• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Ushay

Well this ended up happening today.

I got one too, my deck is now;

Ice Wizard
Inferno Dragon
Archers
Royal Giant
Black Knight
Knight
Mega Minion
Rage Elixir

Been doing pretty well with it. That Inferno Dragon RIPS through towers like butter when it's uncontested.

yatesl

Bought Inferno Dragon from the shop today. Only legendary I'm missing now in LJ because I keep passing up on him.

Man, September was a busy (... And expensive...) Clash month for me. From stuck in Frozen with an RG deck prenerf and a level 2 hound, to switching to 3M and hitting legendary, then legendaries dropping and buying the special offers to have enough gold to buy the rest.

Think I might stick to challenges for a bit as a lot of players now have level 8 and 9 rares vs my 7

cuilan

Yeah. I've spent way more than $5 and have gotten zero legendaries. Been playing since launch too.

Getting upset that the legendary you do have is now level 2 instead of getting a brand new legendary... is boggling to me.

A level 2 is useless in challenge and tournament modes, and a level 2 log provides almost no damage boost over a level 1, and it's still going to be a while before I have enough gold to actually level it. I'm still mad.

Whenever I start a Grand Challange I face nothing but Lavahound players I can't defend against with my deck...
Deck works fine for normal play and Classic Challange but for my last 3 Grand Challanges out of the first 4 matches, 3 were against Lavahounds... -.-

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have no idea how to use this inferno dragon. I want to use him against giant decks, but I will fight none when I put him in my deck. Then I take him out, and then I fight giant decks. I SEE WHAT YOUR'E DOING, SC.

Too bad it is garbage.
It is so easy to distract, I've been locked into it with a tower and then it break and focus on a new creature that was out down ( without a zap resetting)

How is that even possible? It doesn't change targets like that.

Dunlop

How is that even possible? It doesn't change targets like that.
I've removed it from my deck, but I'll try to share previous battles as it has happened multiple times.

It's aggro range is insane, I've had it go up the left lane only to aggro on a mob on the right.

I'm sure they will patch it, but I can't see any use for it

commish

I've removed it from my deck, but I'll try to share previous battles as it has happened multiple times.

It's aggro range is insane, I've had it go up the left lane only to aggro on a mob on the right.

I'm sure they will patch it, but I can't see any use for it

Literally 10 seconds ago I mistakenly hit Battle when starting the app, starting a ladder match with my play around tournament deck (which has inferno dragon). Wouldn't you know it, that stupid dragon burned through my opponent's RG, mini pekka, right tower, then castle.

I have a clan mate who runs a lava hound, mega minion, inferno dragon deck with a lot of success.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Too bad it is garbage.
It is so easy to distract, I've been locked into it with a tower and then it break and focus on a new creature that was out down ( without a zap resetting)
Weird, haven't seen it happening with mine. Really fun card so far, scored some lightning fast 3 crown wins with it.

Kinda feels like a flying Sparky, got its "feast or famine" feel to it but with its lower cost it's way more viable as a defensive card against tanks. I've stopped Lavahounds before they reached the tower for example.

Future

I've recently added inferno tower to my deck and now I am shooting up in ranks. Had to accept that giant meta needs to be respected. What a difference now that I have that thing. For giant poison decks usually only the poison damages me now

Just got a level 1 inferno dragon. Viable replacement for the tower? Scared to try it since I'm afraid to lose trophy progress. I feel like with the less hp that poison will really hurt this thing

Dunlop

Weird, haven't seen it happening with mine. Really fun card so far, scored some lightning fast 3 crown wins with it.

Kinda feels like a flying Sparky, got its "feast or famine" feel to it but with its lower cost it's way more viable as a defensive card against tanks. I've stopped Lavahounds before they reached the tower for example.

try a friendly match with someone and then have them throw a spear goblin or skeleton down once your dragon is already locked on to a tower. Always seemed to be when I was on a tower, never if I was locked onto a mob like a giant

trying to google it, but man the bug vs a balloon is crazy.

Ninja Dom

I've recently added inferno tower to my deck and now I am shooting up in ranks. Had to accept that giant meta needs to be respected. What a difference now that I have that thing. For giant poison decks usually only the poison damages me now

Just got a level 1 inferno dragon. Viable replacement for the tower? Scared to try it since I'm afraid to lose trophy progress. I feel like with the less hp that poison will really hurt this thing

What did you get rid of for Inferno Tower?

Dunlop

Do some of the 10 gem tournaments to try it out if friendly matches are not an option, personally it was not a viable replacement for me as it does not pull the Giant off the path towards your tower and how easy it is to aggro away.

I'm trying to find any viable deck for it, but because it is so new the only variants are the moment have lava hound which I do not have.

hollomat

Banned
Where do people usually go to find deck variants? Reddit doesn't seem to be too useful for that.

I've got inferno dragon and lava hound and want to put together a tourney deck with them.

Future

What did you get rid of for Inferno Tower?

I was running a fast cycle deck and had goblins, ice and fire spirits in it. Got rid of the spear goblins. Slower deck now but it's worth it considering the elixir I'd have to dump to kill a giant through poison. Usually the poison would weaken everything enough that I couldn't even push with any units I dropped against giant

I'm slightly weak on anti air but I find the inferno tower does that job for me too. Distracts and kills lava hound and absorbs the damage from the pups while I build my support.

With princess the tower works well too because some people are hesitant to drop anything with it sitting out there. So I kill their giant and then Drop princess at the bridge forcing them to do something. Whatever they drop walks right into the inferno

nampad

Where do people usually go to find deck variants? Reddit doesn't seem to be too useful for that.

I've got inferno dragon and lava hound and want to put together a tourney deck with them.

I just think of my own decks, though I do watch a lot of youtube clips so I get some inspiration.
I would recommend just looking at the decks top players use if you want a deck that assuredly works.

hollomat

Banned
I just think of my own decks, though I do watch a lot of youtube clips so I get some inspiration.
I would recommend just looking at the decks top players use if you want a deck that assuredly works.

That's what I've been doing. The issue is I never play lava hound so it's tough to tell if a deck I've created isn't working out because I'm playing it poorly or if it's just a terrible deck.

Kioshen

There ya go. I usually go with the usual youtube channel that provide solid CR content like Orange Juice, SuperMagicalCup, Clash with Ash and KairosTime Gaming.

commish

For those of you with ID...

Try this:

Inferno Dragon
Lava Hound
Pump
Minions
Zap
Guards
Princess
Mega Minion

I am beasting through people with this deck. I've never had so many 3-crowns. If you drop the LH and they drop something like a hog, just let that hog get its 1500 damage on your tower. Your goal should be to just roll up their tower and then their castle.

Hardest counter so far were wizard and 3 musks. I had no answer for them but still almost won. I think I need something like lightning. I'll have to noodle on it.

just got my 6th ledge this morning :)

Lb3Ce7r.png

Mistouze

Try this:

Inferno Dragon
Lava Hound
Pump
Minions
Zap
Guards
Princess
Mega Minion

I am beasting through people with this deck. I've never had so many 3-crowns. If you drop the LH and they drop something like a hog, just let that hog get its 1500 damage on your tower. Your goal should be to just roll up their tower and then their castle.

Hardest counter so far were wizard and 3 musks. I had no answer for them but still almost won. I think I need something like lightning. I'll have to noodle on it.

Do you feel like the pump is essential to that deck? I'd rather replace it by a low cost unit like fire or ice elixir. EDIT : It's at 3.4 elixir with fire spirit. If I had the MM at tournament level I'd try it in challenge mode.

zoukka

I got an Ice Wizard from a Golden Chest. Already have him at Level 2 but it was interesting to see.

I've gotten several legendaries from silver/free chests IIRC. A couple from Super Magicals.

Today I bought the legendary chest (no-brainer) and got my first Lumberjack yay!

commish

Do you feel like the pump is essential to that deck? I'd rather replace it by a low cost unit like fire or ice elixir. EDIT : It's at 3.4 elixir with fire spirit. If I had the MM at tournament level I'd try it in challenge mode.

It's hard to build up the steamroller without pump, but certainly possible. I actually had to take out zap and use poison because apparently running archers and mirrors are a thing? What? And they say that SC doesn't make you fight your counter! :p Also graveyards are rough to handle because they slow things down so much. We will see if I keep zap out. It might be too useful for infernos or enemy inferno dragons.

Fire spirit would be good too. Maybe I make that switch as well. Anyway, I'm winning the vast majority of my fights with this deck. Such a fun deck to play.

Sushen

Try this:

Inferno Dragon
Lava Hound
Pump
Minions
Zap
Guards
Princess
Mega Minion

What's the attack strategy with this deck?

Agent

I had Inferno Dragon in my shop this morning so picked it up. I've been using this deck with relative ease and currently stand at 4114 trophies. Played 15 games with it today went 13-2. It's amazing how many people have little to no air defense and this deck just steamrolls people. The two losses were against a Hog cycle and Miner cycle deck. I had the Hog cycle deck beat until a last second error. The Miner cycle deck did destroy me pretty bad, but mainly because I had an awful starting hand and I couldn't recover.

Goblins
Zap
Guards
Mega Minion
Miner
Baby Dragon
Inferno Dragon
Lava Hound

Average Elixir: 3.5

Guards/Goblins/Mega Minion are good for quick defense. Send in the Lava Hound with Baby Dragon support for any Minions played. Send in the Inferno Dragon a bit after that once they've played some level of defense. I do try to hold onto the ID for as long as I can just to add the surprise factor into it when it's played. Send in the Miner as the Lava Hound is about to explode to tank. If for some reason they have some good air defense, then you can play a modified Miner cycle type of deck.

JoeNut

well i got a legendary chest, then an epic chest, then a golden chest, then i opened a free chest and got Lava Hound...i guess my luck is in

Ninja Dom

well i got a legendary chest, then an epic chest, then a golden chest, then i opened a free chest and got Lava Hound...i guess my luck is in

Joe!!!

Like you I got a Legendary Chest then an Epic Chest then a Silver Chest. And I opened a free Chest and got my first Miner.

Anyone have any good xbow decks? Mine is only level 3 and I'm in the 3,000~ trophy range but the card is super fun to use and many people don't know how to react to them.

JoeNut

Joe!!!

Like you I got a Legendary Chest then an Epic Chest then a Silver Chest. And I opened a free Chest and got my first Miner.

THere's definitely something changed, SC must've messed with something to make legendaries easier to get (they did say they'd be doing so last announcement)

Dunlop

Fairly certain I read something about Legendary and Epic chests always being next to each other in the cycle.

I got an legendary chest last night for the first time and then the one right after was an epic

I only have 2 legendaries, miner and ID

excited about a new card with deck oportunities I actually paid 144 gems to open it right away

...and got another miner

This game is a asshole

Mistouze

I got an legendary chest last night for the first time and then the one right after was an epic

I only have 2 legendaries, miner and ID

excited about a new card with deck oportunities I actually paid 144 gems to open it right away

...and got another miner

This game is a asshole
It's certainly less exciting than getting a new card but upgrading Miner to lvl 2 is worth it.

Ozone

Finally made it to Legendary arena today! I really didn't think I'd ever make it, but somehow pulled it off with an underleveled deck. Bought the starter pack and now going to sit on donations until I get this to a comfortable level to try to stay in.

Got my first Leg Arena 7 chest last night. It's opening right now.

What is the worst Leg that I can (will!) get?
Log. Though if used against a deck that swarms with ground troops behind larger units it can be good.

Finally made it to Legendary arena today! I really didn't think I'd ever make it, but somehow pulled it off with an underleveled deck. Bought the starter pack and now going to sit on donations until I get this to a comfortable level to try to stay in.

Log. Though if used against a deck that swarms with ground troops behind larger units it can be good.

Great. I will be prepared. Managed to beat off a couple of swarm decks recently and I could really have used a Log last night.

Ozone

Me too! nice one!

at one point i was on 2999 trophies, the next game i played i was nervous as hell haha
Congrats! :)

Now I'm going to be nervous every match until I either drop an arena or get a 100-trophy cushion. I really want to keep those extra donation amounts, haha.

Dunlop

It's certainly less exciting than getting a new card but upgrading Miner to lvl 2 is worth it.

I went on a 8 game winning streak lol...then a horrific losing streak where 5/6 of my next matches had a sparky

That creature is so horrifically broken I can't wrap my head around how it is allowed in the game

hollomat

Banned
I went on a 8 game winning streak lol...then a horrific losing streak where 5/6 of my next matches had a sparky

That creature is so horrifically broken I can't wrap my head around how it is allowed in the game

Sparky is incredibly easy to counter if you have zap which almost everyone does. If not (like me) he's a little trickier but can still be countered. I normally wait til he gets close and drop barbs all around him. He kills two and the other two kill him.

Top Bottom