• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Alur

Still have one open spot in GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY). Join us for glory and commiseration. And donations.

There's these two guys in the clan named GuyFive and JoeNut and they are awesome. I even heard one was a real life zen master and Phil Jackson learned all his secrets about leadership from him.

japtor

Near zero defense matches are fun. As my opponent threw out a pekka, witch, spear goblins, and Valkyrie, I went with knight, giant, witch, and balloon. Took out their first tower before my balloon even got there, while his pekka and company just reached mine. I zapped and arrowed his group after he took out my tower and he froze my group after it already did a little more damage, but once the freeze was done he had no chance. The witch had basically built up a skeleton army at that point on top of everything else still going, the tower was done in a few seconds.

Alur

Hey I'm requesting regular giants only, now :p

wM2nprq.gif

You da real MVP Nekki.

Ninja Dom

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I've swapped Giant for RG, Bomber for Minions, still running Sparky (simply cos I paid for the SMG it came from and now my trophy high is 2998. So all your advice has helped. has helped.

Only join GAF Royale if you have an excess of Royal Giants to donate, lol.

Yeah, Royal GG is en vogue for requests.

Hey I'm requesting regular giants only, now :p

wM2nprq.gif

You da real MVP Nekki.

I'm done requesting Zap...for now. On to Minions. Then to RG. GAF Royale stay strong!!

Kioshen

Still have one open spot in GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY). Join us for glory and commiseration. And donations.

There's these two guys in the clan named GuyFive and JoeNut and they are awesome. I even heard one was a real life zen master and Phil Jackson learned all his secrets about leadership from him.

Just started this game (A1, 355 trophy, lv3). Don't think I'll be able to contribute much for now but can I join ?

thy_

Just started this game (A1, 355 trophy, lv3). Don't think I'll be able to contribute much for now but can I join ?

GAF Royale #Q8C9CY
GAF #QYYQCQ
NeoGAF #20Y9PQ
Neogaf #Y8CGRR

are the 4 most active gaf-clans.

I'll reduce the trophy requirements of Neogaf #Y8CGRR for the next 2 hours, so you can join if you want to. (And alur doesn't respond fast enough)

No matter which clan you decide to join, make sure you mention your neogaf name in the request.

Alur

Yeah Kioshen, you can join us. The trophy count is lowered for the moment. GAF Royale #Q8C9CY. Make sure you include your GAF ID in the request.

Kioshen

Thanks guys ! I've sent my request. Not too sure when I'll be able to contribute anything but I'll try to get to it asap. Not lost once since starting because I've had a prince card early on. Got lucky there I guess.

Dazzler

Mentioned this in clan chat but freeze is such a fucker of a card these days. You just don't expect it anymore

Some guy melted one of my towers right at the start with a basic hog/gobs push + freeze

Only problem with it is, you get one shot at it, and after that it's a redundant card

hollomat

Banned
I've had a legendary in my shop every day for the last week. Anyone else in legendary arena have this?

Knowing supercell, this could be what they mean by making it easier to get legendaries.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Finally got my first legendary and it's a lava hound :/

I would happily swap ice wizard, princess, or miner into my deck. But I'd have to refactor my deck massively to support lava hound, and I don't have the necessary cards leveled even if I wanted to change up.

Oh well.

Ninja Dom

Finally got my first legendary and it's a lava hound :/

I would happily swap ice wizard, princess, or miner into my deck. But I'd have to refactor my deck massively to support lava hound, and I don't have the necessary cards leveled even if I wanted to change up.

Oh well.

What level and arena are you in? Lava Hound at 7 elixir takes a complete rethink of your deck.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
What level and arena are you in? Lava Hound at 7 elixir takes a complete rethink of your deck.

Hovering between 2400-2500 trophies mostly. On the cusp of leveling my giant which will boost me a little beyond that.

I like my deck and a lava hound doesn't fit into it so it will have to stay benched.

Kioshen

Why are so many people asking for Minion cards ? I donated one of my only copy because I don't use them at the rank I am but was just curious.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why are so many people asking for Minion cards ? I donated one of my only copy because I don't use them at the rank I am but was just curious.

It's a good, flexible card that can cause good damage if given the chance. I had to stop using them because I needed more ground units to distract and was going up against a lot of princesses.

spyder_ur

Minions are great. I use them mostly defensively (mini pekka, Sparky, Valk) but I'm having a lot of luck pushing them behind RG because the tower/enemies will target RG first and most of the most common counters to RG (mini pekka, cannon, inferno, walk) are susceptible to them.

They're more popular than minion horde because all of the most common counters to minions are just about as good against minion horde - princess, wiz, ice wiz, zap, arrows, fireball, etc.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That combo, RG + minions, gave me fits last night, haha. If I didn't have my princess up, not much I could do about the minions running wild.

Kioshen

Thanks for the info guys. By the way, what's the proper way to ask for cards ? Should I get my contribution points up to a certain amount before I ask or should I even ask at all ? For now I get decent card value from chests so I'm not that much in a hurry but might as well ask now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the info guys. By the way, what's the proper way to ask for cards ? Should I get my contribution points up to a certain amount before I ask or should I even ask at all ? For now I get decent card value from chests so I'm not that much in a hurry but might as well ask now.

Always ask.

¸Always ask. and also when you start try to decided which kind of deck you want in Arena 4-5-6? As this is where it become difficult.

Look around and build a deck with cards you liked to play with.

In arena 1-2-3 try to ask for commons who are gonna help you all the way ... ask for rare in ARENA 4-6 and even than.. only 1 type of rare.

F2P rare and Epic are tough to improved..

Alur

Request and donate as much as possible. It helps you and it helps everyone else.

And like they said, Royal Giant + Minions is a staple combo.

JoeNut

Dunno if you guys what ChiefPat's videos but he was saying the recent maintenance break has made a big difference re trophies.

Essentially pre-update up to 1000 trophies if you lost trophies you'd lose for example 15, but the winner would gain 30. Then after 1,000 it became even, you win 30 they lose 30.

The new change means that it's now 2000 trophies which is the threshold, which means you now gain more trophies while losing less, making it easier to progress.

I wasn't aware of this?

Dunno if you guys what ChiefPat's videos but he was saying the recent maintenance break has made a big difference re trophies.

Essentially pre-update up to 1000 trophies if you lost trophies you'd lose for example 15, but the winner would gain 30. Then after 1,000 it became even, you win 30 they lose 30.

The new change means that it's now 2000 trophies which is the threshold, which means you now gain more trophies while losing less, making it easier to progress.

I wasn't aware of this?

ahhhhh!!!

This explains so much. I was wondering why I wasn't losing so much. I am around the 1400 mark and had noticed this but had no clue what was going on!

Ninja Dom

I fought my way through to the Legendary Arena for the first time and stopped playing. I wanted the shop to update at midnight with the slim, slim chance of the Ice Wizard being available to buy. A 3/58 chance as it was a weekday and there's three cards in the shop.

Well, guess what?

It WAS available. I couldn't believe it. Bought that shit straight away!!

In my experience, fighting through Frozen Peak, it's the players that were the same level or a level lower than me (I'm level 9) that were harder to beat. The level 10 and some level 11 players weren't actually too much of a problem considering their Crown Towers do more damage. I think that their skill level was a lot lower than the rest of us Level 9's. Almost guaranteed that if I was fighting a Level 8 then they had Lava Hound & Balloon, and my deck is quite weak to air attacks.

Current Deck:
Princess (Level 2)
Ice Wizard (Level 1)
Sparky (Level 2)
Royal Giant (Level 10)
Mini Pekka (Level 7)
Elixir Pump (Level 7)
Zap (Level 11)
Goblins (Level 10)

Kioshen

Again thanks for clearing the donation thing. Is there a good reliable site to check out decks at specific arena ranks ? I'll try to plan out for when I cross the A4 threshold. Tried looking in the OT but I didn't find any lists.

Currently running a deck that consists of Spear Goblins, Archers, Bombers, Arrows, Mini Pekka, Giant, Muskateer and Prince. Seems to carry me pretty good so far.

hollomat

Banned
I fought my way through to the Legendary Arena for the first time and stopped playing. I wanted the shop to update at midnight with the slim, slim chance of the Ice Wizard being available to buy. A 3/58 chance as it was a weekday and there's three cards in the shop.

Well, guess what?

In my experience, fighting through Frozen Peak, it's the players that were the same level or a level lower than me (I'm level 9) that were harder to beat. The level 10 and some level 11 players weren't actually too much of a problem considering their Crown Towers do more damage. I think that their skill level was a lot lower than the rest of us Level 9's. Almost guaranteed that if I was fighting a Level 8 then they had Lava Hound & Balloon, and my deck is quite weak to air attacks.

Current Deck:
Princess (Level 2)
Ice Wizard (Level 1)
Sparky (Level 2)
Royal Giant (Level 10)
Mini Pekka (Level 7)
Elixir Pump (Level 7)
Zap (Level 11)
Goblins (Level 10)

I feel like they've upped the rate of legendaries appearing in the shop. I've had a legendary in the shop every day for the past week.

hollomat

Banned
What was the frequency of them appearing in the shop before?

Maybe once every 4 days. It could just be random chance that I've had one every day for the past week, but that seems unlikely.

But if other people in legendary arena aren't seeing the same then it's just a fluke.

Again thanks for clearing the donation thing. Is there a good reliable site to check out decks at specific arena ranks ? I'll try to plan out for when I cross the A4 threshold. Tried looking in the OT but I didn't find any lists.

Currently running a deck that consists of Spear Goblins, Archers, Bombers, Arrows, Mini Pekka, Giant, Muskateer and Prince. Seems to carry me pretty good so far.

That's a solid deck right there. Cards that are worth focusing on in your arena that are used even late game are: valkyrie, musketeer, giant, spear goblins, regular goblins, minions, mini pekka, barbarians

Request those and you will be set early and late game.

Kioshen

That's a solid deck right there. Cards that are worth focusing on in your arena that are used even late game are: valkyrie, musketeer, giant, spear goblins, regular goblins, minions, mini pekka, barbarians

Request those and you will be set early and late game.

Thank you ! I'm also quoting this for future reference.

nampad

I feel like they've upped the rate of legendaries appearing in the shop. I've had a legendary in the shop every day for the past week.

I also had that happen to me some time ago before they announced the higher attainability of legendaries though.

Xamdou

Well, guess what?

Current Deck:
Princess (Level 2)
Ice Wizard (Level 1)
Sparky (Level 2)
Royal Giant (Level 10)
Mini Pekka (Level 7)
Elixir Pump (Level 7)
Zap (Level 11)
Goblins (Level 10)

My store last Sunday also showed the Ice Wizard but at 40K gold, I didn't have enough to buy it.

hollomat

Banned
My store last Sunday also showed the Ice Wizard but at 40K gold, I didn't have enough to buy it.

You're in luck. The generous people at supercell have come up with a way for you to get that Ice Wizard even if you don't have enough gold to get it!

Ninja Dom

I don't know what's happened.

From reaching a Trophy high of 3040 to losing nearly 500 trophies and coming down with a bump to 2560, 24 hours later.

I pulling my hair out. Can't figure why everybody is beating me. My deck hasn't changed.

Alur

Pretty much. If you lose two in a row, stop. If not, you're almost guaranteed to lose 150-200 at minimum in my experience.

hollomat

Banned
They really need an update to this game soon. It's been a month and and a half since the last one and drastic changes are needed. Miner is everywhere. Without exaggeration I see it in 80% of the decks I face. Its been over a month since they accidentally buffed the deploy time and they still have yet to reverse that.

Alur

Agreed.

Not sure why we haven't even gotten the announcement of changes. They should have had plenty of data to make a quick determination as soon as they got back. Still pissed that a game making as much money as this took vacation for a full month as well, regardless of the custom or what have you. They could afford to pay some folks to stay on or alternate out after a couple weeks of vacation each. IIRC we didn't even get communication they were gone til well after they had already closed up shop.

They really need to look at Miner and Zap. Zap is the best card in the game and basically an auto include, and Miner is in most decks in Legendary Arena and tournaments.

Based on the outcry and/or amount of use, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at these cards as well: Elixir Collector (RIP in this meta), Poison (the other menace), Royal Giant (cause everyone hates it), Giant (tremendous amount of usage, particularly at the top of ladder). Nothing else strikes me as tremendously out of line in usage or OPness, minus Mini Pekka which is also used a ton.

I'm more curious about which cards they'll buff than which they'll nerf, though. Lumberjack and Log could use a little love. Golem got rekt by the phantom Elixir nerf, etc.

hollomat

Banned
Exactly. There was no communication that they were out the entire month until they had already gotten back. And like you said the game is pulling in millions a day. Just from one day of revenue you could employ 20 people for a year at a 50k salary. There shouldn't be an entire month off from the game even if it is the custom there.

I've got a feeling bowler will be getting a huge buff. Lumberjack and log are underpowered, but I still occasionally see them. Bowler I've only seen once.

But miner and zap are in every game. Only reason I don't use miner despite having it is the cards that go with it are under leveled compared to my other cards. And I feel that a nerf has to be coming for him so there's no point leveling him up.

The elixir collector definitely needs a buff. In this miner heavy meta it's just completely useless, especially after the two hp nerfs.

Top Bottom