• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
Cheers to GAF for getting the tier 10 clan chest with 5 mins to spare. And thanks to everyone who went the extra mile for crowns.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Cheers to GAF for getting the tier 10 clan chest with 5 mins to spare. And thanks to everyone who went the extra mile for crowns.
You guys did it that close to the end? Haha that's awesome, one of the props of having people all around the world in the clan.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Someone wanna give me a deck idea so that I can use my inferno dragon while still using my log. Currently running:

whTKtd2.png

Nopren

The quick and easy answer would be for you to replace Inferno Tower with Inferno Dragon. If you keep just using ID defensively then maybe you'll sometimes get lucky and get it to their tower. But I would probably get rid of your pump and then put another win condition in that slot. Maybe a gob barrel to make the deck a bit chippy, and get some damage past your opponent if he has buildings.

hollomat

Banned
You guys did it that close to the end? Haha that's awesome, one of the props of having people all around the world in the clan.

Yeah it really came down to the wire. Hopefully next week it's not so close. Tough for people to play a bunch though since all 3 days are weekdays.

HoodWinked

Someone wanna give me a deck idea so that I can use my inferno dragon while still using my log. Currently running:

whTKtd2.png

inferno dragon is garbage tier but it typically works better if you stack a bunch of flying units. lava hound, baby dragon, mega minion but then you need arrow or fireball to protect your lava hound

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The quick and easy answer would be for you to replace Inferno Tower with Inferno Dragon. If you keep just using ID defensively then maybe you'll sometimes get lucky and get it to their tower. But I would probably get rid of your pump and then put another win condition in that slot. Maybe a gob barrel to make the deck a bit chippy, and get some damage past your opponent if he has buildings.

inferno dragon is garbage tier but it typically works better if you stack a bunch of flying units. lava hound, baby dragon, mega minion but then you need arrow or fireball to protect your lava hound

I tried him out and yeah I don't like him. Inferno tower is much more effective defense. Also having inf. dragon + gob barrel over inf. tower + collector put me in many more situations where I had bad cards and needed to waste elixer cycling. I didn't like it and went back. Sounds like if I wanna use inferno dragon I'd need to build a whole new deck around him.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

whTKtd2.png

Inferno Dragon wouldn't slot in easily there. It works best on both defense and offense if there is something tanking for it, especially when crossing the river. Your hog will be too fast for it, and the valkyrie isn't tanky enough.

Also, not sure why you have a pump as your deck doesn't really demand it.

If you really wanted to include it in your current deck, drop hog and pump and add in giant and inferno dragon. Also, consider switching out zap for arrows for better protection for your giant and inferno dragon from minions.

Ozone

Anyone do the Ram Challenge? Escaped my free entry with 7 wins and was awarded 2 rams. Then I opened up crown chest and got 8 more. :)

Executioner and electro wiz seem real solid to put in your deck to counter it.

I had a blast...but i was too addicted to this game. So gone is the tablet. Gave it to my ife...she changed the password...and no more clash!

I wasn't watching tv show properly...taking this game into bath etc... i played 1 hour a day...way too much

I reached all my goals...and being F2P, don't have nothing else to do honestly...

reached 4k with 10.5,7,4,2
won 2 wiz Challenge
won a grand challenge
won some tourneys, finished top 10 2 times in Brenchong
won the Ram challenge

It's time for me to move on. Have a blast guys and clash on.

LiQuid!

Inferno Dragon wouldn't slot in easily there. It works best on both defense and offense if there is something tanking for it, especially when crossing the river. Your hog will be too fast for it, and the valkyrie isn't tanky enough.

Also, not sure why you have a pump as your deck doesn't really demand it.

If you really wanted to include it in your current deck, drop hog and pump and add in giant and inferno dragon. Also, consider switching out zap for arrows for better protection for your giant and inferno dragon from minions.

I feel like with the pump in my deck it drastically diminishes getting hosed by a bad starting hand and getting immediately put on the defensive or at an elixer disadvantage while I cycle. I can't think of anything off hand that I could slot in there that the deck needs since it's built around pushing a valk>hog>musket and defending big pushes with tower and low cost stuff. Getting a collector or two down also allows me to cycle super fast for nonstop offense that rolls over more expensive decks, especially in double elixir time. I'm pretty bad at this game too, so I don't really trust myself to make positive elixir exchanges without it.

I'm not really super married to this deck at any rate. I'm pretty sure I just did a google search for log decks when I pulled my first (and 2nd) legendary and that was the most popular hit. I doubt it's even meta anymore. I see a lot more people running elite barbs and mega minions and stuff and I'm constantly getting beat up by those kinds of newer units. I might try something totally different next time a clan chest starts. Try to get witch involved since that's my favorite card.

HoodWinked

zwLeonW.png

this is the deck i'm using for the battle ram challenge works pretty good i'm 6-2 so far. 7/8 cards i don't use so there was alot of improvisation lol.

so electro wizard completely obliterates the battle ram so you should add it to your deck, the executioner is the most OP card in the game currently and tornado is the best card that syngerizes with him.

http://i.imgur.com/zwLeonW.png[MG]

this is the deck i'm using for the battle ram challenge works pretty good i'm 6-2 so far. 7/8 cards i don't use so there was alot of improvisation lol.

so electro wizard completely obliterates the battle ram so you should add it to your deck, the executioner is the most OP card in the game currently and tornado is the best card that syngerizes with him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to this deck I won my first challenge. :)

won 3 in a row with

1. Ram
2. Ewiz
3. Exe
4. Log
5. Hog
6. Dark P

8.army
7. Tomston

Dark P a great counter to bowler-exe-lighning, army etc...

I tryed Giant deck...but i suck at beatdown

cuilan

Another legendary, another dupe. Surprisingly not a Log this time, instead an Inferno Dragon. That brings the total to 11 legendaries, with only 3 of them being unique.

Mistouze

Executionner kinda killed my will to play the game. He's kinda everywhere and shut downs my deck pretty hard after all. Will probably come back in a week but I need a break from Exe/eBarbs right now lol.

Sushen

Executionner kinda killed my will to play the game. He's kinda everywhere and shut downs my deck pretty hard after all. Will probably come back in a week but I need a break from Exe/eBarbs right now lol.
Knight is a hard counter to executioner, and if you add goblins to it, EB is no problem too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Not to be a smartass and state the obvious, but you have to change your deck to fit the meta. As said above, knight is a good counter, as is rocket (you can almost always get value out of a rocket with executioner is played), or lightning/log combo if your opponent groups up multiple units.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Now that the balance changes have settled down, I'm actually seeing a lot of deck variation around 4000 trophies. Back to how it was months ago without a dominant deck.

Certainly not seeing anywhere near the same number of Elite Barbs to the point where they are punishing when surprised by them.

Executioner hasn't been much of a problem for me. Careful placement of troops is a great way to minimizing his impact.

UFO

Banned
Now that the balance changes have settled down, I'm actually seeing a lot of deck variation around 4000 trophies. Back to how it was months ago without a dominant deck.

Certainly not seeing anywhere near the same number of Elite Barbs to the point where they are punishing when surprised by them.

Executioner hasn't been much of a problem for me. Careful placement of troops is a great way to minimizing his impact.

Yep, the elite barb decks have mostly dried up and we're back to hog/giant decks.

HoodWinked

executioner would be more dominant if everyone had it unlocked and you could request to level it. its because its epic that it hasn't become more widespread, its an OP card and almost never trades negatively.

i've unlocked every crown chest since they released him and i have yet to unlock it somehow.

also executioner is especially strong with tornado but that card isn't very popular and difficult to use.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
executioner would be more dominant if everyone had it unlocked and you could request to level it. its because its epic that it hasn't become more widespread, its an OP card and almost never trades negatively.

I'd say if he was considered overpowered, you could hobble it a little by not having the splash damage extend behind his back and nerf his health slightly. Would make him easier to take out but not fundamentally change the way the card is played.

Agent

I'd say if he was considered overpowered, you could hobble it a little by not having the splash damage extend behind his back and nerf his health slightly. Would make him easier to take out but not fundamentally change the way the card is played.

They are actually going to get rid of the damaging of troops behind him in the next client update. Supercell posted this on Reddit a week ago about the pending Executioner changes. They said the next client update won't be until March though.

Here are the Executioner bugs that we will be fixing with the next update (unfortunately we can't fix these bugs with a maintenance break):

Enemy troop attack animation resets when hit by his axe (aka, the "mini stun")
Damaging troops behind him when his axe returns
Throwing his axe out of the Arena (and getting stuck)
One "tick" of damage happens in front of him when his axe is fully extended

Mistouze

Not to be a smartass and state the obvious, but you have to change your deck to fit the meta. As said above, knight is a good counter, as is rocket (you can almost always get value out of a rocket with executioner is played), or lightning/log combo if your opponent groups up multiple units.
No offense taken, you're right I should change decks. But since I've been playing a variation of my deck for sooo long up to the 4100 range it just bums me out to see a new card come out and shut my shit down from one day to another.

I prefer taking a few days off the game instead of raging because of a game.

EDIT : Knight being a good counter against him is useless to me since my problem is Executer used on defense.

Ninja Dom

No offense taken, you're right I should change decks. But since I've been playing a variation of my deck for sooo long up to the 4100 range it just bums me out to see a new card come out and shut my shit down from one day to another.

I prefer taking a few days off the game instead of raging because of a game.

EDIT : Knight being a good counter against him is useless to me since my problem is Executer used on defense.

I'm the same as you really. Been using Royal Giant + Sparky for over 6 months. Ice Wiz + Princess + Lumberjack for support. Zap has been in my deck even longer, so long that it's now maxed at Level 13 for requesting it so much.
In fact the last card I changed out was Poison back in October when they nerfed it. Replaced that with Lightning. And I brought in Skeleton Army when that got boosted.
It's a deck I know perfectly well now (4300 trophies and I'm Level 10). I'm still vulnerable to air decks and almost accept I'll lose to Lava Hound decks.

Matt Frost

Hi! I recently started playing Clash Royale and would like to join a GAF clan if possible. Is there any opening left somewhere for me?

thy_

Hi! I recently started playing Clash Royale and would like to join a GAF clan if possible. Is there any opening left somewhere for me?

Neogaf #Y8CGRR has a spot free.
Make sure you mention your GAF name in the join request, I'm going to open up the clan for the next hour.

Agent

Some Clash news this morning.

First, new balance changes coming 2/13.

Executioner: Damage -6%, Range to 4.5 (from 5), axe hit radius -10%
Executioner's power level is clearly too high for a troop that does it all. However, this is partly due to a few bugs that we're fixing in the next update, so we're taking that into account with these changes. Reducing his damage, range and the amount of stuff his axe can hit at once should rein him in.

Poison: Duration to 8sec (from 10sec), Damage per second +24%
After this change Poison will be more reliable at getting its damage down. It'll deal more damage with each tick, but roughly the same damage over the duration. Skeletons will pop in one tick (instead of two), making it much better against Skeleton Army and Graveyard - and a viable alternative to Fireball again.

Witch: Damage +6%
Her use rate is really low in the later Arenas and high-win Challenges, but it's quite good elsewhere. We're looking to give her a small boost without overpowering her in the early game. This change will allow her to one-shot equally leveled Skeletons.

P.E.K.K.A: Deploy Time to 1sec (from 3sec)
We're aiming to make P.E.K.K.A feel more usable and a bit more nimble to play, without breaking her identity as a big, burly robot.

Dark Prince: Hitpoints +5%
He's been considered a lower tier card for some time, as his stats aren't quite there when compared to other 4 Elixir options. More hitpoints should allow him to charge around the Arena with a bit more success!

Baby Dragon: Range to 3.5 (from 3)
Baby Dragon is a fun and iconic card that doesn't see a lot of play. A bit more range should make it more appealing.

Skeletons: Skeleton Count to 4 (from 3)
Since Ice Spirit joined the Arena, the 1 Elixir slot has become more competitive, so we're bringing back the 4th Skeleton! This change (aka, +25% more calcium) will give Skeletons a lot more value as a distraction tool. Ledoot returns!

Skeleton Army: Skeleton Count to 15 (from 16)
A critical change to maintain the delicate balance of "Skeletal equilibrium" within the Arena.

Next up, there was a developer Q&A on Reddit and there was a few tidbits of information shared. Quick summary:
-Legend trophies are going to be removed after the next update. They are reworking the end game and the trophies do not fit into their plan. They will still appear on profiles for awhile and they said they may reward players for having them.
-Clan chest will be moving to Friday - Monday after the next update.
-New card rarity levels unlikely right now. They admitted to testing Hero cards though and discussing them.
-They are reviewing challenges to adjust them on a wide range of player skill along with reviewing custom tournaments.
-No major clan updates coming, but they are looking at ways to improve clans by sharing decks, etc. They do say there will be a cool new clan feature in the next update along the lines of a clan chest, but with a twist.

Full post is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/5t8b8i/developer_qa_round_vi_answers/

Top Bottom