• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Matush

Wow, just pulled Miner from 2nd place tourney chest (20 cards). I feel like luckiest sob since I was debating if I should invest 40k into Ice Wiz or Miner. Glad I bought Ice Wiz like 3 days ago.

Also fun fact, from around 10 tourney chest I was able to pull 2 legendaries already (first was Log). There is def. higher chance in tourney chests to get one imo.

Still Level 8. Around 2700 trophies. Still no Legendaries. Still no Legendaries.

I haven't yet put any money into the game. At this point, I probably won't unless/until I actually get a Legendary.

It's mighty tiring to lose narrowly to Level 10 dudes with 2-3 Legendaries in their deck, particularly when they spam 'Oops' or laughing kings (or whatever).

This game sucks. It is trash. But I love it. It's like having an evil child. I can't stop loving her.

Still Level 8. Around 2700 trophies. Still no Legendaries. Still no Legendaries.

I haven't yet put any money into the game. At this point, I probably won't unless/until I actually get a Legendary.

It's mighty tiring to lose narrowly to Level 10 dudes with 2-3 Legendaries in their deck, particularly when they spam 'Oops' or laughing kings (or whatever).

This game sucks. It is trash. But I love it. It's like having an evil child. I can't stop loving her.

I didn't get my first legendary till I was in leg. Arena and saved 40k for one. I got my first SMC today after 1700+ wins.

biocat

You're welcome to join us in GAF Royale as well. #Q8C9CY

We're about to merge with another GAF clan, so it'll be a full house after this weekend if we can get everyone in and get it sorted. We're at 39/50 atm, bout ~12k donates per week.

I just sent a request to join. I've been in a Japanese clan since the game launched. I'm in Tokyo, so hopefully the time difference doesn't cause too much trouble. Looking forward to playing with you!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Miner is just dirty...

There are plenty of strong cards depending how you play them. Miner isn't that strong in attack so he's really just a distraction tank. Also useful when someone does a giant with a witch behind as you can get in behind it. But witch and valk are my main hates (probably due to the deck I use). Valk is super strong and fucks up any ground units, and witch just seems super powerful these days - she can hold off multiple units with her fast firing plus skellies.

hollomat

Banned
Hollomat, is it possible to make the clan international so our international friends can join us?

It is international. The trophy requirement was probably just too high. I've lowered it now though.

When you request to join make sure to say you're from GAF in the request. The reason I keep the trophy count high is we get so much spam requests every time I lower it.

Request to join #QYYQCQ again and it should work.

Edit: We are also above 27,000 trophies for the first time!

nampad

It is international. The trophy requirement was probably just too high. I've lowered it now though.

When you request to join make sure to say you're from GAF in the request. The reason I keep the trophy count high is we get so much spam requests every time I lower it.

Request to join #QYYQCQ again and it should work.

Edit: We are also above 27,000 trophies for the first time!

Woah...a bit more and we could make top 200 in the USA.

thy_

Hollomat are you still doing the 1h tournament today?

I just got up to 500 gems and depending on how it goes, would perhaps use the same time slot tommorow.

Future

I got to arena 9 for a short spurt and ice wizard showed up in the shop. If you don't want to spend money ya gotta grind yourself up to 3000 trophies and save your gold to make flat purchases

hollomat

Banned
Yup, going to start the prep in one hour so the tourney will start at 2pm EST.

I am truly an idiot. I created the tournament, but forgot to set a password. Of course it filled up in less than one second. Damn it.

Tourney name is A Song of Waffles and Tacos (#UQ9CJ2)

Password now is 8769

I feel so stupid.

Edit: There's 9 open spots currently, so at least some people should be able to get in.

Hollomat are you still doing the 1h tournament today?

I just got up to 500 gems and depending on how it goes, would perhaps use the same time slot tommorow.

Definitely definitely definitely do not make the same mistake as me. I rushed through creating the tournament and immediately after realized I forgot to set the password.

thy_

I am truly an idiot. I created the tournament, but forgot to set a password. Of course it filled up in less than one second. Damn it.

Tourney name is A Song of Waffles and Tacos

Password now is 8769

I feel so stupid.

Do you want to abandon it it? And I make a new one. Or can't you leave your own tournament?

hollomat

Banned
Do you want to abandon it it? And I make a new one. Or can't you leave your own tournament?

I wish it was that simple. Once it's been started you can't cancel it or kick anyone out. At least I made it two hour prep time. Seems like that's making some people drop out.

thy_

I wish it was that simple. Once it's been started you can't cancel it or kick anyone out. At least I made it two hour prep time. Seems like that's making some people drop out.

Can you change the description, to tell everyone that you will let the timer run down completly?

ValfarHL

Just 2 months ago all you needed was 24,000 trophies to make top 200 in the USA.

If you do decide to join another clan instead, let me know. We've gotten about 20 spam requests already!

Noo, I wanna join you guys, and Boomclap. :D

Edit: required trophies are still 2000.

Edit2: not anymore. I sent request to join but forgot to write I'm from gaf. :(

hollomat

Banned
Noo, I wanna join you guys, and Boomclap. :D

Edit: required trophies are still 2000.

Lowered them. Sorry I raised them back cause we were getting so much spam requests.

Damn, sorry I rejected you. You didn't say from neogaf so I didn't realize. We get about 20 spam requests that just have the generic message so its hard to tell who is from the board unless they say it in the message.

Can you request again?

hollomat

Banned
Well the tourney didn't go quite as planned, but it was still pretty fun.

I went 6-0 in the beginning, but then fell apart as I kept facing poison deck after poison deck. Randos took the top 3 spaces, but thyy almost made it in there.

thy_

Well the tourney didn't go quite as planned, but it was still pretty fun.

I went 6-0 in the beginning, but then fell apart as I kept facing poison deck after poison deck. Randos took the top 3 spaces, but thyy almost made it in there.

Good games everyone.

Couldn't finish it of against the furnaces and drew my last game to get top3.

nampad

That was my second draw in the tournament.

Won 11 / Drew 2 / Lost 2

I wonder who that second draw was against? ;)

Played most of the tournament like shit. Lost against 2 lvl 8s which I should have won but after joining the tourney late I played too reckless and was punished for it.

In other news, now my trifecta account also just got a legendary out of the crown chest (Miner). Now I have at least 1 legendary on every account :D
Sad thing is, I only wanted to play trifecta with that account.

Akseth

Neo Member
Probably me that rejected you. I never saw the word 'GAF' in the request and I wasn't made aware that 'Elite' was the entry word.

NP. May have to change that entry word now. Is there a way to reapply, or do I have to find myself a new clan (I also get the "banned" notice)?

thy_

I want to do a 1h gaf tournament today.
One with a password right from the start. :p

Any reason why I shouldn't use the same time slot as hollomat's had yesterday?

The tournament would start at 2pm PST EST/ 20:00 CEST with a 2h prep time before, so the name and password can spread in the clan chats.

Edit: stupid timezones

Defuso

NeoGAF has open spots too. #20Y9PQ
No trophy requirement, only need to donate 25 per week
We are at 22889 Clan Score and are really active!

hollomat

Banned
I want to do a 1h gaf tournament today.
One with a password right from the start. :p

Any reason why I shouldn't use the same time slot as hollomat's had yesterday?

The tournament would start at 2pm PST/ 20:00 CEST with a 2h prep time before, so the name and password can spread in the clan chats.

Haha, definitely make sure to put a password in before you start. I'd also recommend making the password only available to see by quoting your post. A few lurkers made it into my tournament yesterday.

The time slot I used yesterday was actually 2pm EST, but go for whatever time works for you.

thy_

Haha, definitely make sure to put a password in before you start. I'd also recommend making the password only available to see by quoting your post. A few lurkers made it into my tournament yesterday.

The time slot I used yesterday was actually 2pm EST, but go for whatever time works for you.

yeah brainfart on my part. I meant 2 pm EST, which actually is 20:00 CEST.

Top Bottom