• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Hey guys, my friend is trying to get his YouTube channel going.

He's giving away $100 to whoever can guess when he'll get his first legendary card, you just have to guess how many wins he will have before he gets one. He's at about 800 wins now and still no legendary.

https://youtu.be/YQzEUhVRpo0

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Lol. I was killing with my:

Miner
Log
Princess
Ice Wizard
Skelly army
MM
Musketeer
Zap

in the x2 elixar challenge. I try it on conventional play and get smoked.

//DEVIL//

so I have a question. yesterday I reached a level 3000 and I was able to get legendary items from the shop ( I bought the lava dragon or whatever its called )

anyway the game updated 1 hour ago and the new cards at the store has no legendaries at all. am I missing something ? I thought they change every day

Agent

so I have a question. yesterday I reached a level 3000 and I was able to get legendary items from the shop ( I bought the lava dragon or whatever its called )

anyway the game updated 1 hour ago and the new cards at the store has no legendaries at all. am I missing something ? I thought they change every day

Legendaries don't appear in the shop everyday when you're in Legendary Arena. Legendary Arena just means there is now a chance they can be in the shop on any given day. They do appear fairly often though in my experience.

yatesl

They appear once a week, I'd say.

DrkSage

This is fucking bullshit. I use any deck that doesn't involve lavahound= I get paired with decks that don't have it. But hey, would you look at that? As soon as I decide to use a lavahound deck, lavahound decks rain from above.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
This is fucking bullshit. I use any deck that doesn't involve lavahound= I get paired with decks that don't have it. But hey, would you look at that? As soon as I decide to use a lavahound deck, lavahound decks rain from above.
Lavahound mirror matches are fun as heck though.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

I never have lava hound in my deck and get matched with them all the time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Any GAF clans still active? Getting back into the swing of things but my friends clan is inactive as hell and holding me back.

Just over 3K trophies.

I think I've completely plateaued. I'm pretty much stuck at 3500k +/- 25 with PB of 3600 ish. Not really enjoying the ladder anymore so I just do challenges.

Alur

Reset lyfe allowed GAF Royale to sneak into the local top 200. By a hair.

LFIL3lE.jpg

Future

Started using a mortar deck again. Man I love those decks. I can just feel the will of the opponent dying right in front of me.

broz0rs

What's the trophy minimum on the Gaf clan? I'm only 2300, but I would love to be in an active clan.

There's no trophy minimum for any of the GAF clans. You just have to mention you are from the board and be active in the game. Search for "neogaf" or "GAF" and the ones with high trophy scores are recommended for joining.

Alur

Started using a mortar deck again. Man I love those decks. I can just feel the will of the opponent dying right in front of me.

I wish I could make one work but I'm incapable.

What's the trophy minimum on the Gaf clan? I'm only 2300, but I would love to be in an active clan.

Yeah, no trophy limit on any of them that I know of. Check the trophy count and donation count of each (assuming you aren' trying to get in on Sunday or Monday) to give you a better idea of which are the most active. It's the donations that really matter in the end.

nampad

GAF (#QYYQCQ) is closed so we don't get spammed by join requests but we don't have a trophy limit. The only requirement is to being active, people who have not donated in consecutive weeks without mentioning that they are absent will be kicked.

If you want to join, we will open up the clan.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

nampad

I am not sure if the Mega Minion nerf was enough. I think the Mega Minion should die to Fire Spirits and/or Fireballs pr maybe be distracted more easily.

The Tombstone nerf was also necessary.

L3E2

I decided to abandon my old account and made a new one that just hit level 3. Looking to level up faster with donations and such, but is there a neogaf clan I can join at a low level? There are so many to choose from.

My clash royale name is Hamburglar.

hollomat

Banned
I decided to abandon my old account and made a new one that just hit level 3. Looking to level up faster with donations and such, but is there a neogaf clan I can join at a low level? There are so many to choose from.

My clash royale name is Hamburglar.

Join GAF (#QYYQCQ).

I just opened it up for you. Say you're from Neogaf in the request so we know it's you. We get so much spam requests when we open it up.

Ninja Dom

Why do you all think the Royal Giant has come back into the meta? I've been using it since July and it's a staple in my deck. But the last balance change to the RG was a nerf back in August (I think) as it was faster before.

So what has Supercell changed with other cards that has made the Royal Giant worth using again for a lot of people's deck now?

Why do you all think the Royal Giant has come back into the meta? I've been using it since July and it's a staple in my deck. But the last balance change to the RG was a nerf back in August (I think) as it was faster before.

So what has Supercell changed with other cards that has made the Royal Giant worth using again for a lot of people's deck now?
Most ppl don't use barbs and Mini pekker anymore and rely on mm and ts for anti tank. The good ole rg plus Minions combo works well in that scenario.

Ninja Dom

Most ppl don't use barbs and Mini pekker anymore and rely on mm and ts for anti tank. The good ole rg plus Minions combo works well in that scenario.

I see, so the introduction of the Mega Minion pushed the Royal Giant back into relevance. Also, Archers are back more than ever before. People preferring Archers to Princess even, probably cos they survive The Log.

Kioshen

Guaranteed tower damage also helps. The meta is even more defense focused and the other long range damage dealers can target giants type units so they are less reliable. I know it's becoming a real pain getting that hog to a tower let alone one or two hits.

I see, so the introduction of the Mega Minion pushed the Royal Giant back into relevance. Also, Archers are back more than ever before. People preferring Archers to Princess even, probably cos they survive The Log.
Yeah princess is only viable if you have other cards to bait spells i think. They really nerfed her good (and buffed Log to op Status).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh sure, but typically you're not sending minions or minion horde on their own toward the tower.

You can bet your butt that they are going to use a miner as well. Miner + minions is a common combo for that reason - ppl rely on zap + tower.

nampad

Mega Minion nerf hasn't changed anything. No visible difference.

It's because everyone except Supercell seems to know the real issue.

The Mega Minion synergizes too well with tanks because it is too difficult to distract from the tank and you can't get your troops to target the Mega Minion instead of the tank consistently when it is paired with a tank. It still rips minions apart (while the Mini Pekka can't deal too well with skeletons/goblins) and does not get killed by Fire Spirits/Fireball.

Supercell always fucks up the first attempt to nerf cards and always needs months to fix any issues. I am really fed up by this.

Ninja Dom

You did yourself a favor getting reset to 3000 instead of 4K, trust me.

You don't get reset back to 3000 at the end of the season. You only get reset back to 4000 if you finish above 4000.

But I've now since managed to get over 4000 and there is now no progress to be made on the first few days of a new season. The reset to 4000 means I'm now matched up against anybody. Level 13 players with fully maxed cards (I'm still Level 10). So I'm now gonna hold off playing the ladder until these master players have acquired more trophies so I don't get matched with them.

hollomat

Banned
You don't get reset back to 3000 at the end of the season. You only get reset back to 4000 if you finish above 4000.

But I've now since managed to get over 4000 and there is now no progress to be made on the first few days of a new season. The reset to 4000 means I'm now matched up against anybody. Level 13 players with fully maxed cards (I'm still Level 10). So I'm now gonna hold off playing the ladder until these master players have acquired more trophies so I don't get matched with them.

I've given up on pushing trophies and I've been having a lot more fun with the game. I made it above 4000 trophies, but every single match was a struggle and I wasn't enjoying it at all.

Now I've purposefully dropped to around 3500 trophies and It's much more enjoyable. I win about 90% of the games I play and get 3 crowns half the time. It's much easier to win chests and get the daily crown chest and until supercell implements a reward for legendary trophies there's no reason to be above 4000.

spyder_ur

Ah sorry, I actually didn't even know that, I thought it still did 3K reset - I've been above 4K for the last few resets.

Reset day always gives you some really skewed matches.

Honestly, I wish I could just go back to 3200 or so. That way I could actually test decks on ladder. As it is, the decks I'd want to try have card levels which aren't compatible. I'm not going to fruitlessly spend money to chase whatever the meta is at that time.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Ah sorry, I actually didn't even know that, I thought it still did 3K reset - I've been above 4K for the last few resets.

Reset day always gives you some really skewed matches.

Honestly, I wish I could just go back to 3200 or so. That way I could actually test decks on ladder. As it is, the decks I'd want to try have card levels which aren't compatible. I'm not going to fruitlessly spend money to chase whatever the meta is at that time.

Can't you just throw a bunch of ladder matches and let people 3 crown you?

Would only take about 20 minutes to drop from 4000 to 3200 that way.

Top Bottom