• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Ninja Dom

How the hell are people suppose to find custom tourneys like before? At least I could get in one tourney a day, now? None.

Also, it looks like other 3 cards leaked, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem and Graveyard.

http://m.imgur.com/a/GZo8F

That inferno dragon looks pretty amazing. GG giants.

And only 4 Elixir!!

Have to say that the performance of the game post update has gone to complete shit! Too much stuttering.

Also the emoji mute is some bullshit too. When somebody bad manners emoji spams you after losing, you can still tell exactly what they're doing. And your opponent knows that too. Ridiculous!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Also the emoji mute is some bullshit too. When somebody bad manners emoji spams you after losing, you can still tell exactly what they're doing. And your opponent knows that too. Ridiculous!

That's what I said. I still can't believe they can't simply allow us to turn it off completely.

nampad

Doing a tournament.

Quote for details.

Can't find it with the search, both tag and name :(
The search just shows that it is looking for something but doesn't finish.

edit: I have to refresh like hundred times for it to work.
GOAT password btw yatesl.

Ozone

Had to mute whoever adeux is since they thought it would be cool to spam BM at me.

Come on, GAF.

Thanks yatesl for hosting!

Anyone who BMs is trash.

That being said, Gaffers who BM other gaffers are worse. Thats the whole reason we have GAF clans, and GAF only tourneys, so we can play without dealing with any of that petulant shit.And people who harbor and promote that type of stuff are no better.

scanferr

Anyone who BMs is trash.

That being said, Gaffers who BM other gaffers are worse. Thats the whole reason we have GAF clans, and GAF only tourneys, so we can play without dealing with any of that petulant shit.And people who harbor and promote that type of stuff are no better.

This is hilarious. People that BM is trash. Says who and why? I guess you lot never played an online game before. /eyeroll

This is hilarious. People that BM is trash. Says who and why? I guess you lot never played an online game before. /eyeroll
Except we aren't randoms, we are at least loosely bond by this forum and try to create a community with this OT. Once again, why should we tolerate someone BMing in it?

Can someone give a reasoned answer without the words "butthurt", "umad"? Not a real question, you would have if you cared to by now.

And only 4 Elixir!!

Have to say that the performance of the game post update has gone to complete shit! Too much stuttering.

Noticed this too, played someone using Skeleton Army and every time they used it the performance tanked.

Was fine before.

I feel like each day that goes by the more this game is becoming P2W. F2P was doable. You can reach the Legendary Arena as F2P, so long as you're decent - even outside of a clan or in a small clan. But now I'm falling back simply because of overlevelled troops.

Becoming too much of a cash grab now, especially with this new Arena Pack stuff and constant new card updates. We're gonna end up with 100s of cards at this rate. Good luck balancing that.

Anyone who BMs is trash.

Wrong. We built the clan to "help" each other. Tactics and donations. No one inside our clan dictates another's play style. We want everyone to do what they want.

If you don't like the style or players you dont have to play. Btw. If you have to "deal" with it in the match you may be trying too hard.

b33r

Who cares about emotes that much... They are just silly faces and you can mute them now. This place can be really whiny sometimes.

hollomat

Banned
On another note, has anyone gotten far in the challenges yet? If so, what deck were you using?

Trying a few decks out in the 10 gem tourney with limited success. Hard to tell if they just aren't working because I'm not good with hog or miner (never use them on ladder) or if the decks just suck.

Normally I use RG on the ladder, but a tournament lvl RG is awful against other tournament lvl cards so my normal deck is out.

Wrong. We built the clan to "help" each other. Tactics and donations. No one inside our clan dictates another's play style. We want everyone to do what they want.

If you don't like the style or players you dont have to play. Btw. If you have to "deal" with it in the match you may be trying too hard.

Oh, spamming emotes is a 'playstyle' now. It speaks more of you that you're using leaps of logic in order to defend a shitty thing like BMing

On another note, has anyone gotten far in the challenges yet? If so, what deck were you using?

Trying a few decks out in the 10 gem tourney with limited success. Hard to tell if they just aren't working because I'm not good with hog or miner (never use them on ladder) or if the decks just suck.

Normally I use RG on the ladder, but a tournament lvl RG is awful against other tournament lvl cards so my normal deck is out.

I've used a standard Hog/Valk/Mus deck, with Ice wiz/Furnace/Elixir/MPekka/Poison. It's alright, I suppose. Giant+Sparky didn't work out well for me~

b33r

I got five wins in the one I've tried using sparky/giant. It was pretty feast or famine as usually goes when playing sparky.

hollomat

Banned
Clash Royale is the top grossing app on the App Store. I think this is the first time any app has surpassed Pokémon Go since it launched.

Agent

Clash Royale is the top grossing app on the App Store. I think this is the first time any app has surpassed Pokémon Go since it launched.

Supercell today:

giphy.gif

zenbot

Got to 8-3 in challenge mode with my giant-bowler-lumberjack deck
What's the deck? Only need one more bowler for tournament level and I could do with a change from dual princes.

Also as the user of several small units right now bowler is so freakin' annoying.

Giant+3 Musk is pretty strong in challenge mode. Fireball can't kill the Musketeers instantly, and even if you follow up with zap/arrows, that's 6-7 mana wasted on eliminating musketeers, leaving you nothing to defend the giant against.

If my math is correct, Ice Golem have 1007 HP at tourney levels, which is insane for 2 Elixir.

I love classic challenges. Pretty cheap and easy to make the most out of it.

Ferny

Let us know when you're on and I'll lower the requirement.
We had it lowered for the past 8 hours and we've gotten about 30 random requests.
Sorry about that. I somehow fell asleep like 5 mins after asking lol. Ill be around for the next hour so anytime within that would be cool.

hollomat

Banned
Sorry about that. I somehow fell asleep like 5 mins after asking lol. Ill be around for the next hour so anytime within that would be cool.

No worries. Lowered. Try now.

In case you can't find it, clan is GAF, (#QYYQCQ)

Anyone else who wants to join is welcome too. Just say you're from neogaf in the request.

Dazzler

What's the deck? Only need one more bowler for tournament level and I could do with a change from dual princes.

Also as the user of several small units right now bowler is so freakin' annoying.

Sorry, fell asleep after I posted this last night. Deck is as follows

Giant
Bowler
Lumberjack
Musketeer
Minions
Zap
Poison
Elixir Collector

commish

The most I've been able to get is 11 wins. Can't remember my deck - I've been trying many different decks the last day or two. Currently trying a hog/miner deck. I love how I am matched up against players around my own cup level. Makes it much more interesting. The downside is that people are mostly using the same decks - giant/poison, trifecta, etc. I am hoping for some variation.

scanferr said:
This is hilarious. People that BM is trash. Says who and why? I guess you lot never played an online game before. /eyeroll.

No, people who BM are trash. Not up for debate, really. Just because someone BMs in other games doesn't mean that, all of a sudden, it's now accepted.

hollomat

Banned
The most I've been able to get is 11 wins. Can't remember my deck - I've been trying many different decks the last day or two. Currently trying a hog/miner deck. I love how I am matched up against players around my own cup level. Makes it much more interesting. The downside is that people are mostly using the same decks - giant/poison, trifecta, etc. I am hoping for some variation.

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time in challenge mode last night, but it definitely seems like the challenge matching is set to only match you up around opponents your trophy level. I played 16 challenge matches last night and didn't have a single opponent below 3600 trophies.

I was very surprised that I didn't see a single card below tournament standards, especially since I figured in day 1 and for 10 gems I'd see at least a few lower lvl players trying challenge. But it looks like they all get matched up against each other.

I've got some ideas on decks, but I want to get my bowler lvled to 4 and musketeer to 7 before trying again.

Alur

Agreed on the BM.

It is an expected part of online gaming, but it should not be an expected part of gaming among the GAF clans. If clan members were upset with it, I wouldn't have any qualms about kicking someone doing it. There's a whole ladder (and now challenge modes) people can go anonymously BM if they wanna get their rocks off taunting opponents, no need to do it to the group. If his clan members are okay with it, not much to say though. They are the ones that have to put up with it most of the time.

In other news, challenge mode has to be one of the best additions to this game since launch. Hearthstone arena for Clash is a success.

commish

I keep trying to get a Giant/Pekka deck to work but it's way too slow. I'll keep trying, dammit.

I've also been thinking about designing a deck that draws out an opponents mini P/musk/maybe cannon/tesla. Any time I drop a giant, the enemy automatically drops a range unit (IW, musk) and then usually a mini pekka over the bridge. Maybe a cannon. That's a lot of elixir to stop a 5 elixir giant. I'm thinking of just sending the giant but no support, drawing out their troops, and then countering based on that. It's really easy to efficiently kill the MP and musk and start my own counter. Need to work on it. But everyone seems ready to defend the giant/poison combo.

Ninja Dom

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time in challenge mode last night, but it definitely seems like the challenge matching is set to only match you up around opponents your trophy level. I played 16 challenge matches last night and didn't have a single opponent below 3600 trophies.

I was very surprised that I didn't see a single card below tournament standards, especially since I figured in day 1 and for 10 gems I'd see at least a few lower lvl players trying challenge. But it looks like they all get matched up against each other.

I've got some ideas on decks, but I want to get my bowler lvled to 4 and musketeer to 7 before trying again.

I've played two 100 gem tournaments and one 10 gem tournament and I've done very poorly. Barely got into round 2 of one tourney and crashed out of the other tourneys pretty instantly.

I won't be playing this mode again - it isn't at all worth the entry gems .

I've played two 100 gem tournaments and one 10 gem tournament and I've done very poorly. Barely got into round 2 of one tourney and crashed out of the other tourneys pretty instantly.

Eh, Ive figured if you can atleast break over 2k gold for the grand challenge, then its more than worth the gems given the curre t conversion rates for the 10k gold offer.

hollomat

Banned
Bamboo 竹;217536893 said:
Is there any GAF clan for people with less than 3000 trophies?

Join GAF (#QYYQCQ). I've dropped the trophy requirement, but just mention you're from neogaf in the request. The only reason we have the 3000 requirement is to stop spam requests. Without it we get around 50 requests a day.

My biggest issue with it is ive spent all my time playing a deck on the ladder that simply doesn't work at tournament lvls. In order to do well in the challenge, I have to use a hog deck, or giant poison deck which I never use and play it against opponents who use these decks on the ladder and know them inside and out. All because my trophy level on ladder is high.

Right now challenge is simply ladder with a lower lvl cap. What's the point in having this new mode if I'm still only going to be matched against opponents within my ladder trophy range? People in lower arenas with cards below tournament standards will still run into opponents with higher lvl cards from them. They'll just happen to be around he same trophy range. Just like in ladder.

Top Bottom