• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

daedalius

Almost arena 3, still having a fun time. Mini-dragon at low ranks is rough, but I think musketeer and spear gobbos take it out alright; also have lightning bolt if it gets too close.

How do I find the Gaf clan to join? The list is huge!

hollomat

Banned
Almost arena 3, still having a fun time. Mini-dragon at low ranks is rough, but I think musketeer and spear gobbos take it out alright; also have lightning bolt if it gets too close.

How do I find the Gaf clan to join? The list is huge!

Join GAF (#QYYQCQ)

We're the best :).

Just say you're from Neogaf in the request.

Man, I should've figured this out sooner. Mini Pekka SMASHES Lava Balloons. Right after they place the second of those two, just drop Mini Pekka on the same lane and it will crush that tower.

djp6

Arena 6. Same if a free chest unlocks in arena 6 then you move up to arena 7 before opening.

Also not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the tournament update did a stealth nerf to the gold in all chests, at least in legendary arena. The minimum and maximum gold in the chests is about 5% less. I'm sure this was done since you can now get gold in tournament chests, but even if you're playing tournaments everyday (which no one is), it doesn't make up for the lost gold.

Just randomly guessed the password for a tournament and got in.

Tournament is #JCLJJV
Password is moby

It ends in 30 mins and it's the lowest tourney, but there's only 4 people in it now, so free cards even without a battle.

Actually the crown chest is for your current arena, so if you move up before you open you get the crown rewards for that arena.

hollomat

Banned
Actually the crown chest is for your current arena, so if you move up before you open you get the crown rewards for that arena.

Not true. When I first got into legendary I tried this. Earned the crown chest in arena 7 and opened it in legendary. It was an arena 7 chest.

DrkSage

Left a 120 card tourney after falling from #1 with 760 trophies to 500. What pisses me off is that the top 5 players all used the same god damn hog with mini pekka cycle deck with a inferno tower or canon

Seems that's what tournament meta is going to be forever

Here are the common cards within all the players:
Hog, mini pekka, zap, fireball, goblins + inferno or cannon

hollomat

Banned
Left a 120 card tourney after falling from #1 with 760 trophies to 500. What pisses me off is that the top 5 players all used the same god damn hog with mini pekka cycle deck with a inferno tower or canon

Hog, mini pekka, zap, fireball, goblins + inferno or cannon[/QUOTE

From the tourneys I've played in, miner seems to be the dominant meta.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How do you even get into tournaments without it being password protected.

Whenever I refresh the tournament page they are either all full or fill up instantly.

broz0rs

Hog, mini pekka, zap, fireball, goblins + inferno or cannon

I'm having great success against shuffle meta using Bomb Tower. Absolutely nullifies Hogrider and all those little shits that follow him. Biggest threat is Mini-Pekka, but I have an Ice Wiz to slow it down or place Goblins in front, which seem to do the trick.

nampad

The last 2 days have been great. First, my second account gets its 4th legendary. Then my main gets a supermagical chest and my second account, too.
And at last my main account finally made legendary arena after being short <10 trophies several times for weeks.

JoeNut

Just had a clear out. There's 33 active in our clan now so still looking for new guys in Neogaf Elite!!

I've gone back to sparky + furnace and it really works great, the fire spirits jump up and kill any minions or any smaller units dropped in front of sparky like goblins etc, clearing the path

Hmm.. can't say I'm a fan of the tournament format because of how much time you need to spend (variably) repeating fights.

just signed up. should i continue playing even though i cant get anymore chests?

All up to you. Since after OT was created, you can get gold for winning (up to a daily limit).

Alur

Starting a GAF tournament for everyone to play together/have fun. Once the GAF Royale actives get in, I'll post the code and password so the rest of GAF can join in and fill out the other ~80 or so slots if interested. The tournament doesn't open for 2 hours so I'll post it around when that is up.

The Mini Pekka counter is more for Lavaloon. I cannot really recommend it against Giant Balloon because they are faster / deal more damage. 7 Elixir isn't really enough to counter both of them unless you had both Inferno and Ice Wiz. Against Lavaloon, you have 8 Elixir to work with.

I would focus on killing the Giant Balloon push first.

Future

Feeling a little better about tournaments. Of course their frequency has dried up because what's the incentive really for paying for this if you aren't a streamer. $5.... For what really? A good chance to win a smaller than silver chest? The creator should always be granted a gold chest or something. People should be incentivized to make tourneys because it's actually nice to play in them

And they are nice because the level caps. If you have tournament level cards, which should be a late game goal, then the competition feels fair and balanced. No more level 11 Royal Giants to you lvl 9. No more princesses immune to arrows. It's a lot more fun for the person not spending $$$$$$

Because $$$$$ is definitely what is required here. I've already spent probably $50.... More than I'd pay for most iPhone games I'd say. But paying that is just allowing me to play the game and upgrade multiple decks for fun. It's not even close to enough to start leveling cards passed tournament levels with the amount of cards needed and the upgrade gold cost. I STILL cannot play all the decks I want and I'm still only level 9

Alur

I let them in so we could get some games. Hardly anyone was queuing.

We only did it to have a place to play against others and get off the ladder for fun. Not like the rewards are worth noting. We only had like ~25 in there and 8 or so who had any points IIRC.

I let them in so we could get some games. Hardly anyone was queuing.

We only did it to have a place to play against others and get off the ladder for fun. Not like the rewards are worth noting. We only had like ~25 in there and 8 or so who had any points IIRC.

Thx for ruining the tourney for whoever played before...

Prefer to play vs Gaf than random mexicans or whatever

Alur

Feel free to pay for your own then. If you're concerned you didn't win 30/20/15/8/4 chest of cards, you kind of missed the point.

Feel free to pay for your own then. If you're concerned you didn't win 30/20/15/8/4 chest of cards, you kind of missed the point.

Don't give a shit about cards. If you do it...do it last hour...now those clowns are gonna play 5 hours straight...

if you wanna play random matchs therE's ladder...

you are free to do whatever you want with youre $$$$...still a displeasure for the real GAF people who post here often.

Alur

A displeasure? You can freely leave whenever you like. And I don't even know what posting in this thread often has to do with anything.

What does it matter if they play for 5 hours straight? I thought you didn't care about the cards? Whether I let them in now or with 1 hour left, they are still gonna spam games to the top of the leaderboard for all but the scant few who had built up 200+ points in the intervening time.

Outside of that, there's no reason to take any issue with them playing other than "it's not all GAF bro". Unfortunately, last time the tournament filled up and this time we had half of that number and pretty much no one playing so there wasn't even a point to being IN the tournament and not just joining a random 1 hour one...which is, coincidentally, probably why no one was in this one. They were waiting til the end and searching other tournaments.

Random matches on the ladder with no cap =/= random matches with a tournament cap. I don't know what trophy count you're sitting on, but for a decent portion of our clan this is the only time they can get a semi-even matchup.

Nerokis

Thx for ruining the tourney for whoever played before...

Prefer to play vs Gaf than random mexicans or whatever

Oh, please. You didn't pay for the tournament, and you aren't a spokesperson for the GAF community. Seriously, the combination of dickishness and entitlement you're projecting right now is something else.

nampad

I can see the reasoning on both sides. On the one hand, some people just want to play other gaffers, including myself. On the other, no one queued up for games.

I disagree on the semi-even match ups though. A lot of my opponents are not at tournament level. With the open tourney, you also get some emote spamming idiots I wished to avoid.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
If the GAF clans want to open up the tournaments but not so much anybody can join, why not just advertise the password here and within the clan chat?

That way you'd get thread lurkers and contributors who aren't necessarily official GAF clan members (like me) without a flood of totally random people.

Alur

Password was advertised here and in our clan. Dunno if anyone in the other GAF clans mentioned it in clan chat or not, though.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Password was advertised here and in our clan. Dunno if anyone in the other GAF clans mentioned it in clan chat or not, though.

I looked back in the thread for the GAF Royale Invitational one and couldn't find it :/

I saw the details of the other 1hr one, but it wouldn't come up in my search.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Bought a Magical Chest with real money today.

Got no Legenderies.

&#128529;
Super Magical Chests have a higher chance to contain a legendary I think.

But don't buy one, you never know what you'll get from a chest anyway. You're better off buying gold to upgrade stuff, climb to an higher arena.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I fckin hate Miner, nothing I can do with my deck with it. Sigh. GG tho.

Miner is a huge advantage in these tournaments. Since I've started using him in tournaments, not sure I've finished outside the top 3. It's even a pain on ladder. Not sure what's the best defense other than just dropping a mini pekka on it.

Top Bottom