• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Looks pretty weak. Good against spammers I guess.

Yeah. You'd think for the cost it would do better at pulling units in. It barely slowed those barbarians down.

Seems like something you need to combo with something else which will make it trickier to play effectively.

nampad

My poor Miner chip deck :(
But I guess Tornado won't be used much, it is an epic and it doesn't seem strong right now. But I thought poison was shit for the longest time so what do I know?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This tornado seems like it sucks. Am I missing something?
For 2 it might be useful. Don't see the value at three. Overall I'm not impressed.
*Although I first came out against the Graveyard being weak and now it's a staple of my deck. What do I know?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
What's the meta like in challenge mode ? Looking to try out something else than my LH/ID deck since I have a bunch of gems to spend.

So just started playing this. Is Blue stacks the best way to play this on a windows PC? This game is really fun by the way. I'm amazed that it has replays, clans, and accounts that can be used across multiple devices. Completely a noob but I'm enjoying it so far.

b33r

So just started playing this. Is Blue stacks the best way to play this on a windows PC? This game is really fun by the way. I'm amazed that it has replays, clans, and accounts that can be used across multiple devices. Completely a noob but I'm enjoying it so far.

I think I see you over in the puzzle and dragons thread? This is the only game so far that I like on mobile other than pad. It's pretty damn fun.

nampad

I think Bluestacks is the best way on Windows, lot's of streamers use it. I am not an expert on Android emulators on Windows though but I also use Bluestacks on Mac. Unfortunately, there are some annoying bugs like being unable to chat in a clan when physical keyboard is activated (it still works when you deactivate it).

I think I see you over in the puzzle and dragons thread? This is the only game so far that I like on mobile other than pad. It's pretty damn fun.

Yep that's me. PAD has been the only game on mobile to keep my attention and i avoided this one so long because I wasn't a fan of clash of clans but this topic made me give it a shot.

b33r

Yep that's me. PAD has been the only game on mobile to keep my attention and i avoided this one so long because I wasn't a fan of clash of clans but this topic made me give it a shot.

Nice, I think some of the Gaf clans have openings if you plan on sticking with it. That is the best way to level your cards, other than cash of course. I spend money on pad occasionally, but have been niap on this game thus far. There is a some walls while leveling up and collecting cards where you will stay around a certain trophy level for a bit. But yes it's a very fun addicting game.

I think Bluestacks is the best way on Windows, lot's of streamers use it. I am not an expert on Android emulators on Windows though but I also use Bluestacks on Mac. Unfortunately, there are some annoying bugs like being unable to chat in a clan when physical keyboard is activated (it still works when you deactivate it).
Thanks. Clash Royale Arena is recommending MEmu so far it works pretty well and seems a little less bloated than Bluestacks.
Nice, I think some of the Gaf clans have openings if you plan on sticking with it. That is the best way to level your cards, other than cash of course. I spend money on pad occasionally, but have been niap on this game thus far. There is a some walls while leveling up and collecting cards where you will stay around a certain trophy level for a bit. But yes it's a very fun addicting game.

Cool thanks. Yeah the only money I spend on mobile is from google surveys.

norm9

Is it possible to win against higher level players with characters you like aesthetically or are you forced to use "higher tier" characters? I only play casually and get stomped quite a bit. I don't like using buildings, but it looks like everyone else uses buildings so I guess I have to use them too.

Is it possible to win against higher level players with characters you like aesthetically or are you forced to use "higher tier" characters? I only play casually and get stomped quite a bit. I don't like using buildings, but it looks like everyone else uses buildings so I guess I have to use them too.

By "higher tier" I assume you mean cards unlocked at higher arenas? Absolutely not. Pretty much every card has its use.

Kioshen

What are the cards that you like ? We could suggest good decks around them to help.

nampad

Most cards are usable but the synergy of your deck is really important. Yes, there are some card which are better (or even overpowered) but you can still do pretty well with a off-meta deck.

Hi, any of the clans still active? I've finally purchased a phone that can actually run the game proper, no more lag spikes! Yey!, and I'm definetly being pulled back in... though starting from scratch since iOs => android switch, but the game is good still and now I'm looking for those sweet sweet clan XP gains :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Gems on the 10 gem challenge and opening chests if needed. Gold only in upgrading cards. Do not buy cards in shop if you play f2p (well you can buy the first common and rare every day I guess)

Love the 10 gem challenge. It's what I play almost every time. I'm up to 4000 cards won from 10 gemmers.

Dazzler

Finally hit 4,000 trophies over the weekend

Giving up on trying to push higher, just going to try make fun decks and play tournie mode

commish

Finally hit 4,000 trophies over the weekend

Giving up on trying to push higher, just going to try make fun decks and play tournie mode

Nice, grats! I gave up on ranked a long time ago since there was no benefit to climbing higher than 3000. I only play challenge/Tournament. Having a cap on all the cards is nice.

nampad

Hi, any of the clans still active? I've finally purchased a phone that can actually run the game proper, no more lag spikes! Yey!, and I'm definetly being pulled back in... though starting from scratch since iOs => android switch, but the game is good still and now I'm looking for those sweet sweet clan XP gains :)

The GAF clan (#QYYQCQ) has spots open. Just tell me when to open up the clan and how much I need to lower the requirements.

Tornado is actually a fun semi useful card but not enough to justify a spot.
I don't think it's useful at all, for 3 Elex it doesn't kill Minions and if you Tornado zap you might as well Arrow Log for Overall better effect. I tried it with gy to pull the Counter away and zap but it's just not worth it really. They should lower the cost to Two Elex for Starters and See how that goes.

UFO

Banned
I don't think it's useful at all, for 3 Elex it doesn't kill Minions and if you Tornado zap you might as well Arrow Log for Overall better effect. I tried it with gy to pull the Counter away and zap but it's just not worth it really. They should lower the cost to Two Elex for Starters and See how that goes.

If it sucks mid-sized troops like wizards and hogs in then could it be useful with fireball for maximum area damage?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
If it sucks mid-sized troops like wizards and hogs in then could it be useful with fireball for maximum area damage?

I'm not sure that is a good trade for 7 elixir. Besides, if they are playing a hog/wizard combo then those troops will be on top of each other other as they cross the river anyway.

That tactic might save you a swing of the hog on the tower, but its a lot of elixir to burn defending which doesn't leave you with any tangible troops to counter-push with.

A spin on that might be combining tornado and valkyrie?

Edit: some tornado gameplay from Orange Juice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0e33NrXs5Q

Ninja Dom

Interesting that Tornado can pull back a locked on Sparky but the Sparky can still shoot at its target, effectively increasing its shooting range.

So Sparky has a 4.5 tile range, Tornado pulls Sparky back 2.5 tiles, Sparky still shoots. Meaning that Sparky has shot at a 7 tile distance.

Cooter

Whats the best use you've found for it?
It's good for skelly armies and holding up an incoming hog if you have a musketeer or MM disposing of it. Otherwise there aren't many uses for it. There are other minor things you can do but nothing worth 3 elixar.

Pikma

Banned
So huh, I decided I'll give this p2w garbage another chance since I'll have more free time than I'd like in the next couple of weeks, I was in a GAF clan before but I can't remember which one it was.

So... which GAF clan should I join?

Cooter

I've ran my lvl 9 account with no common above 9, rare above 7, and epic above 3 to 3350. Things are going well but air heavy lava hound decks give me all kinds of trouble. I know there are always gonna be certain decks that give you problems but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My deck right now.

Miner
Log
Graveyard
Skelly army
Musketeer
MM
Tombstone
Zap

I've tried a furnace but it's only lvl 6 and won't even reach towers for extra chip damage. Thoughts?

* I have all cards but a LH and Lumberjack.

nampad

So huh, I decided I'll give this p2w garbage another chance since I'll have more free time than I'd like in the next couple of weeks, I was in a GAF clan before but I can't remember which one it was.

So... which GAF clan should I join?

We at GAF (#QYYQCQ) still have open slots left. The clan is closed right now to prevent spam, if you want to join I can open it up. Then you have to mention that you are from GAF in your join request.

commish

I've ran my lvl 9 account with no common above 9, rare above 7, and epic above 3 to 3350. Things are going well but air heavy lava hound decks give me all kinds of trouble. I know there are always gonna be certain decks that give you problems but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My deck right now.

Miner
Log
Graveyard
Skelly army
Musketeer
MM
Tombstone
Zap

I've tried a furnace but it's only lvl 6 and won't even reach towers for extra chip damage. Thoughts?

* I have all cards but a LH and Lumberjack.

I still find inferno tower to be useful in this meta. I face a lot of giants, RG, golems and LHs. Your deck is very similar to my deck the last day or 4. I don't think you need graveyard, tombstone AND skelly army - I had those 3 as well but found more success with taking out tombstone adding the inferno tower. I also may take out graveyard... It might be too expensive for the deck as there are too many matches where I don't use it. We'll see.

I also took out zap for fireball, but I haven't ran zap in weeks.

Cooter

I still find inferno tower to be useful in this meta. I face a lot of giants, RG, golems and LHs. Your deck is very similar to my deck the last day or 4. I don't think you need graveyard, tombstone AND skelly army - I had those 3 as well but found more success with taking out tombstone adding the inferno tower. I also may take out graveyard... It might be too expensive for the deck as there are too many matches where I don't use it. We'll see.

I also took out zap for fireball, but I haven't ran zap in weeks.
Thanks. Yeah, I was running fireball too for a while and switched to zap just for the instant damage helping out my miner/graveyard push. I've messed around a little with an inferno tower. I'll probably give it another shot. I love GY. It requires so much attention that it allows me to bank up elixar while they defend. I can't see me getting rid of that.

JoeNut

Getting a bit tired of the ladder in the game at the moment, it just seems a slog.

However i just tried the double elixir challenge and it was crazy fun, i think that should just be standard game speed lol

commish

Getting a bit tired of the ladder in the game at the moment, it just seems a slog.

However i just tried the double elixir challenge and it was crazy fun, i think that should just be standard game speed lol

If they ever give rewards for reaching 4000, I'll play ladder again. Otherwise, it's easier (and cheaper) to just play the challenge modes and tournament. It's a lot of $$$ to keep up with people who are running level 12 commons and level 9 rares.

I would love that. Double elixir is great and presents new strategies.

I love trying dumb decks in double Elixir. I think the funnest deck I've played is my calcium deck:

Tombstone
Mirror
Witch
Giant Skeleton
Guards
Balloon
Skeleton Army
Skeleton / Log / Zap / Fireball / Lumberjack

It doesn't do well against Lava decks, but seeing all the skeletons is fun. This works best against heavy ground decks like Pekka or Golem.

I tried a Graveyard cheese (mirror, Miner, barrel, poison) but I have never won with it.

Top Bottom