• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
Let me know when GAF does the weekly clearing and I'll rejoin. I joined a friends clan, but they just don't donate enough. Our donations are 3k less than GAF and I'm at 1100 donations.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Let me know when GAF does the weekly clearing and I'll rejoin. I joined a friends clan, but they just don't donate enough. Our donations are 3k less than GAF and I'm at 1100 donations.
The purge has occurred. 7 open spots o believe.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Just a note. When applying to neogaf clan (the top one with over 19000 trophies) please state your neogaf user name in your request and post here to make validating your request quick and easy. Otherwise we don't know if you are a member......

Maximus P

Something fishy is going on...

I just came across a guy who dropped a barbs,a giant and a sparky right at the start of the game...he was spamming laughing kings too.

Edit: just watched replay and the dude started the game a good 10 seconds before me. Wtf?! Must have been lag.

Is there a nooby friendly gaf clan? I just started playing last night. Kind of get stuck when your chest slots get full. Figured the donating aspect will add just a tiny bit more time of play per session and id like to join an actuve clan.

Agent

Looking to join the clan. I donate as much as I'm allowed to and as often.

Is there a nooby friendly gaf clan? I just started playing last night. Kind of get stuck when your chest slots get full. Figured the donating aspect will add just a tiny bit more time of play per session and id like to join an actuve clan.

GAF (#QYYQCQ) has 4 open spots. Just make sure to put your GAF name in the request.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Something fishy is going on...

I just came across a guy who dropped a barbs,a giant and a sparky right at the start of the game...he was spamming laughing kings too.

Edit: just watched replay and the dude started the game a good 10 seconds before me. Wtf?! Must have been lag.

How do you watch replays of your own fights? Can't seem to find that, I'm probably an idiot.

edit: found it, I am an idiot. :p

Ice Wizard costing the same as Minions or Archers is fucking insane.

Yup. I have Ice Wiz. I see no reason to pick Archers over it. Can't be wiped by Fireball high level Arrows. Eventually does more damage than Archers due to tankiness and slow. Honestly needs a nerf to HP.

clan need 3-4 more peoples.

We have around 16k trophy...donate and we are all friends:) we have lvl 3 to 7...all F2P player:)

QC power
YUJGJR

The drop rates on epics from royal crowns is insane now. Gotten atleast 4 since the update on tuesday.

Really? Personally crown chests have always been awful, and still continue to be. I'll usually just get cards I don't use and maybe 1 or 2 rares. Can't even remember the last time I've gotten an Epic from a crown chest. Makes it hard to justify putting in enough time everyday to get it when the rewards are usually terrible, especially compared to free chests lol

Syckx

The last update completely ruined the game. I face nothing but Royal Giants and Elixer machines with legendaries backing them. I'm done with the game. I dropped from 3,000 crowns to 2,500 since the update. Even when I find a deck that works (said Royal Giant backed by a fire mage--no legendaries for me) it's just not fun.

I spent a couple bucks on the game, but I'm not putting in anymore just so I can be hopeful that I can pull the legendaries I need to run a slow, boring tank deck. I loved this game since the beta because I felt that I could be competitive no matter what, I just don't feel that way anymore. Back to Hearthstone.

Maximus P

The last update completely ruined the game. I face nothing but Royal Giants and Elixer machines with legendaries backing them. I'm done with the game. I dropped from 3,000 crowns to 2,500 since the update. Even when I find a deck that works (said Royal Giant backed by a fire mage--no legendaries for me) it's just not fun.

I spent a couple bucks on the game, but I'm not putting in anymore just so I can be hopeful that I can pull the legendaries I need to run a slow, boring tank deck. I loved this game since the beta because I felt that I could be competitive no matter what, I just don't feel that way anymore. Back to Hearthstone.

I kinda know how you feel. I'm at 2300 trophies and I've started calling the game 'Hog rider Royale'. Everyone uses him to a stage that I'm surprised if he doesn't get used.

Best thing to do is to take a break for a while, log on to open your chests and play just to get your chest slots full. Try again in a few weeks once you have more leveled up cards.

JoeNut

I kinda know how you feel. I'm at 2300 trophies and I've started calling the game 'Hog rider Royale'. Everyone uses him to a stage that I'm surprised if he doesn't get used.

Best thing to do is to take a break for a while, log on to open your chests and play just to get your chest slots full. Try again in a few weeks once you have more leveled up cards.

I actually feel the opposite, since the update it feels like everybody knows how to counter the hog, so i've got rid of him

Yeah, I wish they just remove or overhaul Freeze. It's just very annoying to play against. They could make it slow slightly, then ramping up to a complete freeze for 1 second. It's a ridiculously strong multiplier.

I've been playing this for a while and have 3 decks which I enjoy using.

One is a mass barb style deck where the aim is to hold out till the 1 min mark and overwhelm the opponent with barbs/barb huts etc. Doesn't work well the higher you go.

Been experimenting with a double prince mirror/pumps deck that's been going well. Dropping double skelly giants/pumps and in some cases triple or quadruple princes is hilarious.

Also just started messing around with a loon rage deck. Not had too much luck so far. Maybe needs the freeze added to it too.

JoeNut

I've been playing this for a while and have 3 decks which I enjoy using.

One is a mass barb style deck where the aim is to hold out till the 1 min mark and overwhelm the opponent with barbs/barb huts etc. Doesn't work well the higher you go.

Been experimenting with a double prince mirror/pumps deck that's been going well. Dropping double skelly giants/pumps and in some cases triple or quadruple princes is hilarious.

Also just started messing around with a loon rage deck. Not had too much luck so far. Maybe needs the freeze added to it too.

level 3 balloon is way OP - it doesnt seem to get lured away either

Maximus P

I'm OK with the freeze, i just think it's a little cheap for what it does.

I'd personally like to see Hog and Freeze and Balloon all cost one more elixir each, which would make them a lot harder to use in conjunction with each other unless your packing some elixir boosts.

Edit: and sparky only costs 6? Nah, that needs to be at least 7.

Edit 2: game seems to be matching me with people that have invested a lot of money into this. Last 2 games were against a guy with a level 3 princess and a guy with a level 2 sparky

Maximus P

I actually feel the opposite, since the update it feels like everybody knows how to counter the hog, so i've got rid of him

You only have to check out the featured games on level 7 to see how often he's used.

I can counter him. But i do sometimes get caught out.

This is a typical scenario that catches me

Game starts:

I wait until I'm full on elixir so i drop the elixir collector behind tower 2

My enemy drops hogs with spear goblins followed shortly behind and i drop barbs, he freezes barbs and takes out tower 1.

he then goes full defensive with cannons, infernos, bomb towers.

it can be really annoying.

zoukka

You only have to check out the featured games on level 7 to see how often he's used.

Game starts:

My enemy drops hogs with spear goblins followed shortly behind and i drop barbs, he freezes barbs and takes out tower 1.

Don't drop elixir before your opponent does.

Maximus P

Unfortunately, i run a high elixir tank/push deck.

There are some (albeit rare) circumstances that put me in position that no matter what i put down, I'm getting taken on the opposite lane.

Giant Skeleton, Giant, Elixir, Arrows for example.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Game starts:

I've always thought that starting the game with a pump behind your tower is a fast way to lose. It's really hard to defend a 10 elixir push with only 5 elixir.,

Agent

I've always thought that starting the game with a pump behind your tower is a fast way to lose. It's really hard to defend a 10 elixir push with only 5 elixir.,

It all depends on your starting hand and what cards you have. Even if they make a push I will still drop the Elixir Collector, but not until I get near max Elixir. I have Zap/Freeze/Cannon to play defensively so chances are I will have one of them at the start to shut down an initial push. I'm okay if they take a portion of my tower, an old "bend but don't break" analogy. Of course there are times that doesn't work out quite as well.

If they made that push I know they are at a deficit so I can make a counter push with PEKKA/Ice Wizard/Princess/Hog Rider that is a pain to defend against. Oh and I will have the Collector pumping out additional Elixir to keep adding to the train. Most players aren't good at recovering from that.

An Elixir Collector at the start makes sense even if they aren't pushing if I have a starting deck of PEKKA/Hog Rider/Zap/Elixir Collector or some other combo of cards that I don't want to play at the start.

broz0rs

I thought this was funny. From NBA player and multi-millionaire, Gordon Heyward

DbnPFhk.png

I have zero Legendaries and I don't have an Epic above Level 2. Also, I'm Level 7 with low-mid 2000s in trophies, so my towers have reduced HP (compared to 95% of the people I play). I'm constantly playing against Level 8s and 9s with a Legendary or two, and multiple Level 3-4 Epics.

I spend most of my time wanting to break my iPad over my knee. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this before I just give up.

I feel like I've hit a real paywall. Without dumping cash for Legendaries and leveled-up Epics (or without ludicrous amounts of grinding), I just don't know how I'm going to be able to push into the upper 2000s or above. I think I can't. Maybe I'll just stop. <sigh>

Maximus P

I have zero Legendaries and I don't have an Epic above Level 2. Also, I'm Level 7 with low-mid 2000s in trophies, so my towers have reduced HP (compared to 95% of the people I play). I'm constantly playing against Level 8s and 9s with a Legendary or two, and multiple Level 3-4 Epics.

I spend most of my time wanting to break my iPad over my knee. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this before I just give up.

I feel like I've hit a real paywall. Without dumping cash for Legendaries and leveled-up Epics (or without ludicrous amounts of grinding), I just don't know how I'm going to be able to push into the upper 2000s or above. I think I can't. Maybe I'll just stop. <sigh>

Take it as a compliment. The people you're playing have put some serious money into the game to get where they're at. Let them laugh at you at the end. Let them spam the crying king when they drop a level 3 sparky....

Then smile when you realise that the guy you are playing could have purchased a console, a high end gaming PC or a cheap car with the money they have invested.

You didn't need to spend a penny.

hollomat

Banned
Not sure if the GAF Clan has any room right now. But I'm looking for a clan. In game name is Virtuearl

There's still spots in GAF (#QYYQCQ). In your request just say you're from the board.

Only way you'll be able to do it is grinding or paying. Fortunately the new donation limits have made it much easier to lvl up cards and tower lvl. I pick a card I want and request only that card. With 90 commons a day, it only takes just over 4 days to lvl that card from 8 to 9. Also, hitting the donation limit of 180 each day makes it much easier to lvl up your towers as well as get a ton of gold.

yayaba

I've really come to like the regular PEKKA. At first when I got him I scoffed at the 7 cost and how slow he is but he's really powered me through to a good number of victories later. I don't play him hardly during the first parts of a battle and wait to deploy him when double elixir comes around.

By then, I just load him up onto one lane, protect him with barbs, have archers and other ranged units support, use the arrows if they deploy skeletons or minions in defense, and if I can get close enough to a tower deploy Rage to have him go to town. PEKKA chops through buildings like nothing when he's on rage, it's pretty satisfying how fast stuff dies if he can get close enough.

skybald

Hit a wall in Arena 3 with my old deck that got me to 850. Dropped down to 750. Need to retool my outfit, which is actually making it a little fun.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ugh, tell me about it. I'm level 5 and I'm now paralyzed when I try to do anything. Tons of things I can upgrade but don't want to use in a deck, and can't seem to win or even get one tower down anymore. I think I'm just too slow for this game once it gets going.

I refuse on principle to use:
- movement or condition modifiers (e.g., freeze, rage, etc.)
- towers/fixtures (e.g., bomb tower, catapult, crossbow)
- unit-spawning huts
- elixir collector

I have never and will never use any of these things. I use only standard character units. My only reason--and it's not a good one--is that I associate the units listed above with the LKSAs (Laughing King Spamming Assholes) I am forced to play every day. By not using any of these units myself, it allows me to feel complete hatred for my opponents.

Someone please help me stop playing this game.

ultron87

I have a similar, stubborn, aversion to those kind of things, except for unit spawners. Those seem okay.

I've come to the conclusion that the things that really annoy me in this game are the ones that only work because the unit pathing is dumb. So Bomb Towers, Freeze, Ice Mage and Giant Skeleton that all take advantage of the way units naturally bunch up annoy the hell out of me. I think it is because it feels like they shouldn't be as effective as they are? I realize I'm totally being the Street Fighter "throws are cheap" guy.

Also I have no desire to ever get in a defensive building standoff, so I just refuse to use those.

I've at least reached Arena 7 with this mindset, but I'm expecting I'll need to change things up if I want to get much higher than that. (Unless I finally open a Legendary which I assume I can ride to +500 more trophies.)

Top Bottom