• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

chixdiggit

Went from a huge win streak to an absolute plummet in ranking after last update. I couldn't win a match with my favorite load out at all.
It's been fun trying to find a new winning combination any way.

I feel like I've seen a LOT more Ice Wizards in play lately. I know I just got one last week but it seems like I am seeing one at least every other match in the mid 2000s. Out of all the legendary cards I think I've seen Miner the least.
I've seen bucketloads of Legendary cards in the past week or so.

Pretty much 70% of games have people with Legendaries, prior to that maybe 10%.

I don't know if people have gone nuts buying chests with all the new Legendary cards available or what.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I love when somebody drops a Pekka or Golem behind their Crown Tower. I immediately spam every unit I have on a lane and roll over their tower, then I have plenty of elixir to stop their rush as well because they tried defending mine in the meantime.

Every night, I open a Crown Chest and hope for a Legendary. Every night, I get more of the same trash I would never use. No matter how much Elixir Collector you give me, I won't play it, because I have a real human heart instead of a desiccated cherry pit.

Anyway, by the mid 2000s, the percentage of folks with at least one Legendary is off the charts. And it's astonishing how many of them are just terrible. A few minutes ago, I played someone with Level 10 commons, a Sparky, and an Ice Wizard. Absolutely horrible! S/he could have rolled over me in a heartbeat if there had been any rough semblance of a tactic.

ultron87

I feel like this game could be made much more pleasant by limiting it to one building per deck. It'd cut down on the most miserable decks to play against and would make it more difficult for one side to completely turtle up to force a tie/win after getting a single tower. The defense advantage is already so huge, so encouraging offense seems like a good idea.

spyder_ur

I feel like this game could be made much more pleasant by limiting it to one building per deck. It'd cut down on the most miserable decks to play against and would make it more difficult for one side to completely turtle up to force a tie/win after getting a single tower. The defense advantage is already so huge, so encouraging offense seems like a good idea.

Yeah, I hate decks with multiple defensive buildings. I don't do too bad against hut decks (slow push with ice wiz and princess kind of takes care of them if I threaten the other side), but if someone has two defensive buildings and rockets/fireball I find myself kind of lost.

Overall, I would love the game to add more modes, including some mode where you can experiment (outside of friendly battles) with different decks without losing crowns. I'd also love a super elixir mode where it charges twice as fast or something, or where you can store more than 10.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Overall, I would love the game to add more modes, including some mode where you can experiment (outside of friendly battles) with different decks without losing crowns. I'd also love a super elixir mode where it charges twice as fast or something, or where you can store more than 10.

An unranked mode is inevitable and would increase my enjoyment of the game tremendously. I want to work on new decks, and I do with guild battles, but I feel penalized by experimenting in ranked mode. Of course, cups really aren't that important, so I should just get over it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Not caring whether I win or lose, and not caring where I stand in the arena rankings has been a very liberating way to play this game. That said, it would still be nice if the game didn't match me against nearly identical decks that are nearly impossible for me to win against 3 times in a row. Would be real swell actually.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've been running up the side of 1000 Hill for three weeks straight, making it to the top and sliding back down to 900 over and over. I guess it's because I won't change my deck but I love it now, wouldn't want to change a thing. I have so much gold now because I can't upgrade the things I want, too.

Up to 1070 trophys:) Draw twice in Arena 4... wting to get gold chest + 2 free chests when I come back home and let's get to low Arena 4 and Hope I can unlock something good!

Arena 4 is key:) Asking 2 rares is great and I can donated morE!

currently using:

Barb lvl 5
Mini-Pek lvl 3
Musketeer lvl 3
spear and gob lvl 5
minions+arrows lvl 5
Baby Dragon

Might switch my deck soon...

but Baby Dragon + Mini-Pekka will be there until way later:)

JoeNut

I'm in and out of arena 7 like a yoyo at the moment. Need my RG to level I think. Everyone welcome in Neogaf Elite btw 👍

Brakke

Banned
Yeah I hate hut/turret-heavy decks. I win against them more often that I lose, but almost every single time the game ends by timing out with only one tower killed by either side. Just such a slog.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a good deck to use for the Miner?

Miner
Mirror
Goblin Barrel
Fire Spirits
Musketeer
Knight
Arrows
Giant

Is what I'm rolling with right now after some tweaking. Lost 3 in a row with various decks until this one. Despite being able to get to Towers directly, I had trouble finishing them off without the Giant, maybe I should be using zap or freeze?

Nekki

I've been running this deck lately and had not that much trouble (swapped Goblins for Tesla because i kept being abused by huts)

OZjA3bK.jpg

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Miner
Mirror
Goblin Barrel
Fire Spirits
Musketeer
Knight
Arrows
Giant

Is what I'm rolling with right now after some tweaking. Lost 3 in a row with various decks until this one. Despite being able to get to Towers directly, I had trouble finishing them off without the Giant, maybe I should be using zap or freeze?
I faced a deck earlier that just pushed with giant or barbarians while playing miner at the same time. Don't know if it will work against all decks but it completely destroyed my deck.

Sushen

Not caring whether I win or lose, and not caring where I stand in the arena rankings has been a very liberating way to play this game. That said, it would still be nice if the game didn't match me against nearly identical decks that are nearly impossible for me to win against 3 times in a row. Would be real swell actually.
I also wish unranked games so that I can play just for fun, although I doubt it because that's how they push people to spend out of frustration probably.

Since the launch, all low-mid Arena's are cloaked up with unusually high level cards, and everyone is struggling at where they are stuck at. In a few months, everyone above Arena 2 will be running 8+ level cards and it's not gonna be funny.

ultron87

Sparky mirrors are kinda dumb and random, but the moment where two Sparkies are rolling at each other is so exciting. If both players have Zap it's a game of chicken where the first player to Zap wins if they time time it right, but if the other player responds before the Sparky shoots they'll win.

JoeNut

Miner
Mirror
Goblin Barrel
Fire Spirits
Musketeer
Knight
Arrows
Giant

Chief pat has a youtube vid on miner + Mirror

hollomat

Banned
Sparky seems to be the one card that my deck can't counter at all. I only see it about once every 10 games, but it's an almost instant loss. I run minion horde, but it's always paired with wizard or fire spirits. Saw a guy pair it with furnace too and that worked pretty well for him.

commish

Sparky seems to be the one card that my deck can't counter at all. I only see it about once every 10 games, but it's an almost instant loss. I run minion horde, but it's always paired with wizard or fire spirits. Saw a guy pair it with furnace too and that worked pretty well for him.

All I do, every time, is rush the other side, then do a barbarian drop where they split up, one on each side of the sparky. That usually does it. If you don't rush the other side and make him defend, you're going to get a tank in front of that sparky with a wizard behind, and it's gg.

hollomat

Banned
All I do, every time, is rush the other side, then do a barbarian drop where they split up, one on each side of the sparky. That usually does it. If you don't rush the other side and make him defend, you're going to get a tank in front of that sparky with a wizard behind, and it's gg.

I have to get better at the bar drop. Anytime I do it they always seem to all drop on one side and get immediately wiped out.

hollomat

Banned
How big are the other NeoGAF clans?

NeoGAF elite is sitting at roughly 30/50.

GAF (#QYYQCQ) is at 48/50 but there hasn't been a kick for non active members in two weeks. So we're probably closer to 38/50 after they get kicked.

Might make sense to do a consolidation of the Neogaf clans soon. Although figuring out which clans will absorb which will be tricky.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wish there was a way to play against bots to practice new deck arrangements. I just got a miner - my first legendary - and I want to try it out but don't want to risk losing lots of matches while I figure out if I like it or not.

commish

I wish there was a way to play against bots to practice new deck arrangements. I just got a miner - my first legendary - and I want to try it out but don't want to risk losing lots of matches while I figure out if I like it or not.

You can play against bots. Just play the trainer. The trainer sucks but it's all we have.

Try a friendly battle within your clan.

nampad

Miner
Mirror
Goblin Barrel
Fire Spirits
Musketeer
Knight
Arrows
Giant

Saw a Miner deck from Molt on youtube.
His strategy was sending the miner in as a tank and let the minion horde do the damage. If the opponent has no arrows but only zap, it works out fine.

How do you guys deal with the Mexican stand off at match start, I have been starting first almost every game but sometimes with no low elixir cards in the first draw I get wrecked on a big push on other lane, so decided to try to wait, and dammit people just sit there with the timer winding down. There seems to be a perception that first move has a disadvantage and if that's true where is my one elixir bonus for going first!

First move does have the disadvantage.

The only way they get the advantage are those instant pushes at the start of matches which can catch people off guard. Placing something more expensive also lets you wait out and potentially get your opponent to waste unspent Elixir waiting for whatever support your big card will get.

Yeah figures
If I have a two elixir goblin I can place it in the bottom middle and split but if I don't, it sucks to put down literally anything else and watch them counter it and start ahead, some games are so even, its enough to be screwed from the get go.

So I started playing with 3 friends between 3 and 4 months ago. We've all been playing enough to obtain the maximum amount of chests a day.
Now we got the first super magical chest.
So based on this(small) sample size, when you play as active as possible you'll get a super magical chest every 9-12 months.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I started playing with 3 friends between 3 and 4 months ago. We've all been playing enough to obtain the maximum amount of chests a day.
So based on this(small) sample size, when you play as active as possible you'll get a super magical chest every 9-12 months.

I've gotten two of them since I started not that long ago.

How do you guys deal with the Mexican stand off at match start, I have been starting first almost every game but sometimes with no low elixir cards in the first draw I get wrecked on a big push on other lane, so decided to try to wait, and dammit people just sit there with the timer winding down. There seems to be a perception that first move has a disadvantage and if that's true where is my one elixir bonus for going first!
I always play a slow moving unit like Valkyrie or musketeer as soon as I get to 10 elixir, sometimes people will wait a second or three to respond, in which case I already have 1 to 2 elixir advantage. I never waste elixir, I always play something as soon as the gauge reaches 10 no matter what.

My first move is just a shot across the bow to see what they have. Then I decide whether to drop a ranged troop behind the Valkyrie and have her tank or set up a defense on the opposite lane and let her go down on her own.

djp6

Super magical chests are random and can replace and chest in your current cycle, there has been some talk on the clash royals sub reddit that it has a sub 0.1% of appearing

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2 games in a row just now I won in overtime by throwing a balloon down and then throwing out predictive arrows after I knew my opponent was saving his mini horde to stop it, then freezing his tower while he just ate 1500 damage. That shit feels gooooood.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Yeah figures
If I have a two elixir goblin I can place it in the bottom middle and split but if I don't, it sucks to put down literally anything else and watch them counter it and start ahead, some games are so even, its enough to be screwed from the get go.
Why would you send goblins alone? Splitting them is even worse......

hollomat

Banned
Super magical is 1/500 chance of appearing or 0.2%. Used to be 1/1000 but they changed it in the update that the beginning of the month.

Top Bottom