• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's true guys. We're currently in the least enjoyable time to play the game in the one year that it has been released. All due to Elite Barbarians.

I wouldn't say it's the least enjoyable time to play. The golden age of the X-bow was the most annoying. But I do hate the EB, and I make sure my taunt limit is reached anytime someone uses them against me. But seriously - bowler in front of your tower completely negates them. Even better if they put a stupid ice golem in front of it as it is just more wasted elixir. Bowlers are also good defense against furnaces, which are super popular. Just don't use it to soak up a furnace and leave the other side wide open for EB.

I expect EBs to get a DPS nerf rather than a speed nerf. You make them slower, and then they are not much different than normal barbs. I'd also be all for them releasing a better counter to EB rather than nerfing the card.

Zafir

Is there any space in any GAF guilds for a newish player?

I tried requesting to join one of the GAF guilds, mentioning by username, but it got rejected.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I expect EBs to get a DPS nerf rather than a speed nerf. You make them slower, and then they are not much different than normal barbs. I'd also be all for them releasing a better counter to EB rather than nerfing the card.

I'd like to see small health and attack speed nerfs.

Kioshen

I tried requesting to join one of the GAF guilds, mentioning by username, but it got rejected.

GAF Royale is full currently but GAF (#QYYQCQ) seem to have a spot free. They are closed right now so I don't know if they are accepting new members but they usually do.

What's your trophy range?

When you respond to this, I'll immediately ask the guild to lower the trophy requirement and post here(That way we can kinda coordinate on inviting you), because otherwise the spam becomes unbearable lol

Zafir

What's your trophy range?

When you respond to this, I'll immediately ask the guild to lower the trophy requirement and post here(That way we can kinda coordinate on inviting you), because otherwise the spam becomes unbearable lol

It's just under 1000, 950ish I think.

Ah okay.

So you just donate cards to people when they request something?

Yeah

Basically you can request something and other people can request something, and when you donate you get gold+Experience(5 for common, 50 for rare, 500 for epic, experience wise it's 5 for common, 10 for rare(?) and 50 for epic) so it's a good way of making gold as well.

Everyone wins!

nampad

Any GAF clan has a spot to spare? Lvl 8 here tired of getting lvl 2-3 clan Chest only -_-

Edit: currently sitting at 2.2k trophies.

Just got this game, it's fun af, which neogaf clan can I join there's like 10 of em.

Working my way thru this bread sorry if it's already been answered

I just started the game and I am enjoying it so far. Are there any GAF clans I can get onto?

So for some reason Dan from Giant Bomb made me feel compelled to start playing again for the first time since like March, and now I'm at Arena 5 for the first time ever. God dammit, it's drawn me back in.

Username is HemiRobo, what GAF clan should I join?

Edit - Now I'm at Arena 6, don't know how that happened.

Is there a GAF clan I'm able to join if I'm sitting at 1991 trophies? Just getting back into the game after a long hiatus, not the best player right now but have found my love for the game again and looking to improve!

The GAF clan (#QYYQCQ, search with hashtag) has an open spot if anyone of you is still looking. Please post here in advance when you will be able to join, we will lower the trophy requirements beforehand and open up the clan.

The clan is usually closed because we get spammed by join requests. If you join tomorrow, you will be eligible for the new clan chest.

edit: Clan is full again.

Chumly

The GAF clan (#QYYQCQ, search with hashtag) has an open spot if anyone of you is still looking. Please post here in advance when you will be able to join, we will lower the trophy requirements beforehand and open up the clan.

The clan is usually closed because we get spammed by join requests. If you join tomorrow, you will be eligible for the new clan chest.

edit: Clan is full again.
noooooo

Dipship31

Could I get an invite? I'm just part of a random clan, but I'd rather be somewhere with at least a few ties. I'm at 1783 trophies currently so I should be fine right? I'm also active in donating / requesting. My user name is same as it is on here: Dipship31

Could I get an invite? I'm just part of a random clan, but I'd rather be somewhere with at least a few ties. I'm at 1783 trophies currently so I should be fine right? I'm also active in donating / requesting. My user name is same as it is on here: Dipship31

I dont have inv privileges but send a message to the clan and say you're from here.

NeoGaf is the clan
Clan tag: 8GUV99C

Pikma

Banned
So, should you keep playing if you're full on chests?
It doesn't affect you in any kind of way since the order in which you get your chests is not random, it's a predetermined cycle and that cycle is paused until you have room for more chests

So yes you can play even if you're full on chests

Dipship31

Social tab then on top search for clan. Type in NeoGaf with the N and G capitalized. Just say your from gaf.

I'm able to locate the clan just fine, but I'm not seeing any options where I can message anyone from the clan or to message the entire clan itself

yzPuZ4v.png

I'm able to locate the clan just fine, but I'm not seeing any options where I can message anyone from the clan or to message the entire clan itself

yzPuZ4v.png

Not sure what's going on I'm new too lol but I'll send the leaders a message to inv you. I got your name Dipship31

Edit k I left them a message

commish

I wonder if SC is ever going to nerf EBs. They've been clearly overpowered for so long. I'd bet 100 bucks that if you had level 11+ barbs, and all you did was repeatedly dropped ice golem + EBs you'd cruise to well above 4k.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I wonder if SC is ever going to nerf EBs. They've been clearly overpowered for so long. I'd bet 100 bucks that if you had level 11+ barbs, and all you did was repeatedly dropped ice golem + EBs you'd cruise to well above 4k.

There hasn't been any balancing effort since they buffed them. I'd say it's almost certain they do something in the next pass.

Yeah in the friends list there'll be game center and Facebook friends if you connected that. Tap on someone and you can challenge them, they might have to be online too, I forget.

Oh ok so there's like no search option to find people? It has to be thru Fb or Game Center?

Also, isn't matchmaking kinda trash? I'm fighting a lot of dudes 2 levels higher than me, same amount of trophies but they there highest trophy rank is 500 higher than where's they are? Like they drop trophies on purpose?

I dunno it's kinda frustrating lol.

Kioshen

Oh ok so there's like no search option to find people? It has to be thru Fb or Game Center?

Also, isn't matchmaking kinda trash? I'm fighting a lot of dudes 2 levels higher than me, same amount of trophies but they there highest trophy rank is 500 higher than where's they are? Like they drop trophies on purpose?

I dunno it's kinda frustrating lol.

It's the start of a new season and the new clan chest cycle too. Unsavory people drop on purpose to farm 3 crowns for it. After tomorrow, things should get back to normal until next Monday I suppose.

3/4 matches above 4k is against EB, so boring.

It's the start of a new season and the new clan chest cycle too. Unsavory people drop on purpose to farm 3 crowns for it. After tomorrow, things should get back to normal until next Monday I suppose.

Ok yea it's frustrating cause you can't really talk shit and after a level 9 steamrolls me they laugh and say thanks lol.

But man this is a fun and addicting game. Glad I fell into it.

Also, how do you exactly get a legendary chest? Sorry if answered already.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Also, how do you exactly get a legendary chest? Sorry if answered already.

The chests drop in a predetermined order. Eventually you will get a Legendary chest to drop. Additionally, some chests in the order get turned into Giant and Super Magical chests randomly.

A Legendary chest will also appear eventually in the store as an offer purchasable for gems.

Everyone is suddenly playing Furnace for some reason. ~80% of my matches today had a furnace. I think I see more Furnaces then EBs now.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Everyone is suddenly playing Furnace for some reason. ~80% of my matches today had a furnace. I think I see more Furnaces then EBs now.
At what range? Can't say I have the same experience at low 4000's.

ebarbs are EVERYWHERE but I'm still coming up ahead in match-ups against them. Still they're annoying since contrary to Royal Giants and Hog Riders they can do much more than chip at towers.

Ninja Dom

It's been too long now. Christmas is over, everybody is back at work. This EB meta has been going on for almost a month. It's starting to alienate me.
I'm gonna have to give Supercell a deadline to nerf them or I'm out.

Kioshen

We now have a spot open in GAF Royale #Q8C9CY if anybody wants in. We're a pretty active clan and get our max clan chests with ample time to spare. Our trophy limit is high to limit spam but if it's lower than what's you're currently at, please PM Midshipman on GAF to coordinate your inclusion.

Ninja Dom

Need immediate nerfing: Elite Barbarians

Need some nerfing: Ice Golem, Furnace

Need buffs: Poison (useless now, nobody uses it. The speed that everybody plays at has increased due to Elite Barbs, so Poison not having a slow down feature is even more of a waste of time).

I just leveled my EB's to level 11, they can't nerf them! Took me forever to save up that 20k.

But man, do they do some work. Have never tried them with Ice Golem.

I'm around 2600 - 2700 trophies, ftr.

commish

I just leveled my EB's to level 11, they can't nerf them! Took me forever to save up that 20k.

But man, do they do some work. Have never tried them with Ice Golem.

I'm around 2600 - 2700 trophies, ftr.

With level 11 EBs, you can probably go up 1000 points, and I'm not even exaggerating. Most competent players have strategies to deal with them, but they are still hard to deal with and EB users know the common defenses and plan around them.

With level 11 EBs, you can probably go up 1000 points, and I'm not even exaggerating. Most competent players have strategies to deal with them, but they are still hard to deal with and EB users know the common defenses and plan around them.

Ya, I've been playing for ever and feel like I should be higher, I tend to stick to what I like and not follow the meta too much.

I run:
Lvl 10 Zap
Lvl 10 Fire Spirits
Lvl 4 Skeleton Army
Lvl 1 Log
Lvl 9 Arrows
Lvl 1 Princess
Lvl 10 Minion Horde
Lvl 11 Elite Barbarians

I have a lvl 6 Ice Golem with cards to level to 7.

I used to run a level 4 Pekka deck but it eventually evolved into what I have above.

commish

Too many spells - you have log, arrows, zap and fire spirits (which is basically a spell). I would drop 1 or 2 of those and use ice golem and probably some other melee unit (or maybe a hog).

I see everyone complaining about Elite barberians. I usually crush them with ease. Skeleton army, minion horde, rocket and pekka takes care of them easily.

I'm almost at 2500 trophies and the fucking game hasn't given me a legendary card yet!! Why! And no I'm not going to drop money to get one. My friends never did and they got legendary cards.

Kioshen

Ya, I've been playing for ever and feel like I should be higher, I tend to stick to what I like and not follow the meta too much.

I run:
Lvl 10 Zap
Lvl 10 Fire Spirits
Lvl 4 Skeleton Army
Lvl 1 Log
Lvl 9 Arrows
Lvl 1 Princess
Lvl 10 Minion Horde
Lvl 11 Elite Barbarians

I have a lvl 6 Ice Golem with cards to level to 7.

I used to run a level 4 Pekka deck but it eventually evolved into what I have above.

You could try the deck I'm currently using. I usually hover around 3.6-3.9k with it:

Hog rider (8)
Elite barbs (11)
Ice Golem (8)
Minions (11)
Archers (10)
Fireball (8)
Zap (10)
Ice spirit (10)

Top Bottom