• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Grampasso

So if skarmy is the new card, that could be ANOTHER zap lure card, potentially you could have a deck with Sparky, Goblin barrel, minion horde and Skarmy.

Don't forget graveyard or whatever it's called is coming too. Arrows might be required once again.
Arrows and whatever instant dmg spell should be useless against graveyard, it spawns a skeleton every 0.5s, the perfect counter is poison (1 elixir gain) or any troop that can 1shot skeletons (maybe archers could be fine)

yatesl

Just beat classic challenge with Lava Hound, Inferno Dragon, Baby Dragon, Mega Minion, Log, Miner, Skeleton Army and Lightening.

I knew I should have done Grand. Reminded me of Goison - throw down units with tank in front, and cast spell when there are bad guys.

Ninja Dom

The recent update made me swap out Elixir Pump for Skeleton Army.

I'm now at a personal trophy high of 3621.

Royal Giant
Sparky
Skeleton Army
Princess
Ice Wizard
Zap
Poison
Lumberjack

Skeleton Army is just too good now.

Kioshen

I have the cards to make my skel army to level 4 easy but i'm afraid to drop the gold on it just in case it's brief passing. I'm not running a deck that needs or can use it so might as well sit on it for now.

Maddrical

Recently picked this up again on Android after I played it when it first launched on my iPhone. Only dropped about 2 games on the way to ~1400 trophies, been rocking an elixir average of 3.0 and just overwhelming them with skeletons and trolls. The only unit over 3 elixir that I'm using is the witch. Seems to be working pretty well. I had a super magic chest drop yesterday which is 3 hours away from opening, pretty excited to see what's inside as I've never had one drop before! Only an arena 2 chest though which is a shame but oh well. Last time I played this game I quit because I got insanely frustrated at losing to freeze cards and other rare cards that I didn't have, have they increased the drop rate of the rarer cards or something? Seem to be dropping a bit more than they used to. Still not looking forward to fighting someone with that freeze card. The first game I lose to the freeze + hog rider combo will trigger me.

JoeNut

trophy high of 31XX right now with
RG
ice Wiz
Princess
Skarmy
Gob Barrel
Inferno
Minions
Zap

Seems pretty badass against most things i've been up against, but a lvl 8 valkyrie can own me.

Considering the love for skarmy right now i'm surprised im not seeing more valkyrie.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just fought the most obnoxious deck that I simply could never even come close to beating.

Bowler
Ice Wizard
Log
Mega Minion
Skellies
Inferno Tower
Rocket
Ice Spirit

He simply used 7 cards to defend against whatever I did, and would then rocket me. It's very easy to get an elixir advantage while defending, so the strategy makes sense. Guy was at around 4500 cups so I assume it works for him.

JoeNut

Just fought the most obnoxious deck that I simply could never even come close to beating.

Bowler
Ice Wizard
Log
Mega Minion
Skellies
Inferno Tower
Rocket
Ice Spirit

He simply used 7 cards to defend against whatever I did, and would then rocket me. It's very easy to get an elixir advantage while defending, so the strategy makes sense. Guy was at around 4500 cups so I assume it works for him.

the rocket seems really popular right now - especially strong against giant/sparky/lava hound decks as you fire the rocket and hit both the tower and the card - then rinse repeat.

its horrible and i refuse to try it

pdk27

I was running this deck before the update:
Giant
M pekka
Musketeers
M minion
Ice spirit
Poison
Zap
Collector

Of course after the update it got major nerf, I lost 700 trophies, went from 4000 to 3300 trying different decks until I decided to work around the past meta deck (the one above). Took out poison, ice spirit, collector, and replaced it with miner, fireball and skeleton army, and I only have one thing to say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYsfIYUV4Gk

3600 and rising

Trying out this deck. It's fun. Thanks.

commish

the rocket seems really popular right now - especially strong against giant/sparky/lava hound decks as you fire the rocket and hit both the tower and the card - then rinse repeat.

its horrible and i refuse to try it

Yeah, lot of rockets right now, probably because SC has made defensive units so strong. I've also been seeing a lot of giant + musk + lightning decks.

Nevyr

Banned
My daily crown chest, is it based upon what level I am when I get the 10 crowns or what level I am when I open it?

Seems like everyone have at least 1 legend and are 2+ levels higher than me. Makes it difficult to maintain arena level.

Dazzler

My daily crown chest, is it based upon what level I am when I get the 10 crowns or what level I am when I open it?

Seems like everyone have at least 1 legend and are 2+ levels higher than me. Makes it difficult to maintain arena level.

I'm pretty sure it's based on whatever arena you're in when you receive the final crown

I'm open to correction on that though

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Woof, that looks amazing on offense

Yeah. I think its going to be easy to get caught without sufficient elixir or an appropriate unit, especially in combination with something else bearing down on your tower.

I suspect my deck will do "ok" as I have a valk, musk, and minions. In a pinch I have a miner to tank too.

Saved my legendary chest that I got a few days ago and just opened, and was happy to see I got the Graveyard.

I've used in a few battles and it doesn't seem OP, but maybe I don't know how to use it correctly yet.

Kioshen

... wanna know what's lucky ? I saved up a mc but got nothing and then this morning i opened up my gold chest and got graveyard out of it. I mean what the hell !?

Can't seem to break into the 4000 trophies regions.
I mainly focussed on deck, so I can't really change it since all my other cards are so underleveled.

I'm using
Commons, all lv 11: Royal Giant, Zap, Cannon, Barbs
Rare, all lv. 8: Pump, Fireball, Wizard
And Ice Wizard lv. 2

I might be able to afford to change one or two cards. Any ideas?

Spurs

Neo Member
I was having loads of fun playing this up until recently.

Feel like I've hit a wall and can't seem to win a single game. Everyone has cards I don't have and can't seem to unlock

Kioshen

What arena are you on now and the deck you're using ?. I was blazing trails early on until i've hit the edge of arena 6 when I started in august. Walls are fairly common in this game. It's just compressed at the tail of the game.

Grampasso

... wanna know what's lucky ? I saved up a mc but got nothing and then this morning i opened up my gold chest and got graveyard out of it. I mean what the hell !?
Kio it's not that, it's that you have almost all the legendaries and found all of them in a span of like 2 weeks?

Kioshen

Might seem like it but i've been playing since mid august. The last two weeks I've found the log and graveyard. I had a dry spell of two weeks before that. Over the last 12 weeks I've found 7 legendaries. 2 from free chests, 1 from golden chest, 2 from smc bought using the special offers and 2 from legendary chest special offer (500gems).

pdk27

I've got the following deck:

Sparky Level 2
Ice Wizard Level 2
Ice Spirit Level 10
Giant Level 8
Mini Pekka Level 8
Fire Spirits Level 10
Zap Level 10
Pump Level 7

Thinking about replacing the pump with either Mega Minion Level 7 or Princess Level 1. Thoughts?

commish

Sparky Level 2
Ice Wizard Level 2
Ice Spirit Level 10
Giant Level 8
Mini Pekka Level 8
Fire Spirits Level 10
Zap Level 10
Pump Level 7

Thinking about replacing the pump with either Mega Minion Level 7 or Princess Level 1. Thoughts?

I think the time of the pump is done, to be honest. Too many people have spells in their deck and the cost is too high now. If you set on running sparky, you should have another card in your deck to bait out zap. Perhaps goblin barrel?

Kioshen

Lol I don't think you realize that it's an unprecedented rate XD

Considering the average of 302 normal chest opening per legendary drop then sure 3 random drop is above average. The rest is basically p2w really. At this point I've dropped the equivalent of a AAA release in cash on this which is fine since I've played this game daily since I started.

Sparky Level 2
Ice Wizard Level 2
Ice Spirit Level 10
Giant Level 8
Mini Pekka Level 8
Fire Spirits Level 10
Zap Level 10
Pump Level 7

Depends on what made you lost. If you needed another runner card then go with MM but if you needed more sustain AOE then princess is a safe bet.

pdk27

I think the time of the pump is done, to be honest. Too many people have spells in their deck and the cost is too high now. If you set on running sparky, you should have another card in your deck to bait out zap. Perhaps goblin barrel?

Interesting. I have a level 4 goblin barrel. I'll give it a try.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
My deck right now is really working. Wondering if anyone is using something similar.

Hog lvl7
Miner 2
Log 1
Skelly army 3
Arrows 9
Valk 7
Musketeer 6
MM 6

Great defense and strong pushes and counter pushes. I miss zap sometimes but the arrows are needed for minion hordes and troll troops. Tried zap but it wasn't cutting it. At 2860 right now and lvl 9. So close to arena 9!

Agent

New balance changes coming 11/1. https://clashroyale.com/blog/release-notes/balance-changes-coming-11-1

The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats - in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

In this round of balance changes we're taking a look at the Ice Spirit, Ice Golem, Rage and Inferno Tower.

Ice Spirit: Freeze duration decreased to 1.5sec (from 2sec)
Currently highly used at the top, Ice Spirit offers a bit too much stopping power for 1 Elixir.

Ice Golem: Death Damage increased by 74%
This change ensures that Ice Golem's Death Damage kills Skeletons (at the Tournament Rules card levels).

Rage: Effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
Rage can be a really fun and impactful spell when it makes an appearance in the Arena, but currently it isn't seeing much usage. Increasing the effect should make it a more compelling choice.

Lumberjack: Rage effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
For consistency with the Rage spell changes above.

Inferno Tower: Hitpoints decreased by 6%
Inferno Tower is currently one of the top defensive choices and as a result the "big guys" (Golem, etc.) become less appealing to use. Additionally, it can sometimes be hard to efficiently remove from the Arena, so we're aiming to remedy both of these things with a small Hitpoint reduction.

Nothing too major overall. My Lava Hound deck thanks Supercell for the Inferno Tower nerf though. Unfortunately I do suspect Hog cycle decks will welcome the change and increase in numbers.

Top Bottom