• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

JoeNut

Balloons absolutely wreck my current deck. I only have Spear Goblins, plus Fireball and/or Zap to counter it. Luckily it doesn't pop up to often.

You can expand that to any air heavy deck I guess, but Minion/Horde is easily taken care of.
Yeah balloons are awesome at level 3+ but I've managed to work out if you can lure it with something like cannon, then use a muskateer, they're easy pickings

ST2K

Anyone know any good counters to someone using a Wizard defensively? Always seems to come up on the plus side of the elixir advantage when deployed as such.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah balloons are awesome at level 3+ but I've managed to work out if you can lure it with something like cannon, then use a muskateer, they're easy pickings

Yeah it's just my current deck is weak against it, especially if the other person arrows my spear goblins.

If I have a Cannon down already, or I can get it down with some elixir left over they're not really a problem. The smarter players figure this out by the midway point in the match however, and up against them I'm toast unless I can keep them on defense.

nampad

Miner and lava hound don't feel like they should be legendaries either. But we all know that design choices in this game are tainted by P2W considerations.

Quite enjoying my lava hound more than my ice wizard (both on different accounts) at the moment.

I was a bit disappointed at the lava hound at first but he can be quiet deadly in the right combo.

Durden77

Damn Balloon with fire spirts behind it is so hard for people to deal with. I am wrecking people with this setup. If they put out minion horde the fire spirts take them out instantly.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Quite enjoying my lava hound more than my ice wizard (both on different accounts) at the moment.

I was a bit disappointed at the lava hound at first but he can be quiet deadly in the right combo.
Same here, lava hound + baby dragon + musketteer often utterly wrecks a tower. Most people don't know they should arrow the hound's "second form" and how lethal it can be.

Starting a new account and I want help with my build....beofre i lvl up some shitty cards...

Cards I wanna used:

1. Goblins
2. Baby Dragon
3. Mini-Pekkaaa

rest i'm open for suggestions

JoeNut

Anyone know any good counters to someone using a Wizard defensively? Always seems to come up on the plus side of the elixir advantage when deployed as such.
Fireball, if they spawn it behind the tower you get to take the wiz down to a 1 hit kill and you do tower damage.

Starting a new account and I want help with my build....beofre i lvl up some shitty cards...

Cards I wanna used:

1. Goblins
2. Baby Dragon
3. Mini-Pekkaaa

rest i'm open for suggestions
Bomber is decent now, and you'll need a structure such as a cannon.
Balloon is also owning if you can unlock it early enough.
Join Neogaf Elite 👍

Fireball, if they spawn it behind the tower you get to take the wiz down to a 1 hit kill and you do tower damage.

Bomber is decent now, and you'll need a structure such as a cannon.
Balloon is also owning if you can unlock it early enough.
Join Neogaf Elite 👍

Yeah Apollo Creed on Gaf Elite:)

Thanks... not sure about bomber...i'll try it I guess lol.

Is it better to try to get to Arena 4 way early?

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Hey guys.... Neogaf clan #20Y9PQ has a few open spots(3 I think) Just post here and then request and mention your neogaf name and we will get you approved. If there isn't a post here to help us verify GAF membership your request will not be approved. We just ask that you donate at least one card per week...in other words stay active. It's a great clan. We look forward to getting some new members. I will edit this post when all spots are filled.

ElyrionX

This doesn't work too well because the wizard will still be alive and can still do a lot of damage.

If they played wizard on offense and you fireball him as he passes the tower, he can drop a giant or other tanks ahead of him, and the wizard might as well be at full health.

DrkSage

Well... Just lost 300+ trophies. Fell all the way down to 2750. Nothing but fucking hog zap spear goblins, goblins and inferno decks

Makes me want to smash my phone, which I didnt and just grabbed my 1gen iPhone and smashed that one instead.
not serious, but I really wanted to smash something

Future

Having a hard time dealing with giant + balloon combo. I don't roll with minion horde and that seems like the only thing that could handle this. Giant absorbs everything and even if I manage to kill it I can't kill the balloon fast enough to destroy it before it gets a hit in. Since the giant and balloon go for buildings there is no way to distract them away from each other. They move together as a unit

Inferno tower is the other option I guess. Cannon ain't doin shit and the giant is too damn tanky. Might start doing this shit myself because it feels like there are so few counters.

Only thing I managed to try to do is push hard in the other lane. But I can't kill the tire as fast or reliably

broz0rs

Having a hard time dealing with giant + balloon combo. I don't roll with minion horde and that seems like the only thing that could handle this. Giant absorbs everything and even if I manage to kill it I can't kill the balloon fast enough to destroy it before it gets a hit in. Since the giant and balloon go for buildings there is no way to distract them away from each other. They move together as a unit

Inferno tower is the other option I guess. Cannon ain't doin shit and the giant is too damn tanky. Might start doing this shit myself because it feels like there are so few counters.

Only thing I managed to try to do is push hard in the other lane. But I can't kill the tire as fast or reliably

that is 10 elixir worth of cards that doesn't hurt your units. just play out all your damaging cards, especially a cannon. once both are dead, you can start a massive counter push considering your opponent will be low on elixir and you still have all your cards in play.

ElyrionX

Cannon in the middle. Giant and balloon move towards it. Barbs in front to kill the giant. Musketeer behind to kill the balloon. You're welcome.

DrkSage

Let me tell you something. Ive been using The giant balloon combo for a month now before all the damn counters started showing up, and a well placed inferno tower completely destroys the deck. I have to start using a different deck now to reach arena 8 again and I've been scratching my head for days now since I can't seem to find one.

And I'm seriously considering making a Hog, zap, spear gobs and gobs, inferno deck. That's how desperate I am

spyder_ur

Can anyone recommend a good low elixir deck? Want to mess around with something else where I can rotate a lot of units but also be competitive. 3.5 or even less would be ideal. I'm around 3100 crowns, but the gameplay up there is so boring that I want to mix it up. I think I have mostly everything unlocked except lava hound.

ultron87

Been seeing more Three Musketeers. Unfortunately my deck is absurdly weak to them. I just don't see how people can risk tossing 9 Elixir down the drain when so many decks run Fireball.

spyder_ur

Been seeing more Three Musketeers. Unfortunately my deck is absurdly weak to them. I just don't see how people can risk tossing 9 Elixir down the drain when so many decks run Fireball.

Yeah, Barbs right on top wreck them too. I've lost a tower or two to them + Rage, though.

zoukka

I love how after I finally got the princess I've been playing against lvl11 players with lvl7 epics and lvl3 legendaries with my lvl9 f2p account.

Git gud whales.

Can anyone recommend a good low elixir deck? Want to mess around with something else where I can rotate a lot of units but also be competitive. 3.5 or even less would be ideal. I'm around 3100 crowns, but the gameplay up there is so boring that I want to mix it up. I think I have mostly everything unlocked except lava hound.

My deck:

Minipekka, ice whizzy, princess, cannon
Zap, goblins, hog

red13th

Chief Pat made a video this weekend about a Golem-Three Musketeers deck, maybe that's why.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love how after I finally got the princess I've been playing against lvl11 players with lvl7 epics and lvl3 legendaries with my lvl9 f2p account.

Git gud whales.

My deck:

Zap, goblins, hog

Everyone drops to 3000 when the season resets, so maybe that's why you are facing those people.

hollomat

Banned
Everyone drops to 3000 when the season resets, so maybe that's why you are facing those people.

Exactly. I've played 4 matches today since the reset. First two were against lvl 11s at 3000 trophies and I lost both and get kicked out of legendary. Then I played a lvl 8 and lvl 10 and beat both and got back into legendary. I have 4 chests so I'm going to wait a while before playing again to let the trophies even out.

ElyrionX

I run fireball but fireballing them to a sliver of health does not help much when they are behind a tank.

I just got wrecked by a guy who threw down a lava hound from the back and three musketeers when the lava hound reached the bridge. I lost my king tower within the first 30s I think.

commish

Fireball
Princess
Zap
Mini-Pekka
RG
Minions
Skellies
Cannon

Cost: 3.3

My buddy used this deck to get to 3800+ cups as a level 9.

Dude on twitch named wizra runs a really cool hog cycle deck. Off the top of my head I believe it's: spear gobs, fire spirits, skeletons, zap, hog rider, barbs, minions, fireball. I think if you have an ice wizard you'd want to put him in for spear gobs.

TheExodu5

Banned
Fireball
Princess
Zap
Mini-Pekka
RG
Minions
Skellies
Cannon

Heh, I think I saw him on Royale TV 2-3 days ago! Stole his deck! Except I put in minion swarm instead of minion since I was facing so many giant/loon combos.

That's generally how I've been poaching deck ideas at the moment. I check Royale TV and click on people with the lowest level cards that appear in Arena 8. Then you know there's some merit to their deck.

commish

It's hard these days to get value from the swarm, I'm finding. Everyone has princess and/or zap, which really allows them to get a nice elixir advantage most of the time.

spyder_ur

My deck:

Zap, goblins, hog

Fireball
Princess
Zap
Mini-Pekka
RG
Minions
Skellies
Cannon

Dude on twitch named wizra runs a really cool hog cycle deck. Off the top of my head I believe it's: spear gobs, fire spirits, skeletons, zap, hog rider, barbs, minions, fireball. I think if you have an ice wizard you'd want to put him in for spear gobs.

Thanks for these suggestions. I played a few matches with the first one, using elixir, although maybe I don't need it. I found myself vulnerable to inferno. I lost a hundred crowns or so, but no biggie. Gameplay was starting to get stale for me around the 3000 mark.

I'll play around with the other combos too.

It's hard these days to get value from the swarm, I'm finding. Everyone has princess and/or zap, which really allows them to get a nice elixir advantage most of the time.

Yeah, if I get the beat on somebody I'll generally see a counter play of arrows, fireball, zap or princess. All of these render it pretty useless offensively. Therefore if I use minions I just use the 3 version, not swarm.

yatesl

Maybe I'm just sour grapes but I feel that breaking through 2000 is a bit of a pay wall barrier. I get to 1970, and any match 1890+ I'm facing level 9 commons, level 6 rares, and level 3 epics - not to mention all the legendaries.

I think I'll be in arena 6 for a while until I level up my deck a bit. Currently mine is:

7RBJY0p.jpg

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just got to level three, really enjoyng it so far (and I normally hate mobile games). Going to try and join Gaf Royale now as a few of you I know are in that clan already, so if an Elder can see this, please approve me ;-)

Cheers

Ensirius

Balloons absolutely wreck my current deck. I only have Spear Goblins, plus Fireball and/or Zap to counter it. Luckily it doesn't pop up to often.

You can expand that to any air heavy deck I guess, but Minion/Horde is easily taken care of.

Inferno tower + Musketeer + speer goblins is all you need baby

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This whole turtling huts behind your tower is destroying me. All I have for it is arrows, and that doesn't even work well. So I just wait for them to swarm me and get to the next match. :(

commish

This whole turtling huts behind your tower is destroying me. All I have for it is arrows, and that doesn't even work well. So I just wait for them to swarm me and get to the next match. :(

Keep in mind that they won't have elixir available to defend both sides if they are dropping huts on one side. Also consider using something like the bomb tower if you are facing a ton of hut decks.

DrkSage

I need a new deck to reach arena 8 again :( but I don't know what cards to use
I got most of my common on lvl 9, most rares on 6 and epics in lvl 2-3 also got sparky and ice Wiz

yatesl

How do you defend against sparky? I got to arena 7, someone pulled him out and levelled all 3 towers in 2 minutes. I've swapped arrows for zap (still have fireball) but anything else?

spyder_ur

How do you defend against sparky? I got to arena 7, someone pulled him out and levelled all 3 towers in 2 minutes. I've swapped arrows for zap (still have fireball) but anything else?

Don't put units in front of him. Minions on top or smaller units on each side. I have luck with rushing the other side, force them to defend. Then he goes down quick.

DrkSage

If you use tank + sparky, that will probably alone take you to arena 8.

Decided to try double prince + sparky.

Place sparky in one lane and rush the other with double prince and so far it's working....

Edit: And just got beat by a zap, goblins, Hog combo... And they dare say that combo isn't shady as fuck...

dream

Did they up the drop rate of legendaries or something? A few days after pulling an ice wizard from a giant chest, I got a miner from my crown chest.

Is the miner worth playing?

broz0rs

Did they up the drop rate of legendaries or something? A few days after pulling an ice wizard from a giant chest, I got a miner from my crown chest.

Is the miner worth playing?

Imagine a knight that has goblin barrel abilities.

it makes a hog push even more of a pain to deal with

red13th

I'm relieved after dropping trophies.
I was at 2572 after a lucky streak but I felt it was way too high for me, started facing only lv.9s and every player had at least one legendary. Now I'm at 2400-something and I'm playing people closer to what I consider my skill level (and financial level I guess).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm asking as someone who's never tried a MOBA, but keep hearing that this is a lite version of that genre. Is it the structure of the game that's MOBA like? The lanes aspect? Because using a deck seems to blend something like Hearthstone into the whole thing. I guess this is a roundabout way of wondering how MOBAs compare.

hollomat

Banned
I'm asking as someone who's never tried a MOBA, but keep hearing that this is a lite version of that genre. Is it the structure of the game that's MOBA like? The lanes aspect? Because using a deck seems to blend something like Hearthstone into the whole thing. I guess this is a roundabout way of wondering how MOBAs compare.

Not at all like a MOBA. Really the only similarities are that there are lanes and you win by destroying towers.

ElyrionX

It's more RTS than MOBA. In fact I don't think this is anything like MOBA at all.

Top Bottom