• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Thanks. Since people want a shorter tourney we might as well stop this one now. Whoever happens to be at the top right now is declared the winner. Deal?

I like a longer tourney. Two days might be pushing it, but since the rewards are garbage anyways I like to play just so I have a spot for games outside of the ladder.

By the way people keep putting their tourney tag in reference to tournaments. How do you search by that anyways? The one with #.

No problem! The tourney is free anyways because of the achievement and I already had the gems so happy to do it. Of course you would beat me and demand we stop it now. >=/

I wish there were something in between 1 day and 2 days but really I just want a place to fuck around with decks after I'm done collecting chests on the ladder. This fits the bill. 8)

Also I guess you can search by the #. Never tried it but I include it just in case. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Alur

I can't help but think how much more fun we could all have if we were allowed to have a clan big enough for all of us, or at least big enough so that instead of having 4 or 5 clans we just had two.

Dazzler

I can't help but think how much more fun we could all have if we were allowed to have a clan big enough for all of us, or at least big enough so that instead of having 4 or 5 clans we just had two.

It'll go that way eventually. We could probably start merging clans soon at this point

Also, in tournaments does anyone else wait until all the top players are in game before battling, or is that just me?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Upgrading my giant to Lvl 7 shot me up comfortably several hundred trophies.

So, now I'm sitting between 2400-2500 and... every second person seems to be a cry emote spamming idiot? At least in the 10 or so games I have played today. I only ever experienced it in 1 in 20 games so far further down the ladder.

Does it only get worse from here?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Randomly adding a rocket to your deck, then facing a sparky user the next fight where you rocket his sparky FOUR times....

*insert antonio banderas gif*

Love it.

I'm actually getting some pretty good mileage out of the rocket since people use so many pumps. It's also great for when people try to stack up a push behind a giant.

spyder_ur

Randomly adding a rocket to your deck, then facing a sparky user the next fight where you rocket his sparky FOUR times....

*insert antonio banderas gif*

Love it.

I'm actually getting some pretty good mileage out of the rocket since people use so many pumps. It's also great for when people try to stack up a push behind a giant.

I never even thought about using rocket against Sparky. I guess it's a negative elixir trade, though they're often started near their tower so I guess you get damage to that tower as well.

My experiences around Sparky decks is that they are totally reliant on Sparky and rarely have a decent backup plan if you disrupt that. My favorite play is a quick rush on the other side (something like mini pekka and gobs or minions). They have to react, and then Sparky can fall to gobs or minions or zap easy enough.

commish

I never even thought about using rocket against Sparky. I guess it's a negative elixir trade, though they're often started near their tower so I guess you get damage to that tower as well.

My experiences around Sparky decks is that they are totally reliant on Sparky and rarely have a decent backup plan if you disrupt that. My favorite play is a quick rush on the other side (something like mini pekka and gobs or minions). They have to react, and then Sparky can fall to gobs or minions easy enough.

Yeah, sparky always starts near the tower, so you can also get 500+ damage to the tower. Or you can wait until they start the sparky train and get all the units with the sparky as well, minus the inevitable giant. As you said, sparky decks are 100% reliant on sparky, so if you can neutralize it whenever you want with a rocket, it's almost impossible to lose. Unfortunately this only has value as I'm climbing back up from 3000 at reset. Not many ppl at higher levels use sparky.

So I got a princess and now I am trying to fit it in my current deck but that isn't working very well...

Elixir Collector
Wizard
Giant Skeleton
Minions
Ice Wizard
Mini Pekka
Cannon
Zap

What would I remove to fit Princess in? Or should I just try to make a new Princess-centric deck?

commish

So I got a princess and now I am trying to fit it in my current deck but that isn't working very well...

Elixir Collector
Wizard
Giant Skeleton
Minions
Ice Wizard
Mini Pekka
Cannon
Zap

What would I remove to fit Princess in? Or should I just try to make a new Princess-centric deck?

I would probably replace wizard with princess to make the deck cheaper. Princess can do a lot of what the wizard gives you (but I do love the wizard!). I probably wouldn't use both wizards in this case though.

I would probably replace wizard with princess to make the deck cheaper. Princess can do a lot of what the wizard gives you (but I do love the wizard!). I probably wouldn't use both wizards in this case though.

Wizard and Ice Wizard are amazing together but putting in Princess seems to make it way too range focused and frail. I rely on a combination of Mini Pekka, Giant Skeley and Wizard to do my real damage. Princess just doesn't do enough damage to warrant taking out Minions or Cannon either.

I'm thinking I just need an entirely new deck... if only I had Miner to combo with it...

JoeNut

Feel like this meta just isn't working for me regardless of what cards I use.

I've got the cards to do giant balloo, but don't know how to use it, I do ok with my sparky deck etc, but I just can't get past 2700, and went on a huge slump messing around
Gonna wait till next balance changes and just donate and get free chests I think.

Neogaf elite still recruiting :)

Matush

Ice Wizard is beyond broken, christ, he can easily stop my 9 elixir push without any problems,or can stop Barbs with 2 elixir adv, I mean wtf, what a joke.

nampad

Upgrading my giant to Lvl 7 shot me up comfortably several hundred trophies.

So, now I'm sitting between 2400-2500 and... every second person seems to be a cry emote spamming idiot? At least in the 10 or so games I have played today. I only ever experienced it in 1 in 20 games so far further down the ladder.

Does it only get worse from here?

I get spammed across the board (main: 2800-3000, alt 1: 2200-2300, alt 2: 1700) 😭

Ice Wizard is beyond broken, christ, he can easily stop my 9 elixir push without any problems,or can stop Barbs with 2 elixir adv, I mean wtf, what a joke.

I still hate the princess more. From my 5 different legendaries i have, she is my favorite card.

Ice Wizard is overpowered but I think he should be able to stop Barbs alone with the tower. Fire spirits can stop them even cheaper if placed perfectly.

GG btw.

Feel like this meta just isn't working for me regardless of what cards I use.

I've got the cards to do giant balloo, but don't know how to use it, I do ok with my sparky deck etc, but I just can't get past 2700, and went on a huge slump messing around
Gonna wait till next balance changes and just donate and get free chests I think.

Neogaf elite still recruiting :)

Its not only the meta it is also the usual tilt, may it be for whatever reasons. Just dropped like crazy too :/

It really is a stupid card, I think it is stronger than Princess (not Miner) but I really haven't learned the tricks to Princess yet. Thanks for the game regardless!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The thing about these long tournaments is you can never really know when anyone is going to be online playing. If you set it to 1-2 hours, you can pretty much guarantee you'll have 80% of the players on for nearly the entire time.

Just noticed the description on it too lol. I can switch out from my Miner deck if you really want.

Alur

I would really like to do a no legendary tourney (as best we can, naturally) because I think we have far more folks without than with. Or at the least a 1 legendary limit.

It's easy for me to enjoy a tournament cause I have all the legendaries. Not so much for others.

hollomat

Banned
I would really like to do a no legendary tourney (as best we can, naturally) because I think we have far more folks without than with. Or at the least a 1 legendary limit.

It's easy for me to enjoy a tournament cause I have all the legendaries. Not so much for others.

It would great if supercell implemented a function allowing tournament creators to select cards to ban. Would be very interesting to see a tournament where no legendaries or spells are allowed for example.

Even with 3 legendaries (including miner) I hate playing against miner!

The thing about these long tournaments is you can never really know when anyone is going to be online playing. If you set it to 1-2 hours, you can pretty much guarantee you'll have 80% of the players on for nearly the entire time.

Just noticed the description on it too lol. I can switch out from my Miner deck if you really want.
Nah, totally /s about the Miners (not about Reddit invaders).

Yea, maybe the next GAF tourney someone will do a couple hours. That sounds like fun.

Ninja Dom

Princess is the only Legendary I have and my most valuable card.

Longest range of all the characters. And providing she has the distance between her she can take out Minions Horde, Barbarians, Ice & Fire Spirits, the Goblins, Witch, Skeletons and more.

What I like is that she has a nice area damage that hits everything regardless of if it's in the air or not. As long as an enemy is within her arrow landing area circle then the flame arrows will damage it. So one shot can take out BOTH Minion Horde in the air AND Goblins on the ground.

All at just 3 Elixir.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

No Legendary tourney would be really fun, and I think we could probably do it even without built in rules as long as everyone knows beforehand.

Alur

No Legendary tourney would be really fun, and I think we could probably do it even without built in rules as long as everyone knows beforehand.

I'm sure most of us would be cool about it...but there would inevitably be a couple of shitstirrers in the bunch and there's really nothing anyone could do about them but ignore them.

EDIT: Also, poor Habs. RIP.

Brakke

Banned
I have enough gems to host a tourney, too. I kinda wanna do a silly gimmick one like "no cards above 3 elixir" or "only structures" or something but I dunno if it's going to be possible to enforce or even communicate that.

Post it here with the requirements, put them in the tourney description and have us invite those from our clans that understand the rules.

-Boomclap

hollomat

Banned
I have enough gems to host a tourney, too. I kinda wanna do a silly gimmick one like "no cards above 3 elixir" or "only structures" or something but I dunno if it's going to be possible to enforce or even communicate that.

What might be better to do is just PM different people from the clans the rules of your tourney and tourney details. Then they can invite people from their clans and tell them the rules. Doing it this way would prevent lurkers who wouldn't care about the rules.

People joining the clan of each tourney member, begging for password then promptly returning to their actual clan is apparently a thing. Just happened to our clan, but thankfully we were in a tournament where we guessed the password.

So many people putting their name as the password. It's great.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Shoutout to Nekki from the GAF Royale Clan, I only won because all your cards and your towers weren't at tournament level. You kept me on my toes.

spyder_ur

Around 34-3500 cups just played a match against the following deck: Princess level 4, Ice Wiz level 4, miner level 4, all maxed out rares and commons. Seriously, if you're not a streamer (I was curious so I checked and they're not) how much does a deck like this cost? And you're not even guaranteed getting what you want.

I've spent a few dollars on this game, but this baffles me.

commish

How is that guy not higher already? He should never lose until 3700+ I would imagine.

Yesterday I fought a guy with level 10 cards (which is what I have), but his cup high was only 2100. How is that even possible? He even had a sparky.

nampad

So the rule for the tournament right now is just NO MINER?
Heck, the only worthwhile deck I have :/

Around 34-3500 cups just played a match against the following deck: Princess level 4, Ice Wiz level 4, miner level 4, all maxed out rares and commons. Seriously, if you're not a streamer (I was curious so I checked and they're not) how much does a deck like this cost? And you're not even guaranteed getting what you want.

I've spent a few dollars on this game, but this baffles me.

There are some incredible rich people who just don't care. I have heard that the guys from hkEsports (or other chinese clan) are sponsored by some chinese billionaire/millionaire for fun. He just maxes their accounts.

How is that guy not higher already? He should never lose until 3700+ I would imagine.

Yesterday I fought a guy with level 10 cards (which is what I have), but his cup high was only 2100. How is that even possible? He even had a sparky.

They are just bad, might be because they are kids or so (or just unskilled).

broz0rs

I swear Ice Wizard standing alone in front of a tower in the face of a massive attack is like Gandalf in LOTR shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

nampad

Read some joke post on reddit about the skeleton army and it actually got me thinking about a funny idea.
We all discuss overpowered cards and the best decks but what would probably be the worst deck in this game?

Go for it, that "rule" was just a "joke" because I don't have it 8*(. I changed the desc.

Thanks gor the info.

commish

I swear Ice Wizard standing alone in front of a tower in the face of a massive attack is like Gandalf in LOTR shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

It's dumb how much one ice wizard can stop by himself. It allows people to be super aggressive on offense because one IW can totally stop a giant push long enough to generate defense.

hollomat

Banned
Read some joke post on reddit about the skeleton army and it actually got me thinking about a funny idea.
We all discuss overpowered cards and the best decks but what would probably be the worst deck in this game?

Thanks gor the info.

Freeze
Mirror
Rage
Cannon
Inferno tower
Tesla
Elixir collector
Bomb tower

No deck could be worse than that. All cards that can't do any damage to your opponents towers combined into one.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Freeze
Mirror
Rage
Cannon
Inferno tower
Tesla
Elixir collector
Bomb tower

No deck could be worse than that. All cards that can't do any damage to your opponents towers combined into one.

Someone in our clan shared a replay of someone that pretty much had that deck, swapping out mirror and range for two direct damage cards. Essentially a troll deck for forcing a draw.

dennism

hi guys, any clan open? looking for an active clan with lots of donations

im legend rank, usually around 3.4-3.5k by season end

hollomat

Banned
hi guys, any clan open? looking for an active clan with lots of donations

im legend rank, usually around 3.4-3.5k by season end

GAF (#QYYQCQ). We're very active, have the highest trophies of the Neogaf clans, and have never had a donation request unfilled. Send a request and I'll accept it. Just say you're from neogaf in the request.

nampad

Freeze
Mirror
Rage
Cannon
Inferno tower
Tesla
Elixir collector
Bomb tower

Wow, did not think of something like that, lol.
That must be it.

Quitted GAF to join my friends.... 2 weeks after they are not playing anymore....

any way I can join a GAF clan?

I donated a ton ... low arena 8... trying to move away from RG (way too boring )

nampad

I finally convinced my fiancee, a total non gamer, to play Clash Royale after she was always angry at me for spending so much time on the game.

She is now hooked. Unfortunately, she likes to tease people with emotes after she wins. What should I do GAF?

I finally convinced my fiancee, a total non gamer, to play Clash Royale after she was always angry at me for spending so much time on the game.

She is now hooked. Unfortunately, she likes to tease people with emotes after she wins. What should I do GAF?

Format her phone remotely.

Top Bottom