• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Looking to join a neogaf clan if anyone has room. My name is Collin on clash. Don't know if you need my # either but just let me know if so. Just started playing the game the other night. At 975 or so trophy wise. Really enjoying it. Especially loving the new friendly crown challenge cause it lets me try out cards I wouldn't otherwise have right now

Have never really played the card games much. Some hearthstone but that's it. In the beginning I tended to just mash cards down but now I'm learning some strategy this thread has been good. Just started trying out a hut build with goblin, skeleton and barbarian huts. Not fairing well so far lol. Any ideas on what would be good supporting cards for those huts?

hollomat

Banned
Looking to join a neogaf clan if anyone has room. My name is Collin on clash. Don't know if you need my # either but just let me know if so. Just started playing the game the other night. At 975 or so trophy wise. Really enjoying it. Especially loving the new friendly crown challenge cause it lets me try out cards I wouldn't otherwise have right now

Have never really played the card games much. Some hearthstone but that's it. In the beginning I tended to just mash cards down but now I'm learning some strategy this thread has been good. Just started trying out a hut build with goblin, skeleton and barbarian huts. Not fairing well so far lol. Any ideas on what would be good supporting cards for those huts?

Join GAF (#QYYQCQ). Just opened up the clan for you. In your request message say you're from Neogaf.

I closed the clan again cause we got so much request spam. Post a message here when you're ready to join and I'll invite you again.

cuilan

My current deck is just wrecking people, so much so that I finally reached legendary arena about a week ago because of it. The deck I'm using:

Knight 9
Bomber 9
Tombstone 7
Log 1
Mega Minion 6
Hog Rider 7
Zap 9
Fire Spirits 9

Very close to getting my Mega Minion up to level 7.

Dazzler

My clash app seems to be stuck in an update loop. App needs to update but when I go to the App Store there's only an option to "open" the app and not an option to "update"

Anyone got any idea what's going on? I'm not in my usual country so could that be causing it?

My clash app seems to be stuck in an update loop. App needs to update but when I go to the App Store there's only an option to "open" the app and not an option to "update"

Anyone got any idea what's going on? I'm not in my usual country so could that be causing it?

It might be that actually? I dunno how google handles each country in terms of app differentiation.

Join GAF (#QYYQCQ). Just opened up the clan for you. In your request message say you're from Neogaf.

I closed the clan again cause we got so much request spam. Post a message here when you're ready to join and I'll invite you again.

Sorry I got back to you so late I've been working a ton of cray doubles at my work. I'll be up for the next 3-4 hours then tomorrow between 11am-4pm central us time I'll keep checking in here, Or conversely you can just PM me on here and let me know a time that's good for you. Thanks in advance!

Agent

If you haven't had a chance to yet, definitely try Elite Barbarians. They are insane right now with their buffs. They pretty much tear up anything in their path. I would even say they may be a bit over buffed.

I've been rolling with this deck for the last 20 games. I've only lost twice and had 1 draw.

Ice Golem
Log
Archers
Mega Minion
Tombstone
Fireball
Hog Rider
Elite Barbarians
Average Elixir: 3.4

You can alternate between Hog/Elite Barbarians as your win condition. Since Elite Barbarians are new, and they weren't used much to date, you can really catch your opponent off guard with them. I'm sure it won't be quite as effective over the coming days as people pick up on the importance of taking Elite Barbarians out quick.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Glad to see EBs are now usable. I've been requesting them for a while, figuring they'd get a buff eventually.

Crown Duel Challenge = my favorite mode.

UFO

Banned
I swapped my mini-pekka for elite barbs after the update and finally managed to reach legendary arena. They're really good for defending against hogs and giants, then transitioning to tower attackers with a little air support. They can make it to the towers much more reliably then regular barbs. Duel- threat!

cuilan

If you haven't had a chance to yet, definitely try Elite Barbarians. They are insane right now with their buffs. They pretty much tear up anything in their path. I would even say they may be a bit over buffed.

I've been rolling with this deck for the last 20 games. I've only lost twice and had 1 draw.

Ice Golem
Log
Archers
Mega Minion
Tombstone
Fireball
Hog Rider
Elite Barbarians
Average Elixir: 3.4

You can alternate between Hog/Elite Barbarians as your win condition. Since Elite Barbarians are new, and they weren't used much to date, you can really catch your opponent off guard with them. I'm sure it won't be quite as effective over the coming days as people pick up on the importance of taking Elite Barbarians out quick.

I decided to combine your deck with my current one, and I'm doing even better than I was before. I have no trouble staying in legendary arena now. My variant replaces archers/ice golem/fireball with fire spirits/knight/zap. Thanks for the tips!

Matush

New challenge is fun, haven't played CR much lately, but this mode brought me back, easily the best way to spend your 5 gems.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Clan Chests are here and you can grind the crowns beyond your daily 10, so reaching the top tier should be possible fairly easily for an active clan.

cuilan

Clan Chests are here and you can grind the crowns beyond your daily 10, so reaching the top tier should be possible fairly easily for an active clan.

Yup, those of us in GAF Royale will easily max ours well before the deadline at the rate we're going. We're already at 1/10 +15.

Loved crown duel. It's kinda like blind deck except that you have some control over it.

Any word how many crowns it takes to max the clan chest? Lv2 needs 200 for the next one.

hollomat

Banned
Gives me another reason to keep playing. Currently have earned my clan 60 crowns so far.

I thought each person can only earn a max of 10 crowns a day towards the chest? At the top for me it says 0/10 since I haven't earned any so far today (I'll play later when I have open chest slots). Looks like this was our crown chest lvl.

Edit: Nope this isn't the case at all. You can earn as many crowns as you want per day. Getting to lvl 10 chest will be very easy.

commish

New challenge is fun, haven't played CR much lately, but this mode brought me back, easily the best way to spend your 5 gems.

I wish it was a permanent mode. It took me a while to understand what units work best before I was able to get some 12 win attempts. Shit like balloon and ID are top notice because not everyone has anti-air, I've found.

japtor

Going for the king tower I managed to get a push going with lava hound, baby dragon, lumberjack, and balloon (and ice wizard trailing back even). The other guy had a sparky wizard hog rider push going on the other side, and put minions down for defense but I had arrows already launched.

Then I cloned them all. It was just like "clone noise, boom boom", game over.

Ecto311

I am loving fireball wizard and tornado. Wizard first then huge ball of enemies in tornado and it all disappears for 8 elixir.

Yushi

Just started Tuesday cuz work as been slow before the holidays. Request an invite on the NeoGAF clan.

Been doing good, maybe lost 3-4 times, im up to the 1k range atm. My tower's were level 3 while i find most people to be level 5. But I enjoy it, i seem to beat people with my deck at the moment

C4Lukins

So why was I kicked? I thought I was a positive contributor to the clan. I feel bad and small.

I have like 20 characters I am developing, and the other 40 or so I donate without question. WTF.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like the internet broke. All is cool now.

commish

So why was I kicked? I thought I was a positive contributor to the clan. I feel bad and small.

I have like 20 characters I am developing, and the other 40 or so I donate without question. WTF.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like the internet broke. All is cool now.

No one from gaf is going to kick you :)

EW challenge is tough. I tried to just shoehorn him into my normal deck but it's not working. Need to figure out how to best use him. I will get my 12 wins!

japtor

No one from gaf is going to kick you :)

EW challenge is tough. I tried to just shoehorn him into my normal deck but it's not working. Need to figure out how to best use him. I will get my 12 wins!
Same here, I got a few quick wins in a row then lost the 3 in a row. I feel like to take advantage of the landing zap you're pretty much putting him in a suicidal position since it can only take out so much, and the damage is kinda slow/low unless there's only one enemy in his range. Works against the building seeking enemies I guess, but maybe it'd be better at 3 elixir?

Alur

Thanks to Red Ransel and his (last I checked) 450+ crowns, we unlocked our clan chest in GAF Royale earlier. Nothing too great in mine, but it is a good amount of cards.

totowhoa

Banned
I mostly lurk this thread but gotta gloat for a second.

WOO 12 wins on my first attempt on the EW challenge! Stoked!!

I copied Pong TV's deck that he used since I'm also a hog player. It was hog, ice golem, log, lightning, skeletons, mini pekka, princess, and electro.

Went 12-2. That was an incredibly intense series of 14 battles given the free legendary stakes.

And the best part: my chest dropped TWO fuckin legendary cards for me. Electro and inferno dragon (new for me even if it's bad). Whew! I'm off to get a 6 pack now because this shit was stressful lol

hollomat

Banned
Thanks to Red Ransel and his (last I checked) 450+ trophies, we unlocked our clan chest in GAF Royale earlier. Nothing too great in mine, but it is a good amount of cards.

I'd recommend waiting until electro wizard is out to open it. When he's released, the odds of getting a legendary go up slightly (from around 13% to 15%). Plus there's a chance to get him from the chest.

I mostly lurk this thread but gotta gloat for a second.

WOO 12 wins on my first attempt on the EW challenge! Stoked!!

I copied Pong TV's deck that he used since I'm also a hog player. It was hog, ice golem, log, lightning, skeletons, mini pekka, princess, and electro.

Went 12-2. That was an incredibly intense series of 14 battles given the free legendary stakes.

And the best part: my chest dropped TWO fuckin legendary cards for me. Electro and inferno dragon (new for me even if it's bad). Whew! I'm off to get a 6 pack now because this shit was stressful lol

Congrats! I only managed to go 7-2 and was on edge the entire time. I bet that 11-2 match was pretty tense for you.

cuilan

Thanks to Red Ransel and his (last I checked) 450+ trophies, we unlocked our clan chest in GAF Royale earlier. Nothing too great in mine, but it is a good amount of cards.

You're welcome! ;)

I got 2 Lightenings, 3 Tornadoes, and a whole lot of arrows from mine. That plus the 3,000+ gold and the other random cards made it a decent haul for me.

And now, onto the Electro Wizard challenge.

Kioshen

I'd recommend waiting until electro wizard is out to open it. When he's released, the odds of getting a legendary go up slightly (from around 13% to 15%). Plus there's a chance to get him from the chest.

That's what I plan to do. I'm pretty sure I'm not good enough to go past 8-9 wins so I'll rely on my legendary luck to get it via the clan chest instead. If not I have 40k set aside to unlock it at the very least.

totowhoa

Banned
Congrats! I only managed to go 7-2 and was on edge the entire time. I bet that 11-2 match was pretty tense for you.

This whole challenge was incredibly tense after I reached the halfway point lol. But yeah man, that last game was something else. Gonna give it a go again.

This whole challenge was incredibly tense after I reached the halfway point lol. But yeah man, that last game was something else. Gonna give it a go again.

Totally humble brag that I just got my second using the same deck above.

The legendary rate of these chests seem higher from everything I've been seeing on streams and playing myself. In the last 7 electro challenges I've gotten 4 legendaries not including the 2 guaranteed at 12 wins. This was from 7-8-9-12-8-8-12 wins

totowhoa

Banned
Totally humble brag that I just got my second using the same deck above.

The legendary rate of these chests seem higher from everything I've been seeing on streams and playing myself. In the last 7 electro challenges I've gotten 4 legendaries not including the 2 guaranteed at 12 wins. This was from 7-8-9-12-8-8-12 wins

That's awesome man. I'm getting my hopes up now. Had a few drinks tonight so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to power through a few more of these.

My last few battles were graveyard users. Watched Ash stream on YouTube and he got a couple 12 wins with that too. I might tinker with an EB-GY-Bowler deck tomorrow

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I am currently of the opinion Elite Barbarians are over powered after the buff.

If they are going to be that fast and do that much damage with no hard counter (Sparky?) I think they should have slightly less health, even at their current elixir cost.

If they are going to be that fast and do that much damage with no hard counter (Sparky?) I think they should have slightly less health, even at their current elixir cost.

skele army is a big enough counter to stop them

but a zap/log washes that away.

totowhoa

Banned

Yep way too much health. At least let lightning + IG finish them :( hog + lightning + IG and I still have to deal with a counterpush if they drop something tanky in front lol

So dumb. If they were slower I'd be running rocket right now.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Just hit 500 crowns for our clan chest. My hands hurt, and the relentless hog/elite barbs/ice golem decks are infuriating me. Time to stop.

I shot up above 4000 trophies today.
Never managed to before but ever since everyone is using elite barbs and ice golem now its going better for me. My deck seems to be a pretty good counter.

TheJoRu

Just started this a week ago, been playing it relentlessly. So. much. fun. Just got to Arena 5, so making some progress. Would love to join the GAF-clan if there's any room for me!

Sushen

I don't find EB to be tough to deal with as they are pretty easy to distract and each one has a lower health than mini pekka. Skarmy (3) easily killed them, too.

Instead, I've tried to use it and it felt pretty heavy with 6 elixir cost. I'm not quite convinced that it's an op card yet.

Acerac

Banned
Started a couple days ago and am at arena 4. Seems like a fun game thusfar, anything special I should be doing while advancing? I'm assuming if I dislike cards I shouldn't bother to level them unless it's cheap and/or I NEED the xp.

Why isn't this thread in community?

Started a couple days ago and am at arena 4. Seems like a fun game thusfar, anything special I should be doing while advancing? I'm assuming if I dislike cards I shouldn't bother to level them unless it's cheap and/or I NEED the xp.

Why isn't this thread in community?

Nothing special to do, really. Keep doing what you do, and yeah don't level cards until you need exp or something to spend gold on.

Shh. It's a dark thread.

Clunker

I reinstalled after a long time away yesterday - playing casually and trying not to let this grip me as hard as it did the first go-around, but I'd love a clan invite when available! I found several GAF clans but unsure which one is active/prone to more casual pacing. I think my ID is 2VV9P8P00

Playing with notifications off is much more amenable to not letting this take over all of my free time!

Top Bottom