• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Yesterday I played a match against a person with ~3.4-3.6k trophies ... I was 2.2k. The matchmaker is a little too quick for my tastes.

Likewise, I'm in 3.4k and got matched against 4.4k.

He wasn't that good though. I checked his profile and he was an obvious P2W player. 15k donations but has Lv10 rares, Lv7 epics?

Alur

Finally broke the 4k plateau last night. Feels good man.

yKc0vik.png

That'll probably be the end of my laddering for a while. Can't make it much farther than that and leveling a common from 12 to 13 takes ~31 days so I'm pretty well stuck where I'm at.

Just gonna enjoy the new challenge mode for a while and try out decks. Level up/try to acquire the new cards as they come out and have some fun with them and play on my alt.

Dazzler

Finally broke the 4k plateau last night. Feels good man.

That'll probably be the end of my laddering for a while. Can't make it much farther than that and leveling a common from 12 to 13 takes ~31 days so I'm pretty well stuck where I'm at.

Just gonna enjoy the new challenge mode for a while and try out decks. Level up/try to acquire the new cards as they come out and have some fun with them and play on my alt.

Congrats! I always thought I'd stop on the ladder once I hit 3,000. But the reset moving up to 4,000 makes it achievable now. Couple of guys in our clan are up around 3,600 now

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Ah it's a shame that they upped the Legendary Season reset to 4000 trophies. Because the season ends on Sunday and you could stop playing now and earn some Legendary Trophies. But now you have to be above 4000 at the end of the season to earn Legendary Trophies.

I doubt I'll be able to get to 4000 without paying unless I both get lucky with my chests and do some serious grinding.

DrkSage

Mega minion is such a wonderful card. Mines at lvl 6 and he kicks ass like he's a lvl 8.

Currently running this deck that took me to the 3,500 mark. It's been a while since I been here.

Here's the deck:
Giant Lvl.8
Sparky lvl.2
Mini pekka lvl.8
Mega minion lvl.6
The log lvl.2
Poison lvl.4
Zap lvl.10
Elixir collector lvl.7

hollomat

Banned
Even a trophy limit of 3000 isn't keeping the spam requests away anymore. We just got 7 requests in the past hour. Not sure what changed to make that happen.

I've had to change our clan to closed, but if anyone wants to join just post here or send me a PM and I'll open it back up.

Per Reddit if you're below arena 9, you'll get a legendary chest once every 2 chest cycles. If you're in arena 9, you'll get one every cycle.

https://m.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/54bjwp/legendary_chest_in_chest_cycle_with_proof/

Ninja Dom

Plenty of Level 9's are crossing into Legendary Arena now. Since they raised the Season reset to 4000 it's gonna be impossible to get the actual number of players. But in the low 3000's there are plenty of Level 9's now.

DrkSage

Changed the deck a little since it kinda brought me down back to around 3,200-3,300

I removed sparky and the log and replaced them with ice spirit and musketeer since I saw a tv royale replay in which the user had the same deck as I did but he was using those two cards. I tried it and now I'm at 3,762🏆

Amazing how switching two cards can do miracles

Ninja Dom

Molt_YouTube is making a new statement about "cheating" in the game.

In his latest video he was playing against a guy who he was easily beating. Took the guy's first tower down no problem and it looked like it was gonna be an easy victory for Molt.

Then we see a dramatic turnaround when the opponent wins the match as if he seemingly knew what cards Molt had and how much elixir Molt had.

During the match we see that up to 6 people are spectating the game. These people aren't Molt's friends list, he presumes they are on his opponents friends list. These people are then able to see Molt's cards & elixir and then relay that info to the opponent. Either the viewers are in the same room as the opponent so the opponent can see their screens or the info is being relayed by FaceTime, Skype etc on other devices.

Matush

In his latest video he was playing against a guy who he was easily beating. Took the guy's first tower down no problem and it looked like it was gonna be an easy victory for Molt.

Then we see a dramatic turnaround when the opponent wins the match as if he seemingly knew what cards Molt had and how much elixir Molt had.

During the match we see that up to 6 people are spectating the game. These people aren't Molt's friends list, he presumes they are on his opponents friends list. These people are then able to see Molt's cards & elixir and then relay that info to the opponent. Either the viewers are in the same room as the opponent so the opponent can see their screens or the info is being relayed by FaceTime, Skype etc on other devices.
How exactly is this cheating? Any player in 4k area knows what cards and approx. how much elixir his opponent has based on his previous plays. Some are taking this game waaaaay to seriously.

Alur

If you have two devices you can do it yourself, no need to involve anyone else. That's what Guy and I were talking about in clan chat yesterday because he was upset about it.

I can see it going both ways, honestly.

By the time it would matter you should already know what cards your opponent has/rough elixir count. On the other hand, it is definitely a bypass that wasn't intended. I don't know if it truly has a huge impact on the game (though no doubt, depending on your own ability to count cards or not it could be big), but I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

Future

How exactly is this cheating? Any player in 4k area knows what cards and approx. how much elixir his opponent has based on his previous plays. Some are taking this game waaaaay to seriously.

The game needs a delay like league of legends. Part of the game is prediction and this takes that away. You can even see what cards they are preparing to drop before they do, and what makes them change their mind ensuring you always make the perfect play

It's definitely an oversight

Ninja Dom

If you have two devices you can do it yourself, no need to involve anyone else. That's what Guy and I were talking about in clan chat yesterday because he was upset about it.

I can see it going both ways, honestly.

By the time it would matter you should already know what cards your opponent has/rough elixir count. On the other hand, it is definitely a bypass that wasn't intended. I don't know if it truly has a huge impact on the game (though no doubt, depending on your own ability to count cards or not it could be big), but I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

Yeah I figured that you were talking about something to do with having an advantage while spectating. I just caught the last of the convo.

hollomat

Banned
The game needs a delay like league of legends. Part of the game is prediction and this takes that away. You can even see what cards they are preparing to drop before they do, and what makes them change their mind ensuring you always make the perfect play

It's definitely an oversight

Can you see that though? Before the update in tourneys, you couldn't see what cards the player had until they played them. Before that they would show up as question marks. Even after they've played all their cards, it never shows what cards are currently in their hand. Unless they've changed this for the friends spectating?

The one advantage it does give is you can see exactly how much elixir your opponent has. You can usually get a good sense of it by keeping track yourself but it can get tricky especially if they use an elixir collector. For this reason alone they should ban challenge spectating or not let you see the elixir.

About 50% of my challenge matches my opponent is doing this.

Alur

If they are on your friends list you can also see the cards, hollomat. It doesn't work like normal spectating, you get more information, or at least that's what people are saying. I haven't tried it personally.

hollomat

Banned
If they are on your friends list you can also see the cards, hollomat. It doesn't work like normal spectating, you get more information, or at least that's what people are saying. I haven't tried it personally.

In that case it completely ruins challenge mode and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. The friend spectating feature is probably being used more for cheating in challenges than for actually spectating friends.

Alur

Works on the ladder too. You can have an iPad and iPhone account. Friend them. Load into a ladder game, spectate, and do the same thing there.

I'm still not sure it's a huge advantage versus people who have played long enough to know how to count the elixir/cards as they can do that without the cheating, but it's obnoxious for sure. They shouldn't allow it no matter how big or small the advantage.

hollomat

Banned
I have a pretty good idea in my head of how much elixir they have and what cards they should have in their hand, but seeing it right in front of me would make it much easier. If I knew for sure they didn't have arrows back in their hand I'd be much more likely to play minion horde.

Also sometimes it gets tricky to know exactly how much elixir they have (they play elixir pump, I play poison on elixir pump) so seeing the actual amount would really help.

...but how much of the player base revels in scumbaggery no matter how big or small?

:p

Based on the amount of emote spam I get on ladder and challenge, a fairly large amount.

Alur

I honestly only see emote spam maybe 1 in 10 games. Others seem to see it more frequently. I definitely think it's lesser in the 3200+ range than in most areas. The ~2000 range and the 2800-3200 range is where I've seen the saltiest players.

Kioshen

Those players that spam the laughing emote after scraping a win at the last second with overleveled card ... I just shake my head.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I honestly only see emote spam maybe 1 in 10 games. Others seem to see it more frequently. I definitely think it's lesser in the 3200+ range than in most areas. The ~2000 range and the 2800-3200 range is where I've seen the saltiest players.

I only see it very rarely myself. Maybe 1 in 20 games if that. Mostly playing in 2700-3100 currently.

Ocho

I just wish Supercell had completely hidden emotes when muted.

Yes, Supercell, I'm sure that bubble spamming when I lose is the guy spamming good game! /s

nampad

I see it in like 80% of my losses, on all my accounts (2600-3500). Also seeing quite often on my wins.

In challenge mode it is more like 95%.

I just hate the community of this game, it is super toxic and no fun. Supercell also ficked up the mute option.
I think the emotes actually drive players away instead of converting people to pay.

hollomat

Banned
What's the best princess and ice wizard deck?

Depends on what cards you have lvled and which cards you can use best.

My deck is:

Royal Giant lvl 12
Elixir Collector lvl 7
Princes lvl 2
Ice wizard lvl 2
Spear goblins lvl 11
Barbarians lvl 12
Arrows lvl 10
Minion Horde lvl 11

It's gotten me to just below 4000 trophies.

hollomat

Banned
Had the legendary chest offer in my shop. Bought it and got inferno dragon.

I'll test him out tonight in challenge mode and report back.

cuilan

So, the one time I consider spending actual money on this game is for the $5 Legendary Chest. And what do I get? The Log, a dupe of the only legendary card I already have. For a while after it happened, I was strongly considering filing a CC charge-back and starting over from zero. I made my rage known to the rest of GAF Royale earlier today. I am slightly more calm now.

hollomat

Banned
So, the one time I consider spending actual money on this game is for the $5 Legendary Chest. And what do I get? The Log, a dupe of the only legendary card I already have. For a while after it happened, I was strongly considering filing a CC charge-back and starting over from zero. I made my rage known to the rest of GAF Royale earlier today. I am slightly more calm now.

Could be worse. At least you didn't buy a super magical chest for $40 and get log. Or even worse, no legendaries.

I just looked through the lower arenas on TV Royal and saw only fuckery going on.
What is the shit with lv. 1 players with all the epics and legendaries playing in bone pit against lv 8 and 9s?
What is it with the faux matched in lower arenas where one acc places few troops and then stops and lets the other player win?

I'm in legendary league, I've never seen something like that but can it creep up?

japtor

Got the Super Magical and Legendary chests...most valuable thing for me out of them was the gold in the first one. Waiting on an Epic chest right now.

Nerokis

Whew. Finally out of the "here, get ever so slightly closer to legendary, and then go back 100-200 trophies, culminating with a handful of 'one more win...!' disappointments" cycle, and officially in arena 9. Decided to double down on the self-hatred by accepting the store offer, and now have an inferno dragon sitting around somewhere.

What a CR night.

JDdelphin

Could be worse. At least you didn't buy a super magical chest for $40 and get log. Or even worse, no legendaries.

Yeah. I've spent way more than $5 and have gotten zero legendaries. Been playing since launch too.

Getting upset that the legendary you do have is now level 2 instead of getting a brand new legendary... is boggling to me.

Top Bottom