• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Agent

Uh, Supercell may have outed a new card on the website image for the balance changes. A tornado card?

XtzKYLj.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the graveyard good? I've played one match against it, and I smacked that guy down (though I did lose a tower because I had no idea wtf was going on).

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Is the graveyard good? I've played one match against it, and I smacked that guy down (though I did lose a tower because I had no idea wtf was going on).

When watching the Orange Juice gaming video on it, I thought it looked a little overpowered, but in practice I've found it easy to deal with.

Kioshen

It needs a special kind of deck that hasn't been found for now I think. In practice it's not overpowered but it needs attention right away for sure when it lands on the field. It's funny when you drop it on a sparky however. It just twirls around while charging up.

I think it works really well in lava hound decks (serves the same purpose as tombstone but you need to pay much more attention to it).

But as someone who doesn't have lavahound, I haven't found it to be particularly useful yet for the 5 elixir it costs.

nampad

Guess a new hard counter to the graveyard leaked :(

83w4iBF.jpg

I am frowning because I just got the graveyard this morning from a legendary chest offer. i also saved a legendary chest which will open up tomorrow.

My impression so far:

I switched out my princess in my miner chip cycle deck.

The graveyard is a fun card and can punish the opponent hard if you can predict that they are out of counters or even counter there defense.. After taking out one of the towers, your attacks to the second tower is severely weakened because the king tower shoots down so much troops.

Also, I think the graveyard can be helpful in the end game defense when you just want to keep the score.
I got my new personal best with the graveyard and I like the play style but I don't think it will dominate the meta in any way.

broz0rs

Graveyard isn't as op as many people thought it would be because it's just skeletons after all. That OJ video really explains all the cards that can defend against it. But man when it works, you just can't help but laugh at the hilarity of it. It's a bit like Sparky in a way because if it works, that tower is dead.

I've also done my fair share of experimenting with it, and I'm leaning towards the idea of the lavahound working best with it. Basically instead of lightening spell, use graveyard.

Matush

New OJ video about upcoming update, good changes all around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqM4oiuCxBY

In short:

If your clanmate/friend has lower level cards in friendly matches, it bumbs them up to Tournament standard
Muting opponent no longer shows "..." bubbles (THANK GOD)
While spectating friendly matches you can no longer see how much elixir your/your friends opponent has
Card request timer lowered to 7 hours (from 8)
You can up the required trophies in clan to 4000

hollomat

Banned
That card request timer is huge. I'm glad they're finally fixing the spectate issue too. I see so many cheaters abusing it.
I will miss the satisfaction though of absolutely crushing them.

They are the only people I BM, but I try to give them the ultimate BM. If I'm handily winning I'll spam crying emotes at the end then leave the game with 10 seconds left. Nothing like knowing your opponent beat you so bad he doesn't even need to be in the game for the final bit.

Dazzler

I'm pairing Graveyard with a giant/bowler and mega minion

when it works it chews up a tower in seconds. It's fun to experiment with for sure

Agent

New Sneak Peek: 4 new cards coming

First up is the tornado. There isn't any gameplay footage as it releases after the update. They are doing the staggered card releases every two weeks again.

juy1SF4.png

Agent

How do you get legendaries? Are they just in any random chest?

There are a few ways. You can get them in any chest, but the % of getting them are fairly low. If you hit legendary arena you can get them in the shop as they will randomly appear for 40,000 gold. You can also get them in challenge mode.

Here's a video from Orange Juice that generally talks about legendaries (and the cost of obtaining them): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_cSL6rjRk

nampad

Had to drop the graveyard from my deck again after tilting by over 400 trophies. It is a fun card but very situational. There are too many counters to the graveyard so it is difficult to get it on the tower in the right moment. The tornado spell will only make it worse.

The graveyard also sucks after you have taken a tower, which limits your offensive ability quite a bit.

I also did not built a whole deck around it though, I just replaced my princess. I don't have the gold to built a whole deck around the graveyard, which is also only level 1.

cuilan

So after getting 4 logs in a row I finally got a different legendary. Inferno Dragon from a magical chest. Would have preferred Ice Wizard or Miner, but anything that isn't another log is good enough for now. I'm not quite as angry anymore.

Nevyr

Banned
Finally finished a crown chest at arena 8 without dropping to 7 and having to climb back.

Also, I find people being way more douchy on Clash than like Hearthstone or similar games. Can't wait to keep them completely muted.

For instance spamming emotes and stuff: after they narrowly win being 2 levels higher and all cards being 2-3 levels higher + having legendaries.

Maybe this is more common in this arena rank, but 7 wasn't any better.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Since they made the initial emote changes I've had less people spamming emotes or crying kings than ever before. Was maybe 1 in 20. Now 1 in 50. I'all literally only have a couple a week. Most people are just silent, with the rest just being polite.

Currently in Legendary arena where I'd heard it was bad. But not my experience so far.

commish

Opegit Studio leaked all 4 new cards:
http://www.supercellfan.it/2016/cla...-elettrico-mega-barbari-clonazione-e-tornado/

Also, nickatnyte said there will be several new ingame features like:
-Random card game mode for the kings cup.
-clan trophies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUXlkwymU4

Random card mode is a fantastic idea. Would be fun.

Since they made the initial emote changes I've had less people spamming emotes or crying kings than ever before. Was maybe 1 in 20. Now 1 in 50. I'all literally only have a couple a week. Most people are just silent, with the rest just being polite.

Currently in Legendary arena where I'd heard it was bad. But not my experience so far.

I get bm'd quite a lot, even when I disconnect and reconnect and my tower is gone. I'm always like, "Uh... okay?". I get bm'd more in challenge mode than the normal ladder. Of couse, I play challenge mode 95% of the time.

I see x-bows are making a comeback. Still hate that card with all my heart. Makes me want to use a giant in my deck just for them.

w0s

I feel like I have been stuck on zone 5 forever. Every time I get a good deck going and i"m about to cross to 6 I lose like 3 in a row :(

Current Lineup:

Mirror
Hog Rider
Minion Horde
Witch
Wizard
Rocket (so fucking tired of having a tower nearly done and not being able to get it)
Ballon
Valkyrie

Any huge glaring holes? I know it is hard not knowing what cards I have but still.

commish

I feel like I have been stuck on zone 5 forever. Every time I get a good deck going and i"m about to cross to 6 I lose like 3 in a row :(

Current Lineup:

Mirror
Hog Rider
Minion Horde
Witch
Wizard
Rocket (so fucking tired of having a tower nearly done and not being able to get it)
Ballon
Valkyrie

Any huge glaring holes? I know it is hard not knowing what cards I have but still.

I'm almost always going to be against mirror because I feel like having a dedicated card and strategy is better. I'd also consider some cheap counter units. For example, if a mini-pekka is coming to your tower by itself, how do you stop it? Whatever you use is too expensive and is easily countered by your opponent. One of the keys to CR is to get efficient trades on defense so you can turn to offense with an elixir advantage. Consider using the little skellies, goblins, tombstone, ice spirit, etc.

Also, until you get experienced in defending and countering (and even then, tbh), I would recommend using at least one defensive unit, e.g., a cannon. Really helps with making efficient trades and are good in the current meta.

Keep in mind that losing 3 games in a row is extremely common. Just have to stick with it. Also know that some decks are just direct counters to yours. Don't making drastic changes based on a match or 3 if it's just direct counters to yours unless it happens often (which just means your deck isn't compatible with the current meta).

w0s

I'm almost always going to be against mirror because I feel like having a dedicated card and strategy is better. I'd also consider some cheap counter units. For example, if a mini-pekka is coming to your tower by itself, how do you stop it? Whatever you use is too expensive and is easily countered by your opponent. One of the keys to CR is to get efficient trades on defense so you can turn to offense with an elixir advantage.

Thanks. I'll keep tinkering. For awhile it was nice to be able to mirror against the other side once they popped off too much to take down the original side.

Kioshen

Current Lineup:

Mirror
Hog Rider
Minion Horde
Witch
Wizard
Ballon
Valkyrie

At quick glance, your deck is on the heavy elixir side without having a defensive structure. It's a hard ship to steer if you ever get cornered. You also rely a lot on rares and epics and those are harder to level up at the start. Might be better to swap out some cards using commons to get you up to speed faster. You also have more than enough aoe but not enough single target dps. I'd swap wizard for musketeer and minion horde for minions. I'd also "mirror" commish's concern about the mirror. Not sure what to replace it with because I never really played the ballon. If I would go on the safe side it's usually giant but then you're running hog so I don't know.

Nevyr

Banned

I had a draw 4games in a row, won 5 straight, lost 6, and ended up winning 1.

Any given day =)

Ive tilted 400 to stick with same deck and end up +100 by the time im done for the day.

A lot of skill is negated if you play higher level players which in turn means they have higher level cards.

Not to mention legendaries. Out of the 18 games today only 1 deck I faced didnt have atleast 1 legendary.

w0s

I had a draw 4games in a row, won 5 straight, lost 6, and ended up winning 1.

Any given day =)

Ive tilted 400 to stick with same deck and end up +100 by the time im done for the day.

A lot of skill is negated if you play higher level players which in turn means they have higher level cards.

Not to mention legendaries. Out of the 18 games today only 1 deck I faced didnt have atleast 1 legendary.

The one legendary I got was Miner and he's okay I guess but people counter him fast.

I guess I just need to play a lot more and not be so offensive minded.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Switched to

Mini Peka 4
Hog Rider 6
Minions 6
Skeleton Army 2
Wizard 4
Cannon 6
Spear Goblin 6
Valkyrie 5
I'd switch your mini pekka or valk for a miner. Hog/miner attacks are great plus the miner is very useful for other tasks.

nampad

Switched to

Mini Peka 4
Hog Rider 6
Minions 6
Skeleton Army 2
Wizard 4
Cannon 6
Spear Goblin 6
Valkyrie 5

The deck you had before was pretty bad. This deck also could be improved a bit in my opinion:

Hog
Valk
Musk
Gobs
Fire Spirits (Spear Gobs if you don't have it)
Zap (Arrows if you don't have it)
Cannon
Miner

The one legendary I got was Miner and he's okay I guess but people counter him fast.

I guess I just need to play a lot more and not be so offensive minded.
Miner is better than ok. He's easily one of the best cards in the game. Build around him with quick, high-DPS troops like minions, hog rider, and/or goblins.

JoeNut

wow i bet supercell are pissed at that leak.

seem to be stuck at 3300 now, log just owns my deck and everybody seems to have it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't played in a while. Popped on to see a legendary chest offer. Too good of a deal to pass up. And I end up with a duplicate of the only legendary I own...princess...ugh.

nampad

Haven't played in a while. Popped on to see a legendary chest offer. Too good of a deal to pass up. And I end up with a duplicate of the only legendary I own...princess...ugh.

If you can upgrade her to level 2, it wasn't a bad legendary chest because you actually use her. I know it is not as exciting as getting a new one though.

w0s

Miner is better than ok. He's easily one of the best cards in the game. Build around him with quick, high-DPS troops like minions, hog rider, and/or goblins.

Dumb question but do I wait for those high dps troops to go to tower before deploying or do i deploy him a little past a bridge once they reach it?

Also thanks for the help yesterday people I'm already doing better at countering and being patient waiting for a push.

commish

Dumb question but do I wait for those high dps troops to go to tower before deploying or do i deploy him a little past a bridge once they reach it?

Also thanks for the help yesterday people I'm already doing better at countering and being patient waiting for a push.

You want the miner to tank the tower damage, so you have to time it so that he reaches the tower first. You'll get the hang of it.

Hey guys. I was in the GAF Royale clan. Stopped playing a month ago, I was sick and bed ridden. Just got back to the game again.

If slot is open, do send me an invite.

nampad

Hey guys. I was in the GAF Royale clan. Stopped playing a month ago, I was sick and bed ridden. Just got back to the game again.

If slot is open, do send me an invite.

If it does not work out, the GAF clan has some open slots left. Just tell us if we should open the clan up.

Top Bottom