• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

I've found Skeleton Army to work as a pretty good Sparky counter. If I drop the Army correctly and then immediately drop a Knight (on the other side of the Sparky's first shot), it'll take the Sparky out very quickly and the Knight and a few Skeletons should survive.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Can somebody recommend a solid Arena 3 deck.. I've been floating around 1000-1100 for a couple weeks. Seems I always go on a crazy losing streak then work my way back up.

nampad

Call me lucky but I just got my second legendary on my alt account (lava hound and ice mage). My main also has the ice mage, all f2p.

Can somebody recommend a solid Arena 3 deck.. I've been floating around 1000-1100 for a couple weeks. Seems I always go on a crazy losing streak then work my way back up.

What do you have at your disposal?

RyanBankz

Neo Member
What do you have at your disposal?

Right now I have:

Melee Gobbies
Spear Gobbies
Baby Dragon
Arrows
Gobbies Hut
Giant
Musketeer
Rage
Knight
Bow & Arrow Lady
Witch
Valkyrie
Bomber
Mini Pekka
Fireball
Skelly Army
Skelly
Giant Skelly
Prince
Goblin Barrel
Minions
Bomber tower
Tombstone
Balloon
Barbies
Barbies Hut
Cannon
Rocket
X-bow

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh man I got a Lava Hound! My first legendary! Woooooooooo!

Here's my deck:

QJ6wYEk.png

I had the minion horde in place of the mirror earlier, but they would get demolished by wizards. Now I have a mirror instead and it lets me do Double Dragons or, if I'm feeling extra risky, double elixir pumps which will allow me to do double Lava Hounds easily in the last few moments of the round.

It's not a foolproof deck (I can easily be overwhelmed/destroyed in the first minute by some tanky builds) but man is it fun.

nampad

Right now I have:

Melee Gobbies
Spear Gobbies
Baby Dragon
Arrows
Gobbies Hut
Giant
Musketeer
Rage
Knight
Bow & Arrow Lady
Witch
Valkyrie
Bomber
Mini Pekka
Fireball
Skelly Army
Skelly
Giant Skelly
Prince
Goblin Barrel
Minions
Bomber tower
Tombstone
Balloon
Barbies
Barbies Hut
Cannon
Rocket
X-bow

How about giant, mini pekka, archers, bomber, arrows, skellies, musketeer and baby dragon?

Many troops can be swapped but in any case, you need (preferably several) counters for any situation and units that can tank damage.

With this deck, you have quiet good air defense abilities (archers, musk and baby dragon), 2 splash dmg units + one splash damage spell for swarms, a high dps unit for tanks (mini pekka) and skellies for pulling and swarming troops.

In the lower arenas, the giant push nearly always works. Giant+splash damage unit+long range damage dealer behind tank. The baby dragon can be used as a second tank and to distract troops.

Your card levels are quiet important though, please consider them when building a deck.

edit: accidentially just used the deck I recommended because I didn't switch back. Won easily in arena 5 even though nearly all of the cards weren't leveled ;)

RyanBankz

Neo Member
How about giant, mini pekka, archers, bomber, arrows, skellies, musketeer and baby dragon?

Many troops can be swapped but in any case, you need (preferably several) counters for any situation and units that can tank damage.

With this deck, you have quiet good air defense abilities (archers, musk and baby dragon), 2 splash dmg units + one splash damage spell for swarms, a high dps unit for tanks (mini pekka) and skellies for pulling and swarming troops.

In the lower arenas, the giant push nearly always works. Giant+splash damage unit+long range damage dealer behind tank. The baby dragon can be used as a second tank and to distract troops.

Your card levels are quiet important though, please consider them when building a deck.

edit: accidentially just used the deck I recommended because I didn't switch back. Won easily in arena 5 even though nearly all of the cards weren't leveled ;)

Hahahah, thanks so much man. I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

hollomat

Banned
GAF (#QYYQCQ) has done our purge and is down to 38/50 members. Anyone who wants to join is welcome, just say you're from here in the message. We have a trophy count over 22000 and over 12000 donations this week so we are very active.

We currently have a trophy requirement of 1400, but that's only to stop the spamming of requests from randoms. If you have less trophies than that you're still welcome! Just post here and we will lower the trophy count.

I only kicked out the people with a donation of 0 this week, but if i kicked you and you're still active just post here and I can let you back in.

djp6

GAF (#QYYQCQ) has done our purge and is down to 38/50 members. Anyone who wants to join is welcome, just say you're from here in the message. We have a trophy count over 22000 and over 12000 donations this week so we are very active.

We currently have a trophy requirement of 1400, but that's only to stop the spamming of requests from randoms. If you have less trophies than that you're still welcome! Just post here and we will lower the trophy count.

I only kicked out the people with a donation of 0 this week, but if i kicked you and you're still active just post here and I can let you back in.
wow and i thought the 9713 donations in NeoGaf Elite was a lot

hollomat

Banned
you got me beat i'm at 854 people refuse to request inferno tower

Haha. I just donate any card people ask for except the one I'm trying to upgrade. Being in legendary arena also helps since it lets me donate up to 240 a day.

GAF clan is the cream of the crop people!! Can't wait till there is clan battles (if ever) but we have the best players over there...right hollomat?

For sure!

dantehemi

GAF clan is the cream of the crop people!! Can't wait till there is clan battles (if ever) but we have the best players over there...right hollomat?

I don't understand how the timer on the crown chest works. I thought you could have two stacked up (like the free chests) but whenever I'm late to open one, it just pushes the time it's available back, rather than having a second one ready to go.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I don't understand how the timer on the crown chest works. I thought you could have two stacked up (like the free chests) but whenever I'm late to open one, it just pushes the time it's available back, rather than having a second one ready to go.

They don't stack.

The free chests timer has silhouettes of two chests, implying that they stack. The Crown Chest timer doesn't.

Just to piggy back off of Hollo, we are open to anyone. We aren't trying to take peeps from the other GAF clans, but as people start to drop off from all of the GAF clans it might not be a bad idea to try to merge a few of them together if at all possible. Obviously the issue arises of nobody wanting to be the clan to split up, but we do have the best trophy count and donations of the GAF clans and peeps are more than welcome to bring over their squad since we just cleaned house (so incentives to join haha). Either way no biggie but we are a chill crew.

So if anyone wants to join just include your GAF info, or state you are a GAF lurker lol.

Ninja Dom

Is anybody here on the Legendary Arena?

If so, how did you manage to make it all the way there? Also, do you have to wait long for a match as there must be far fewer players there?

blackflag

If so, how did you manage to make it all the way there? Also, do you have to wait long for a match as there must be far fewer players there?

I got there once and immediately got booted back to 7 :(

I stay in the 2900s most of the time and anytime I get within a game of 3k I lose it everytime lol.

zoukka

Slow but steady rise against higher level players. And no the matchmaking is instant, there are tons of people in arena 8.

Ninja Dom

I'm having hard time trying to stay in Arena 7, Royal Arena.

Once you unlock a Legendary Card is it the same probability as unlocking the first to get the second, third, fourth etc of that same Legendary Card?

djp6

I'm having hard time trying to stay in Arena 7, Royal Arena.

Once you unlock a Legendary Card is it the same probability as unlocking the first to get the second, third, fourth etc of that same Legendary Card?

same thing is happening to me i keep climbing and falling between 2190 to 1890 trying to upgrade my commons though

I've only made it into Arena 7 for a few games before being knocked back into arena 6 and I can't seem to get out of it. Hate to admit it, but the temptation to buy a super magical chest just for the chance to get a legendary is growing.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I've only made it into Arena 7 for a few games before being knocked back into arena 6 and I can't seem to get out of it. Hate to admit it, but the temptation to buy a super magical chest just for the chance to get a legendary is growing.
Just keep in mind that if you buy "only" one Super Magical Chest there's a good chance you don't get a legendary. I think I've read that it's something like 1 in 3 SMC has a legendary. And still if you get one, you don't know which one you'll get.

djp6

Don't in NeoGaf Elite 5 members myself included keep climbing and falling out of arena 7 some fall from 2450 to as low as 2009 with legionaries

Just keep in mind that if you buy "only" one Super Magical Chest there's a good chance you don't get a legendary. I think I've read that it's something like 1 in 3 SMC has a legendary. And still if you get one, you don't know which one you'll get.
Yeah I know, fun to think about though.

JoeNut

Got a sparky in a free chest last night, the amount of crying emojis I have seen since..lol.

Thing is it's very easily countered, but your deck has to be set up to counter it

Mistouze

Got a sparky in a free chest last night, the amount of crying emojis I have seen since..lol.

Thing is it's very easily countered, but your deck has to be set up to counter it
It's a bit like Lava Hound in the sense that's it's pretty rare and not every one knows how to efficiently counter it.

Though I feel sparky has an edge over lava hound since you can fit it in an existing deck. Lava hound needs a deck build around him. Still love my Hound though, getting a nice amount of 3 crowns win in lower arena 7.

hollomat

Banned

I'm on legendary arena. I only upgrade the cards I'm using and donate as much as I can to get gold and increase my xp. Only money I've bought in the game was $20 to buy ice wizard and princess from the legendary shop.

The wait time is almost instant, there's a ton of people in legendary. I finished at 3155 trophies last season and was ranked 84,000 so there's probably over 100,000 people in legendary arena.

I think a legendary is almost essential to make it to legendary arena. I made it there without one, but I was constantly going between arena 7 and 8. Now I'm much more confidently in arena 8 using princess in my deck. I'd say about 90% of my opponents use a legendary or multiple legendaries in their deck.

Arena 8 also makes it easier to upgrade cards. You get 20% more cards and 33% more gold in each arena 8 chest over the arena 7 chests. You can also request 40 cards instead of 30.

The most annoying thing about it is that every two weeks everyone above 3000 trophies has their trophies reset to 3000. So I made it to 3155 and after the reset I was playing people who'd made it to 3700.

Maximus P

The win streaks and lose streaks are brutal on this game. I dont even feel great about winning anymore because i know the guy im beating is proabably on a lose streak and getting constantly matched against counter decks.

Well done on the sparky joe. Youll get more crying emojis during matches but youll also get a lot more laughing kings and, 'thanks' taunts after you lose. Its a hard card to impliment as you need to provide cover but when it works it works.

I absolutely cannot stand playing against Sparky. She is not too hard to counter, but I can't tell you the number of times I would drop barbarians perfectly, the game would lag for a second and bunch them together, and BAM one shotted. At that point I always lose because the Giant + Sparky destroy the first tower instantly, and then they have a train going I can't stop.

Sparky is horrible to play against because if you don't play it perfectly/you get boned by confounding factors you are pretty much guaranteed to take the L. That's kind of balance breaking IMO.

DrkSage

HOLY SHIT! My prayers have been answered, just got a lava hound from my crown chest. Anybody know a good lava hound deck?

Chief pat ( I think) made a good deck around it.

Lavahound
Baby Dragon
Musketeer
Minions
Barbarians
Arrows
Firespirit
Spear goblins

The gimmick of it is that you send the hound and then the dragon behind it, making sure the hound gets all the agro and when he blows up if he/she put out any defense against they'll target the dragon and ignore the pups. Even the tower targets the dragon.

Right now I'm using that exact deck only that I switched the dragon for the goblin barrel to test it a little.

Edit: it wasn't pat, it was a deck I found online. I just remembered

Mistouze

I'm running the same deck since I got a lava hound, made it to 2200. It's a cool deck when you know how to play it.

Is ddos a thing?

I played against a member of clan "trolling vipers" and everything was normal until he started to lose then I got the flashing red no connection icon and could not place any troops just wasting elixir but he was still placing guys, it lasted to the end and 3 crown loss and then the loading bar got stuck at 53%, Internet was working normally otherwise during this whole time I was on solid wifi as usual. Then everything recovered. Out of 1000 whatever games I have never seen this.

I wonder if it's p2p and iPs are visible, or only to server.

Is ddos a thing?

I played against a member of clan "trolling vipers" and everything was normal until he started to lose then I got the flashing red no connection icon and could not place any troops just wasting elixir but he was still placing guys, it lasted to the end and 3 crown loss and then the loading bar got stuck at 53%, Internet was working normally otherwise during this whole time I was on solid wifi as usual. Then everything recovered. Out of 1000 whatever games I have never seen this.

Probably the server. That was a bit common in the beta. The beta was also weird because connection wasn't reliable on wifi but rock solid on data and that was reported a lot. I don't think they're dumb enough to do P2P for a phone game but I don't know.

JoeNut

sparky is really weird, i either steamroll people 2 or 3 to Nil, or someone knows exactly how to counter me and wins easily.

Not sure on the best sparky deck yet, people seem to be using it with Giant but that seems to leave me really exposed.

Is ddos a thing?

I have that too sometime. Just yet in the last 10 sec and than after the match normal connectivity. On wifi at home. Strange

How can i share a vid?

Chief pat ( I think) made a good deck around it.

Lavahound
Baby Dragon
Musketeer
Minions
Barbarians
Arrows
Firespirit
Spear goblins

The gimmick of it is that you send the hound and then the dragon behind it, making sure the hound gets all the agro and when he blows up if he/she put out any defense against they'll target the dragon and ignore the pups. Even the tower targets the dragon.

Right now I'm using that exact deck only that I switched the dragon for the goblin barrel to test it a little.

Edit: it wasn't pat, it was a deck I found online. I just remembered
I just arrow the pups. No need for costly defence.

spyder_ur

sparky is really weird, i either steamroll people 2 or 3 to Nil, or someone knows exactly how to counter me and wins easily.

Not sure on the best sparky deck yet, people seem to be using it with Giant but that seems to leave me really exposed.

I'm thrilled to go against sparky/giant combos. That's a ton of elixir for slow easily distractible units. I'll rush the other side so they can't support, and then I'll spam my low units like goblins, spear goblins, cannon (for distraction), zap around sparky and then the giant. Works pretty well. I run a very low elixir deck currently though, Elixir for 5, hog for 4, and then everything else is 3 or less.

Top Bottom