• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Dazzler

I always deal with whatever else they're sending with the miner first, because you know a hog or a mini pekka is coming too

spyder_ur

I'm in the taco tourney now too.

Miner is a huge advantage in these tournaments. Since I've started using him in tournaments, not sure I've finished outside the top 3. It's even a pain on ladder. Not sure what's the best defense other than just dropping a mini pekka on it.

Gobs are alright too, but pekka is nice because you can counterpush around him.

I always deal with whatever else they're sending with the miner first, because you know a hog or a mini pekka is coming too

More commonly I see small troops - gobs or minion or horde backed by princess or something.

Don't give a shit about cards. If you do it...do it last hour...now those clowns are gonna play 5 hours straight...

if you wanna play random matchs therE's ladder...

you are free to do whatever you want with youre $$$$...still a displeasure for the real GAF people who post here often.

You should really be banned- until you put up your own money Junior, you have no room to tell TO's how to run theirs. I'm sure you are an absolute PLEASURE in real life.

hollomat

Banned
Bought a Magical Chest with real money today.

Got no Legenderies.

😑

In legendary arena, a magical chest has a 7.8% chance of containing a legendary. So it's not surprising you didn't get one. You'd need to buy 6 legendary magical chests to be at almost a 50% chance of getting a legendary.

Even a super magical legendary chest only has a 46.8% chance of dropping a legendary.

Here's a great post on Reddit showing the chances of legendaries for each chest by arena.

https://m.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/4rnd7z/updated_chest_drop_rates_for_each_arena/

I recommend everyone who is thinking about dropping real money on a chest in the hopes of getting a legendary read it (and prepare to be disappointed). And even then, that's the chance of any legendary. Could be one you don't want at all.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd rather wait until the legendary appears in my store instead of buying chests. You have to be lucky enough to get the legendary in the chest for one, and then you have to be lucky again to get the legendary you want.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so I have a super magical chest - yay! But it takes 24hrs to unlock, and the rest of my slots are full. So what do I do tomorrow morning when the crown chest resets? Do I skip a day to allow time for my other chests to unlock and clear the decks, or do I play to unlock and not earn any chests?

commish

so I have a super magical chest - yay! But it takes 24hrs to unlock, and the rest of my slots are full. So what do I do tomorrow morning when the crown chest resets? Do I skip a day to allow time for my other chests to unlock and clear the decks, or do I play to unlock and not earn any chests?

In my experience, you can be one day behind. So, if you skip a day, then you can get 2 crown chests the next day. There are some days I just can't get my games in.

The GAF invasion of this Taco Tourney is hilarious. 60 Australians googling "GAF" as we speak.

The taco stuffers didn't know what hit 'em. Also I wonder if Asot Mobb is an A State of Trance clan that figured it out too.

I just realized that the above sounds like a weird slur but I am talking about a tourney. :)

Ninja Dom

In legendary arena, a magical chest has a 7.8% chance of containing a legendary. So it's not surprising you didn't get one. You'd need to buy 6 legendary magical chests to be at almost a 50% chance of getting a legendary.

Even a super magical legendary chest only has a 46.8% chance of dropping a legendary.

Here's a great post on Reddit showing the chances of legendaries for each chest by arena.

https://m.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/4rnd7z/updated_chest_drop_rates_for_each_arena/

I recommend everyone who is thinking about dropping real money on a chest in the hopes of getting a legendary read it (and prepare to be disappointed). And even then, that's the chance of any legendary. Could be one you don't want at all.

Ah superb thanks for that.

Anybody got any strategies on how to use Princess??

commish

Ah superb thanks for that.

Anybody got any strategies on how to use Princess??

She works well in every deck. If she's in your hand to start, you want to play her first behind your king tower (unless you run pumps - then do that first). If there's nothing on the board, and you put her at the bridge, she will always get at least one volley off. I've won many games because of her chip damage, but ideally she will be supporting your bigger push. If you just put her at the bridge, and your opponent counters with, say, goblins, then you'll have to use up more elixir to counter his goblins, so you are already down, at minimum, 3 elixir to your opponent. Then his counter push will be that much harder to stop. It's very rarely do I just plop a princess unsupported at the bridge for that reason.

Ninja Dom

She works well in every deck. If she's in your hand to start, you want to play her first behind your king tower (unless you run pumps - then do that first). If there's nothing on the board, and you put her at the bridge, she will always get at least one volley off. I've won many games because of her chip damage, but ideally she will be supporting your bigger push. If you just put her at the bridge, and your opponent counters with, say, goblins, then you'll have to use up more elixir to counter his goblins, so you are already down, at minimum, 3 elixir to your opponent. Then his counter push will be that much harder to stop. It's very rarely do I just plop a princess unsupported at the bridge for that reason.

Excellent.

So Princess normally starts at the rear. Never drop her by the river, unless one of the Crown Towers has already gone.

Thanks.

commish

Excellent.

So Princess normally starts at the rear. Never drop her by the river, unless one of the Crown Towers has already gone.

Thanks.

You can put her at the bridge if you feel like your opponent either (i) doesn't have an easy counter (e.g., has to use something like barbarians) or is (ii) is out of elixir. And there will be those times where your opponent has no elixir and you have a princess at each bridge, firing away, and that day will be glorious.

Alur

Princess at the bridge firing away while you have a solid push distracting in the other land is glorious indeed...at least, until it happens to me. =/

broz0rs

When you know your opponent will drop minion horde to take down your Inferno, Bomb Tower, etc. to support his/her push, just drop Princess behind your building and that will be a complete waste of 5 elixir from your opponent.

commish

When you know your opponent will drop minion horde to take down your Inferno, Bomb Tower, etc. to support his/her push, just drop Princess behind your building and that will be a complete waste of 5 elixir from your opponent.

Or he sends a miner to kill your princess and tank the tower, and the horde burn your tower to the ground.

dream

I've had a couple of guys drop xbow on me and I literally sit there dumbfounded, with no defence, because who does that anymore? People who beat me, that's who.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Prince is so out of the meta in Arena 9 that I have troubles countering him.

Yeah I've had princes played against me recently and they really hit hard when charging. Maybe they used to but they seem even stronger now (and I'm encountering them at higher levels than when I first started). Almost makes me want to run one instead of my hog rider

commish

Good find; they really do.

I like this new game of finding tournies and guessing their passwords.

Also confirmed For The People reads GAF?

My clan started a tournament and some random person guessed our password and joined. Was pretty funny. Then he saw that all of us were 1000+ cups higher than him and left, I guess. That said, there should be a way to kick people out of your tournament, but not once it starts.

Retronix

The tournament has been good, but the gap between the top players and the rest is waaaay too big, sometimes it takes me up to five minutes just to get matched due to the trophy disparity.

We just kicked some inactives in the Neogaf clan. If any active players are looking for a clan, please apply and put from GAF in the message.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Great match MrKlaw, I'm lucky your rares aren't lvl7 yet because you run a good counter deck to my Lavahound. You have an inferno tower, you know when to arrow the pups, I was aiming for a draw :p

Future

Inferno tower is a joke when you have royal giant and zap. Barely does any damage, and then zap resets it and it always goes down with Royal giant still rockinn 3/4 health and opponent down 5 elixir. Had one opponent just leave the match after I did that twice

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Inferno tower is a joke when you have royal giant and zap. Barely does any damage, and then zap resets it and it always goes down with Royal giant still rockinn 3/4 health and opponent down 5 elixir. Had one opponent just leave the match after I did that twice

I have neither in my deck. I'm almost guaranteed to lose against an Inferno Tower if they are even halfway smart about where they place it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Great match MrKlaw, I'm lucky your rares aren't lvl7 yet because you run a good counter deck to my Lavahound. You have an inferno tower, you know when to arrow the pups, I was aiming for a draw :p

I cried when I saw your name because you were really strong in a previous Gaf tourney.

hollomat

Banned
Don't seem to be any taco tourneys today, but in keeping with the food theme I found another.

Tourney is Waffle galore

Pass is waffle

Raven77

So i just pulled a Lava Hound out of a free chest. Yes. A free chest. I know the odds and was just as shocked to see it. Trying to figure out a good deck to build around him. I'm stuck floating between 1800-2000 trophies for the past 2 months. I'm Rank 8.

The general strategy seems to be dragon / hound or loon / hound. Fireball or some zap spell to clear junk. The issue i'm having is this. I can get my hound AND my dragon onto an enemies tower but they don't do shit for damage. Barely taking the tower below 2k hit points (rank 8 / 9). However, whenever some turd uses the lava hound on me (same lvl) if it gets to my tower it destroys me in every way possible. This seems to be the most inconsistent card in the game that i've eve used.

Any tips or suggestions on effectively using the hound?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
So i just pulled a Lava Hound out of a free chest. Yes. A free chest. I know the odds and was just as shocked to see it. Trying to figure out a good deck to build around him. I'm stuck floating between 1800-2000 trophies for the past 2 months. I'm Rank 8.

The general strategy seems to be dragon / hound or loon / hound. Fireball or some zap spell to clear junk. The issue i'm having is this. I can get my hound AND my dragon onto an enemies tower but they don't do shit for damage. Barely taking the tower below 2k hit points (rank 8 / 9). However, whenever some turd uses the lava hound on me (same lvl) if it gets to my tower it destroys me in every way possible. This seems to be the most inconsistent card in the game that i've eve used.

Any tips or suggestions on effectively using the hound?
The basis deck I've been playing was :
Lavahound
Barbarians
Baby Dragon
Musketteer
Arrows
Minions
Spear Gobs
Fire Spirits

The hound is a big as tank that will get to the tower, do shit damage until it dies off and then the pups come out, that's where its damage output is interesting. Ideally my attack goes like this :
Put lava hound in the corner, once it crosses the river put the baby dragon down then musketteer which should be a big source of tower damage along with the pups.

Baby D is here to take care of mob units (gobs/skel/minions) and act as a secondary tank when the lavahound is down. It's a cool deck, got me over 2000 and way up when I was able to slot in a Miner in place of the spear gobs.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Neogaf clan #2OY9PQ has 4 open spots. We welcome all neogaf members, just mention your GAF user name when requesting. Require 20 donations per week and have a very active clan..

Top Bottom