• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Question: Do office buildings count as commercial or industrial? I can't remember. They're blue like commercial, but grouped with industrial. If my city wants commercial, will they count?

Wait, is your game using your integrated graphics? Why do you even have that enabled? Turn that shit off.

Unless he's on a laptop, which I don't think he is, I don't see how he would even be able to use the integrated graphics. They're completely different monitor outputs on the back of the computer.

Not saying that the integrated graphics couldn't still mess up his performance some other way, but that's mighty weird. And yes, integrated graphics should be turned off at the BIOS level when a discreet graphics card is installed.

Klyka

Banned
Unless he's on a laptop, which I don't think he is, I don't see how he would even be able to use the integrated graphics. They're completely different monitor outputs on the back of the computer.

Not saying that the integrated graphics couldn't still mess up his performance some other way, but that's mighty weird. And yes, integrated graphics should be turned off at the BIOS level when a discreet graphics card is installed.

Someone way earlier in the thread said his game ran terribly and then he noticed it was using his integrated graphics

Someone way earlier in the thread said his game ran terribly and then he noticed it was using his integrated graphics

Right, that was on a laptop though, where the motherboard has both installed and uses the integrated graphics to save power when not playing graphically-intensive games. Sometimes the motherboard doesn't correctly switch over to the discrete graphics when it's supposed to, so it must be forced.

It's not possible to switch between the two on a desktop, they're completely separate monitor outputs.

MihowZa

Banned
6 hours in so far

Abandoned a few cities and now have the hang of it except for traffic which I'm playing with now.

What an absolute engrossing game.

Pendejo Frontier - 63k

QK4SeIkh.png

So, Im looking at my INTEL HD Graphics in Device Manager...should I be trying to disable it? The option is unavailable

Edit:

OK I got it...should I disable my Intel HD Graphics 4000? What if it causes problems?

You should disable it, but it has to be done at the BIOS level, which you can only access when you first turn on your computer. Usually you have to hit F2 or delete to enter BIOS setup, and from there it's just down to what brand of motherboard you have to determine where you need to go to shut off integrated graphics.

The only way it would cause problems is if you've had your monitor hooked up to the motherboard the whole time, instead of the graphics card.

You should disable it, but it has to be done at the BIOS level, which you can only access when you first turn on your computer. Usually you have to hit F2 or delete to enter BIOS setup, and from there it's just down to what brand of motherboard you have to determine where you need to go to shut off integrated graphics.

The only way it would cause problems is if you've had your monitor hooked up to the motherboard the whole time, instead of the graphics card.

Thanks for the answer... I'm guessing I can easily open up my tower to change this connection around...

Um, so... I hit F2... enter BIOS...how do I disable from there?

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for the answer... I'm guessing I can easily open up my tower to change this connection around...

Open your tower? You don't need to open your tower to switch your monitor cable.

In the bios you want to look around for the menu that show syou "onboard GPU" or something like that. Without knowing what your BIOS looks like,we can't really help.

It probably says "integrated graphics adapter" or something and you can set it to "disabled"

Giever

Question: Do office buildings count as commercial or industrial? I can't remember. They're blue like commercial, but grouped with industrial. If my city wants commercial, will they count?

I'm pretty sure they count as industrial. If you hover over the industrial demand bar it says as much.

kabel

Wait....is C:SL the only game which runs shitty or do all your games?
Is your monitor connected to the motherboard or the graphicscard?

Wait....is C:SL the only game which runs shitty or do all your games?
Is your monitor connected to the motherboard or the graphicscard?

Other games Ive played have run fine... like Bioshock...

Cities is not smooth even on lower settings. I dont know what my monitor is connected to.

On top of this, I cant even enter BIOS because my monitor doesnt turn on fast enough, and I tried to press F2 but the monitor just was blank...might be some power save setting mode, but I cant even turn that off because this new monitor seems to have faulty buttons...

lol, geez, sorry for dragging this thread down. Would really like some help here. I'm afraid of what happens if I disable through BIOS...what if my monitor is connected to INTEL and not AMD?

Klyka

Banned

Cities is not smooth even on lower settings. I dont know what my monitor is connected to.

On top of this, I cant even enter BIOS because my monitor doesnt turn on fast enough, and I tried to press F2 but the monitor just was blank...might be some power save setting mode, but I cant even turn that off because this new monitor seems to have faulty buttons...

lol, geez, sorry for dragging this thread down. Would really like some help here. I'm afraid of what happens if I disable through BIOS...what if my monitor is connected to INTEL and not AMD?

just press f2 while it boots up,you don't actually have to see it on your monitor.

and all you do is change your monitor cable.
who installed this PC for you? is this even your PC? It seems you have never really done anything with it.

Have you had a look at the back of case to see where the monitor is plugged in? I find in most standard PC cases the onboard GPU out will be with all the other fancy outputs taking up the top of the backside, your LAN port and some audio outs perhaps, whereas the separate GPU will be taking up a slot below all that wank. Might be worth a shot!

kabel

g6DJnqp.png

Just look from behind, you don't need to open the PC case.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

I plugged into the AMD Graphics card and OH WOW EVERYTHING IS SO SMOOTH! Running everything on highest settings and it's still super smooth

Wow, all I had to do was plug it in!

I will name my districts after those of you who helped :')

who installed this PC for you? is this even your PC? It seems you have never really done anything with it.

Lol. A friend help me built it.

I must have pulled the plug when trying to connect to my TV and put it in the Intel one

Oh man, I am loving this game so much more now that everything is so smooth

I WAS PLAYING IN 20 FPS ON LOWEST SETTINGS.

kabel

I plugged into the AMD Graphics card and OH WOW EVERYTHING IS SO SMOOTH! Running everything on highest settings and it's still super smooth

So you played all your games with the Intel HD?

My god.....that's nightmare stuff.

Anyway....have fun now :)

I must have pulled the plug when trying to connect to my TV and put it in the Intel one

While you are at it, name one of your incinerators HD 4000 Integrated Graphics.

Jisgsaw

Wait, a HD4000 integrate chip runs Bioshock? I... wouldn't have expected that.
On what settings were you playing?

While we're on hardware, I wanted to upgrade my PC later this year, but well, seing how the game always crashes for me... I guess I'll upgrade this WE.

Sorry, but that's hilarious. lol

Welcome to a
Aladdin-A-Whole-New-World-aladdin-and-jasmine-11437296-450-258.jpg

Glad we could help figure it out.

Just filled out one tile creating random districts.

And my traffic is fine.

Beautiful.

I have twisty turny roads like that myself but I'm still working on making my town looks like a metropolis.
----
So far my town has grown with no major hick ups. I'm making a lot of money, taxing moderately. Only expanding when there is absolute demand, and doing those expansions small just so I don't have to bull doze and risk unhappiness. I have all services except of a train and airplane... The money flow is tight. My only issue is always power. Ugh...

Phionoxx

I'm also running into the issue of my industry continually complaining of a lack of (uneducated) workers. Overeducated people will take the jobs but it doesn't seem to consistently happen fast enough before the industry abandons the buildings. I'm trying to upgrade the building levels to get around the issue. The higher the industry level, the more demand for educated workers.

Wait, a HD4000 integrate chip runs Bioshock? I... wouldn't have expected that.
On what settings were you playing?

While we're on hardware, I wanted to upgrade my PC later this year, but well, seing how the game always crashes for me... I guess I'll upgrade this WE.

Haha, no no, I am sure I was plugged into AMD when I played Bioshock.

God I'm so embarrassed lol.

Damn, I just remembered I played WoW for the first time last month with low everything and choppy framerate, and thought my graphics was outdated. Geez.

MihowZa

Banned
I am having trouble correctly connecting the bus and metro routes.

Anyone can give me some thoughts or point me at a guide?

I am having trouble correctly connecting the bus and metro routes.

Anyone can give me some thoughts or point me at a guide?

I had problems too but restarted it bus routes. Just place a starting point anywhere. Then click around for stops, eventually connecting back to your initial starting point to close the loop.

The bus depots store buses, but don't act as necessary points where buses return to (unlike something like landfills where trucks need to go back to).

Buses stick to routes.

Not sure about Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom