• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

nampad

Finally made it into 4000 :)
Have to say I enjoy the meta without any clearly dominating decks right now. The opponents are now quite diverse, though I am seeing lots of lava hounds, royal giants, giants and hogs.

Got a graveyard. Not impressed. It should be 3 elixar. Value is low at five.

That would be super OP. The card is ok, it is not as powerful as everybody expected, just like with the inferno dragon but it can be deadly in the right situation.
That gives me hope that the electro wiz is also not too strong even though he sounds like it. From the leaked gameplay, he seemed ok.

Supercell has only fucked up with the mega minion in the recent past.

Dazzler

Got a graveyard. Not impressed. It should be 3 elixar. Value is low at five.

I've been trying to make it work for a while and have given up for now. It's extremely situational, I'll go two/three matches in a row without even using it, so it's taking up a slot I could put to much better use. When it works, it REALLY works, but those opportunities are all too rare

Swapped Ice whiz back in to beef up my defence instead

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been trying to make it work for a while and have given up for now. It's extremely situational, I'll go two/three matches in a row without even using it, so it's taking up a slot I could put to much better use. When it works, it REALLY works, but those opportunities are all too rare

Swapped Ice whiz back in to beef up my defence instead

People will find a use for GY. I have to give SC credit in that they never release a card that doesn't find its way into use in some way, rage being the exception. I have to admit, though, I'm not sure where it would work with our current cards.

DrkSage

Kings cup is fucking bullshit at the end. Got paired 3 times in a row with decks mine are hopeless against.

So much for trying to prove "skill" supercell. Fuck.

Ozone

Kings cup is fucking bullshit at the end. Got paired 3 times in a row with decks mine are hopeless against.

Yeah, putting you against 3 musk without any AOE troops or spells is pretty much the worst. :(

Dazzler

Their pre-set decks you pull from are trash. I thought it'd be a completely randomized deck

My first game in Kings Cup started off with opponent playing balloon and rage. My deck's only air defense was Princess. Bye bye tower

commish

Their pre-set decks you pull from are trash. I thought it'd be a completely randomized deck

My first game in Kings Cup started off with opponent playing balloon and rage. My deck's only air defense was Princess. Bye bye tower

Why don't they just do it like Hearthstone arena? Let people form a deck from preselected options.

And I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I've been super unlucky in getting matched up against hard counters to my deck. I was running a zap bait deck, and I'll be damned if I didn't fight people who had zap, arrows, furnace AND fire spirits. Come on! Who runs all 4 of those! EVERYONE apparently!

Dunlop

wow i bet supercell are pissed at that leak.

seem to be stuck at 3300 now, log just owns my deck and everybody seems to have it.
I've ceilinged at 2800 and then just hit people who were deranked from kegendary arena and their cards are just stronger than mine.

Kinda bored with the game, any time I stray from my anti sparky deck I'll run into one in the next 4/5 games and then I'm ready to snap my phone. I'm more pissed that the card is in the game than my loss lol

nampad

Really disappointed with the King's Cup. There are just not enough deck archetypes, so I played them all after a short while. Several times, my opponent and I had the same archetype.

It might be funnier if the cards would be all random. There is already quite a bit of luck involved right now so it wouldn't even matter anymore.

Nah, archetypes need to be used otherwise you'd just get crappy unplayable decks with no synergy. If it was all random, you can end up with decks that have no win condition at all.

hollomat

Banned
Hating kings cup so far. In each match one side gets lucky and winds up with a much better deck than the other. That side will almost always win unless they play absolutely terrible.

Got matched up against a balloon rage deck. My only anti air was fireball. Needless to say I got destroyed.

I've been playing this a lot recently, and while I absolutely love the gameplay, I really wish it wasn't so Pay to Win..

For example, I was stuck around 2000 for a very long time. Until today when I saw a special offer for 1 euro for a chest. I got the Lava Hound, and I haven't lost a match since and I am nearing the 2300 mark. Without paying I would have basically never got the card and I got extremely lucky. There is really no limit to how much I might have had to pay before I would have almost certainly got one. The log + Lava Hound is basically what makes my deck.

Matush

I've been playing this a lot recently, and while I absolutely love the gameplay, I really wish it wasn't so Pay to Win..

For example, I was stuck around 2000 for a very long time. Until today when I saw a special offer for 1 euro for a chest. I got the Lava Hound, and I haven't lost a match since and I am nearing the 2300 mark. Without paying I would have basically never got the card and I got extremely lucky. There is really no limit to how much I might have had to pay before I would have almost certainly got one. The log + Lava Hound is basically what makes my deck.
I don't think that the game is P2W that much, it is highly skill based and I am a was able to defeat enemies who were overleveled compared to my deck. Sure, legendaries help here and there, but so far I was able to pull 5-6 legendaries for free without paying single dollar.

I did buy those special value packs tho.

You can totally break into Legendary without paying a cent. There are also people who hit 4000+ with decks that are completely reasonable for F2P players, but they're super good at the game. It does really feel P2W around 3700+.

nampad

Nah, archetypes need to be used otherwise you'd just get crappy unplayable decks with no synergy. If it was all random, you can end up with decks that have no win condition at all.

They could use some kind of slot system and randomize it. Like 1 random win condition, 1 random direct damage spell, 1 random air attacking unit, 1 random splash guaranteed.

Anyway, even if it where totally random, it would not be much different then it is now. You can get a deck without win condition, yes. You can also get a deck without air defense now against the raging balloon.

At leadt it would be way more diversified.

Actually, you will get a legendary sooner or later as a f2p gamer. All of my 3 accounts got several free ones.

The chest you bought was a magical chest which appears often in the normal rotation so you were just lucky.

commish

I don't think that the game is P2W that much, it is highly skill based and I am a was able to defeat enemies who were overleveled compared to my deck. Sure, legendaries help here and there, but so far I was able to pull 5-6 legendaries for free without paying single dollar.

I did buy those special value packs tho.

It's pretty hard to reach the top cup ranks without paying. You can certainly do it but it takes so long to get there.

nampad

I meant this comeback:

https://youtu.be/1fuCnNBTqBU?t=4h47m6s

Great tourney, looking forward to the next one.

That raged Inferno Dragon was so nice. Liked that Clyde played the Lumberjack.
The Golem/Lava Hound, Lightning, Tombstone, Mega Minion, Archers, Log Meta was a bit boring :(

Also, the yarn - Mango match showed everything that is wrong with the damn hog. Yarn played a exciting and risky deck while Mango just had to put down the Hog. In the second game one misplaced defense fucked Yarn over.

But the final games were really intensive and overall the tournament was great.

broz0rs

Seems everyone was rooting for Mr. Positive Elixir Trade.

One thing I liked about watching these events is that not only are they exciting but you get the sense that you'd want to play against these players and beat them!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Seems everyone was rooting for Mr. Positive Elixir Trade.

One thing I liked about watching these events is that not only are they exciting but you get the sense that you'd want to play against these players and beat them!

I played against Chief Pat and won in a ladder match. I didn't realize until the end of the match.

Of course, I was a level 10 and he was a level 8 so it wasn't particularly satisfying.

It was the Sparky deck he used to played and my deck is geared to counter that in a couple of ways so I like to think I'd have still been competitive anyway if the level gap was closer.

Nevyr

Banned
This game needs a bit better match making, tired of being queued up against shitty players winning because they are 2-3 levels higher than you. With cards 3-4 levels higher than yours.

Anyway enough of the rant, so stupid and annoying.

sandy1297

This game needs a bit better match making, tired of being queued up against shitty players winning because they are 2-3 levels higher than you. With cards 3-4 levels higher than yours.

Anyway enough of the rant, so stupid and annoying.
But isn't the fact that he have roughly the same number of trophy means that he's actually a worst player than you?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
But isn't the fact that he have roughly the same number of trophy means that he's actually a worst player than you?

Yeah, personally I feel the opposite. If I see someone 2 levels lower than me I know they must be good and they usually are. If I see someone 2 levels higher than me I assume they suck and they usually do.

Nevyr

Banned
Yeah, personally I feel the opposite. If I see someone 2 levels lower than me I know they must be good and they usually are. If I see someone 2 levels higher than me I assume they suck and they usually do.

Yeah, I know they blow, but it is not a "fair fight", makes it p2w.

It is just super annoying to lose games because their towers have 500hp more each, like yesterday I lost to this dude, got his tower to 8hp. If he had been equal level I would have destroyed him, 1 higher level and I would have just won, but 2 levels made it a coin toss.

Was just annoyed, I slept since much better today =)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Oh man. Just made arena 9!

Deck:

Miner
Log
Graveyard
Skelly army
Musketeer
MM
Tombstone
Fireball

Looking forward to the tornado spell card coming in less than 12 hours...

Orange Juice posted an Intro Video for the new Tornado Epic card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXB6FDWwlLY

Also, if anyone's looking to join a clan, we have lots of room: we're not officially a GAF clan, but could use additional members for active donations/helping each other out.

Clan name is League Lol, hashtag code #PYU8Q2C.

Leave a comment saying you're coming from GAF as well.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Grats

Look at all those legends,
Thanks. I just got a Princess too. I would love to include it but I'm rolling with this deck and don't see anywhere to swap it. Maybe the tombstone but that's pretty damn important to this deck. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom