• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Dazzler

I love how they refuse to nerf Legendaries. Gotta keep those P2W players happy! (Someday, maybe by 2000 wins, I'm sure I'll land a Legendary. Until then: fuck you all.)

Got mine in a crown chest..

My ice wiz feels op sometimes to be honest, it's capable of halting massive pushes on its own

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I love how they refuse to nerf Legendaries. Gotta keep those P2W players happy! (Someday, maybe by 2000 wins, I'm sure I'll land a Legendary. Until then: fuck you all.)
That's why as a Lava Hound player (got mine in a crown chest hehe), I'm happy each time they buff it because I know there's little chance they'll ever nerf it.

Maximus P

Legendries are exactly where they should be, theyre rare cards so should be great cards to use.

I have a sparky and princess and I haven't played the sparky for 2 weeks now.Sparky is such an easy card to counter and most experienced players know how to handle them. I was losing more games then winning so I dumped it.

I always keep princess in all of my decks, but she's easily countered too. Tbh...id prefer to see a legendary card appear from my enemy then something like a Royal Giant or an effective Hog/freeze combo.

Am i the only one who uses valk hog beam. But the valk behind the bridge and than right after the hog. It will push the valk to the tower.

No legendary card here, but i would only like ice wiz. Such an overpowered card.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Am i the only one who uses valk hog beam. But the valk behind the bridge and than right after the hog. It will push the valk to the tower.

I wasn't sure what you meant but tried it out. Wow. Works with the Knight too.

I don't have Hog in my deck and I think this would take a little practice to execute under pressure but seems like an interesting exploit to consider.

zoukka

Miner is the OP flavour of the month. Counters Princess and elixir pump, both of which are in most top tier decks. Not to mention it's never wasted as chip damage to towers.

Royal Giant doesn't need a nerf since the buffs to Pekka and Knight are direct nerfs to both giants.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2 days in a row I got to Royal arena and promptly went on a 7 game losing skid to get knocked faaaar back down. I think I've found my pay to win ceiling.

JoeNut

So are all the Neogaf clans full of people who don't enjoy the game and talk about conspiracy theories all day or is it just ours?

Mistouze

So are all the Neogaf clans full of people who don't enjoy the game and talk about conspiracy theories all day or is it just ours?
In the GAF clan I just think it's nampad talking conspiracies after a losing streak. Rest of the time I feel like it's mainly strats discussion with Hollomat, Agent, Nampad acting as regulars.

JoeNut

I'm not really sure I understand why many of our members are still playing, but I'm getting really bored of everyone complaining about the game they log onto 30 times a day

Maximus P

I'm not really sure I understand why many of our members are still playing, but I'm getting really bored of everyone complaining about the game they log onto 30 times a day

Kick them then if it bothers you so much...

Or leave and join another clan.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Legendries are exactly where they should be, theyre rare cards so should be great cards to use.

I have a sparky and princess and I haven't played the sparky for 2 weeks now.Sparky is such an easy card to counter and most experienced players know how to handle them. I was losing more games then winning so I dumped it.

I always keep princess in all of my decks, but she's easily countered too. Tbh...id prefer to see a legendary card appear from my enemy then something like a Royal Giant or an effective Hog/freeze combo.

How is sparky easy to counter? If you don't have zap in your deck you end up having to sacrifice a unit to use up the charge and then get in quick with another unit before it charges up again

And usually they aren't used solo so other units stop you getting damage in there - giant in front of sparky is a nightmare for me

hollomat

Banned
In the GAF clan I just think it's nampad talking conspiracies after a losing streak. Rest of the time I feel like it's mainly strats discussion with Hollomat, Agent, Nampad acting as regulars.

Yeah, as mistouze said there aren't too many people complaining in our clan. Lots of good discussion though!

How is sparky easy to counter? If you don't have zap in your deck you end up having to sacrifice a unit to use up the charge and then get in quick with another unit before it charges up again

And usually they aren't used solo so other units stop you getting damage in there - giant in front of sparky is a nightmare for me

I don't run zap at all and find sparky very easy to counter. When they put sparky behind their tower I start pushing the other lane. Then they have to counter me instead of putting troops behind sparky or they lose their tower.

If they put giant in front of sparky, I drop barbs on sparky. If you drop them directly on top, all 4 land in different corners and sparky only kills ones. Normally though they will counter my push instead of putting units behind sparky and I drop minion horde on the in defended sparky.

Maximus P

2 slow moving troops costing 12 Elixir on one side? Yes please.

Just rush the other lane with everything you have, you'll flatten your opponent before they cross the bridge.

I dropped 250 trophys this morning:( Decided to not bring my tablet and take 2 min walk for free wifi during lunch.

Tryed some new deck...and bang I suck lolll

I see every1 running barbarians...i am absolutely terriblle with them:(

My best success was a basic Hog-Poison deck...got 1890 trophys with it.

I don't know what card to request....

I can upgrade all commons to lvl 7...and most rare to lvl 4-5...My epics are lvl 2...

Anybody can suggest me a new deck? Never tryed hut or siege deck...

Anyway i'm stuck in low lvl arena 6 for a While util I upgraded some stuff:(

Jesus super cell, all these buff and nerfs to all these cards, and yet Sparky is left untouched........

Gaf has a clan? would love to come and help out.

Hustler

Just requested to join a NeoGAF clan. I picked up the game just this week and I am playing in Arena 3 at the moment. Love the game so far,

zoukka

Sparky can be countered with the right cards, but if you mess up you lose 3 crowns every time. That's what makes it so terrifying compared to Giants, Golems and such.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sorry Joe I'll stop bitching so much in the clan chat. I just thought it was kinda insane that the exact same thing happened to me 2 days in a row in the exact same way. 7 games each time too. I'l never ever had streaks that long ever in all my time playing until poking my nose in arena 7.

Mistouze

I see every1 running barbarians...i am absolutely terriblle with them:(
Well they're kinda the best common ground unit. Best counters are Valkyrie/bomb skeleton.

Fire spirits can do a number on them but depending on the angle of attack you might end up only hurting two of them.

Obviously, air units can deal with them and survive. Baby Dragon/Minion/minion horde work well.

This Witch buff has helped me tremendously.

I'm so close to 3000 I can smell it.

I've actually played in the legendary arena twice around 2900 but I've lost both times. :(

Deck is currently (and has been for about 6 weeks now):

-(7)Giant
-(1)Ice Wizard
-(3)Witch
-(9)Minion Horde
-(3)Skeleton Army
-(9)Fire Spirits
-(6)Fireball
-(9)Arrows

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
2 slow moving troops costing 12 Elixir on one side? Yes please.

Just rush the other lane with everything you have, you'll flatten your opponent before they cross the bridge.

I rush the other side but make sure I have 7 mana saved up for when sparky and giant cross the bridge. Then I drop goblins to to either take the hit, or split around the sparky, and then I drop barbs. I can usually take the sparky and giant out while only losing a few hundred HP while doing much, much more damage with my initial counter push. I've found dropping goblins to be preferable to using zap because if you are good enough (i.e., get lucky enough), you'll split the goblins around the sparky and they can start damaging it. And if not, then it accomplished the same thing as a zap anyway.

Dunlop

Jesus super cell, all these buff and nerfs to all these cards, and yet Sparky is left untouched.........

I can't believe they still allow hut cards to exist in their current form, or rather buffed one of them (I'm leveling up my kids account lol). A fireball of equal level should kill each of them, they are way to powerful for the energy cost.

I can't believe they still allow hut cards to exist in their current form, or rather buffed one of them (I'm leveling up my kids account lol). A fireball of equal level should kill each of them, they are way to powerful for the energy cost.

Once I hit Arena 7 I realized that a fireball on a single hut deck is a waste most of the time. usually it's better to just attack the lane that doesn't have a hut in it as best as possible.

Same thing with Elixers. I used to fireball them right off the bat, but that always ended up getting me screwed over later.

Dunlop

Once I hit Arena 7 I realized that a fireball on a single hut deck is a waste most of the time. usually it's better to just attack the lane that doesn't have a hut in it as best as possible.

Same thing with Elixers. I used to fireball them right off the bat, but that always ended up getting me screwed over later.

Agree, I'm referring to the lower levels (my son is in arena 3) the cost for what you get is ridiculous without any great counters.
They should be much easier to take out to avoid the minute to go warning with 4 huts in a lane just completely overwhelming you

Just unlocked Balloons. I heard Giants/Balloons is a good deck to ladder with. Any one have a list?

Honestly, I used a Hut deck to go from 1000 to 2200.

Barb Hut
Gob Hut
Elixer
Giant
Archers
Arrows
Fireball/Rocket
Bomber/Rage

It always took a while to get going, and sometimes I would sacrifice a tower so I could build up my momentum on the other side, but I got a ton of 3 crown victories from it.

Basically until I started seeing poison on a regular basis.

LiQuid!

Just unlocked Balloons. I heard Giants/Balloons is a good deck to ladder with. Any one have a list?

I dunno how balloon is at lower level but mine is level 3 now and it kills a tower in 3 hits. My deck right now is:

Giant
Balloon
Barbarian
Mini Horde
Archer
Spear Gob
Cannon
Arrows

And I'm hovering around 2k trophies but I used this deck to get up from around 1300.

Been thinking about swapping my spear gobs or archers for regular ass gobs for some extra dps.

Durden77

Any room on any GAF clans? My little local clan of 5 is falling apart.

My IGN is Bawlsaq

Edit : sent a request to NeoGAF which has 48/50 members. In now, thanks!

I dunno how balloon is at lower level but mine is level 3 now and it kills a tower in 3 hits. My deck right now is:

Giant
Balloon
Barbarian
Mini Horde
Archer
Spear Gob
Cannon
Arrows

And I'm hovering around 2k trophies but I used this deck to get up from around 1300.

Been thinking about swapping my spear gobs or archers for regular ass gobs for some extra dps.

I had something similar and I swapped out my spear goblins for fire spirits and my win rates went up like crazy.

I fucking love those little guys now.

Plus, they're a great throwaway card. If you have them leveled up enough they can survive a hit from a tower, which means 2 of the 3 will make it to the tower and do damage all by themselves.

Durden77

I had something similar and I swapped out my spear goblins for fire spirits and my win rates went up like crazy.

I fucking love those little guys now.

Plus, they're a great throwaway card. If you have them leveled up enough they can survive a hit from a tower, which means 2 of the 3 will make it to the tower and do damage all by themselves.

Fire spirts fucking own. Been using them since their buff with ballon and they're the best. Seems like more people are catching on to them now and using them behind hog riders and other shit.

Putting a balloon out with fire spirts trailing them and having them eat up minions immediately is the best thing. They're also really useful against barbarians.

Future

2 days in a row I got to Royal arena and promptly went on a 7 game losing skid to get knocked faaaar back down. I think I've found my pay to win ceiling.

You should be able to stay in royal if you are lvl 8 with lvl 8 commons and lvl 5-6 rares. Getting out of royal is my paywall, since it takes forever to upgrade cards now. I'm guessing once my rares get to 7 and my commons to 9 I'll start to slide out

Future

Yeah I love it when people fireball huts. It means they can't fireball my barbarians

Princess and bomb tower are still hit deck runners though

Hut Decks are easily countered tbh. I run one myself but bomb Towers, bomber, wiz, ice wiz are pretty much hard Counters. A good hog rush deck will also give you trouble since you can't get enough momentum going. Still fun to play though.

Agent

Hey guys you got two slots left for the GAF clan. Please add me and Durden. Pretty please :D

GAF (#QYYQCQ) has 7 open spaces, feel free to send a request to join (mention you are from GAF in the request). Note, we have a 1800 minimum trophy limit setup to cut down on the spam requests. If you are below that just let us know and it will be dropped it so you can get in.

UFO

Banned
eMNqZjy.png

Vm1dOBE.png

4MErYTQ.png

I guess its time for another "random" extended losing streak when your fireballs hit the target but don't do any damage.

Durden77

Do legendaries only show up in the shop once you're in legendary arena or just when you get to the arena that has them? Because I haven't seen 1 yet and I'm in builder's arena.

Also how much do they usually cost?

hollomat

Banned
Do legendaries only show up in the shop once you're in legendary arena or just when you get to the arena that has them? Because I haven't seen 1 yet and I'm in builder's arena.

Also how much do they usually cost?

Only legendary arena and they cost $40k unfortunately.

Top Bottom