• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
if I were to spent $50

should I buy a magical chest+30k gold

or 100k gold+I don't know, magical chest?

Just buy gold and more gold. Don't buy any of the chests, especially not giant chests.

You're in legendary arena, so you should just use that gold to buy whatever legendaries you need from the shop and upgrading your troops.

But if I was you, I wouldn't spend any money at all. You're already in legendary arena so spending cash will only push you from 3100 to 3300 or 3400. But there's really no gain in being there over 3100.

Agent

if I were to spent $50

should I buy a magical chest+30k gold

or 100k gold+I don't know, magical chest?

I would say gold all the way if you've decided to spend money. It gives you the flexibility to upgrade troops or get a legendary from the shop when they appear.

There really isn't a point anymore to buy Magical/Super Magical chest with the legendary cards able to be purchased. If you want a chest, the best value is the Giant chest to upgrade common cards.

With $50 you can get about 15 of the giant chests, which give you almost 1.5k with each chest. That's 22.5k gold right there if you open all of them, plus you'll make huge progress with the leveling of your commons. That's what I would do

Oh yeah, i should mention I'm in Arena 8~

Just buy gold and more gold. Don't buy any of the chests, especially not giant chests.

You're in legendary arena, so you should just use that gold to buy whatever legendaries you need from the shop and upgrading your troops.

But if I was you, I wouldn't spend any money at all. You're already in legendary arena so spending cash will only push you from 3100 to 3300 or 3400. But there's really no gain in being there over 3100.

But...I want to be a winner!

I would say gold all the way if you've decided to spend money. It gives you the flexibility to upgrade troops or get a legendary from the shop when they appear.

There really isn't a point anymore to buy Magical/Super Magical chest with the legendary cards able to be purchased. If you want a chest, the best value is the Giant chest to upgrade common cards.

Good point~

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow those changes...

I didn't use hog rider... so nerf is awesome.

I use prince nonstop... and he's buffed?! And skeletons nerfed? Thx supercell!

But really, the buff to Pekka is the real game changer. I predict Pekka is the new meta.

DrkSage

Wow those changes...

But really, the buff to Pekka is the real game changer. I predict Pekka is the new meta.

Prince buff and pekka buff.

The 4Ps just made a comback. Prince, D.Prince, pekka and princess are going to Be on the meta again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not psyched about the Witch buff as she gives me problems, but none of my current cards were touched.

Also, buffing big power units, then nerfing Skeletons could be a problem.

broz0rs

That Pekka buff is a huge Barb nerf. One shots them now. Everyone's going to switch back to Double Prince and Pekka :(

Bomb Tower is going to be so important to fight them.

UFO

Banned
Wow those changes...

They're still going to be easy to distract, thats what makes hogs so powerful. Unless you can drop a building hogs are almost guaranteed 300+ damage.

DrkSage

Hog nerf, Prince buff, pekka buff....

My lvl 3 prince, D.Prince and Pekka are ready.... I'm ready
hx5ZFD.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'd say a good 90% of the decks I play against has a hog rider in it. I'm not even that afraid of it tbh as it's so predictable and easy to deal with. If anything the nerf will make my opponents use him less, which could end up being bad in the long run.

I'd say a good 90% of the decks I play against has a hog rider in it. I'm not even that afraid of it tbh as it's so predictable and easy to deal with. If anything the nerf will make my opponents use him less, which could end up being bad in the long run.

It's just going to push more people to Royal Giants as that guaranteed damage unit.

yatesl

I'm a monster who uses RG & Hog, so this hurts me.

That skele nerf though, wow. In one patch they get rid of the Hog + Skele push

JackDT

This is one game I'm never tempted to spend any money on. All it would do is raise my set point on the ladder -- instead of hitting a wall at X trophies, I'll just hit a new wall at +300 trophies higher.

Since there's no chance of me dropping $10,000 to max out the cards... why spend even a penny to just raise the point at which I hit a wall?

The only reason I might spend something might be to hit the tournament cap on cards, if they ever integrate tournies into the game.

Contrast this with Hearthstone where you can at least make perfect 1 for 1 top tier decks -- some of theme are even really cheap at least than 2000 dust.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is one game I'm never tempted to spend any money on. All it would do is raise my set point on the ladder -- instead of hitting a wall at X trophies, I'll just hit a new wall at +300 trophies higher.

Since there's no chance of me dropping $10,000 to max out the cards... why spend even a penny to just raise the point at which I hit a wall?

The only reason I might spend something might be to hit the tournament cap on cards, if they ever integrate tournies into the game.

Contrast this with Hearthstone where you can at least make perfect 1 for 1 top tier decks -- some of theme are even really cheap at least than 2000 dust.

The main reason to spend money, up to a certain point, is to give yourself more flexibility in what deck to use. It'd be really hard to upgrade everything w/o spending money (not that I have everything upgraded). My F2P clanmates are more limited in what decks they can build, so as the meta shifts, they are sometimes caught flatfooted (e.g., they spent all their gold upgrading the mortar). I 100000% agree that it's pointless to spend if your goal is to reach the top ranks. You'll never make it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've spent $1.39 on this game, and that was just free money I had from doing surveys. I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage in Arena 7 atm, and have no desire to spend more.

Starting out now however would be tough when you reach Arena 4 or so and run into terrible players with high level cards.

Future

Damn at the pekka buff. It is already possible sometimes to cycle a second pekka while someone is trying to distract and kill the first. Inferno will be he only counter. Maybe they are trying to force more inferno towers into decks with this

Agent

Update thoughts, from a Legendary arena perspective:

Hog Rider: Not all that surprising. I haven't used the card in quite some time so it doesn't impact me. I know most people were saying this card was OP, but for me it was one of the easiest cards to counter.

Prince: The Prince was starting to creep its way back into the Legendary meta with the most recent update, and I fully expect it to make a return. With the PEKKA buff, I suspect we may see a return of the double Prince/PEKKA combo.

Goblin Barrel: I honestly don't think I have seen this card since Arena 3/4 and I doubt that will change. I thought about trying it out with my Miner deck, but there are just better cards to use. That likely will not change.

PEKKA: I am a die hard PEKKA fan and this change makes me happy. I was using PEKKA until the most recent update and I actually did not think it was that bad. I will probably go back to my old PEKKA deck when the update hits.

XBow/Mortar: You're kidding me, right? This is quite the timely buff with the most recent emote blog post. Expect salt levels to go through the roof. I'm calling it now; people are going to use some combo of Royal Giant/Mortar/Xbow and it is going to be absolutely obnoxious.

Furnace: I think I've seen this card played about 5 times since it came out. I don't see that changing. The only way this card becomes useful is if it spits out Fire Spirits at a slightly faster rate.

Guards: Similiar to Furnace, I think I've seen this card all of 5 times since they came out. This is a positive change, but I don't think they will be used much still. Though, at only 3 elixir I could see more testing with them happening.

Witch: With the last update, this has a 27% damage increase now. The problem with this card is, where does it really fit in? They mention taking down Minions faster, but the Musketeer does the same thing at a cheaper cost.

Lava Hound: No longer can be laughed at. Granted, the buff isn't as much as people think it will be at 28%. My level 2 does 29 damage per second, so we're talking an increase to around 37. That isn't going to take a tower down, but it will warrant more attention.

Cannon/Tesla: Poor cannon. With the Tesla increase I think it may have finally reached the breaking point of people making the switch. Everyone used cannon because of Hog Rider, which is why it is laughable Supercell always said "it is used too much".

Most disappointing: No Royal Giant nerf. I'm shocked there was no mention of Royal Giant. People complain about Hog Rider, but Royal Giant is way worse. It would be a miracle if I went more than 3 games in a row without someone using the card.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My theory on RG not getting nerfed is because it's a common card in the 2nd highest arena, anybody lower than that is going to get crushed by it (he has a 100% win rate against my arena 6 deck) and it's probably another one of those "emotional" cards that they want to trigger people into paying their way up to the royal arena. This game and these developer's are fucking filthy and I dunno why any of us plays it.

hollomat

Banned
My theory on RG not getting nerfed is because it's a common card in the 2nd highest arena, anybody lower than that is going to get crushed by it (he has a 100% win rate against my arena 6 deck) and it's probably another one of those "emotional" cards that they want to trigger people into paying their way up to the royal arena. This game and these developer's are fucking filthy and I dunno why any of us plays it.

Couldn't disagree more. If they wanted to get people to pay more they'd nerf it because it's a common card. Common cards are far easier to upgrade than rares which are far easier to upgrade than epics.

Also, all the cards to counter Royal giant (mini pekka, cannon, barbarians, inferno tower) are available in arena 6 and below. If you're running into a bunch put barbarians or cannon in your deck. They counter Royal giant and hog.

LiQuid!

Couldn't disagree more. If they wanted to get people to pay more they'd nerf it because it's a common card. Common cards are far easier to upgrade than rares which are far easier to upgrade than epics.

Maybe it's not such a deal once you get to royal arena, but I've been unable to rise out of the hell of arena 5-6 for well over a month now and every time I see an RG he beats the shit out of me.

hollomat

Banned
Maybe it's not such a deal once you get to royal arena, but I've been unable to rise out of the hell of arena 5-6 for well over a month now and every time I see an RG he beats the shit out of me.

Do you run barbs or cannon or mini pekka? These cards counter him really well.

LiQuid!

Do you run barbs or cannon or mini pekka? These cards counter him really well.

Yeah I use barbs and cannon in my deck, but neither is a surefire counter to him. Cannon is at best a temporary distraction to absorb a couple hits before my tower starts eating it. Barbs would be nice if the RG ever came alone, but he's almost always got fire spirits or a wizard behind him. Nothing in this game is ever as easy as "use x card to counter y card"

Regardless my point is that RG is one of those high level cards that's easy to get but super powerful when experienced by mid level players, so it could potentially incite someone into throwing down some cash to power themselves up to the higher tier to unlock it. It's not like a legendary where you could potentially drop a bunch of cash and still never see it. If you pay to advance to royal arena you will get RG, simple as that.

Maximus P

Nice update news. I'm glad they're finally nerfing the Hog, the Prince buff is also welcome too which will hopefully give more options and make battles more varied.

I would have liked a RG nerf though. His power and speed are fine, but being able to plant him within range of your second tower once the first tower is down gives enemies a huge advantage when your in a 1 tower each situation.

I don't think the Lava Hound buff was needed either. That card is devastating when used by skilful players and is combined with the right cards. I thought the whole point of the card was to take tons of damage so it could get close to your towers and release those deadly pups.

nampad

Nice update news. I'm glad they're finally nerfing the Hog, the Prince buff is also welcome too which will hopefully give more options and make battles more varied.

I would have liked a RG nerf though. His power and speed are fine, but being able to plant him within range of your second tower once the first tower is down gives enemies a huge advantage when your in a 1 tower each situation.

I don't think the Lava Hound buff was needed either. That card is devastating when used by skilful players and is combined with the right cards. I thought the whole point of the card was to take tons of damage so it could get close to your towers and release those deadly pups.

Yeah, when you are down a tower the RG (and hog) are deadly and I hate it.
So many times I was i. The lead and they teickle down my first tower with the RG just to tie in the last second.

In double elixir time and with one tower down they just can plant it in my half and have guaranteed damage before I can do anything.

UFO

Banned
What a fucking joke this game is. The losing streaks are so rigged. There's obviously an algorithm to decide when to send players on losing streaks. My troops start acting stupid, targeting the wrong troops to inflict the lowest damage, or their troops change targets, my airstrikes or cluster damage attacks barely miss, everything goes wrong.

edit: in the past 2 games I've had a zap completely fail to hit a cluster of half dead minions and spears, and an enemy hog who started veering towards a building i dropped, change his mind and cut back to attack the crown tower.

broz0rs

What a fucking joke this game is. The losing streaks are so rigged. There's obviously an algorithm to decide when to send players on losing streaks. My troops start acting stupid, targeting the wrong troops to inflict the lowest damage, or their troops change targets, my airstrikes or cluster damage attacks barely miss, everything goes wrong.

edit: in the past 2 games I've had a zap completely fail to hit a cluster of half dead minions and spears, and an enemy hog who started veering towards a building i dropped, change his mind and cut back to attack the crown tower.

TILT is real

I lost my password on my main account... cannot retrieve becuz I used stupid stuff on it:(

Started a brand new account....any GAF clan in need of people?

hollomat

Banned
I lost my password on my main account... cannot retrieve becuz I used stupid stuff on it:(

Started a brand new account....any GAF clan in need of people?

GAF clan code QYYQCQ. The trophy limit is currently 1800, but that's just to stop us from getting people requesting to join 24/7. Post here when you're ready to join and I can lower it so you can join.

Anyone else who wants to join is welcome too. Just post here letting me know and I'll lower the trophies. We're at 24,705 trophies and 11,000 donations for the week so we're very active.

Just mention in your request that you're from NeoGAF.

GAF clan code QYYQCQ. The trophy limit is currently 1800, but that's just to stop us from getting people requesting to join 24/7. Post here when you're ready to join and I can lower it so you can join.

Anyone else who wants to join is welcome too. Just post here letting me know and I'll lower the trophies. We're at 24,705 trophies and 11,000 donations for the week so we're very active.

Just mention in your request that you're from NeoGAF.

im rdy right now:)

JoeNut

Wish people would join Elite!

Tesla is gonna be decent I think, it attacks air which makes it a great use against balloon etc

LiQuid!

I hit the royal arena (2k trophies) this morning for the very first time. Since I needed 3 more crowns for yesterday's crown chest I decided to keep playing and went on a 7 game skid, demoting instantly and losing 200+ trophies.

Instead of tilting or ragequitting like a whinybaby I just kept playing and eventually won all the way back up while finishing yesterday's and today's crown chests.

I think I might need to start trying out a new deck. The giant/balloon combo has been running into too many counters lately. Everybody and their grandma is running inferno tower against me.

totowhoa

Banned
Hey all - just wanted to mention that the NeoGAF clan with the clan tag 80J8RU9 (that zero might be a letter O...) has had openings for the last 2 weeks if anybody's still needing a clan.

Every 2 weeks the clan leaders clean out inactive users who aren't donating but we never filled back up after the last cleansing -- and we have more that could probably go soon :p

Feel free to join up.

I love how they refuse to nerf Legendaries. Gotta keep those P2W players happy! (Someday, maybe by 2000 wins, I'm sure I'll land a Legendary. Until then: fuck you all.)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I love how they refuse to nerf Legendaries. Gotta keep those P2W players happy! (Someday, maybe by 2000 wins, I'm sure I'll land a Legendary. Until then: fuck you all.)

Can't say I have found any of the Legendaries problematic myself, and I only run Commons and Rares in my deck.

They are good cards, but like everything still need to be used well and combined with the right other cards for them to be effective.

Top Bottom