• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

I got a random Super Magical Chest which had a Lava Hound inside

I'm stacking him with the Baby Dragon + both minons and it's so fucking vile, even if you clear out the minions with arrows, the pups are coming

The chests come in a set order: they aren't random. So just play more I guess!

Super Magicals don't. They're not in the rotation. They're given probabilistically.

I've won 1000 games and I'm midway through Arena 7. I feel like most people in my spot have received at least a single Legendary (or a single Super Magical, or both). But maybe I'm just too eager. Maybe they're rarer than I'm thinking.

This fuckin' game. What about it creates such rage? It blows cause I'm level 6 and I go against level 7's and 8's. It is so hard to kill them with their high ranking shit.

zoukka

Super Magicals don't. They're not in the rotation. They're given probabilistically.

I've won 1000 games and I'm midway through Arena 7. I feel like most people in my spot have received at least a single Legendary (or a single Super Magical, or both). But maybe I'm just too eager. Maybe they're rarer than I'm thinking.

I got mine at 1200 wins :)

ultron87

I must begrudgingly admit that ending my stubborn principled stand and adding a Cannon made my deck a lot better. Since it means I'm not basically guaranteed to lose a tower to repeated Royal Giant or Hog pressure. And just makes me much more resilient to big pushes.

Mumble mumble stupid defensive buildings mumble.

blackflag

This fuckin' game. What about it creates such rage? It blows cause I'm level 6 and I go against level 7's and 8's. It is so hard to kill them with their high ranking shit.

I'm 41 and been playing games since pong. Never have I played a game so rage inducing.

This game can put me on tilt even worse than street fighter.

But I love it

hollomat

Banned
I don't think they do because I got a super magical chest within my first week of playing.

You got really lucky then. As mentioned above the chests are all in a set order except super magical. I'm in arena 8 and still haven't gotten one.

Finally got my first legendary from a free chest the other day after buying princess from the legendary shop.

J0dy77

Any thought to making some consolidations on the NeoGaf clans? We're starting to have a lot of people no longer playing and even have some spots open that we'd like to fill.

If anyone needs an invite send one to the "NeoGAF" clan (orange/white star icon) clan tag: #8GUV99C. Just make sure to include that you are from NeoGAF in the request.

If any of the other clans are getting light we could probably clear up about 15 spots for more active people.

Octacamo

currently sitting at 1600 trophies till now 0 super magical chests

its like game want me to spend some money on it

btw till now i havent spend a single penny on this game :)

Maximus P

What about it creates such rage? .

For me its the helplessness. Sometimes you'll come across a deck that has the perfect counter to every card you play. You play Barbs> the enemy fireballs them, You play minion horde> The enemy arrows them, You put down Elixir pump > The enemy uses a miner to take it out and so on and so on.

Well, that and those damn Emojis. Laughing kings at the end stings especially when they are 2 levels above you with high level cards.

zoukka

For me its the helplessness. Sometimes you'll come across a deck that has the perfect counter to every card you play. You play Barbs> the enemy fireballs them, You play minion horde> The enemy arrows them, You put down Elixir pump > The enemy uses a miner to take it out and so on and so on.

But the whole core of Clash is rock/paper/scissors. The game is supposed to look like that. Cards are played and countered. Your deck needs to have counters to all the potential threats the enemy plays.

currently sitting at 1600 trophies till now 0 super magical chests

its like game want me to spend some money on it

btw till now i havent spend a single penny on this game :)

I'm at 2850 trophies and havent gotten a single super magical chest or legendary card.
I also havent spent any money.

I feel like spending money doesnt really help you anyway, unless you are willing to spend thousands of dollars.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Prince + wizard is doing some crazy work for me in this meta. No one uses prince anymore, I know, and wizard isn't the most popular card, but prince/wiz combo has taken so many towers for me, especially at the start of games. A lot of decks just don't have good counters to this. Any use of goblins, ice wizard, princess, minions, minion horde, etc are going to get eaten up. Mini pekka and barbarians are better counters, but are still going to die with the prince still alive, assuming prince is coming from a charge.

And good luck to you if you drop a pump at the start and I drop prince/wizard. That tower is 100% dead.

I'm at 2850 trophies and havent gotten a single super magical chest or legendary card.
I also havent spent any money.

I feel like spending money doesnt really help you anyway, unless you are willing to spend thousands of dollars.

That's definitely not true. Even $50 would take you a pretty far way into legendary arena. You'll never be in the top 200 without spending a boatload of money, but you can comfortably be in legendary arena with a few bucks. Of course, you can reach legendary arena as a totally F2P player, but it's hard to climb through legendary without spending SOMETHING.

blackflag

Prince + wizard is doing some crazy work for me in this meta. No one uses prince anymore, I know, and wizard isn't the most popular card, but prince/wiz combo has taken so many towers for me, especially at the start of games. A lot of decks just don't have good counters to this. Any use of goblins, ice wizard, princess, minions, minion horde, etc are going to get eaten up. Mini pekka and barbarians are better counters, but are still going to die with the prince still alive, assuming prince is coming from a charge.

And good luck to you if you drop a pump at the start and I drop prince/wizard. That tower is 100% dead.

That's definitely not true. Even $50 would take you a pretty far way into legendary arena. You'll never be in the top 200 without spending a boatload of money, but you can comfortably be in legendary arena with a few bucks. Of course, you can reach legendary arena as a totally F2P player, but it's hard to climb through legendary without spending SOMETHING.

Yep that is what I use. Still using prince, dark prince, wiz, mini pekka, fireball, princess, Royal giant, elixir.

If they drop elixir collector beginning of the game it's always a 3 tower win

What do you get for 50€? Not even two super magical chests...
So probably not even one legendary and probably not the epics you need.

Hmm this is a tempting combo to adopt, especially with the current meta. I'm hesitant to try something new right now though and drop a lot of trophies. Usually don't see that rush though.

Dargor

But the whole core of Clash is rock/paper/scissors. The game is supposed to look like that. Cards are played and countered. Your deck needs to have counters to all the potential threats the enemy plays.

So which part of that is supposed to make me feel better when someone drops a sparky for the first time on me and I dunno what the heck am I supposed to do and can only watch as he takes 3 stars on his first wave? :(

commish

What do you get for 50€? Not even two super magical chests...
So probably not even one legendary and probably not the epics you need.

You wouldn't use them on SMC. You'd use them to open up the chests you win so you can keep playing and get more chests. That's the best use of spending money. Well, that and gold to level your deck. One SMC costs so much money and you don't get a lot of value from it. Agree with you there.

Hmm this is a tempting combo to adopt, especially with the current meta. I'm hesitant to try something new right now though and drop a lot of trophies. Usually don't see that rush though.

Look at your last 10 matches, and see what your opponent had that would stop a particular strategy. That's why I started to use the prince/wizard combo (along with RG to give me two win conditions, depending on my opponent's deck).

Agent

GAF (#QYYQCQ) currently has 2 open spaces. Feel free to send a request with your GAF name in the invite.

Note: There is currently a 1200 trophy minimum in place to reduce the request to join spam, but there is no requirement. If you have less than 1200 trophies just mention it and it will be dropped so you can join.

Wimps

Fireball, if they spawn it behind the tower you get to take the wiz down to a 1 hit kill and you do tower damage.

Bomber is decent now, and you'll need a structure such as a cannon.
Balloon is also owning if you can unlock it early enough.
Join Neogaf Elite 👍

Just sent a request.

ST2K

In the 1800s now. Having some fun, though I still feel like if I run into anyone with a Legendary (except Lava Hound) it's game over. I imagine I'm going to hit a wall soon.

In the 1800s now. Having some fun, though I still feel like if I run into anyone with a Legendary (except Lava Hound) it's game over. I imagine I'm going to hit a wall soon.

After 1500, levels of units seem to matter a lot more, as well as level of yourself.

I've never found a solid wall, but sometimes you gotta wade through a lot of mud to get back to the clear water.

hollomat

Banned
After 1500, levels of units seem to matter a lot more, as well as level of yourself.

I've never found a solid wall, but sometimes you gotta wade through a lot of mud to get back to the clear water.

Legendaries make an enormous difference. Having a princess or ice wizard definitely gives you a huge edge against someone who doesn't.

Brakke

Banned
I'm like hovering right outside arena 4 and getting smacked/ sent down to 3 every time I get in. Feels bad man.

Yeah that was a tough hump to get over. I was hovering there for ages but just in the last couple days have a proper foothold into 4. It really helps to be level 6. The shittiest thing is getting into a new level, and then going on a losing streak so you don't even get a single chest from the higher level. Often, you need (or really are better off with) cards *from* that level in order to compete at that level.

TheExodu5

Banned

I got to 2860 without any legendaries.

I then rolled a Princess. I've gotten just past 3000 at best, but I still hang around 2800-2900. I've seen level 8-9 players with common/rare decks make it into the 3000's. Princess helps, but she really hasn't really improved my trophy count as drastically as I thought she would.

The only legendary I feel really turns the tide is Ice Wizard. He pretty much always trades positive and is a pretty big boon to any deck. The others have their uses, but they can usually be even traded or better pretty easily.

I feel like I've seen a LOT more Ice Wizards in play lately. I know I just got one last week but it seems like I am seeing one at least every other match in the mid 2000s. Out of all the legendary cards I think I've seen Miner the least.

ST2K

Finally won a match against an Ice Wizard! Problem being that was preceded and followed by other matches against it that I lost. So that makes me like 1-10 or 1-15 against decks with it.

This game doesn't make me rage like it does with so many players, but legendaries being so clearly advantageous are a bummer.

I played this for the first time in a while. About 3/4 of the battles were just the other person putting huts down over and over again followed by me dropping defense and waiting for a draw. Kinda boring.

commish

I played this for the first time in a while. About 3/4 of the battles were just the other person putting huts down over and over again followed by me dropping defense and waiting for a draw. Kinda boring.

There are 50 other cards so you might see some other strategies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just played a game.

Start of game, as soon as I hit 10 elixer, lagged out... few seconds pass, closed and restarted game.

Get back, I'm down 1.5 towers. I say "good game" ready to give up. (ed: forgot this asshole thumbs upped me, naturally...)

I put down a couple units then lag out again...

Get back 2nd time and I'm down 2 towers but I did like 3/4 damage to one of his towers with my units counter pushing.

After I was back the 2nd time I'm defending my king tower with all I got, I send out a couple balloons and end up 3 crown wiping him.

This is like my first win out of 10+ games today.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Just played a game.

Start of game, as soon as I hit 10 elixer, lagged out... few seconds pass, closed and restarted game.

Get back, I'm down 1.5 towers. I say "good game" ready to give up. (ed: forgot this asshole thumbs upped me, naturally...)

I put down a couple units then lag out again...

Get back 2nd time and I'm down 2 towers but I did like 3/4 damage to one of his towers with my units counter pushing.

After I was back the 2nd time I'm defending my king tower with all I got, I send out a couple balloons and end up 3 crown wiping him.

This is like my first win out of 10+ games today.

Lmao. No wayyy. That's epic

mrklaw

MrArseFace
aargh this game. Was hovering between arena 5&6, and drop down to arena 5 just as I get a magical chest (so will only have arena 5 goodies in it). Decide to keep going until I get back into arena 6, and end up back at 1580 trophies. fff.

high level minion hordes fuck your units up really fast. even with a decent level musketeer if you don't have arrows you're basically fucked. Feels like a I need another anti-air with balloons, dragons, that weird new flying thing that turns into fireballs, hordes. But alreayd have spear gobs, musketeer and arrows.

commish

Dropped so much last night by experimenting, dumb idea

EDIT: commish would you mind putting Neogaf Elite in the OP?

Sure, np.

I have as the GAF clans:

NeoGAF
Neogaf
GAF
GAF Royale
Neogaf Elite

Did I miss any?

Last night, some Level 9 dude does a PEKKA rush supported by Ice Wizard and I manage to block it, barely. He drops an elixir pump as I drop my standard Knight behind my base to begin my own shitty little push. Apparently he finds this amusing, because he starts chucking laughing kings and laughing kings and laughing kings.

He poorly places a couple of units and I roll over him with Knight, Wizard, and Balloon, taking his left tower. I give him the old thumbs up. Then: "Your opponent has left the match."

<pleasure shivers>

commish

Last night, some Level 9 dude does a PEKKA rush supported by Ice Wizard and I manage to block it, barely. He drops an elixir pump as I drop my standard Knight behind my base to begin my own shitty little push. Apparently he finds this amusing, because he starts chucking laughing kings and laughing kings and laughing kings.

He poorly places a couple of units and I roll over him with Knight, Wizard, and Balloon, taking his left tower. I give him the old thumbs up. Then: "Your opponent has left the match."

<pleasure shivers>

These are the moments we play for.

Dazzler

Have had a few games where I'm desperately trying to cycle units to get a volley of arrows off and take their tower before the timer runs out. It's a rush

Top Bottom