• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

spyder_ur

Is the Gaf clan for experienced players only? I'm sitting around 1000 right now :( is that good enough to join?

Definitely not - the only guideline (at least in Neogaf Elite - there are a few different GAF clans) is to request and donate.

Sorry, that was confusing. Definitely not experienced players only and that's fine to join.

coy

Some changes are good, some are meh. I'll be trying Knight out more that's for sure.

Is the Gaf clan for experienced players only? I'm sitting around 1000 right now :( is that good enough to join?
Nah you're good, I cannot see any GAF clans rejecting you based on experience.

JoeNut

Elite needs you!!

Got back up to 2000 trophies today and then proceeded to drop down to 1750, Royal arena just owns me. Not sure what I need to do

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can level my barbarians up to 5, but I don't know what the best switch-out would be really. Anyone wanna give advice?

QkdQdmr.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Either mini pekka or knight. Both satisfy the same role so you only need one.
Hmm, I always figured knight was good defense, and I only thought of mini pekka as good for offense only.

broz0rs

I can level my barbarians up to 5, but I don't know what the best switch-out would be really. Anyone wanna give advice?

I think this is a bad deck because all four top cards fits the same role. I'd recommend swapping some for more ranged units. more importantly, you definitely need either arrows or fireball.

That last patch ruined my goal to reach 3000 trophies as a lv 7.
Made it to 2800.
But I had to swap the bomb tower and giant for fireball and royal giant and the upgrades for these troops brought me to lv. 8 now.

hollomat

Banned
Made it to Arena 8 free to play with no legendary cards. Very happy. Match to make it again was against a guy with level 2 ice wizard which made it even sweeter.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Still playing this deck but I've been able to make to Arena 6 by just playing better. Prince is less and less useful though, so switching it for Hog Rider is still on my mind.

BUT I've just gotten a legendary in a crazy ass crown chest with an epic along with it.

But it's Lava Hound >_> worth building a deck around it?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Why not, it's a similar card to giant/golem.
Sure but I was wondering if it was worth the extra 1-2 elixir compared to those cards. That kind of card is out of my comfort zone since I've been playing decks with cards more on the side of reactive use. Found this deck online that I might try for the heck of it.

you can get legendaries in crown chests?
Well, I just did lol. You should be able to get them from any chest I think it's just that the probability is very low. Crown chests have been pretty good to me since they doubled their rewards.

JoeNut

From my limited experience with playing against a hound, they're only decent if you back it up with an elixer pump, as you'll end up outnumbered if it gets owned by an inferno tower etc.

Maximus P

Some of the featured matches are dodgy as hell.

I watched another one today where one guy seemed to let the other guy win at the end when he could have easily have finished him.

Weird.

Agent

Finally came up against a GAF member in a match, 007.

Wait, really? Didn't even realize it. I probably lost it, had such a mixed bag this morning. I was trying to finish getting my Crown Chest in advance of reset in a few hours and made many dumb mistakes. Matches get quite sweaty once you get into the 3400 range, no room for mistakes at all. :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wait, really? Didn't even realize it. I probably lost it, had such a mixed bag this morning. I was trying to finish getting my Crown Chest in advance of reset in a few hours and made many dumb mistakes. Matches get quite sweaty once you get into the 3400 range, no room for mistakes at all. :p

haha, yeah, you lost, your downfall was the elixir pumps. You put down an elixir and I charged with a prince and goblins, and that was the end of your tower :p It's the only reason I keep using princes, to punish pump users. You wouldn't have realized it was me bc my name is Noci in CR.

Agent

haha, yeah, you lost, your downfall was the elixir pumps. You put down an elixir and I charged with a prince and goblins, and that was the end of your tower :p It's the only reason I keep using princes, to punish pump users. You wouldn't have realized it was me bc my name is Noci in CR.

I went back and watched the match, your Inferno Tower destroyed me. I typically don't run into it so it's usually not a problem. Typically, I will play cannon/PEKKA when an opponent places a Royal Giant down. Both make quick work of it and I can play Ice Wizard/Princess/Hog Rider to get the train going in the other direction. Most opponents can't really defend against that very well. Your Inferno Tower didn't play nice with that strategy as I had to use a Freeze on it, then I had no Elixir to make my typical push. Beneficially PEKKA is a sitting duck at that point.

I should probably change my deck up a bit but I am being stubborn as it has worked overall, very well. It seems no one really uses PEKKA anymore. I'll have to see what some of the upcoming changes does to some of the cards and go from there.

Dunlop

I really wish they would make it so only a single hut card could be used per deck.

Such a waste of energy battling these low skill fire and forget decks

commish

I went back and watched the match, your Inferno Tower destroyed me. I typically don't run into it so it's usually not a problem. Typically, I will play cannon/PEKKA when an opponent places a Royal Giant down. Both make quick work of it and I can play Ice Wizard/Princess/Hog Rider to get the train going in the other direction. Most opponents can't really defend against that very well. Your Inferno Tower didn't play nice with that strategy as I had to use a Freeze on it, then I had no Elixir to make my typical push. Beneficially PEKKA is a sitting duck at that point.

I should probably change my deck up a bit but I am being stubborn as it has worked overall, very well. It seems no one really uses PEKKA anymore. I'll have to see what some of the upcoming changes does to some of the cards and go from there.

I feel like inferno towers are great counters to giants, royal giants, pekkas, golems, lava hounds, balloons, etc. I'll always run one for that purpose. I don't like cannons for defense much because a prince takes it out so easily and they don't do much on their own against big units. I just looked through my game log and see that you are right - not many folks play an inferno tower. Maybe I should bring back my lava hound.

You might have to change up the deck after the patch. We'll see how the new pump and freeze fare.

Agent

I feel like inferno towers are great counters to giants, royal giants, pekkas, golems, lava hounds, balloons, etc. I'll always run one for that purpose. I don't like cannons for defense much because a prince takes it out so easily and they don't do much on their own against big units. I just looked through my game log and see that you are right - not many folks play an inferno tower. Maybe I should bring back my lava hound.

You might have to change up the deck after the patch. We'll see how the new pump and freeze fare.

Prince has seemed to fall out of favor with the last patch. Double Prince / PEKKA was everywhere and now it is no where to be found. I just went through the 25 game history and your Prince was only 1 of 3 I've played against. Hog Rider was in 13 decks. Cannon is cheap distraction fodder for them. I'm curious if Tesla will be back on the rise with the Cannon reduction.

I may actually try a Lava Hound deck with the update. A Lava Hound / Balloon combo would be obnoxious to try and defend against, especially if you can get some ground troops going as distractions.

Dropped.

Way too much work only to hover briefly in higher arenas, only to get smacked down brutally when getting matched with folks 1 or 2 levels higher than you for 5 games in a row. Plus the P2W players running around were getting all too common.

Was fun while it lasted though. I think I got my fill.

commish

Prince has seemed to fall out of favor with the last patch. Double Prince / PEKKA was everywhere and now it is no where to be found. I just went through the 25 game history and your Prince was only 1 of 3 I've played against. Hog Rider was in 13 decks. Cannon is cheap distraction fodder for them. I'm curious if Tesla will be back on the rise with the Cannon reduction.

I may actually try a Lava Hound deck with the update. A Lava Hound / Balloon combo would be obnoxious to try and defend against, especially if you can get some ground troops going as distractions.

Yeah, I always seem to run a few cards that most don't. I ran poison in almost every deck for a good 6 weeks, loved it. Only just removed it, actually. Right now I use wizard and prince, which don't see much use but which are both great in the current meta, imo. If someone drops a RG, I can drop barbs on the RG and then drop a prince on the other side. Pretty hard to stop both pushes without losing out on the tower damage trade. I also like to drop a prince then immediately drop a wizard. Because everyone is so predictable, they almost always try to stop the prince with goblins/skeletons/horde which the wizard swallows up. I've taken a lot of towers with just that prince and wizard.

I think hog rider is overshadowed by RG, even with the 2 additional mana cost. It's pretty hard to get an elixir advantage and take no tower damage against a RG while almost everyone is ready and prepared for a hog attack. One cannon will stop 99% of hog attacks unless it's hog + goblins, which is the same cost as the RG. And even then, cannon plus a zap would stop it for an elixir advantage while taking no damage. Or even a barb drop will give you an advantage.

I'm working on a hound deck with a furnace. The thought is that, nearly everyone drops minion horde or some other small anti-air unit on top of a hound, but the furnace would stop that option. In theory. Maybe. I don't like running arrows so I'll need to think of something.

Inferno or bomb tower?

It's hard for me to think of a reason why bomb tower would be better in this current meta. Bomb tower doesn't really do much against RG.

Maximus P

Time to join a clan...

I was in a clan with my buddies before...a mere 6 people. But I think I'm the only one left playing. :-(

mattiewheels

I realized there are a lot of neogaf, gaf clans out there. I'm in #80J8RU9, anyone around here in that one? Or is it unofficial, lol.

hollomat

Banned
If you have a princess or an ice wizard and you aren't in arena 8, you are awful. Those cards give such an advantage.

I'm on the legendary border and every deck I face has one or both. I have neither and still occasionally win. If you have any of these you're playing on easy.

If you have a princess or an ice wizard and you aren't in arena 8, you are awful. Those cards give such an advantage.

I'm on the legendary border and every deck I face has one or both. I have neither and still occasionally win. If you have any of these you're playing on easy.
I'm facing people in Arena 6 with ice wizards, princesses, and miners. Like, WTF are you doing in Arena 6?

ultron87

I got lucky and opened a Sparky. It took me some time to figure out how to use it (it's a support unit, not the bulk of a push) but now that I do it is certainly helping a tonnnnn. The times you can get two out at once during the last minute feel gross. I feel like kind of a jerk when I win with it.

At least it is a significant Elixir cost, so if you screw up with it it hurts a lot. Unlike say, the Ice Wizard.

Nerokis

I'm facing people in Arena 6 with ice wizards, princesses, and miners. Like, WTF are you doing in Arena 6?

Haha. I doubt it'll ever stop feeling that way. I'm typically hovering in the 2100-2400 range, constantly run into people way more progressed than I am, and virtually never the other way around. Just the life of a F2P (well, aside from that $15...) player.

Unicorn

Finally broke 1k trophies. Stopped fucking around and just went back to my original deck, but swapped a couple cards out. Some people I just can't win against due to deck makeup.

Top Bottom