• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
Ice Wizard nerf isn't too too bad. 700HP minus 5% makes him 665HP.

What is Level 2 Ice Wizard's HP?

770 hp. The hp nerf won't do too much. The 35 less hp and lvl one and 38 less hp at lvl 2 really won't make any difference. It's the freezing ability that should've been nerfed slightly.

Alur

The nerf isn't too bad. Just means she won't be as awesome ins spraying everything in vicinity. I always laugh when she sprays the opponents tower, elixir collector, and minions at the same time. Gotta be demoralizing.

I disagree on it not being too bad. She'll still be good, sure, but whether she's auto include anymore as a great defensive card that converts to offense remains to be seen. Minion Horde will be much more effective now, for example. She will still hit the full group of barbs (they are the exactly radius of her splash now), and gobs and such are still fair game. She'll not be as useful when dropped at the bridge for damage is the main thing that I see affecting her. I'm not entirely sure she'd hit another Princess standing next to a tower now which does at least remove that annoying interaction.

770 hp. The hp nerf won't do too much. The 35 less hp and lvl one and 38 less hp at lvl 2 really won't make any difference. It's the freezing ability that should've been nerfed slightly.

Yeah, Ice Wizard still gonna be good at what Ice Wizard was good at. He'll just die slightly quicker now, but not enough to really matter. Him and Miner are now what they were pre-buff before people figured out they were good.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Same for Baby Dragon, at tournament level it holds up way better against a musketteer. It still loses the encounter but the musk won't get a shot in at a tower afterwards.

hollomat

Banned
The princess nerf seems barely noticeable.

Same with the miner nerf.

The RG nerf is much more noticeable and definitely impacts his damage.

Lumberjack and 3 musketeers seemed to be very popular this morning so I may have to switch to fireball. Poison also seemed to be everywhere.

Can't even tell what the Princess nerf was even after reading the patch notes.

Lumberjack + Giant is so common now. I really need to get my rares to Lv8 especially my huts.

The princess nerf seems barely noticeable.

Same with the miner nerf.

The RG nerf is much more noticeable and definitely impacts his damage.

Lumberjack and 3 musketeers seemed to be very popular this morning so I may have to switch to fireball. Poison also seemed to be everywhere.

According to Reddit princess can no longer keep up with spawner decks and will be killed by goblins from gob hut and furnace. That's a pretty huge difference.

edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBu_qc6GG0

As a spawner, okay that's nice. I generally place my Goblin Hut behind the tower to the side though, and the Princess will still kill all the Gobs. Barb Hut to somewhere in the middle is always good for getting aggro.

Alur

Damn, was that Princess drunk? She aims like I do in Overwatch.

This is the Hanzo nerf all over again. ba-dum-tish..

broz0rs

Lumberjack is fucking ridiculous now

haha that thing wails its axe like it's playing whack-a-mole. 0.7 aspd is no joke, fastest in the game with Witch.

I haven't seen it yet, but i'm going to guess that players who are running hog, miner, mini-pekka should sub out hog for lumberjack for a very scary combo.

spyder_ur

I am completely lost right now. I lost 14 straight games in ladder and tourney before winning a ladder match. That's never happened to me before. I was too reliant on my RG and Princess I guess.

Games seem slower to me. I don't like the patch so far.

Oh and still:
fuck
miner.

Alur

I haven't seen it yet, but i'm going to guess that players who are running hog, miner, mini-pekka should sub out hog for lumberjack for a very scary combo.

Nah, sub out Mini Pekka in that. They fill the same role. Lumberjack is much better defensively now. So long as he transports your troops with rage or gets more than a whack or two in on the tower, he's a net upgrade.

Dazzler

Nah, sub out Mini Pekka in that. They fill the same role. Lumberjack is much better defensively now. So long as he transports your troops with rage or gets more than a whack or two in on the tower, he's a net upgrade.

I'm running MP and LJ alongside hog, it's a pretty nimble combo and easy to cycle around to any two of them together

Alur

I'm running MP and LJ alongside hog, it's a pretty nimble combo and easy to cycle around to any two of them together

That works too. What else is in the deck to pick up the slack and defend, though?

Yeah there's a popular deck on ladder that runs:

Hog Rider // Mini Pekka // Guards // Ice Spirit // Princess // Minions // Freeze // Zap

I've already seen it with Lumberjack placed in the Mini Pekka spot.

Seems like the only thing that will stop the proliferation of Mini P is a better version of Mini P.

Dazzler

That works too. What else is in the deck to pick up the slack and defend, though?

Yeah there's a popular deck on ladder that runs:

Hog Rider // Mini Pekka // Guards // Ice Spirit // Princess // Minions // Freeze // Zap

I've already seen it with Lumberjack placed in the Mini Pekka spot.

Seems like the only thing that will stop the proliferation of Mini P is a better version of Mini P.

My deck is:

Lumberjack
Ice Whizz
Hog
Zap
Minions
Musketeer
Mini Pekka
Tombstone

Mistouze

Finally a legendary in my shop!

It's the log, FML. I need to hang in Arena 9 to snatch a second Miner or a Princess for my deck. Supercell plz.

Ninja Dom

So after 24 hours, does everybody think the Lumberjack is overpowered?

I faced another Lumberjack player but he hardly used the card. As if he was unaware just how awesome the card is now. He kept playing other cards in place of his Lumberjack.

I saved up 40K to buy a miner, but it sounds like LJ might be an even more OP card now? I'm currently running Giant + Sparky + Wizard but I wanted to blow the whole thing up and build a new deck around the legendary I'm about to buy. So I pose it to you guys, if you could have only one of the two, which would you get? I think I have decently leveled cards to pair with either.

hollomat

Banned
With the next update, supercell really needs to do something about epic rates. It's crazy that it's easier to get a tournament level legendary than a tournament level epic.

I have lvl 12 Royal giant and I'm about to get lvl 12 barbarians, but I only have the cards to get 3 epics to lvl 4 assuming I wanted to buy the gold to lvl them. And even that is only because I got lucky and have gotten 2 free super magical A9 chests 2 months ago.

Even if I like an epic, I can't use it in my deck because lvl 3 epics and even lvl 4 epics simply aren't high enough for 3400-3500 trophies.

I saved up 40K to buy a miner, but it sounds like LJ might be an even more OP card now? I'm currently running Giant + Sparky + Wizard but I wanted to blow the whole thing up and build a new deck around the legendary I'm about to buy. So I pose it to you guys, if you could have only one of the two, which would you get? I think I have decently leveled cards to pair with either.

If the cards to go with the legendary are the same for each legendary, it all comes down to which style of deck you'd rather run.

Personally I'd go with lumberjack, but I may be biased cause I'm not a fan of the miner. I have a lvl 2 miner, but hardly ever use it just because the play style for decks that go along with him isn't how I like to play clash royale.

Alur

Miner is still the card of the meta. The nerf hurt him a tad, but he's still prolific as hell.

Right now Lumberjack is the FOTM. If he's in the top decks at Super Magical Cup on the weekend and on the leaderboard into next week, he might be the better option, but I wouldn't go wholesale into him just yet. He's strong and could be OpieOP, but we know Miner is OpieOP.

I still haven't seen Lumberjack too much on TV Royale or the top of the leaderboard to see how the top players are utilizing him. Most of the decks I've encountered don't seem fully tuned yet with Lumberjack in them, so he's just been a very fast Mini Pekka for the most part.

Even if I like an epic, I can't use it in my deck because lvl 3 epics and even lvl 4 epics simply aren't high enough for 3400-3500 trophies.

There are two exceptions to that. Level 4 Guards and Level 4 Poison will definitely work from 3000-3750. I haven't made it farther than that, but they def work at those levels and I encounter them pretty regularly. Level 5 would be better for that range, but those two don't rely on their level as much due to their unique usage compared to something like Prince or what have you.

Alur

EDIT: hollomat and thyy check your PM's please.

The Rum Ham puts on the Super Magical Cup every weekend. It's a tournament featuring the top tournament players of Clash Royale.

It's shown on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/supermagicalcup

You can go there and watch the VODs of recent tournaments. A lot of the decks that dominate on ladder emerge from this tournament, or variations of them. Giant was popularized there by clyde, for example, before it was picked up by everyone else over the past month or so. It's good stuff, teach you a hell of a lot about high level.

Ninja Dom

I really can't understand why I get to 3000 trophies. Then I'll drop down to 2700 in a matter of hours. Claw my way back up to 3000 over the course of a few days, then drop again in a few hours. Happens every week. So frustrating. These losing streaks frustrate me so much.

If I lose two games, fucking bet I'll lose another 4 in a row whether I take a break or not.

Alur

Are you stopping and taking a break if you lose two in a row?

EDIT: If you're constantly hitting losing streaks, it's on you not Supercell. It'll happen for a day or two, but often when I realize I'm on it I have gotten on tilt. I pre-play shit, don't think out what I'm doing, overcommit to pushes that are already dying, etc. Patience is a virtue in this game, both in leveling your towers/cards and in actually playing.

EDITx2: You also have to realize running RG + Sparky is super feast or famine. Just by virtue of relying on such a heavy deck you're gonna see more swings than most simply depending on whether a person can handle Sparky or not. If you want something more reliable, you gotta go Giant + Sparky or go all-in with RG like we've told you ad nauseam.

Kioshen

I really can't understand why I get to 3000 trophies. Then I'll drop down to 2700 in a matter of hours. Claw my way back up to 3000 over the course of a few days, then drop again in a few hours. Happens every week. So frustrating. These losing streaks frustrate me so much.

If I lose two games, fucking bet I'll lose another 4 in a row whether I take a break or not.

After getting my trophy myself today by breaching A5 I've lost five in a row just because I wanted a chest in my bar so bad I just rage queued over and over. So I'm square back to the middle A4 and can understand your frustrations.

Ninja Dom

Are you stopping and taking a break if you lose two in a row?

EDIT: If you're constantly hitting losing streaks, it's on you not Supercell. It'll happen for a day or two, but often when I realize I'm on it I have gotten on tilt. I pre-play shit, don't think out what I'm doing, overcommit to pushes that are already dying, etc. Patience is a virtue in this game, both in leveling your towers/cards and in actually playing.

EDITx2: You also have to realize running RG + Sparky is super feast or famine. Just by virtue of relying on such a heavy deck you're gonna see more swings than most simply depending on whether a person can handle Sparky or not. If you want something more reliable, you gotta go Giant + Sparky or go all-in with RG like we've told you ad nauseam.

After getting my trophy myself today by breaching A5 I've lost five in a row just because I wanted a chest in my bar so bad I just rage queued over and over. So I'm square back to the middle A4 and can understand your frustrations.

I shouldn't get too frustrated really. I'm still only Level 9 and constantly knocking on Legendary Arena's door. That's not too bad.

To those in Legendary Arena, what's the lowest level player you've seen in there?

Fluctuating between 2700 and 3000 trophies, in Frozen Peak I mainly fight Level 10's. Now and again there is the odd Level 8 and I've seen a Level 11 in there too.

I can probably count in one hand the number of Lv8s I've seen in Legendary. I occasionally see Lv9s.

I'm in 3100-3200 range. In terms of frequency it's probably 80% Lv10, 15% Lv9, 4.999% Lv11s and 0.001% Lv8.

It's pretty much a minimum requirement to be tourney level (9/9/7/4/1) to get into and stay in Legendary.

Mistouze

I shouldn't get too frustrated really. I'm still only Level 9 and constantly knocking on Legendary Arena's door. That's not too bad.

To those in Legendary Arena, what's the lowest level player you've seen in there?

Fluctuating between 2700 and 3000 trophies, in Frozen Peak I mainly fight Level 10's. Now and again there is the odd Level 8 and I've seen a Level 11 in there too.
You shoud see an improvement once you get to lvl 10, that's what happenned to me. Then the hardest part is clearing the 3000-3100 hell zone. Pretty comfy in 3100-3200 right now, waiting for this week-end's reset.

Ninja Dom

I can probably count in one hand the number of Lv8s I've seen in Legendary. I occasionally see Lv9s.

It's pretty much a minimum requirement to be tourney level (9/9/7/4/1) to get into and stay in Legendary.

You shoud see an improvement once you get to lvl 10, that's what happenned to me. Then the hardest part is clearing the 3000-3100 hell zone. Pretty comfy in 3100-3200 right now, waiting for this week-end's reset.

It's the staying in Legendary that's getting me. I'll win the "invitational" Legendary matches when I'm at 2900ish trophies, but once I actually cross the 3000 mark and I'm in Legendary officially, I start losing.

Mistouze

It's the staying in Legendary that's getting me. I'll win the "invitational" Legendary matches when I'm at 2900ish trophies, but once I actually cross the 3000 mark and I'm in Legendary officially, I start losing.
Heh, isn't it kinda the same for all arena's treshold? Keep at it, level up and eventually you'll get there.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Seems like you are punching above your weight as a Level 9 to me.

Achieving Level 10 should comfortably punch you through I imagine.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm in 3100-3200 range. In terms of frequency it's probably 80% Lv10, 15% Lv9, 4.999% Lv11s and 0.001% Lv8.

If I see a level 8 in legendary, then I am 100% certain they will have some type of gimmick deck or using a sparky. 100%.

Alur

I've seen a level 9 as high as 3600. Granted they had level 12 cards. Almost every level 9 or 10 I see above 3500 has overleveled cards though. It's pretty much the only way as the card levels continue to climb higher and higher.

Being level 9 on the cusp on Legendary Arena running that deck is pretty good Ninja. Level 10 will def help out with that, and in that time your cards will level as well.

Top Bottom