• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offshore wind turbines almost feel like a cheat. 20 MW, no pollution, no useful space taken up, noise pollution not an issue. Sure, they're somewhat expensive, but still easily worth it.

Isn't that the argument in reality too? I'm a fan of the huge offshore wind farm in the North Sea / off the coast of Holland.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Something incredibly addictive seeing buildings get built and upgrade before your eyes. Only thing missing is a monster smashing everything to pieces!
I hope they work on big ol' expansion packs for this :), I could see myself paying an additional €20 for natural disasters and the like.

Anyway, hats off to Colossal Order.

Strider

4 hours gone just like that O_O I haven't even eaten today I had to force myself to stop playing so I can go grab something. Game has an insanely addicting nature to it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Had to stop. 3 hours later! Achieved 10k population, have a healthy extra income pouring in. Will need to work on better education, improve traffic, and all that stuff.

This game is the real deal. Screw SC.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Seems like this is game is amazing reading the impressions.

Played banished and I didn't like it. Is it anything like it?

Depends on why you did not like Banished.

Absinthe

How's the learning curve on this game? This is coming from someone who hasn't played sim city since they were a little kid who had no idea what the fuck they were doing then haha. I want to get into this

It seems easy enough from what I've watched so far, though I have a fair bit of experience with these types of games.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1BzVXS2v-k

and see what you think. It's a great intro video and you will pick up a pretty good idea of how the game plays.

I still believe that the game needs some tuning in terms of accessibility. Right now, what we have is essentially information overload.

Too much UI.

Great game! I will spend a lot of time with this :) Feels so much better than SC2013.

I don't know, but SimCity 2013 had a feel that wasn't exactly in this game. It's the small things that make cities feel like actual places instead of just something that looks like an image.

4GB model. I haven't tried it on power rather than battery, though I am sure I have all Intel settings at full power on battery. Only had the Surface for 3 weeks so I am still testing what games work well with it.

Some systems throttle no matter what if it's unplugged, so plug it in first.

MrGlass

So i downloaded an intersection and i'm having trouble lining it up with the highway. Anyone know how i can finely rotate it? Using only the keyboard as i'm playing on my laptop.

Matty8787

pIRPEXF.jpg

I think it would be really wrong for me to list the things that SimCity got right but this game didn't in this thread, no?

I think I'm going to try again at building a city tomorrow. Possibly with some other music playing.

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
There isn't.

I really wish there was a game that got the best parts of this game and the 2013 SimCity. As much as I want to love CSL right now, I can't. It feels incomplete.
Oh that's really disappointing. Hopefully it gets patched in if enough players suggest it?

Klyka

Banned
Guys. Guys. I can not overstate how important the placement of pedestrian walkways in clever and proper ways is.
You will help your traffic SO MUCH and people can get everywhere much easier.

It's insane actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom