• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

mfiuza

I just found out I can summon with two fingers and the troops are summoned at the same time.

Been having a blast doing the Sneaky Pekka, where you just summon at the same time the Minion Horde and Mini Pekka and not a single enemy saw the hidden pekka undeaneath all those minions.

It's crazy funny. Sometimes they arrow them not paying attention or during the extra time they think their troops will destroy my tower first before my minions hit theirs... really nice.

Just faced a Level 10 for the first time. (I'm Level 7.) The guy had a Level 6 knight, a Level 5 baby dragon, and a Level 8 hog rider. What?!

He beat me at the wire and spammed laughing kings. :-(

After the update I've climbed from 1600 to about 2500 using this deck:

frgCf92.jpg

I more often than not end up sacrificing a tower in the beginning, but once I get rolling, I can't be stopped.

Basically, i use the small stuff to delay the opponent as best I can. Put down elixers as best I can.

The start of the play is the Barb hut. When that is down, the goal is to get down a goblin hut, and a second barb hut. The moment that second barb hut is down, I drop my giant in the back to start building the momentum. Drop in the Ice wizard behind him, and then use arrows/fireball as needed to keep the momentum going.

Also, to my specific clan mates, if you didn't see in game chat, I'm going on Holiday tomorrow for a week, so don't kick me for my lack of donations, please. :p

ST2K

Messed around with the Lava Hound. Can't figure out a good strategy for him. Paired with the Balloon they can wreck, but that is just way too much elixir to rely on.

Nerokis

Life is good for my friend right now. He wasn't even fully settled into arena 4 yet when he found a lavahound. Now people are wowing him left and right, and sometimes all it takes to win is a lavahound + musketeer combo. No one knows how to deal with it. He went from dropping back into arena 3 sometimes to steamrolling into arena 5.

Seriously, it's such a game changing card for the few people who manage to find it in arena 4. I don't imagine Ice Wizard or maybe even Princess making such a big immediate impact.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can confirm that most people don't know how to handle the lava hound - wish I could upload some games to show you guys. People just don't run a lot of anti-air, and the expected minion horde is easily arrowed/poisoned/etc. This is even at 3500+ cups. It's rare enough that no one is going to plan around it.

I've had the most success with the hound when using it as just a meat shield. Once enemies lock on to it, it will take damage for a long while. Hound + prince has been devastating for me. Drop the hound, enemy drops wizards, ice wizards, musks, etc, i drop prince and/or goblins to take out those units and then the tower.

For those of you going against the lava hound, it's the same as when going up against a golem - constant pressure means your opponent can't really use the hound. 7 elixir is a ton, especially when it's a flying unit and won't distract incoming melee troops.

broz0rs

Every time I play the wizard, I drop cups wtf zzzz.

most important thing about using wizard is to keep behind a safe distance behind tanks. sometimes its worth it to drop late during a push because walk speed can cause it to cluster it with slower units like Giant and Golem.

the other important thing is once you cross the bridge during a big push, you WILL get units dropped on the wizard. have your finger on the trigger when you cross and immediately zap, freeze (kinda expensive but works), or just drop units yourself. I use goblins because they are cheap. if the wizard can survive that drop, your attack will be a success.

ElyrionX

most important thing about using wizard is to keep behind a safe distance behind tanks. sometimes its worth it to drop late during a push because walk speed can cause it to cluster it with slower units like Giant and Golem.

the other important thing is once you cross the bridge during a big push, you WILL get units dropped on the wizard. have your finger on the trigger when you cross and immediately zap, freeze (kinda expensive but works), or just drop units yourself. I use goblins because they are cheap. if the wizard can survive that drop, your attack will be a success.

I'm playing hog freeze though. No tanks lol.

broz0rs

I'm playing hog freeze though. No tanks lol.

It's best played with tanks. However, another good instance is when you start a counter push with barbs (for example you drop barbs on a hog to kill it) a wizard behind them can be very effective as well.

I got a Miner from my crown chest yesterday: seems like he's a teleport version of the knight, with reduced damage to crown towers. Incredibly versatile.

With my hog, I figured I can test out my new Hog Miner deck.

E.g.: a weakened Minion Horde (hit by zap) can be protected by an immediate miner dispatch to the crown tower, providing ample defense.

My recorded playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkHa4eMgFI

Another example is to aggressively use it to harass crown towers and draw fire away from your hog rider.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQnfBV9Rzk

ST2K

Yeah, I'm having much more success with Lava Hound when I just swapped Skeleton Giant from my main deck out for him rather than trying to build a deck around it.

Should I be leveling cards I don't use? I assume so to keep them around for alternate play styles in the future?

I just levelled them up to the point where they were no longer cheap to level. I think if you're going F2P, you can't afford to upgrade everything.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Had two matches with a lava hound and a sparky. Was completely shocked when I saw them. Managed to take them both out fairly easily with low cost troops. Never understand people not supporting their expensive troops with at least a little bit of help.

JoeNut

Cleared out elite and we have about 4-5 elders who can accept anyone to join, we've had a few without gaf names and I've rejected as I don't know if they're randoms or not

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There needs to be a "congrats this game is pay 2 win trash" emote... But I'm not sure how to fit it into an irritating animated king face. Maybe have him laugh while dollar signs pop out of his eyes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Think I'm about done. The daily crown chest runs are just getting frustrating - every win streak is matched by a lose streak. Just dropped 150 points and often just by a couple of HP here or there. Just don't know if it's fun anymore

Ensirius

Think I'm about done. The daily crown chest runs are just getting frustrating - every win streak is matched by a lose streak. Just dropped 150 points and often just by a couple of HP here or there. Just don't know if it's fun anymore

I don't pay attention to the crown chest anymore.
It just pops up when it pops up, that's it.

This game just brings out the worse in people. Had a guy spam good luck all game and then I ended up wining and spammed the laugh emote for like 10 seconds.

Maximus P

There needs to be a "congrats this game is pay 2 win trash" emote... But I'm not sure how to fit it into an irritating animated king face. Maybe have him laugh while dollar signs pop out of his eyes.

I want a 'well done beating someone 2 levels below you' emote.

Just got beat by a guy at level 9 who spammed the 'well played' and laughing kings at the end. He wasn't even creative and used high level hogs and high level balloons with freeze.

hollomat

Banned
I want a "you only beat me because you paid for legendary cards" emote. Ice wizard and princess are way too efficient for their cost.

ultron87

Skeleton Giant still causes the most anger from me. He is just like, oh nice push you have there, it'd be a shame if something blew everything in it up and there was nothing to do about it.

What does it mean when someone immediately emotes crying when the battle launches.
I assume it's ass hattery but I don't know what type.

hollomat

Banned
Skeleton Giant still causes the most anger from me. He is just like, oh nice push you have there, it'd be a shame if something blew everything in it up and there was nothing to do about it.

Skeleton giant on defense is extremely frustrating. There's no reason the bomb should blow up flying units.

I've faced so many people who know they can't win and just play skeleton giant outside their towers in the last minute.

broz0rs

I think the best counter to Skel Giant is either Golem or Giant because both are at the front of your attacks and will drag the Skel Giant back to the tower whence it came from. If all goes to plan, the bomb will go off by its own tower and your ranged troops will be safe.

The other tactic you can do is drop a cannon at the center. If it targets your cannon, your troops will get away from the bomb easily after they kill it.

Without a cannon, wait until the Skel Giant gets almost to your tower. Place your troops behind the Skel Giant and take out the troops behind it because those are the ones likely to do all the damage. Since your troops are behind the Skel Giant, they won't get hit by the bomb because they'll already be marching towards your opponents tower to start your counter push.

ElyrionX

This game just brings out the worse in people. Had a guy spam good luck all game and then I ended up wining and spammed the laugh emote for like 10 seconds.

Umm maybe he thinks wishing you good luck is a nice gesture but of course, you threw that back in his face with your gloating.

Don't always assume everyone online is an asshole and even if people are assholes to you, there is no need to stoop to their level regardless of the match outcome.

Umm maybe he thinks wishing you good luck is a nice gesture but of course, you threw that back in his face with your gloating.

Don't always assume everyone online is an asshole and even if people are assholes to you, there is no need to stoop to their level regardless of the match outcome.
He spammed good luck literally the whole game even when he destroyed one of my towers he spammed good luck. Pretty sure he was just being a d-bag.

I like to think that people who spam good luck are foreigners who dont know english and think good luck means "good game".

Yup, thats totally why they spam it throughout the match and at the emd of the game.

Maximus P

Came across my first sparky today.

Op as fuck.

I dropped a level 4 Skelton giant right in front of it and the bomb didn't even take it out.

It takes out a group of barbs in one hit, a giant in 2 and a tower in about 8 seconds.

There are very few effiectian counters to it, so theres a high chance your pretty much screwed when one drops and you don't have the right cards in your deck.

ElyrionX

Op as fuck.

I dropped a level 4 Skelton giant right in front of it and the bomb didn't even take it out.

It takes out a group of barbs in one hit, a giant in 2 and a tower in about 8 seconds.

There are very few effiectian counters to it, so theres a high chance your pretty much screwed when one drops and you don't have the right cards in your deck.

Thought I was doing well against one two days ago. Took out the first Sparky he dropped and I took a tower. Then he dropped another. I messed up. It took one tower before going down. He dropped another and it took my king tower. OP as fuck indeed.

blackflag

Op as fuck.

It's countered by any horde group immediately just don't drop it in front and don't overcommit. It's great but I can usually not punish if they don't expect it or they overcommit.

hollomat

Banned
Try facing people with ice wizards and princesses in arena 6. Almost always lose my elixir advantage to those cards, it's really annoying.

This times 100. I'm in arena 7 playing since soft launch and about 75% of the decks I face have one of them. They always take at least 3 elixir to counter. They are far too efficient for their cost.

Adding legendaries to the shop just made it even more pay to win. Pay $20 and get a guaranteed legendary.

Maximus P

It's countered by any horde group immediately just don't drop it in front and don't overcommit. It's great but I can usually not punish if they don't expect it or they overcommit.

unfortunately i run a tank/ push deck.

I'm pretty much done for if come against one.

I could change some cards around to counter, but its pointless for the amount of times a meet one.

edit: You guys need to check out the chikinz vs timtim arena 6 featured match. The guy with the sparky gives him a 'good game' when he thinks he's won only to get smashed at the end. Justice. lol

Top Bottom