Looks fantastic though.

Jintor

As I understand it, traffic circle currently duck because of the way lane merging works, ie it doesn't. Roundabouts become stop and go interchanges instead of the traffic whirlpools they're meant to be

Lexxism

I'm really having a hard time when it comes to "dead" people. Suddenly, it will spam my map with tons of dead skull icon blinking throughout. Freaking hate it.

Grief.exe

Crematoriums need to be anywhere that has accessible road. It doesn't matter where as long as the hearses can get to the body on time. Note that people can die literally anywhere. Even in commercial and industrial areas.

I implemented the on ramp/off ramp system to speed up traffic at the cargo train stations, but this leaves me open to trash and dead bodies piling up.

I'm really having a hard time when it comes to "dead" people. Suddenly, it will spam my map with tons of dead skull icon blinking throughout. Freaking hate it.

Your citizens will only live for 6 years, you likely went through an extremely fast portion of expansion.

Increase your healthcare budget and spam down more crematoriums than necessary, you will weather the storm.

dejay

Banned
Your citizens will only live for 6 years, you likely went through an extremely fast portion of expansion.

I would also imagine that a lot of sudden vacancies would result in more demand for residential, meaning lots of people move in after a death wave, setting it up for another death-wave in the same areas in six years time. I have a hunch that auto-bulldozing abandoned buildings might exacerbate this effect.

You know you're due for a death wave when you see LOTS of granddads walking around with canes.

Shibalan

OMG, this is a completely useless junction in the game :D

Each vehicle on the roundabout is a "queue" which means the whole thing stutters, letting one car out of each street at a time. The approaching traffic is quite light, but this is like the anti-roundabout. Complete gridlock. Looks fantastic though.
In other terms, totally faithfull to the original.

Jintor

The traffic lights isn't the problem (even on highways with no traffic lights...), it's the merging behaviour that's the issue

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The lane usage issue in roundabouts gets a little better if you have some of the offramps originate from the inside of the circle.

I tried to add a metro to my city and ended up causing a complete citywide gridlock when I tried to redo my bus lines to accomodate and support the metro. Sigh.

tauke

I guess I haven't unlocked it yet.

Also yay it seems getting Water Conservation policy up in earlier game time makes it cheaper.

You can access the roundabout in the Road menu. It is the most right tab after the highway tab if I'm not mistaken.

There have 4 roundabout presets in it.

Jintor

Which reminds me is there any reasons to deploy more than one bus depot?

Whenever I plop a second bus depot, it only service like 3 or 4 buses.

They're just for buses to spawn. They don't actually need to go on for repairs or anything

tauke

There is, check the transport tab and click on the line and hit modify line. Or get one of the three transport ui mods

Got the Extended Public Transport UI and it solves the problem. Thanks!

Now hopefully I can reach 10k Industrial Zone to unlock the last unique building.

_woLf

Are there any mods that change the requirements for unique buildings so you dont have to completely destroy hours of hard work in your city just to unlock a freaking observatory? I want the fusion power plant, but come on man...

Finally have time to sit down and build my 3rd city... Plainfield. It's called Plainfield coz it's the Flatlands map lol.

Population is around 15k and making $10k thanks to stupid high taxes. It's definitely somewhat of an ugly city. I still can't perfect the art of highway on-ramps so I've got a basic diamond system that the highways in the great state of Texas is littered with.

Now a question... what the hell is up with the trash service? As you can see on that map, I've got 7 landfills, 1 at the left, 2 on top and 4 on the right... yet it seems like the garbage trucks don't pick up the trash. I'm thinking it's due to the crazy traffic around the city and hopefully building the subway will fix it, if isn't, then yeah... idk lol.

Are there any mods that change the requirements for unique buildings so you dont have to completely destroy hours of hard work in your city just to unlock a freaking observatory? I want the fusion power plant, but come on man...

I downloaded the Los Santos save game (not the map) that unlocked everything

Finally have time to sit down and build my 3rd city... Plainfield. It's called Plainfield coz it's the Flatlands map lol.

Population is around 15k and making $10k thanks to stupid high taxes. It's definitely somewhat of an ugly city. I still can't perfect the art of highway on-ramps so I've got a basic diamond system that the highways in the great state of Texas is littered with.

Now a question... what the hell is up with the trash service? As you can see on that map, I've got 7 landfills, 1 at the left, 2 on top and 4 on the right... yet it seems like the garbage trucks don't pick up the trash. I'm thinking it's due to the crazy traffic around the city and hopefully building the subway will fix it, if isn't, then yeah... idk lol.

It's of course a traffic problem. Better redesign your streets network because underground make some cars disappear but not the heavy traffic. But 15/30k citizen is the worst moment for trash management in this game, because you don't have enough space for smart landfill position and not incinerators yet.

Boss Doggie

Emptying a landfill just means transferring its contents right? So the real solution is to build a new one then?

Boss Doggie

Hmm even after switching the two connecting roads into highways I still get a lot of traffic, causing my power plants to lack resources.

TheMoon

Is there anything inside other than a disc? Is there even a disc or just a Steam code?

There's a disc. Haven't opened it yet. I assume there's the standard leaflet with the steam key on it (still uses steam obviously).

edit: opened it. Just the disc and a sticker on the inside of the case that has the key on it. No extra paper stuff.

fritolay

Emptying a landfill just means transferring its contents right? So the real solution is to build a new one then?

It transfers garbage to the incinerator. So, no need for a new landfill.

There is a mod that will automatically empty landfills and graveyards when full. Makes the game more enjoyable as with large cities you would have to micro manage these all the time.

Still losing many hours in this game, and I am still on my first city. This game is exactly what I have wanted for many years and will support the devs and publishers for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom