• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

nampad

My second account finally made it to legendary arena :)

What's people's opinions on The Log?

I feel like it is the hipster card right now. Some people are hyping it up because it can make some good positive elixir trades. But to be honest, so can the arrows or zap, both of which are commons and not legendary.

I got the log (and two more of it...) fairly soon and am only using it on my alt because it is a legendary. It is a good card but I vastly prefer zap.

GAF Royale #Q8C9CY
GAF #QYYQCQ
NeoGAF #20Y9PQ
Neogaf #Y8CGRR

are the 4 most active gaf-clans.

They all have minimum trophy requirements to reduce the request-spam from random players.

I'll remove the requirement of Neogaf #Y8CGRR for the next 1h.
If you want to join, make sure you mention your gaf id in the request message.
I sent a request for me and my friend. We always play and donate. Our current clan sucks lol

scanferr

Guys, just created my "free" tournament.

1day long, 2h prep.

Leaders will be PM'd, if I forget someone, please PM me.

EDIT:

I'm sorry guys. Just fucked up the tournament :(

hollomat

Banned
Guys, just created my "free" tournament.

1day long, 2h prep.

Leaders will be PM'd, if I forget someone, please PM me.

EDIT:

I'm sorry guys. Just fucked up the tournament :(

Same thing happened to me. It's far too easy to accidentally open it up to everyone or not set a password to begin with.

At least members of the Neogaf clan seem to be holding down the top spots for the tournament!

And thanks for putting on the tournament.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hey Adeux,

BMing other Gaf Clans comes off as very petty and lame.

Thanks for bringing down the class of this tourney,

Boomclap

Someone BM'd a clan mate during a friendly. Immediately got the boot. Don't have time for that nonsense.

scanferr

Who cares about the emotes, really? You kicked people because he emote spammed? I will never understand that, sorry.

No one is obliged to great/sending a thumbs up or whatever. It's an online game guys. Come on. Maybe in clan fights/friendly tournaments is a bit shitty but not a reason to get so mad, IMO.

commish

Who cares about the emotes, really? You kicked people because he emote spammed? I will never understand that, sorry.

No one is obliged to great/sending a thumbs up or whatever. It's an online game guys. Come on. Maybe in clan fights/friendly tournaments is a bit shitty but not a reason to get so mad, IMO.

While I, like you, don't get annoyed when people emote or have BM, because who gives a F when I lose all the damn time, many other people do get annoyed (just check out the official forums or reddit). Many people don't like being taunted, online game or not.

Just because it doesn't bother me doesn't mean I can't recognize the fact that it bothers many other people. I know people like to say that things are "just online" but cyber bullying is a thing and it affects different people in different ways.

It isn't about having thick skin, I personally don't care about the taunts but it speaks to the players you associate with. Why would/should we tolerate someone being toxic? Especially when it comes from our community. You should care about that.

scanferr

It isn't about having thick skin, I personally don't care about the taunts but it speaks to the players you associate with. Why would/should we tolerate someone being toxic? Especially when it comes from our community. You should care about that.

Being toxic?

Ninja Dom

Right, I'm sitting pretty on 3100 trophies and if the past couple of weekends have been any indication then I'll do absolutely shit at the game over Saturday & Sunday.

So I'll give up for the weekend and earn my first Legendary trophies seeing as it's Season reset on Sunday.

thy_

Right, I'm sitting pretty on 3100 trophies and if the past couple of weekends have been any indication then I'll do absolutely shit at the game over Saturday & Sunday.

So I'll give up for the weekend and earn my first Legendary trophies seeing as it's Season reset on Sunday.

I've got bad news and good news for you.

The bad news is, that you will not get any legendary trophies at 3100.
The good news is, only those above 4000 will be reset.

https://clashroyale.com/blog/news/seasonal-trophy-reset

thy_

Whats the point of a legendary trophy?

Nothing so far.
They are just compensation for the trophies you lose when you are above the reset point.

I am very much in favor of being nice to your fellow gaf members when you meet them in a tournament.

But for me personally to want for someone to be kicked out, he would have to be toxic in clan chat or in this thread. The in-game emotes are just to vague in their meaning.

Ninja Dom

So with the season reset, only those above 4000 trophies get reset down to 4000.

That's good as before they would get reset down to 3000 and end up fighting amongst us Level 9's and 10's who are also in the 3000's. Now we won't have to face them.

BUT it's a shame that us 3000's to 4000's won't get recognised by Legendary trophies or get a nice icon showing what position in the world we completed our last season in. You never know though, maybe we will. This Sunday/Monday is the first season reset since the changes so let's wait and see.

commish

So with the season reset, only those above 4000 trophies get reset down to 4000.

That's good as before they would get reset down to 3000 and end up fighting amongst us Level 9's and 10's who are also in the 3000's. Now we won't have to face them.

BUT it's a shame that us 3000's to 4000's won't get recognised by Legendary trophies or get a nice icon showing what position in the world we completed our last season in. You never know though, maybe we will. This Sunday/Monday is the first season reset since the changes so let's wait and see.

I want a reason to play the ladder again. As it is, I have more fun playing in tournaments since you see a wider variety of decks and play styles. When I play the ladder, it's giants and hogs 99% of the time.

Ninja Dom

I want a reason to play the ladder again. As it is, I have more fun playing in tournaments since you see a wider variety of decks and play styles. When I play the ladder, it's giants and hogs 99% of the time.

When you're running above 4000 trophies in the higher end of the game, there's gonna be a certain winning combination of cards that people use to get themselves that high.

Also, I'm much more open to experimentation in tourneys. Playing the ladder, I'll only use my strong favourite deck. But in tourneys I'll use my deck 2 or deck 3 which are my experimentation decks.

hollomat

Banned

Agreed. I'm around 3500-3600 trophies on ladder and I'm locked into using my current deck and not changing a single card because my other cards are under lvled.

In tournaments I'm free to try out much crazier decks since I have many more cards at tournament lvl. I can even use my favorite card (furnace)! Even though my decks in tournament mode don't do too great in the tourneys I have much more fun with them cause I can try any crazy combination I want.

Alur

Speaking merely regarding the pulse of GAF Royale, I think the vast majority of our players would not take kindly to someone emote spamming in a friendly. Probably not in a tournament, either. Most of our guys/gals do not care much for the emotes.

I don't know if I would've kicked the offender from our clan. Depends on the reaction of the clan, I guess. I would've definitely called them out, though.

hollomat

Banned
Always love these tourney chests.

Got the worst chest you can get in the recent tourney with only 4 cards and nothing guaranteed to be higher than a common.

Still got a rare and an epic. Makes those 4 games I played in the tourney very worth it (even if the epic is rage).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Agreed, I get it enough from randos without worrying about BMers from our clans. Check your behavior.

Bad manners. Taunting, not greeting, being an ass.

Not greeting? Lol I never bother with the emotes at all but it's not out of disrespect. I'm just looking at my cards and trying to think of what to do first.

zenbot

Not greeting? Lol I never bother with the emotes at all but it's not out of disrespect. I'm just looking at my cards and trying to think of what to do first.
Yeah, I try to respond to greetings but I probably miss half of them because I'm panicking at the state of my starting hand.

Ninja Dom

I can confirm that Legendary Trophies are not given out to players who finish the season between 3000 and 4000 trophies.

Even though Supercell did say that trophy reset occurred above 4000. I just wanted to be sure that Legendary Trophies weren't given out from 3000 to 4000.

So there's a rumor about Mirror getting buffed to cost the same Elixir. It's going to be absolutely bonkers. I can't wait to get double barreled or having a hog per lane.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
So there's a rumor about Mirror getting buffed to cost the same Elixir. It's going to be absolutely bonkers. I can't wait to get double barreled or having a hog per lane.

I've always found Mirror a really interesting card in that it could allow for some really creative strategies. If there was one no Legendary card I'd want to find a way to work into my deck it would be this, and an elixir cost drop would make it much more palatable.

hollomat

Banned
I don't see any originality in any of the decks I face anymore. 90% are either giant poison, payfecta or double prince/pekka. It's gotten to the point where I can usually guess the deck I'm playing against based on the first card they drop (i.e. Musketeer=giant poison).

It's really taking all of the fun out of the game. If their deck is a hard counter to mine or much higher lvl I lose. If not, I win. And I can tell within the first 10 seconds the outcome of the game. It feels a lot like Rock Paper Scissors, except if I'm playing scissors and everyone is playing rock I need to pay $200 to buy paper.

Ironically I'm almost to my all time high and that's at least partly due to my deck being so out of the meta. No one has a clue what cards I'll drop until I've already played them all.

What's your deck?

Sometimes I feel like the only hut player around. No one in my clan plays huts except for newer members after I smash them in tourneys. I very rarely see huts in TV Royale and very rarely fight against one too.

I guess it works for me because that means it won't get nerfed.

hollomat

Banned
My deck is

Royal Giant lvl 12
Minion Horde lvl 11
Barbarians lvl 12
Spear goblins lvl 11
Arrows lvl 10
Princess lvl 2
Ice wizard lvl 2
Elixir collector lvl 7

Royal giant is very out of the meta at least around the 3600 range. I see him maybe 1/20 games now.

Huts could be very tough with everyone running poison now.

zenbot

I don't see any originality in any of the decks I face anymore. 90% are either giant poison, payfecta or double prince/pekka. It's gotten to the point where I can usually guess the deck I'm playing against based on the first card they drop (i.e. Musketeer=giant poison).
This may be a symptom of the level range you're playing in. I think your trophy count is about as high as anyone is going to get without putting serious money into the game, meaning that most of your F2Pish competition is going to very good players playing the best current possible card combinations. Reminds me a little of Destiny before I gave it up, with everyone rocking Thorn or The Last Word because you were playing at a disadvantage if you didn't.

(I'm Andrew in the GAF clan, BTW — hi everybody!)

I got the log a couple of days ago. It's very fun, but if it'd been my first legendary I'd have been disappointed — it's completely outclassed by zap. I'm still happier with it than any other legendary I might have gotten except maybe Ice Wizard, though, just because it's not the kind of legendary you have to build a deck around.

Kioshen

I'm sort of part of the problem since I only play a trifecta deck for now since it's easier to concentrate on card leveling but honestly the ladder is starting to be just a bootstrap process to get my cards to tournament levels so I can experiment there. I hover in the 1900-2000 trophy range so i still get to see variety for now but the higher you are the more cost prohibitive it becomes to not play the best decks from the looks of it.

Considering their ubiquitous usage, Giants are probably next on the nerf bat session.

commish

It's really taking all of the fun out of the game. If their deck is a hard counter to mine or much higher lvl I lose. If not, I win. And I can tell within the first 10 seconds the outcome of the game. It feels a lot like Rock Paper Scissors, except if I'm playing scissors and everyone is playing rock I need to pay $200 to buy paper.

Ironically I'm almost to my all time high and that's at least partly due to my deck being so out of the meta. No one has a clue what cards I'll drop until I've already played them all.

This is why I prefer tournament matches. Ladder is boring. I don't even do my daily chest anymore. Game needs an update.

Ninja Dom

Royal giant is very out of the meta at least around the 3600 range. I see him maybe 1/20 games now.

Huts could be very tough with everyone running poison now.

I realised while performing my daily oscillations between 2800 & 3100 that I almost never see RG any more. The nerf worked, I guess.

I'm still seeing a fair amount of Royal Giant. 3000 to 3200. More standard Giants though.

Ninja Dom

Motherfucker!!! Orange Juice uploaded an 8 minute video on how to counter Sparky. WTF??? That's my card!! I'm level 2. I rely on that!!!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Motherfucker!!! Orange Juice uploaded an 8 minute video on how to counter Sparky. WTF??? That's my card!! I'm level 2. I rely on that!!!

I think Sparky is a very hard card to play right, personally, given the large number of counters it has. I certainly don't sweat too much against it with my deck and win more often than not. Pushing the other lane hard is effective to either get an early lead if left alone or leaves Sparky naked if they defend adequately. And its vulnerable if you can get minions, a knight, valkyrie etc onto it. Or at the very least its easy to distract with cheap units.

I think some of the better uses I have seen with it are actually where it is used with another quick tower damage dealer such as a royal giant or hog (or the example they have in the video, goblin barrel). It forces the defender into making choices on the spot which can easily generate error in judgement on their part.

Kioshen

Please don't. It adds so much noise to tv royale at a6 that it makes it near useless as a resource to see what's being really played. It was pretty frustrating to try to check replays and the only thing you ever see is just lv1 accounts trolling.

Top Bottom