• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Brakke

Banned
Make sure you don't mention "GAF" in the title or description. Also heads up to leaders probably don't allow anyone to join the clan while tourney is active. We're probably less likely to get intruded in such a short tournament but still.

hollomat

Banned
Make sure you don't mention "GAF" in the title or description. Also heads up to leaders probably don't allow anyone to join the clan while tourney is active. We're probably less likely to get intruded in such a short tournament but still.

Sounds good, I'll do that.

Guess there's only one way to figure out a time. Anyone interested in the tourney go to the below link and vote for what time works best for you. Whichever has the most votes by Thursday is the one I'll go with.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M3N2JFT

When I post the tourney name and password on the day, it will only be seen when you quote the post so that lurkers can't see it.

Edit: And feel free to pass it on to everyone in the GAF clans.

Alur

Whatever you decide I'll pass it on to the clan. Hopefully there's a good turnout of at least 15-20 who can play throughout and someone can go home the champion of waffles, pizza, and tacoGAF.

Well I've given up with sparky and swapped him out for Lvl 10 Royal giant. Seems to be a much harder task to kill the RG before he does damage, but sparky was a decent defence against giant/RG so we'll see how it goes
Were you running Sparky with Giant and Wizard? Makes a huge difference. You can also throw in Fire Spirits in addition to/instead of the Wizard. Zap also helps. It's tough to reach the promised land with Sparky, but when you do it's lights out, and even if you don't sometimes his entourage will knock off a few hundred.

I'm around 3k trophies and from what I understand Sparky decks don't fare so well if you get too far above that, but it's a great deck for Frozen Peak.

Alur

I've seen a ton of sparky decks the last few days. Almost makes me think someone won a real money tournament with one or something, it's been crazy. Normally not that many on ladder at the 3200+ mark but I hit 4 of 6 one day and 2 of 4 today.

Sushen

I started to feel like I play to get cards (level up cards) rather. It's like grinding in old school RPGs that I fight to level up si that I can beat the current boss. Anyone else feels the same?

Future

I've seen a ton of sparky decks the last few days. Almost makes me think someone won a real money tournament with one or something, it's been crazy. Normally not that many on ladder at the 3200+ mark but I hit 4 of 6 one day and 2 of 4 today.

Sparky decks work well since you can win really fast. Great for rising ranks fast and getting lots of crowns. I know how to defend against it, but an accident or bad play can lose a tower and Elixer so fast.

Recently I've started facing miner decks with nothing but ice wizard and 1-2 elixir troops. Cycles back to miner and ice wizard so fast it felt unbeatable with my deck. Any push I do goes against ice wizard and tons of minions and then gets pushed up with a miner tanking everything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm still running my rocket so I love facing sparky decks. Auto win.

Reinstalled this game...becuz it's addictive...

I'm aful in ladder play with miner...lost 200 trophys...stuck between 2.3k and 2.5k... tourney I get some good ins vs legendary people but I suck a ton vs Giant or RG deck..

any1 can help me?

lvl 9 = Barbs-Zap-Spirits-RG
all other commons are lvl 8

rare:

lvl 7: Gob Hut
lvl 6: Valk-Musk-Mini-Hog-Tower
rest are lvl 5

epic:
LVL 4: Freeze
LVL 3: itch-Loon-Prince
lvl 2: Poison..
LVL 1 guards

rest are lvl 2..

Legend: Miner

My rares are 80 cards away from lvl 7...
My commons are 3 days of request aay from lvl 9...
lvl 10...800 cards away

Any1 can help me? I played Trifecta from 1.5k until 2.1K. RG from 2.1 to highest of 2565...

current deck:
ZAP-Spirits-Barbs-Miner-Musketeer-Spear-Mini-P-Hog...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Reinstalled this game...becuz it's addictive...

I'm aful in ladder play with miner...lost 200 trophys...stuck between 2.3k and 2.5k... tourney I get some good ins vs legendary people but I suck a ton vs Giant or RG deck..

My Miner deck is:

Miner
Spear Goblins
Minions
Mini Pekka
Valkyrie
Arrows
Poison
Inferno Tower

Inferno Tower demolishes Giant, and Royal Giant if you place it correctly(wait for the Royal Giant to get in range of your tower, and drop the Inferno Tower before it locks on). I do tower damage almost exclusively with Miner+Spear Gobs/Minions, most people will put something down to deal with the Miner and allow your Gobs or Minions to do hundreds in damage quickly, sometimes thousands if you can get Minions to the tower.

Poison is great offensively or defensively, MP and Valk are mostly defense, and arrows are there to deal with Minions or Lava Hound Pups.

Only real weakness I run into is Sparky, and Zap can cause problems.

Alur

any1 can help me?

Just level RG to 10. The easiest way up the ladder is hogfecta, giantfecta, or RG. RG is probably the cheapest to get your hands on a high leveled version of since it's easier to request.

RG/barbs/zap/minions/miner/archers/elixir collector. Then pick wizard or bomber, whichever is higher. It's cheap, it's almost all commons. You don't have to level elixir collector to get full value. And it's basically the framework of the deck I have used to 3500+.

When you drop RG at the bridge, drop either minions on top of it or archers behind it (if you choose wizard, that works behind it too but minions is the cheapest combo w/ RG). Barbs are for defense. Use your miner to kill elixir collectors, to tank for your RG during 2x elixir time, or for emergency defense. Use Archers/Barbs/Wizard or Bomber as units to pull enemy turrets into the middle of your side of the battlefield so they get hit by both towers. Keep an elixir collector down whenever you can, naturally, and if you get two down it's almost auto GG so long as you don't mess up.

Make sure you don't overcommit to the RG push. He does good work on his own, just him and minions. If you time it right, RG will gain tower aggro and minions will keep rolling to the tower forcing them to either (A) respond to RG and let the minions fly by, or more likely (B) they'll zap the minions, but they won't die, and they'll really do work on the tower. If you are playing and they use a building for defense, let the minions get out ahead of your RG to tank the building, zap that sucker, then keep rolling on the tower.

It'll be a bit different defending without an ice wizard with RG, but on the flipside having wizard has it's own advantages offensively and defensively if they also run barbs or minions or what have you.

spyder_ur

1 hour tourney, starts in 1 min.
#cvvrqq
Quote for pw

I feel so dumb for not knowing this, but how do you use the tourney code to actually search for the tourney? I only see where you can search by tourney name. I cannot figure it out. Anyone help?

Edit: Never mind - figured it out. Didn't realize you had to enter the whole code including # into the search bar.

JoeNut

Were you running Sparky with Giant and Wizard? Makes a huge difference. You can also throw in Fire Spirits in addition to/instead of the Wizard. Zap also helps. It's tough to reach the promised land with Sparky, but when you do it's lights out, and even if you don't sometimes his entourage will knock off a few hundred.

I'm around 3k trophies and from what I understand Sparky decks don't fare so well if you get too far above that, but it's a great deck for Frozen Peak.
Yes, it just got to the point where I wasn't progressing any more, too many people play sparky counter decks

spyder_ur

Don't think it was actually his. Or at least there weren't many GAF in there, lots of other randoms though.

Ah I was confused about that. I wasn't sure how non-Gaf people could have gotten there. Managed to climb up to 3rd or 4th I think in only 20 minutes or so.

Alur

Yep you beat me in one match. The guy who finished second beat me twice but his deck hard countered mine. I finished 4th anyway for 20-25 mins of work. Feels good man.

Matush

So I have Ice Wiz in the shop. I was able to save up over 40k since last month. Should I buy him, or wait for Miner? Thoughts?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I have Ice Wiz in the shop. I was able to save up over 40k since last month. Should I buy him, or wait for Miner? Thoughts?

I would buy him. I put the IW up there with the miner as far as top legendaries. He's so good at stopping a huge rush on defense, but his value and the new strategies he allows isn't as obvious as the miner. If they were both available at the same time, I would probably say miner because he's so unique. But at the same time, I'll probably replace miner in my deck before I remove the IW.

hollomat

Banned

I have both and use ice wizard and not miner, but only because miner doesn't fit in my deck. Would miner fit into your current deck or do you have the cards already leveled to make a miner deck? If not, I'd just go with ice wiz.

He can completely shut down an opponents offense if played correctly. The trick is to play him right in the middle of the towers to draw their cards away from the tower while also slowing them with his ice.

That being said, miner is by far my most hated card in the game. I run elixir collector and princess and it easily takes out both.

broz0rs

Ice Wiz is the most versatile card and on defense you will almost always get a favorable elixir trade out of him.

With that said, I'll get Miner 9/10 times than Ice Wizard.The 1/10 is because I feel there might be a nerf to him because he's just so OP if played correctly.

Matush

Well I posted my deck here several times, I guess Ice Wiz would fit better in it than Miner:

Royal G LVL 10
Canon LVL 10
Minions LVL 10
Zap LVL 10
Barbs LVL 10
Fireball LVL 7
Elix. Collector LVL 7
Princess LVL 1

Well I posted my deck here several times, I guess Ice Wiz would fit better in it than Miner:

Royal G LVL 10
Canon LVL 10
Minions LVL 10
Zap LVL 10
Barbs LVL 10
Fireball LVL 7
Elix. Collector LVL 7
Princess LVL 1

Princess, Minions or Cannon are prime candidates for replacement with Ice Wiz / Miner.

There's just so much AoE in your deck.

Matush

Princess, Minions or Cannon are prime candidates for replacement with Ice Wiz / Miner.

There's just so much AoE in your deck.
Switched Cannon for Ice Wiz, he is OP as hell, thinking about Barbs switch for other, cheaper defenses. Either Goblins, or Guards.

broz0rs

Switched Cannon for Ice Wiz, he is OP as hell, thinking about Barbs switch for other, cheaper defenses. Either Goblins, or Guards.

if you can switch out Barbs, you can also switch out Elixir Collector because your deck will be low cost with the exception of RG. I run a similar deck and I'm around 3300.

nampad

2 magical chest openings today and I pulled 2 legendaries.

On my main account I finally got the princess so now I can complete my payfecta. Those poor fire spirits I was requesting for days grew on me though so I don't know if my deck will be actually better with her.
My main account now has 3 legendaries (ice wiz, miner, princess).

On my alt account I also pulled out a legendary and got my first lvl 2 legendary now...the fucking log. Kind of disappointed with this one. The log already makes the deck I am running now worse and now I got a lvl 2 of it. The account is more of a fun account so I can't bring it over my heart to bench a legendary.
My alt account now got 5 legendary cards (lava hound, ice wiz, princess, level 2 log).

As a F2P gamer, I think I got a decent haul of legendaries here ;)
In other news, my third account just got to arena 7 as a level 7. The trifecta is just incredibly strong.

Future

Lucky. Been playing since beta. Still only Ice Wiz and zero SMCs.

Yeah it's too bad you aren't guaranteed at least one of these. I have been playing everyday since launch and never seen one SMC. Leveling epics is awfully slow without them (which is obviously their business model). I don't mind paying a few bucks here and there for stuff but the cost to buy chests and also have enough gold to upgrade cards is just too prohibitive for me. I've probably spent $60 so far just for gold and it's hard to bring myself to spend more, considering I will always be matched with higher leveled opponents

That 3000 wall will remain for awhile I think

JoeNut

2 magical chest openings today and I pulled 2 legendaries.

On my main account I finally got the princess so now I can complete my payfecta. Those poor fire spirits I was requesting for days grew on me though so I don't know if my deck will be actually better with her.
My main account now has 3 legendaries (ice wiz, miner, princess).

On my alt account I also pulled out a legendary and got my first lvl 2 legendary now...the fucking log. Kind of disappointed with this one. The log already makes the deck I am running now worse and now I got a lvl 2 of it. The account is more of a fun account so I can't bring it over my heart to bench a legendary.
My alt account now got 5 legendary cards (lava hound, ice wiz, princess, level 2 log).

As a F2P gamer, I think I got a decent haul of legendaries here ;)
In other news, my third account just got to arena 7 as a level 7. The trifecta is just incredibly strong.
damn man i've had like 5 magical chests and never had one, my sparky came from a free chest

Ninja Dom

if you can switch out Barbs, you can also switch out Elixir Collector because your deck will be low cost with the exception of RG. I run a similar deck and I'm around 3300.

I'm running:

Fireball
Goblins
Bomber
Hog Rider
Mini PEKKA
Zap
Elixir Pump
Princess

That's an average Elixir cost of 3.4

Do you recommend that I swap out the Elixir Pump too? If so then what for? I'm hovering around the 2500 trophy mark.

Alur

I've gotten 4 legendaries (1 ice wizard, level 2 miner, and 1 log) on my second account from random chests. That's in like 5 weeks.

After several months have still only managed two on my main account (1 ice wizard, 1 miner). RNG indeed.

nampad

Lucky. Been playing since beta. Still only Ice Wiz and zero SMCs.

I've gotten 4 legendaries (1 ice wizard, level 2 miner, and 1 log) on my second account from random chests. That's in like 5 weeks.

After several months have still only managed two on my main account (1 ice wizard, 1 miner). RNG indeed.

The weird thing is it seems that my main and alt account are synchronized with their luck.
When I got my miner out of a SMC on my main account, I got a legendary for my alt on the day before.

Then some weeks ago both accounts got a super magical chest on the same day.
Now both accounts pull a legendary out of a magical on the same day.

damn man i've had like 5 magical chests and never had one, my sparky came from a free chest

I think I got most of mine out of free or crown chests as well. Never expected something from a magical chest.

Dazzler

I've pulled an ice whizz from a crown chest and a lumberjack from a gold chest, nothing from all the magic chests I've received

Running an alt now and I'm at the fringes of pekkas playhouse with it, level 5 and I'm running into 7's and 8's - automatic GG

hollomat

Banned
Based on the responses to the survey, I'll do the 1 hour tourney on Saturday, July 30th at 2pm EST.

Sorry for everyone that time doesn't work for. Unfortunately with Neogaf being a global message board it's impossible to do a time that would work for everyone.

I'll post the name of the tourney and the password around Noon on Saturday and do a 2 hour prep time. Feel free to share the tourney and pass with your clan after I post it.

Sushen

The weird thing is it seems that my main and alt account are synchronized with their luck.
When I got my miner out of a SMC on my main account, I got a legendary for my alt on the day before.

Then some weeks ago both accounts got a super magical chest on the same day.
Now both accounts pull a legendary out of a magical on the same day.

I think I got most of mine out of free or crown chests as well. Never expected something from a magical chest.
Does it look like spending money on the account lowers the chance of getting a free legendary?

Anyone got a free one who spent some money?

broz0rs

I'm running:

Fireball
Goblins
Bomber
Hog Rider
Mini PEKKA
Zap
Elixir Pump
Princess

That's an average Elixir cost of 3.4

Do you recommend that I swap out the Elixir Pump too? If so then what for? I'm hovering around the 2500 trophy mark.

this is a solid deck that i've seen plenty at Arena 9. I highly recommend swapping the elixir pump for a defensive building. It can shut down attacks easy for huge elixir advantage. Highly recommend OJ's tutorial:

Clash Royale | How to Counter Giant Combos Balloon/Sparky/Wizard/Witch

If you still don't like buildings (mini-Pekka is such a great stopper), I'd keep the low cost principle and go with minions, fire spirts, goblin archers, etc

nampad

Does it look like spending money on the account lowers the chance of getting a free legendary?

We will never know for sure but I have seen streamers pulling legendaries from non bought chests.
I think some people of the GAF clan who have spent money also got free legendaries later on.

always producing Nampad, Thanks!

No problem, happy to see some GAF internal matches and getting some free chests.

Eldon

Yeah, i got 2 free princesses, a lumberjack an ice wiz 2 miners. The only thing i bought were around 20€ of gold to buy the ice wiz from the shop, but at first I got the one princess as f2p.

Matush

0€ spent, first I got Lava, month or so later Princess, in the span of one week two Logs and today I spent 40k saved up gold on Ice Wiz.

JoeNut

I've spent a few quid but got my legendary in a free chest yeah.

Currently on my highest ever trophies with
RG
Goblin barrel
Muskateer
Fire spirit
Minion
Barbs
Zap
Bomber

Gob barrel can be devastating used at the right moment

Top Bottom