• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Your match ups are based on the deck you're using. That's what I believe. Changing your deck changed the type of player you're matched against.

Nt sure...Ive tryed Trifecta----miner cycle...Giant etc...I keep Facing Giant-Sparky-Wiz or Ice Wiz etc....

this update better fixed some stuff....

I put Inferno...I keep facing people with Zap...

i put barrell with both minions...face 4 guys with 3 spells..lol

Alur

Your inferno getting zapped should be a good thing. That change was meant to nerf inferno but it actually helped it by making it an auto-zap target, meaning they won't have zap for something else you're using.

Your inferno getting zapped should be a good thing. That change was meant to nerf inferno but it actually helped it by making it an auto-zap target, meaning they won't have zap for something else you're using.

yeah gotta fix my deck.

Minions are becoming useless with so many furnaces-fire spirits ffs

thy_

I'm hooked again. Tried joining the gaf clan but looks like I can't?

GAF Royale #Q8C9CY
GAF #QYYQCQ
NeoGAF #20Y9PQ
Neogaf #Y8CGRR

are the 4 most active gaf-clans.

They all have minimum trophy requirements to reduce the request-spam from random players.

I'll remove the requirement of Neogaf #Y8CGRR for the next 1h.
If you want to join, make sure you mention your gaf id in the request message.

mnannola

Buy yourself a nice dinner.

But seriously there isn't a good way to spend $20 in this game. If you really really want to spend money wait til you get to arena 9 and buy a legendary.

All the chests are not worth it and will you give you cards you don't use at all.

That's really disappointing. I absolutely love the gameplay and would really like to support the devs, but all the options to spend money seem horrible. I wish they at least had skins I could buy.

Dazzler

That's really disappointing. I absolutely love the gameplay and would really like to support the devs, but all the options to spend money seem horrible. I wish they at least had skins I could buy.

Would love for this to be added. I'd absolutely drop some cash on them

hollomat

Banned
I don't think they'll ever add skins. If that's a route they were planning on going, they'd already be available in clash of clans.

When they updated the Golem sprites, I thought they added skins.

Side note, just got a Lava from a free chest. So that's two Ice Wiz, a Lava, a Log and a Sparky that I got from free chests.

Still no SMC though. :(

nampad

According to Orange Juice, SMC are set on a fixed cycle of 500 chests. Look up his video for more details.

And I am sure they won't add skins soon. They have shot down the idea before because it would require additional memory, which would hurt older phones/tablets.

SeanR1221

GAF Royale #Q8C9CY
GAF #QYYQCQ
NeoGAF #20Y9PQ
Neogaf #Y8CGRR

are the 4 most active gaf-clans.

They all have minimum trophy requirements to reduce the request-spam from random players.

I'll remove the requirement of Neogaf #Y8CGRR for the next 1h.
If you want to join, make sure you mention your gaf id in the request message.

Ah got to this post way too late :(

Future

According to Orange Juice, SMC are set on a fixed cycle of 500 chests. Look up his video for more details.

And I am sure they won't add skins soon. They have shot down the idea before because it would require additional memory, which would hurt older phones/tablets.

I have like 1300 wins and have never seen a super chest. Either got screwed with the reset or I am just winning too much without earned no chests

I wonder how this info affects gemming chests math. If you gem chests then you earn the super magical faster, while picking up giants and magicals along the way.

JoeNut

I remember thinking when I started playing that it's weird that the look of the cards you play don't change as you level them up, in clash of clans a level 10 cannon looks totally different to level 1 cannon, for example.
Is that what you mean by skins?

hollomat

Banned

I saw that video too but I definitely don't agree about SMC. I've gotten two free ones from the game and they were both in May and within a week of each other. Since then I've yet to get a single one and it's been about 3.5 months. Assuming I open 6 chests on average per day (5 silver, 1 gold), and 30 days in a month is be at 630 chests and haven't seen an SMC again.

Ninja Dom

Just had another bad weekend. Same as last weekend. Fell out of Legendary Arena down to 2700. Come Monday and I'm back up to 2960.

Better players at the weekend? School is back now so more easier players?

EDIT: And now the weekend is over, I'm at a trophy high of 3127. Hmmm....

thy_

I saw that video too but I definitely don't agree about SMC. I've gotten two free ones from the game and they were both in May and within a week of each other. Since then I've yet to get a single one and it's been about 3.5 months. Assuming I open 6 chests on average per day (5 silver, 1 gold), and 30 days in a month is be at 630 chests and haven't seen an SMC again.

You could have gotten the first one just before the reset on the 3rd of may. A week later you got the next one about 50 chests into the new 500 chest-period. And now you are at about 130/500 for your current one.
You still have about 2 months left before you have to get your 3rd SMC.

Frozen peak is broken.

lvl 8 rare, lvl 11 commons are the norm at 2750 range. with lvl 10-11 towers.

2-3 Legendary minimum and Giant in 90% of deck.

Agent

I've been messing around with a new deck this weekend that has been actually working out pretty well. In 15 games with it, I've only lost 2 times and had 1 draw. I'm beating equivalent level 11s with same level cards with a fair amount of ease.

The deck:
Ice Spirit
Fire Spirits
Ice Wizard
Tombstone
Hog Rider
Mini Pekka
Bowler
Rocket

Average Elixir cost: 3.5

This has taken me to 3667 right now. A few caveats:
-It is weak against air. One of the two losses was against an air deck, which it struggles with. Luckily, it is pretty rare to come across an all air deck.
-It isn't a great deck for Crown Chest purposes as it is a lot of 1-0, 2-1 type of games.
-The Bowler is a critical part which I know a lot of people don't have leveled up too high right now.

With that said, it's not a Giant meta deck and it's interesting to play. The Bowler combined with the Tombstone/Ice Wizard/Spirits combo absolutely wreck any incoming opponent attacks. You can usually turn around the defense into an offense fairly quickly. I know there are more Bowler's starting to appear at the top, but it is a fairly underrated card. A lot of people laugh when they see the Bowler go down, then they see it wreck their push.

Alur

I've been messing around with a new deck this weekend that has been actually working out pretty well. In 15 games with it, I've only lost 2 times and had 1 draw. I'm beating equivalent level 11s with same level cards with a fair amount of ease.

The deck:
Ice Spirit
Fire Spirits
Ice Wizard
Tombstone
Hog Rider
Mini Pekka
Bowler
Rocket

Average Elixir cost: 3.5

This has taken me to 3667 right now. A few caveats:
-It is weak against air. One of the two losses was against an air deck, which it struggles with. Luckily, it is pretty rare to come across an all air deck.
-It isn't a great deck for Crown Chest purposes as it is a lot of 1-0, 2-1 type of games.
-The Bowler is a critical part which I know a lot of people don't have leveled up too high right now.

With that said, it's not a Giant meta deck and it's interesting to play. The Bowler combined with the Tombstone/Ice Wizard/Spirits combo absolutely wreck any incoming opponent attacks. You can usually turn around the defense into an offense fairly quickly. I know there are more Bowler's starting to appear at the top, but it is a fairly underrated card. A lot of people laugh when they see the Bowler go down, then they see it wreck their push.

I tried it out. Went 4-1 in the 3500-3600 range.

It's pretty weird running a deck without Zap or Poison or even Arrows, I gotta be honest. If they Zap your Fire Spirits and have something like Minion Horde...well, feels bad man. That's how I lost my one game. Zapped my Fire Spirits on their Minion Horde and their Miner tanked the towers while they cleaned up.

Also still super surprised we see so much Rocket. Two Princess shots on a tower is better/equal to one equal level Rocket and costs 3 mana less, but we see it a lot on the top of the leaderboard and even in tournaments. I find it ridiculously hard to aim with on my iPhone (which is how I primarily play). I missed an Elixir Collector earlier because I tried to drop the Rocket between it and the tower and my finger blocked the targeting area, thought I was on it...but nope.

Embarrassing. :D

Agent

I tried it out. Went 4-1 in the 3500-3600 range.

It's pretty weird running a deck without Zap or Poison or even Arrows, I gotta be honest. If they Zap your Fire Spirits and have something like Minion Horde...well, feels bad man. That's how I lost my one game. Zapped my Fire Spirits on their Minion Horde and their Miner tanked the towers while they cleaned up.

Also still super surprised we see so much Rocket. Two Princess shots on a tower is better/equal to one equal level Rocket and costs 3 mana less, but we see it a lot on the top of the leaderboard and even in tournaments. I find it ridiculously hard to aim with on my iPhone (which is how I primarily play). I missed an Elixir Collector earlier because I tried to drop the Rocket between it and the tower and my finger blocked the targeting area, thought I was on it...but nope.

Embarrassing. :D

Yeah, you have to be fairly strategic until you know what cards your opponent has and the general order they will play them in. You can get punished with the deck if not careful as it is a bit of a strange combo of cards. Since air is the weak part, I try to reserve the fire spirits until I have a better sense if they have a minion horde or not.

I actually think the Rocket is somewhat underused the more I use it. I honestly haven't touched it too much so I do mess up sometimes with placement. However, there have been quite a few times I've got some good elixir value out of shutting down an opponents push with a Rocket. Of course the other benefit is knowing once you get a tower down to the 500 range, you can go full on defensive mode if need be and finish off the tower with the rocket. Certainly the Princess could do more damage over time, but that's assuming she isn't locking on to other targets, or getting smashed by arrows/goblins/etc.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Frozen peak is broken.

lvl 8 rare, lvl 11 commons are the norm at 2750 range. with lvl 10-11 towers.

2-3 Legendary minimum and Giant in 90% of deck.

I just hit a new personal high of 2754 after leveling my giant to 8. That's my only level 7 rare, all my commons are lvl 10, I have no legendaries, and I'm tower level 9.

I seem to be doing okay. I haven't come across any lvl 11 players yet, and I don't really pay attention to the levels of individual troops. I can still handily win against higher specced players by outplaying them - stuff like timing, troop placement, not trying to counter every troop they put out and sucking up the damage, and making a timely call on going all in for a 3 crown win all make a lot more of a difference than being outgunned here and there in my opinion.

In terms of the decks out there, I have noticed a big dropoff in royal giant use, with giants now being fairly common. Bowler seems to be getting more love recently too. Thankfully I am seeing less Inferno Towers given that counters my deck well if they know to play it back from the river.

Alur

Yeah, you have to be fairly strategic until you know what cards your opponent has and the general order they will play them in. You can get punished with the deck if not careful as it is a bit of a strange combo of cards. Since air is the weak part, I try to reserve the fire spirits until I have a better sense if they have a minion horde or not.

I actually think the Rocket is somewhat underused the more I use it. I honestly haven't touched it too much so I do mess up sometimes with placement. However, there have been quite a few times I've got some good elixir value out of shutting down an opponents push with a Rocket. Of course the other benefit is knowing once you get a tower down to the 500 range, you can go full on defensive mode if need be and finish off the tower with the rocket. Certainly the Princess could do more damage over time, but that's assuming she isn't locking on to other targets, or getting smashed by arrows/goblins/etc.

It's pretty easy to pop a Princess at bridge and get 2 volleys, IMO. Happens pretty regularly anyway. She's not useful for the other stuff, but her utility was one of many reasons why a card like Rocket or Arrows hardly saw play higher up before now. More diversity is a good thing however.

I've used the Hog/Rocket cycle deck that was showing up on ladder and in tourneys a couple of weeks ago and used the Rocket for shutting down pushes as well. It's also the ultimate Sparky counter. RIP Sparky, you poor SOB.

I really wish I played on iPad while using Rocket, though.

Alur

I think your math is wrong. Two princess shots is 280 isn't it? Rocket does much more than that.

You are correct, a level 7 Rocket deals 493 damage to a tower which is more.

A level 2 Princess deals 308, though, and costs half the elixir.

I misspoke, I actually meant to say playing her twice is much more value than 1 level 7 Rocket. Here's what I said about it a while back:

I was talking to Naster in clan chat and he raised a point I hadn't considered, but which is pretty crazy (IMO).

If you play a Princess at the bridge (level 2) and it gets two shots that's 308 damage. If you play it twice you've done 616 damage for 6 elixir.

Meanwhile, a 6 elixir Rocket only does 493 damage to a tower. The radius isn't even that much different. You just can't use princess to take out a pump, but you can use her in a million other positions that aren't really great for rocket use.

The more you know.

Prior to her nerf she was insane. She's still good now, but I think the bug/unintentional missing has yet to be fully fixed.

You are correct, a level 7 Rocket deals 493 damage to a tower which is more.

A level 2 Princess deals 308, though, and costs half the elixir.

I misspoke, I actually meant to say playing her twice is much more value than 1 level 7 Rocket. Here's what I said about it a while back:

Prior to her nerf she was insane. She's still good now, but I think the bug/unintentional missing has yet to be fully fixed.
Yeah, I sometimes replace a spell with princess in my decks for this exact reason. The only problem with it though is that if the other person turtles up and clogs the lane late in a match you can't force princess onto the tower, so it's not as reliable for finishing out matches when your opponent's tower is low. Plus fireball and rocket get that damage out much faster than princess, so they're more useful in emergencies.

Ninja Dom

I got a Magical Chest. Is it worth opening now or should I wait until post-update in Mid September?

So I opened the Magical Chest.

The Good: I found a Log.

The Bad: I swapped out the Elixir Pump out for Log, drops my average from 3.9 down to 3.5. I play 10 games and lose 9 of them. Drop from 3100 down to 2850.

Ninja Dom

Orange Juice's new video about Bad Manners in Clash Royale games, has a message at the end... Emote Mute coming soon.

https://youtu.be/AZ0_pwTo658

EDIT: Official site updated.

A couple of months ago, we told you that we had no plans to add an option to mute emotes. Well, we were wrong. We think we’ve probably evoked enough emotions from you guys, and it’s time to revise our approach.
Coming with the next update, players will have the ability to mute their opponent during each battle. Since we still think it’s important that Clash Royale doesn’t feel like a single player game, you will see your opponent trying to communicate, but without any of the specifics.
Strong emotions are built into the core of Clash Royale, and are important for knowing the difference between good cards and great cards, but we’ve come to realize that this doesn’t need to be tied to all aspects of the game - emotes being a case in point.
Additionally, we’ve been thinking about some cool ways of making emotes feel collectible and even desirable, which will ideally change some people’s perception of them in the future. Those ideas are still floating around, and may come to fruition, but in the mean time we’re going to bring a mute option to the game!

emotes_thumbs.jpg

Agent

Additionally, we’ve been thinking about some cool ways of making emotes feel collectible and even desirable, which will ideally change some people’s perception of them in the future.

"We are pleased to introduce Emote and Text packs for only 500 gems each!"

Sorry - basic question - is OJ and informed regular player? or the dev? not sure it matters just intrigued that they have reversed their stance about emotes.

EDIT - official confirmation already!

Ninja Dom

Sorry - basic question - is OJ and informed regular player? or the dev? not sure it matters just intrigued that they have reversed their stance about emotes.

EDIT - official confirmation already!

I think OJ gets drip fed bits of information from Supercell now and again.

Alur

Like many devs with online games like this, they sometimes let "tastemakers" or popular streamers/YouTubers of their game break news. Mobas and such do that too.

It also serves the function of making said personality think twice about how much they want to criticize the dev IMO, so it's kinda sneaky smart.

chinoXL

finally got a damn legendary Sparky...bout got damn time...we need some more people in NeoGAF, if anyone needs a clan, toss a request!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
"Since we still think it’s important that Clash Royale doesn’t feel like a single player game, you will see your opponent trying to communicate, but without any of the specifics."

SC is so dumb. OFC you KNOW what your opponent is "trying" to say. You don't need the specifics to know what they are saying. Why not allow true muting? So silly. Emotes have never bothered me because I lose all the damn time, but it's still silly that they won't allow ppl to just mute emotes altogether.

I'll never mute emotes because the feeling I get when someone taunts me a bit too soon and I demolish them will never get old. Never taunt until it's over. Rules to live by. Being up 1 tower is not over.

Alur

Another week, another casualty to burn out.

GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY) has one spot open if anyone wants to join. We're very active and crossed 21000 donations last week.

Put your GAF name in the request. If you're lower than 2000 trophies, leave a message here and one of us will lower the limit so you can request to join.

Kioshen

Ever since I received my first mortar it seems the game just opened the flood gates with them. It's all I ever get now in chests. I want zap and fire spirits damn it.

Kioshen

Man this gif is creepy af but yeah pretty much. It's stalling my progression like no tomorrow. At least i've hit my trophy high at 1803 but the rares that I use are all at lv5. Every common that I use are at 6 too so I'll keep yo-yoing for a while I suppose.

Alur

I mean, tbh you are probably still ahead of the curve for your card levels. Punching above your weight. Sooner or later you're gonna hit the wall we all hit...that's kinda where you figure out if you really like the game or not.

re: Mortars, it'll be that way with any common you unlock from now on. Rares too. It'll be the majority of what you get til they catch up in levels to your other cards. For stuff like Barbarians or what have you, it's an awesome feature...for crap like Mortar, it's awful.

Alur

Log is underrated IMO. If there was no Zap it'd be way more popular, but Zap does the job for ground and air. When you can fit it in it's a good addition. It does kind of feel like a "win more" card, to some degree. Like if you're getting great value out of it, you probably already had the game won anyway because you just countered your opponent completely.

Ninja Dom

Yeah cos the log drops from above it gives an effect as if it hurts airborne enemies. But it doesn't. It's true though, if you're comfortably using Log then in your mind you're in a good place with the game.

If the log's drop damaged air troops I would immediately swap zap for it.

There's no way I'm going to remove Zap from my deck when there are Goblin Barrels to worry about.

Top Bottom