• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Sparky can be countered with the right cards, but if you mess up you lose 3 crowns every time. That's what makes it so terrifying compared to Giants, Golems and such.

It feels amazing to win against Sparky decks, but the fail state is insane. Honestly feel like crying when I see big push with Sparky behind.

broz0rs

Today was the first day I ever played the game where nobody bm'ed and most people were emoting good game at the end. I guess people are that satisfied with the hogrider and cannon nerfs? lol

nampad

Today was the first day I ever played the game where nobody bm'ed and most people were emoting good game at the end. I guess people are that satisfied with the hogrider and cannon nerfs? lol

It's just you...got emote spammed all day on all of my 3 accounts.

When you lose to a guy who runs princess, Sparky and miner, and then spams crying emote.

I sometimes get pissed, but then I remember he's probably 12.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright guys, this is the THIRD day in a row, starting from being fresh into arena 7 where I have gone on a 7 game losing streak to start the day. If anybody is in denial that there is matchmaking shenanigans at play in this game you're out of your god damned mind.

Maximus P

It's just you...got emote spammed all day on all of my 3 accounts.

Hey..according to Supercell, this is just a friendly way of letting you know your facing a real opponent.You had better spam laughing kings back at them to show them that you're real too!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Alright guys, this is the THIRD day in a row, starting from being fresh into arena 7 where I have gone on a 7 game losing streak to start the day. If anybody is in denial that there is matchmaking shenanigans at play in this game you're out of your god damned mind.

I still claim zero matchmaking shenanigans. I've probably played 80 games in the last 3 days myself and haven't seen any matchmaking problems.

That being said, this latest patch has seemingly inadvertently nerfed my deck. None of my cards were touched, which means a lot of other people's cards were buffed. Since the patch I'm struggling against decks and strategies I more easily dispatched before. My week to week climb has stalled and I'm sitting a couple of hundred trophies under my high watermark and stalled.

Funnily enough, I never had problems with hog decks before, but somehow I am worse against them, even though hog was nerfed.

I have a fairly middle of the road deck which is maybe the problem. Under the latest patch a better play might be going all in on a particular strategy. Giant balloon seems to be pretty powerful and common now which can catch you off guard.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I still claim zero matchmaking shenanigans. I've probably played 80 games in the last 3 days myself and haven't seen any matchmaking problems.

I'm glad you're having a good time. This game is hell bent on not allowing me to open a crown chest in arena 7.

j-wood

I can't do this anymore. FUCK this bullshit game.

I've been stuck in arena 3 for almost a month. I have every card except for rage and lightning spell. I constantly get up to around 1050 trophies, and start facing people that have shit that I don't have, and even though i take one of their towers first, they somehow are able to just summon a horde of everything with 20 seconds left and wipe all of my towers. Has happened more times than I can count. Fuck this bullshit, if I keep playing I'm going to end up throwing my phone across a room.

Then I get knocked back down to 900ish trophies and the bullshit cycle starts all over again.

LFG

Neophyte

I've been stuck in arena 3 for almost a month. I have every card except for rage and lightning spell. I constantly get up to around 1050 trophies, and start facing people that have shit that I don't have, and even though i take one of their towers first, they somehow are able to just summon a horde of everything with 20 seconds left and wipe all of my towers. Has happened more times than I can count. Fuck this bullshit, if I keep playing I'm going to end up throwing my phone across a room.

Then I get knocked back down to 900ish trophies and the bullshit cycle starts all over again.

I'm in the same boat. I made it to arena 4 for a couple games, but quickly got bumped back down to 800 something trophies. I'm in a small clan of friends and haven't spent any money. I'll probably be in 3 for a while. Oh well.

LiQuid!

I can't imagine how problematic it is in a small clan of friends in this game. Without the ability to donate mass quantities of cards over the last couple of months I'm sure I'd be bitching about being stuck in arena 3 right now instead of arena 6.

Shadous

Neo Member

I went through the exact same thing and it drove me crazy. It took a few games against people who didn't quite know what to do with their better units to put me over the hurdle. My deck I'm using now is only a bit different than the one I had then, so maybe give it a try? Gobs and spear gobs, witch, baby dragon, arrows and musketeer was I think the core. It was a lot of bringing the opponents in deep on your side and spreading them out with the goblins, then pushing with the counter attack. In any case, good luck to you!

UFO

Banned
Giant balloon seems to be pretty powerful and common now which can catch you off guard.

You're not kidding, Im getting a lot of double high HP combo now. Giant/ Gaint Skeleton, Giant/Balloon, Giant/ Lava Hound, Balloon/Lava Hound.

Yeah nothing catches me off guard more than an enemy opening with Giant Balloon.

I don't think I'll ever reach legendary. I'm always around 2900. People start playing with commons that have 1 or 2 levels more than mine. I mostly request rares though.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
They want you to pay.

As counter intuitive as it might seem, this sort of play throttling mechanic and related stuff like energy systems is also as much as metering out your play and having you play more in aggregate and for longer as they are about pressure to pay.

People do burn out on content much faster with free access to it.

hollomat

Banned
Yeah nothing catches me off guard more than an enemy opening with Giant Balloon.

I don't think I'll ever reach legendary. I'm always around 2900. People start playing with commons that have 1 or 2 levels more than mine. I mostly request rares though.

I've found commons are so much easier to level and more beneficial. Getting a common from 10 to 11 is 1000 cards which takes just as long as getting a rare from 6 to 7. However a lvl 11 common overpowers a lvl 7 rare.

None of my rares are above lvl 6, but I have 1 common at lvl 11 and 2 commons at lvl 10. Managed to make it to over 3600 trophies before the reset.

UFO

Banned
I've found commons are so much easier to level and more beneficial. Getting a common from 10 to 11 is 1000 cards which takes just as long as getting a rare from 6 to 7. However a lvl 11 common overpowers a lvl 7 rare.

None of my rares are above lvl 6, but I have 1 common at lvl 11 and 2 commons at lvl 10. Managed to make it to over 3600 trophies before the reset.

Interesting, what deck do you run?

hollomat

Banned
Interesting, what deck do you run?

Royal giant lvl 11
Barbarians lvl 10
Spear goblins lvl 10
Elixir collector lvl 6
Princess lvl 2
Ice wizard lvl 2
Arrows lvl 9
Minion horde lvl 9

And my crown tower lvl is 10. Got lucky with legendary drops from chests and I bought the ice wizards from the shop.

Before I had ice wizard in I was using a lvl 3 baby dragon who worked well. Wizard would also work there.

JoeNut

Damn someone just played lava hound and 3 muskateers against me, I pushed the other lane with sparky and Muskateer but he was through with my main tower when I still had about 1000hp on his.

Not many people out damage me, that's a brave play

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Damn someone just played lava hound and 3 muskateers against me, I pushed the other lane with sparky and Muskateer but he was through with my main tower when I still had about 1000hp on his.

Not many people out damage me, that's a brave play
Damn, don't know what I'd do against that... Leave the Hound alone and drop barbs on the three musks when they're in range?

broz0rs

I got schooled at a game today where my opponent dropped a Lava Hound on my lane once I played my Giant. That effectively drew all the attention away from my ranged units in attacking the tower to the passing Lava Hound, leaving the Giant to die by the tower. I could have countered this by not revealing I had a Giant card, but I couldn't resist after seeing an elixir pump dropped. From that moment on, my opponent only dropped the Lava Hound when I had my Giant in play. SO SMART. It's an eye-opening play and made me respect the Lava Hound a lot more.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Is matchmaking based on your trophies?

Because if so the game actually punishes you for playing with no chest slots open. That's dumb.

Yes.

And, yes and no. More like the game rewards you less for playing with no slots open. You still can grind gold. And you can use the time to try to get up into the next arena level.

The only time it's "bad" to play with full slots is when you are at risk of dropping down an arena level and struggle to get back up in time. That's why if I go up an arena level with full slots, I stop and wait for a slot to open up because while there is a high chance of slipping back down, I might manage to grab the more valuable chest on the way.

MadmanUK

Since the update I seem to be pitched against the ice wiz in pretty much every game. It's nigh on impossible to push with a royal giant when they use it combined with a cannon or tower.

Agent

From the Clash Royale Twitter:

Clash Royale ‏@ClashRoyale 1h1 hour ago
Just a little something we're working on...

ClooxErWMAAA4xw.jpg

Looks like Tournaments are coming soon. It would be fun to have a GAF tournament. We could do one now, but it is a bit annoying to set it up with the clan system the way it is. Hopefully this would make it easier to setup and manage.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
From the Clash Royale Twitter:

Looks like Tournaments are coming soon. It would be fun to have a GAF tournament. We could do one now, but it is a bit annoying to set it up with the clan system the way it is. Hopefully this would make it easier to setup and manage.
That would be cool yeah. Hopefully it'll possible to set up something with more than 2 clans.

Farmboy

In a tournament in my clan, where we get to adjust our decks between rounds. Been smooth sailing so far but now I'm loosing to a deck that consists of:

Giant
Minion Horde
Wizard (fire)
Musketeer
Poison
Barbarians
Witch
Hog rider

I had success with canon, princess, pump, inferno, hog rider, zap, fireball, kobolds. But for some reason the above deck is my Achilles heel despite its costly cards.

So I though I'd crowdsource the answer :) Note that Princess is my only legendary but I have all the other cards and most are at least reasonably leveled. Am thinking a balloon-combo might be good due to him not having any towers?

Help!

LiQuid!

-200 trophies today and all I have to show for it are 3 silver chests. One of these has an ice wiz in it right?

Anyways, hope someone was keeping a seat warm for me in arena 5 cause I have a feeling next time I play I'm getting demoted some more.

Gaspode_T

Hey, we had bunch of people who weren't donating anything in "NeoGAF Gold" so starting to kick out some of them.

Actually the leader doesn't seem to be around for past couple weeks - so the idea of making a new clan has popped up, let's see if this works for now...

There are 3 slots open, will make some more by kicking more people soon...

Agent

Hey, we had bunch of people who weren't donating anything in "NeoGAF Gold" so starting to kick out some of them.

Actually the leader doesn't seem to be around for past couple weeks - so the idea of making a new clan has popped up, let's see if this works for now...

There are 3 slots open, will make some more by kicking more people soon...

Looking at all the GAF clans it may not be a bad idea to think about consolidating. I see a lot that had 0 donations. It would be better to put have all the active people together as it only helps everyone. Inactivity in regards to donations and requests hurts everyone.

Hopefully the next update will make it easier to see who is active and who is not. It is tough to do much without knowing who is still playing. You don't want to kick people who are away for a week on vacation or very busy. If someone hasn't been active in 2+ weeks, then it would probably be safe to boot them; but you don't really knows that unless manually tracking.

Stantron

Hey all. Looking for some advice.
I've started playing about 3 weeks ago.
I just made it to King lvl 6 and I've been in Arena 3 for a while.
My deck that I've been mostly sticking to is currently:
Level 6 knight, bomber, spear goblins and arrows.
Level 4 giant and musketeer; and
Level 1 baby dragon and skeleton army.

My epic sunday shop has both baby dragon and skeleton army for 2000 gold each,
which would bump them both to level 2 (along with 400 gold upgrade costs).
I have ~4200 gold atm. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to spend on one or
the other; both, or if it's maybe more efficient to spend gold on other things.

LiQuid!

I'd save your money. Not really worth dropping 2k gold at lower levels for epics if they are ones you already have. The value for leveling them up from 1 to 2 is minimal. Spend your cash on epics you don't have yet to expand your deck options, or save it for leveling up your commons and rares because that will start to get really expensive in the next couple levels.

zoukka

In a tournament in my clan, where we get to adjust our decks between rounds. Been smooth sailing so far but now I'm loosing to a deck that consists of:

Giant
Minion Horde
Wizard (fire)
Musketeer
Poison
Barbarians
Witch
Hog rider

I had success with canon, princess, pump, inferno, hog rider, zap, fireball, kobolds. But for some reason the above deck is my Achilles heel despite its costly cards.

So I though I'd crowdsource the answer :) Note that Princess is my only legendary but I have all the other cards and most are at least reasonably leveled. Am thinking a balloon-combo might be good due to him not having any towers?

Help!

That deck is super costly. You should be able to punish him after he attacks and you counter him followed by cheap units. Or play a pump.

Top Bottom