• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Btw guys, if we need to update the OP with current clan info, let me know. I feel like we had a ton of clans at one point but I lost track. Not sure which are still current and active.

hollomat

Banned
Epic Card News:

-Epic cards in the shop will only be 1,000 to start and increase by 1,000 for each one.
-Epic chests will contain more cards and will scale by arena you're in
-Every Sunday you will be able to request Epics from your clan (finally). If you're in Legendary arena you can request 4 epics. Donating an epic gives 500 gold and 10 experience. You can only request 1 epic card per Sunday

Overall, a step in the right direction.

Orange Juice recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmB304BmaWo

Not sure why anyone would donate an epic. They cost 1000 gold to buy and give the same experience as a rare. I wonder how much it counts for in the daily donation limit.

Only issue with epic donation is it is the first one that doesnt cover the cost of buying it in shop. But maybe they figured that would be too much gold infusion.

Agent

Only issue with epic donation is it is the first one that doesnt cover the cost of buying it in shop. But maybe they figured that would be too much gold infusion.

I look at it as a give and take situation. Sure, you may "lose" 500 gold in a donation, but you also have the ability to request an Epic that you want to make progress toward leveling up. If you donate 2 Epics you don't want, then you can cover buying 1 Epic you want from the Shop, if it ever appears. That is the other hard thing about the 1000 gold argument, the reality is the Epic you may want could take forever to appear in the shop. This provides a bit more of an instant progression at a small loss. However, at the end the day it is still going to take forever to level up an Epic. Hopefully this change, along with the increase of cards in Epic chests, help to make it marginally faster.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Not sure why anyone would donate an epic. They cost 1000 gold to buy and give the same experience as a rare. I wonder how much it counts for in the daily donation limit.

I will be.

I have no epics in my deck, and have 11-25 "spare" cards for all epics except for Tornado and Clone after leveling everything to Lvl 2.

Aside from probably avoiding the interesting cards like Mirror and Clone, I'll be happily donating because I'd rather have the gold.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Logs are actually pretty good now. I ended up trading my Zap for it. I use Arrows in my other deck too.

I can live with it, though I'd personally prefer it to get an elixir cost increase to 3 or a reduction in crown tower damage. Seems far too easy to get a positive elixir trade with it.

I honestly don't understand why people try to reach such high levels. It's a lot easier and cheaper to just stay in the low 3000s. Playing ranked is kinda circular... you play ranked to get chests, to get more units, so you can play at high levels in ranked, to get more wins, to get more units, etc. If you just stop your progress at tournament levels, you can have more fun, and spend less money, playing in challenges. It's really easy to reach tournament levels for any card simply by requesting the card in your clan.

That said, I wish they would give people a bigger incentive to reach higher ranked levels. If there were cards only available at 4000 cups, I would actually have a reason to rank up that much.
I'm around 4 to 4.2k and i just play to fill chest slots. If i lose no biggie honestly and playing vs good competition steps up your game. Why would i spend more money there? If i get outlvld i would get beaten down to my skill and card lvl anyway. No real benefit in dropping, games are fast so it doesn't really matter if i play 4 or 8 games to fill my chest slots.

Epic Card News:
*Snip*
That's good and bad at the same time, lvl 5 and 6 Golem and loon are bad enough but now ppl are gonna seriously overlvl some cards.

Ninja Dom

I have to comment about the Royal Giant and his current popularity. I've been a RG player since June/July and now it seems a very popular card.

Now remember the last change the RG got was actually a nerf in August/September. It was to reduce his firing speed and reduce his start up firing. Then many people dropped him. Except me.

Now he seems very popular again but this isn't due to any buff he's received. He hasn't. It's the changes of other cards that have made the RG more viable again. I'm gonna blame The Log.

JoeNut

Good to see new cards and a new arena being released, SC really supporting this game.

I rmember clash of clans ended up going downhill when they released Boom Beach, does SC currently have any other games in development?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ohh clan chest incoming!

SNEAK PEEK #4 - New Clan Chest!

Event starts on Dec 19 and lasts one week
Collect Crowns with your Clan to unlock the Clan Chest
Source

Hopefully GAF clan will be able to unlock it. Wonder if it needs a "flat" number of crowns for every clan or if there are tiers to unlock at certain crown tresholds...

Kioshen

Btw guys, if we need to update the OP with current clan info, let me know. I feel like we had a ton of clans at one point but I lost track. Not sure which are still current and active.

GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY) is still plenty active but we rarely have a spot free. When we do I'll post here as a heads up.

Ohh clan chest incoming!

Source

Hopefully GAF clan will be able to unlock it. Wonder if it needs a "flat" number of crowns for every clan or if there are tiers to unlock at certain crown tresholds...

According to OJ's video, there's a bunch of tiers that adds up to eventually having to get 3250 crowns for a max level clan chest. A full 50 person clan that does their crown chest daily will get it after 7 days.

Mistouze

According to OJ's video, there's a bunch of tiers that adds up to eventually having to get 3250 crowns for a max level clan chest. A full 50 person clan that does their crown chest daily will get it after 7 days.
Haha yess just saw the info in this video (not from OJ though)
This update looks pretty cool! Hopefully, challenge matches will net you crowns for the clan chest.

hollomat

Banned
Ohh clan chest incoming!

Source

We can definitely get the lvl 8 chest and probably lvl 9 chest, but the lvl 10 chest is literally impossible for us.

You only have 7 days to do it and based on our 44 members:

44 members X 7 days X 10 crowns a day = 3080 max crowns

And that's assuming every single person in our clan gets the max crowns every day which is very unlikely. Still a cool idea though and one I'm excited for.

Mistouze

We can definitely get the lvl 8 chest and probably lvl 9 chest, but the lvl 10 chest is literally impossible for us.

You only have 7 days to do it and based on our 44 members:

44 members X 7 days X 10 crowns a day = 3080 max crowns

And that's assuming every single person in our clan gets the max crowns every day which is very unlikely. Still a cool idea though and one I'm excited for.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get the lvl 10 chest though! Especially if the matches played in challenge mode get crowns towards that chest.

Also this new chest will give an incentive for players to get agglomerate in "big" clans, so there's a chance we'll attract gaffer currently in small-ish clans.

Kioshen

If I understood correctly, any trophies accumulated on the ladder gets dumped in the pool even if you have completed your crown chest. You guys should be able to do it if people play more on the ladder.

We can drop it to 1100. We just need to know when you are ready to join. We had it at 1500 earlier and no joke probably got around 100 requests to join.
Cool, thanks. If you want a really specific time I can plan on sending a request at 10am PST today.

Edit: I'm available now to join if someone can lower the requirement. Thanks!!

I'm assuming being in a clan really opens up the game? I'm loving playing it but it feels like you hit a wall really fast in terms of buying new cards and stuff. I've bought two $1 packs and the gold and chests from those have given me some cool cards. Otherwise it seems like it takes forever to save up enough gold to buy cards from the shop, and the chests you get from matches sort of suck.

The amount of gold you get from winning a match in particular seems really stingy.

Agent

Cool, thanks. If you want a really specific time I can plan on sending a request at 10am PST today.

Edit: I'm available now to join if someone can lower the requirement. Thanks!!

I'm assuming being in a clan really opens up the game? I'm loving playing it but it feels like you hit a wall really fast in terms of buying new cards and stuff. I've bought two $1 packs and the gold and chests from those have given me some cool cards. Otherwise it seems like it takes forever to save up enough gold to buy cards from the shop, and the chests you get from matches sort of suck.

The amount of gold you get from winning a match in particular seems really stingy.

It's open now, mention GAF in your request.

Clans let you request and donate cards to earn a little bit of XP and gold. You won't get rich quick, but it helps.

It's open now, mention GAF in your request.

Clans let you request and donate cards to earn a little bit of XP and gold. You won't get rich quick, but it helps.

Just sent a request!

Edit: I'm in! Are the daily crowns we need for this communal chest just the ten I need to unlock my personal chest each day?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm around 4 to 4.2k and i just play to fill chest slots. If i lose no biggie honestly and playing vs good competition steps up your game. Why would i spend more money there? If i get outlvld i would get beaten down to my skill and card lvl anyway. No real benefit in dropping, games are fast so it doesn't really matter if i play 4 or 8 games to fill my chest slots.

Not sure I can agree that higher cups = better competition, as I think card strength can play a big role. If you have a level 12 RG, you are going to win a lot even if you aren't very good. I don't think that people at 3200 are necessarily worse players than someone at 4200. Chances are, they just have worse cards. That's why I like playing in challenges - normalizes thing and skill is the deciding factor. I also see a wider variety of decks than I did back when I pushed cups hard.

As for the cost, I just mean that you have to spend money in order to keep your cards at a high enough level to compete at the top end bracket. For example, to level a level 8 rare or level 10 common, it's 20,000 gold, which is 1000 gems or $10 (or a lot of donations). 1000 gems would get me 100 entries into the 10 gem tournaments, which gives me at least 10 matches for 10 gems. It was just cheaper for me to go that route than to try to keep up with the jonses.

I haven't played a single game of ranked in months. There was just no need to since there was no point in leveling up my cards beyond tournament standard. That said, I will start again to help out the clan, and I'm kinda glad I have a reason to again.

Agent

Just sent a request!

Edit: I'm in! Are the daily crowns we need for this communal chest just the ten I need to unlock my personal chest each day?

Yes, the crowns you get everyday toward your daily Crown Chest will go toward the Clan chest when it is released.

I'd like to join the GAF clan too. Need to get in on those high tier chests.

What trophy level are you so we can lower the requirement (there is no minimum to join, we just keep it high to avoid a million requests to join)? Just let us know when you're ready so we can do it.

Agent

Also, new, and final, Sneek Peek was released a bit ago. It is a new challenge mode called Crown Duel coming on December 16. It actually looks like fun. Basically you and your opponent will alternate choosing between 2 cards to "draft" your deck. You'll be able to do it with your clanmates in a Friendly Battle starting on December 15.

See the Orange Juice video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ADMfMZkKw

Overall, this update looks pretty good.

Overall Summary of update coming 12/15:

Balance Changes: https://clashroyale.com/blog/release-notes/balance-changes-coming-12-15

Sneak Peek Summary:

SNEAK PEEK #1 - New Arena!
Jungle Arena: Unlocks at 2600 Trophies (coming on Jan 13)
Bonus info: There's a fresh new look coming to the inbox (called: "News Royale")
Orange Juice Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqjEHqpoZYQ

SNEAK PEEK #2 - Four New Cards! (Dart Goblin, Goblin Gang, Battle Ram, Executioner)
Dart Goblin: Available on Jan 13
Every two weeks: One new card will be released
Orange Juice Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3iK17AP4c

SNEAK PEEK #3 - More Epicness!
Epic Sunday: Request and donate Epic Cards every Sunday
Shop Epics: Half price! Starting at 1,000 Gold (from 2,000 Gold)
Epic Chests: Give more cards and scale with your current Arena
Orange Juice Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmB304BmaWo

SNEAK PEEK #4 - New Clan Chest!
Event starts on Dec 19 and lasts one week
Collect Crowns with your Clan to unlock the Clan Chest
Orange Juice Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQ6CJsk9A0

SNEAK PEEK #5 - New Special Event Challenge!
Crown Duel Challenge: Build a deck by picking 4 cards and receiving 4 from your opponent
Available to play in Friendly Battles on Dec 15
Coming to Challenges on Dec 16
Orange Juice Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ADMfMZkKw

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Yes, the crowns you get everyday toward your daily Crown Chest will go toward the Clan chest when it is released.

I wonder whether it is capped at only 10 per person per day?

The Orange Juice video on the clan chests has a line in there which implies a clan could grind a level 10 clan chest in a day. That would make things a lot easier, and give more (indirect) reward for people playing beyond their crown chest.

Sande

What trophy level are you so we can lower the requirement (there is no minimum to join, we just keep it high to avoid a million requests to join)? Just let us know when you're ready so we can do it.
About 2200. I'm ready whenever.

Mistouze

That crown challenge looks like the draft mode the game needed soooo bad. And it's great you can train for it in friendly battles.

Alur

Just gotta search for that clan tag and apply ChrisSTARR. And say you are from GAF cause we are getting spammed by the minute with requests.

Kioshen

Sorry Spyder didn't know. Try again and mention you are from gaf.

Edit: I sent you an invite directly so you can hop that way.

Top Bottom