• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Kioshen

I've given up on pushing trophies and I've been having a lot more fun with the game. I made it above 4000 trophies, but every single match was a struggle and I wasn't enjoying it at all.

Now I've purposefully dropped to around 3500 trophies and It's much more enjoyable. I win about 90% of the games I play and get 3 crowns half the time. It's much easier to win chests and get the daily crown chest and until supercell implements a reward for legendary trophies there's no reason to be above 4000.

Farming people like me I see. I naturally keep a constant win ratio that leaves me around 3500. I need to change something in my play style or deck i dunno because my progress has stalled for a while now.

spyder_ur

Can't you just throw a bunch of ladder matches and let people 3 crown you?

Would only take about 20 minutes to drop from 4000 to 3200 that way.

I have a feeling it would take longer than that. I dunno - when I get in the game I wanna compete I guess, so I doubt I'd have the patience.

hollomat

Banned
Can't you just throw a bunch of ladder matches and let people 3 crown you?

Would only take about 20 minutes to drop from 4000 to 3200 that way.

Takes about that time but you don't need to be in the game. When I want to drop I click battle, have it connect to a match then minimize. I wait 3 mins then do it again.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Takes about that time but you don't need to be in the game. When I want to drop I click battle, have it connect to a match then minimize. I wait 3 mins then do it again.

You need to be careful you don't drop out too fast, otherwise the match won't dock from your trophy count (there is a little grace period there for connectivity issues).

Also, you can finish matches in less than 3 mins if you demonstrate you aren't going to fight back, like casting spells on your own towers. A player going all in on a push should finish you in 60s or so.

hollomat

Banned
You need to be careful you don't drop out too fast, otherwise the match won't dock from your trophy count (there is a little grace period there for connectivity issues).

Also, you can finish matches in less than 3 mins if you demonstrate you aren't going to fight back, like casting spells on your own towers. A player going all in on a push should finish you in 60s or so.

You'd be surprised. People assume you're trying to fuck with them and rightfully so. I've had games where the opponent drops out and I'll go all in on their towers. They come back 10 secs later and I have no defense for their hog freeze or other attack.

The downside to this though is im much worse at the game than I was a few months ago. You need less strategy when you outlevek your opponents.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
You'd be surprised. People assume you're trying to fuck with them and rightfully so. I've had games where the opponent drops out and I'll go all in on their towers. They come back 10 secs later and I have no defense for their hog freeze or other attack.

Demonstrating you are wasting your elixir was kind of my point, but I can appreciate you'd be arousing a lot of suspicion especially when you sink down to where you were fighting people a couple of tower and card levels below you.

In any case, if spyder wanted to drop trophies but didn't want to put the "work" in to do it, then probably the least taxing way to do it is to be mostly occupied with something else, then every 5 mins or so start a new match then put the phone down. Actual time spent would be just a couple of minutes.

Doesn't seem worth it though to save a couple of extra matches a day it might take to earn out your crown chest and fill up your chest slots at a more competitive level.

Ninja Dom

New Clone Video out. (Orange Juice).

I think it's awesome, almost too much. It could even be overpowered.

A "Cloned" Lava Hound is madness. The cloned Lava Hounds still spawns pups.

Cloned units have 1HP but provide almost full damage.

Future

New Clone Video out. (Orange Juice).

I think it's awesome, almost too much. It could even be overpowered.

A "Cloned" Lava Hound is madness. The cloned Lava Hounds still spawns pups.

Cloned units have 1HP but provide almost full damage.

If you don't have zap, then you have log. For 2 elixir the clones disappear for a positive elixir trade.

Split lane dual princesses sounds like fun since they are almost one hit kills anyway, but I'm curious how this will do when they go down to spells so easily

Dazzler

If you don't have zap, then you have log. For 2 elixir the clones disappear for a positive elixir trade.

Split lane dual princesses sounds like fun since they are almost one hit kills anyway, but I'm curious how this will do when they go down to spells so easily

It would demand an instant answer anyway. Would be infuriating to play against

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think Log > zap these days. LOVE the log.

Clone should allow for some fun strategies.

cuilan

Begun, the Clone War has...

A few days ago, I open what I think will just be another silver chest like usual. However, not only did this one include an epic (Tornado), it also gave me a Lava Hound! That makes it my 3rd unique legendary up to now. Seems my bad luck is finally turning around for reals. Still not going to give Supercell any more money though!

DrkSage

I kept saying it and I'll still say it. Hog rider needs a workaround. The amount of decks that have it is just too much. It's stats are ok but it's his elixir cost that's way to valuable. Turning it up to 5 should balance out all those cheap decks.

Valkyrie is ok it doesn't need nerf
Musketeer is also ok doesn't need nerf
Ice golem is also ok.

It's the damn cost of the hog rider that makes it annoying.

It's so cheap that the god damned deck can keep throwing the same 3 cards in less than a minute

hollomat

Banned
Could I get an invite to the GAF clan? It looks closed.

Name is Pastry.

Thanks!!

You can't invite people, but I'll open up the clan. Search for us and send a request. In your request make sure you say you're form Neogaf (when we open it up we get about 30 random requests per hour).

Clan code is GAF (#QYYQCQ)

Ninja Dom

New Balance change incoming:

Major buff to Balloon - Death Damage +105%, Death Damage explosion radius +50%
Buffs to Elite Barbarians, Tornado and Giant Skeleton.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

I expect clone balloon decks in abundance.

After checking the full list, no buffs for anything in my deck :(

Pastry

Banned
You can't invite people, but I'll open up the clan. Search for us and send a request. In your request make sure you say you're form Neogaf (when we open it up we get about 30 random requests per hour).

Clan code is GAF (#QYYQCQ)

When I click on the clan it just says closed. There is no place to send a request. I have 1500 trophies so that's not the issue.

commish

Interesting changes. I'm most curious about the inferno dragon and EBs, two cards I want to be good. Retargetting being reduced by 0.4 seems like a huge change in theory, but I guess we'll see how it is. Jury still out on EB. I always run a lot of anti-air, so not too worried about balloon.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Jungle Arena

Becomes a Level 9 Arena in between Frozen Peak and Legendary.

2600 to 2999 trophies.
It looks pretty cool! Also they posted pics for next 4 cards, the first one, Dart Goblin, will be available on 13th of January
CzjsctKWEAArJCU.jpg:medium

hollomat

Banned
When I click on the clan it just says closed. There is no place to send a request. I have 1500 trophies so that's not the issue.

We had it open for 24 hours but I closed it back up cause we were getting so many spam requests. Let me know when you're on and I will re open it.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The game is progressing so much. I remember back in March when Miner, Furnace and Fire Spirits were first introduced.

I do enjoy the new troop types keeping the game fresh, though I have concerns that the game also has opportunity to become increasingly unbalanced over time given it becomes harder to anticipate and correct for over powered combinations of troops as new ones are introduced.

commish

I do enjoy the new troop types keeping the game fresh, though I have concerns that the game also has opportunity to become increasingly unbalanced over time given it becomes harder to anticipate and correct for over powered combinations of troops as new ones are introduced.

I fear this is inevitable. I have to say, though, that they've done a pretty good job so far. The meta is more varied now that it was a few months ago. There was a period of time when you almost had to use a tank, which is my most hated way of playing.

Yeah I don't mind new cards because they're doing a really good job with balancing. I can't even think of a card right now that feels really OP or UP. 1 elix Skeleton card is UP but that's it.

commish

Yeah I don't mind new cards because they're doing a really good job with balancing. I can't even think of a card right now that feels really OP or UP. 1 elix Skeleton card is UP but that's it.

Rage is still useless imo. And I think MM is still a bit too strong compared to its counters. Minor issues with them though.

Ushay

Thanks god, hopefully it justifies their high cost.

Also anyone know what the new units are?

Dazzler

thinking of doing the same as hollomat and dropping 500 trophies. The grind above 4000 is outrageous and not fun

Oh, you're playing a level 13 Royal Giant, awesome

SickLameAdouri-size_restricted.gif

commish

thinking of doing the same as hollomat and dropping 500 trophies. The grind above 4000 is outrageous and not fun

I honestly don't understand why people try to reach such high levels. It's a lot easier and cheaper to just stay in the low 3000s. Playing ranked is kinda circular... you play ranked to get chests, to get more units, so you can play at high levels in ranked, to get more wins, to get more units, etc. If you just stop your progress at tournament levels, you can have more fun, and spend less money, playing in challenges. It's really easy to reach tournament levels for any card simply by requesting the card in your clan.

That said, I wish they would give people a bigger incentive to reach higher ranked levels. If there were cards only available at 4000 cups, I would actually have a reason to rank up that much.

hollomat

Banned

It makes it so much easier and more fun. I win 90% of my games and 3 crown 50%. Makes it much easier to get a quick chest at work.

Dazzler

I'm just playing to keep my chests filled these days, not even trying to push. Just a chore to fill the crown chest each day, and above 4,000 is where I tend to level out

hollomat

Banned
I'm just playing to keep my chests filled these days, not even trying to push. Just a chore to fill the crown chest each day, and above 4,000 is where I tend to level out

Agreed, that was why I dropped. Now just by keeping my chests filled I usually also fill up my crown chest. If I'm unlucky I might need one or two more games.

yatesl

Executioner is very exciting, but it's just another card for someone to put behind their RG to kill barbs, or behind giant to kill 3 muskies :(

Agent

Epic Card News:

-Epic cards in the shop will only be 1,000 to start and increase by 1,000 for each one.
-Epic chests will contain more cards and will scale by arena you're in
-Every Sunday you will be able to request Epics from your clan (finally). If you're in Legendary arena you can request 4 epics. Donating an epic gives 500 gold and 10 experience. You can only request 1 epic card per Sunday

Overall, a step in the right direction.

Orange Juice recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmB304BmaWo

I just started playing this, I'm really liking it. Is there space in any of the clans mentioned in the OP? I sent a request to NeoGAF that mentioned my username here but haven't been accepted.

Edit: Sorry, I'll apply to the one mentioned above. Should have checked but assumed there wouldn't be many people looking for clans in the newer pages of the thread.

Double edit: I searched for that clan but there's no option to send a request. What do I have to do?

Epic Card News:

-Epic cards in the shop will only be 1,000 to start and increase by 1,000 for each one.
-Epic chests will contain more cards and will scale by arena you're in
-Every Sunday you will be able to request Epics from your clan (finally). If you're in Legendary arena you can request 4 epics. Donating an epic gives 500 gold and 10 experience. You can only request 1 epic card per Sunday

Overall, a step in the right direction.

Orange Juice recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmB304BmaWo

holy crap that's huge

edit-also the epic chests have much better valuenow

Agent

I just started playing this, I'm really liking it. Is there space in any of the clans mentioned in the OP? I sent a request to NeoGAF that mentioned my username here but haven't been accepted.

Edit: Sorry, I'll apply to the one mentioned above. Should have checked but assumed there wouldn't be many people looking for clans in the newer pages of the thread.

Double edit: I searched for that clan but there's no option to send a request. What do I have to do?

Try now, the trophy limit was likely too high for you to join. I lowered the requirement. Just mention you're from GAF in the request.

commish

Requesting epics. Finally. Hopefully ppl will donate them. Not sure which to request. I don't want to ask for what everyone else also wants bc no one will donate. Maybe I'll start with Prince.

Top Bottom