• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
Yup, if I understand the wording, tournament rules will apply : crown lvl 9, leg lvl1, epic lvl 4, rare lvl 7 and common lvl 9 with 3 min overtime.

I need to lvl up my rares and epics to get ready for the tournament rules. I've only been requesting commons so they're overleveled (lvl 11), while I don't have the cards to lvl any rares up to 7. Similarly, I can only get golem and pekka to lvl 4.

The changes to hog really seem to have lowered his usage. In my last ten games only one opponent used hog. Miner decks seem to be the most common now, at least around 3500 trophy level.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
With the Inferno Tower nerf, what's the defensive building of choice now?

It says in the balance change notes that the Inferno Tower damage reset on Zap and Freeze isn't coming until the next update. Is that the case?

So the Inferno Tower is still my Achilles heel at the moment (and it will continue to be anyway seeing as I use neither of those cards).

I am seeing an odd increase in the number of Tesla towers being played though.

hollomat

Banned
It says in the balance change notes that the Inferno Tower damage reset on Zap and Freeze isn't coming until the next update. Is that the case?

So the Inferno Tower is still my Achilles heel at the moment (and it will continue to be anyway seeing as I use neither of those cards).

I am seeing an odd increase in the number of Tesla towers being played though.

My understanding is this will come in the update on July 4th. I run royal giant and inferno giant is really the only counter that completely prevents damage. I'm expecting its usage to go way down though based on this change. I don't run zap, however it seems like 90% of the decks I face do, so I'm sure people will stop running it to avoid Royal giant Zap.

Ninja Dom

I'm back.

I quit the game after a horrific losing streak that saw me drop two arenas, from Royal Arena to Spell Valley.

Anyway, now I'm back after a 3 or 4 week break. And I'm back up to the Royal Arena again. Still no Legendary cards for me.

Good news on the Bomber getting boosted. He wrecks Barbarians for fun as it is now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm back.

I quit the game after a horrific losing streak that saw me drop two arenas, from Royal Arena to Spell Valley.

Anyway, now I'm back after a 3 or 4 week break. And I'm back up to the Royal Arena again. Still no Legendary cards for me.

Good news on the Bomber getting boosted. He wrecks Barbarians for fun as it is now.

I dropped from royal to spell valley in the span of a day too. It was... disheartening... and I bitched about it a lot, but I'm fairly comfortably in arena 6 now. Whenever I get into one of those losing streaks after taking some time to get over it I enter a kinda 'give no fucks' attitude for a while and just kinda bounce around in trophies for a while, not caring so much whether I win or lose. The game has a way of working itself out tho and I always end up bouncing back.

I look at my card level compared to a lot of the people I'm playing against and I'm usually lower than them which means I'm probably higher than I should be. Also people in the clan who are near me in trophies/arena placement have played a lot more of the game than I have (like total number of wins vs. me), so I've dropped all delusions that I "belong" in arena 7.

I got my highest without a legendary to 3100 but kept dropping to 2900 with a trifecta deck. After switching out minions for ice wizard I easily stay around 3200.

Legandries op

I've been thinking about changing up my deck, it has too many weaknesses.

Inferno Tower
Valk
Poison

All 3 of these basically destroy me.

I can barely fend off a royal giant.

I notice I lose to a lot of basic card decks, stuff like

Giant
Valk
Musk
Mini Pekka
Hog

I'm considering going that route...

JoeNut

I don't think ive ever used a deck without barbs, they're essential imo.

Musk and Valk are both great at level 5/6

I keep changing my deck recently, can't get past 2500, not sure what i'm missing.

Neogaf Elite recruiting as always :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Supercell bringing dat support :

New Arena coming at 2300+ trophies, called Frozen Peak :

CmRrcLMWAAA0dV5.jpg:large
Source

JoeNut

Awesome! i guess this means new cards.

I have always thought that the jump from 2000 to 3000 is way too much, this brings a well needed change

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Awesome! i guess this means new cards.

I have always thought that the jump from 2000 to 3000 is way too much, this brings a well needed change
Yeah and I imagine there's still some room for another arena starting at 2600 or 2700 trophies.

Also saw on reddit that for friendly matches we'll be able to choose the arena the fight takes place in.

Agent

The new arena looks neat.

DPX5vAw.jpg

Also, I noticed one of the Youtuber's videos that TVRoyale is on the main battle page now with the Tournaments mode taking the old spot. More importantly, I see a new notification over the Achievements area with 10 indicated. There are only 5 achievements right now, wonder if that means there will be more added? Hopefully!

67TVNdm.jpg

hollomat

Banned
Since they're adding a new arena, I wonder if that means they'll increase the gold and cards in chests at legendary arena.

Or if they'll nerf the gold and cards in chests in all arenas.

Agent

Noticed a few things in the Clash with Ash sneak peak video:

It started on the card selection page, which showed 58/58 cards. That would be 4 new cards, which would probably make sense with a new arena being added. Also, it looks like there will be a way to sort cards by arena and it is where they put the training mode.

757Lpkj.jpg

Also, here is the new Friendly Battle area where you can select the arena to fight in:

05rXTGT.jpg

JoeNut

About time there were some new achievements, i think most people who have played for more than a month or so have all the achievements, and they're really lame, you get like 5 gems for 50,000 donations or something

JoeNut

Witch is so much better now she's been buffed. I can't fit all my favourite cards in the same deck though, my favourites right now have to be

RG
Sparky
Bomber
Spirits
Furnace
Witch
Valkyrie
Muskateer

But that's gonna be like 4.8 elixer and not work!
Shame.

Anyway Neogaf elite needs you! Join us

Sounds wrong. Theres no way you lose more screen shots to a higher level player. Got a screenie of the match?

Happens all the time. The amount of trophies you lose seems to depend on the trophy difference between you and the enemy. If you fight someone who is 200 trophies below you, you'll lose around 40 trophies, even when he has much better troops than you have.

zoukka

I guess Bowler rolls stones as projectiles. Ice Spirits freeze or slow enemies, they are probably suicide bombs too.

And more p2w leggies to collect -.- I'm still missing the miner.

Fuck two more legendaries. It takes almost a year on average for an active player to just get one... This basically just benefits players who are willing to spend a lot of money.

Agent

Other new stuff:

-Your player profile will show your last used Battle Deck from any battle (which won't necessarily be the one you've currently got selected)
-We've added a sort button to the Card Collection: Sort by Arena, Elixir cost or rarity!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've somehow found myself back in the royal arena without even really trying (on an 8 win streak due to a couple fortuitous disconnects from opponents). Honestly thinking about just retiring and signing in a couple times a day to donate and open free chests. The stress of having to play to open crown chests and have a constant stream of regular chests working has been eating at me and I think I'd like to take a break on my own terms instead of rage quitting like so many people do. Unfortunate that the chances of unboxing a legendary is so slim I'm not holding out I'll miraculously snag one out of a free chest while on hiatus, but at least being in royal arena give me a minuscule chance that if I do it'll be a princess.

Happens all the time. The amount of trophies you lose seems to depend on the trophy difference between you and the enemy. If you fight someone who is 200 trophies below you, you'll lose around 40 trophies, even when he has much better troops than you have.

Oh, I misread what he was saying

Fuck two more legendaries. It takes almost a year on average for an active player to just get one... This basically just benefits players who are willing to spend a lot of money.

Uhh, I'm a F2P player and I already have two (could have been three if I bought a Sparky in the shop) and the game has only been launched globally since March.

Personally I like the addition of more legendaries because it adds more incentive to continue playing rather than just getting all the cards quickly. Even if they are certainly OP it is always refreshing to know there are more cards out there that you still need IMO.

hollomat

Banned

If you're in legendary arena, you'll get one legendary a month on average (obviously some people get more and others get less). For arenas below its slower than one a month, but nowhere near a year (maybe if you're in arena 4).

I've been playing since the global launch in March and have received 3 legendaries from chests.

dream

Seeing the log in action makes me angry.

edit: just to add on to the legendaries thing, some of you might remember that I got the ice wizard and the miner in the same week, both from free chests. So it's definitely possible to get legendaries at a fairly reasonable clip.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
yessss these are all excellent counters to the boring "put strong dude in front of smaller little dudes" strategy.

Man, I dunno what my build is going to be at this point.

DrkSage

Hmm... I wonder if switching out sparky for bowler in my sparky+RG push will be effective... Like if they throw barbs to counter my RG, I place bowler behind, push back, and follow up with log..

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
New Legendaries: The Lumberjack and The Log

Gameplay from Chief Pat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX13jov9NUU

Not sure what to think of them. They are interesting.

Lumberjack stats make him seem like a Mini Pekka replacement. You get the health and DPS of Mini Pekka but with added rage on death.

My deck is based around versatile giant pushes, so Log will work against me there. Might be useful in my deck but not sure what I'd swap out.

Hm. Log has obvious counters-it's only good for ground units and the damage it doesn't isn't fatal to medium/heavy units.

Lumberjack though...does look like a strong replacement for mini-pekka.

JoeNut

The bowler is unbelievable!!!

Literally everyone complaining about pay to win and stuff, will you still say that if you get one in a free chest? I don't understand the criticism, why would supercell release a free game and then not have some kind of incentive for people to spend money? Would you work for free?

Top Bottom