• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

vireland

This was the weirdest PSN buy for me! I usually don't like Wizardry type games (too hard, game over makes me sad), but I wanted a new game on my Vita in case the tropical storm knocked the power out for a few hours. No power outage, but I'm glad I bought it.

It was strangely fun trying to get lots of BP (45 is the highest for me). I'm wondering if I'm playing it "correctly"? Do I need to map out the entire map before I get a new area open? Or just finish the bulletin board quests?

Finish quests and find the exits from each set of maps to get to other towns/schools with more Labyrinths connected to them. I won't think less of you if you look at the Beginner's Brush map on gaijinworks.com in the help area. The overview maps will help give you a sense of how the maps work.

Holy crap, there are maps on gaijin work's site. Now this game will be much easier.

Anyone know what monsters to kill to get the flask the vice principal wants?

scy

Don't forget that you can buy maps in-game as well. They're blank, sure, but at least it keeps track of where you've been.

Just making sure to mention that since I don't think you're given anything of the sort at the start of the game.

scy

It has it's own area. Pretty hard to miss it when you find it.

As for how you get there, it's the same map as the one that leads to
Semiphred Hamlet - From the main entrance go: Southern Exit, West Exit, Southern Exit, Southern Exit

Edit: Bah, lrn2refresh

Edit2: Guys, please stop looking so happy when you gain a level and lose three stats.

scy

It's one of the few "Holy shit, that's massive!" dungeons I've seen so far.

Actually, as much as I hated the Bridge area, the Woods is still a lot larger in terms of total space I believe.

ys45

Ok WTF anyone encountered any problem playing on Vita ? i just loaded my game and realize all my characters portrait were no longer there .

I went to the office to check and nothing, all GONE (only the default char left) i still have my items and money but not my lvl 6 chars -_-

So uh that suck and i don't feel like restarting, oh well ...

scy

Did you try Depart -> Resume? Usually when you reload (either from quitting out, soft-reset, whatever) you start back in town and have to Resume Quest rather than it loading back to where you left off.

vireland

Ok WTF anyone encountered any problem playing on Vita ? i just loaded my game and realize all my characters portrait were no longer there .

I went to the office to check and nothing, all GONE (only the default char left) i still have my items and money but not my lvl 6 chars -_-

So uh that suck and i don't feel like restarting, oh well ...

Try selecting "Resume" at the title screen.

If not that, they're probably sitting around in whatever Labyrinth you left them in. Go back to that one and hit Circle, then "Find Friends". You can also pay in the clinic to have them auto-retrieved for you. You don't have to be on the same floor you left them, just the same Labyrinth.

ys45

Oh thanks guys ! i did depart and i got back to my team, whew !

I remember saving in the dungeon yesterday and i quit the game after that .

Thanks again !

So I get a quest to find something fashionable.
I was a bit puzzled by it and went back to get some more info.
As it turns out I was wearing the required item.
So the quest-giver ripped the shirt right off my back. Thanks =/

Good lord these quest rewards are crappy btw. At least the later Etrian games gave an EXP bonus as well.
I feel like I'm getting dicked over every time.

vireland

So I get a quest to find something fashionable.
I was a bit puzzled by it and went back to get some more info.
As it turns out I was wearing the required item.
So the quest-giver ripped the shirt right off my back. Thanks =/

Good lord these quest rewards are crappy btw. At least the later Etrian games gave an EXP bonus as well.
I feel like I'm getting dicked over every time.

Ha! I never even did quests for the rewards - it was always like "oh, more stuff to sell."

Did you have the
vintage jersey
on? Or one of the other "lesser" shirts?

The only one that was thoughtful and immediately useful was the quest where
you're given the stilts at the end.

scy

Now that I've done them all, I have to say that the worst Labyrinth to 100% was probably the Glacial one. Or maybe it's just my irrational hatred of those spinning tiles.

Uthred

How important is affinity because I quite fancy having a Diablos and Celestian in my party and everyone seems to hate the former and they both hate each other

KiTA

Can anyone give any feedback re: the racial classes? Any of them really, although the Necromancer is the one I'm most concerned about.

Basically, what has worked for people, what hasn't, etc etc.

garath

At first I thought the game was pretty easy then I made it to swordsman trail and these landshark things wipe my party every time. Do not dodge, do not pass go. They one shot all but my warrior. Fantastic lol.

Been doing a LOT more saving in Swordsman trail haha

scy

Alchemy is annoying me. So many Level 40-50+ equipment and so few Tier 5-6 mats ;__;

And there's a lot of oddities in the Alchemy recipes. Many of them seem to say one item (e.g., Knuckles) but the Level of the item in the details is way off (34, for instance, instead of <10). I guess this goes back to that pointer issue mentioned. Which is now getting a bit annoying since I think all the recipes I'm looking at are 3-4 items to make (e.g., Ascalon, Diamond Knuckle, etc.) and I spent ~150k gold on random recipes hoping to hit gold but unlocked actually nothing (or, most likely, duplicates). Once I get more Tier 5-6 mats, I'll try then to see if I can hammer out more recipes manually I guess.

Also, why do all the Mics say Mike?

How important is affinity because I quite fancy having a Diablos and Celestian in my party and everyone seems to hate the former and they both hate each other

It's used as a multiplier. As for the exacts of it (e.g., stats, damage, etc.), I'm not entirely certain. I've been more focused on playing instead of testing this.

I actually don't think you can adjust the status screen Affinity. Maybe some behind-the-scenes stuff with the +Affinity bonuses but I don't think the status screen itself reflects it.

Edit: Do be sure to use your Combination Attack skills pretty often. If nothing else, it raises the maximum of the Gauge along with the Affinity bonuses it keeps mentioning.

Can anyone give any feedback re: the racial classes? Any of them really, although the Necromancer is the one I'm most concerned about.

Basically, what has worked for people, what hasn't, etc etc.

I only have four so far (my Bahamun* Warrior and Celestian Samurai never went to their Advanced Classes) so:

Beast - My biggest grievanace with the class is that I have no idea where the Level 20-40 Fists are. Seriously, what's up with this? There's no Alchemy Recipes for them (though there's the mislabeled Knuckle and Baghknakh recipes) so I've been stuck with the same low-level weapons for like 30 levels. That said, she hits for 100-150 pretty often (+ Dual Wield), has good Evasion, okay HP (743 at 32), gets Counter at Level 7, and Godly Assault is 700-ish damage at the cost of her Defense. Basically, it's a Monk but better.

Summoner - Summon Seraphim, which you get in the teens, has a row attack that deals ~700-800 damage + Silences and can single-target Execute for 3000+ damage. Again, you get this in your teens. It's a permanent (until zoning out) summon. I've had this one-shot bosses. At the end of the game.

Outside of the Summon, no idea. I went from Sorceror to Summoner so I kept the spells. Having them is nice, I guess, and Whips/Harps aren't terrible items so far for damage. But, seriously, Summon Seraphim is absurd.

Alchemist - Honestly? Just seems to be a slower Sorceror in terms of spell acquisition. Maybe it's barred from the all-target Elementals and Ragnarok or something but it has Health Bomb, Restoration, Revival, Teleport, and at least the row-target spells. MP growth is okay (730 at 29). Item Storm is probably useless. Alchemist does get Dual Wield at 29 and Shin Yong 2 Sword at 45 so they can do some regular attack damage that way.

Alchemy in the field is okay but you're limited by the Alchemist's level. And no notes to check. So ... yeah. Their biggest perk is honestly that they're Gnomes and you'll get massive Affinity bonuses for everyone.

Edit: Just got Ragnarok on it (31) so I'll assume 31-40 will get the all-target elemental spells.

Sage - By your 20s, you have Ragnarok, Health Bomb, Restoration, Revival, and Teleport. 20-30 will get all the all-target elemental spells. Tremendous MP (1393 at 28). This is the best caster. Not much to say.

I want to note something about Samurai as well: They have some fairly good attack buffs. Namely, Clairvoyance. It can be cast on the field so outside of Anti-Magic areas, there's no reason to not to try to keep this up. Gleaming Sword is basically a worse Bahamun Breath (unless you're Dual Wielding status weapons or something since they're actual weapon swings).

*I have the stats for it but he's almost 40 so eh, I'll do it later and spend the ~2M Gold to get him back up.

vireland

Now that I've done them all, I have to say that the worst Labyrinth to 100% was probably the Glacial one. Or maybe it's just my irrational hatred of those spinning tiles.

So you finished and did the challenge labyrinths after the credits, too?

vireland

Alchemy is annoying me. So many Level 40-50+ equipment and so few Tier 5-6 mats ;__;

And there's a lot of oddities in the Alchemy recipes. Many of them seem to say one item (e.g., Knuckles) but the Level of the item in the details is way off (34, for instance, instead of <10). I guess this goes back to that pointer issue mentioned. Which is now getting a bit annoying since I think all the recipes I'm looking at are 3-4 items to make (e.g., Ascalon, Diamond Knuckle, etc.) and I spent ~150k gold on random recipes hoping to hit gold but unlocked actually nothing (or, most likely, duplicates). Once I get more Tier 5-6 mats, I'll try then to see if I can hammer out more recipes manually I guess.

There's a bug in the Alchemy recipe list. The pointers are wrong for some of them - you buy one recipe but it unlocks a different one. We're working on finding the base cause and fixing it.

KiTA

There's a bug in the Alchemy recipe list. The pointers are wrong for some of them - you buy one recipe but it unlocks a different one. We're working on finding the base cause and fixing it.

Will that be patchable without having to wait for the Opening patch, if we get that?

scy

WITCH'S WOODS AGAIN.

;__;

Edit: Oh wait, harder enemies! Hooray!

Right, that's what I'm saying :x Just noting that they're displaying it sort of when you check the Details of them. For instance, I'm looking at Saber which is priced at 23000G. The details say Level 38 which means that, if it's still a Sword, it's probably Goddess Rapier. If it's any recipe, that's now like an Arbalest (can it point to this? It's a non-Alchemy weapon), Orochi, Swordgun, etc. or probably some Armors, Rings, etc. now too.

Of course, the level of these could be wholly unrelated but the ones that do seem to work perfectly seem to match their item level with the recipe level I believe. I haven't kept track of the ones I did buy and what they unlocked as well as I could have :/

vireland

WITCH'S WOODS AGAIN.

;__;

Edit: Oh wait, harder enemies! Hooray!

Right, that's what I'm saying :x Just noting that they're displaying it sort of when you check the Details of them. For instance, I'm looking at Saber which is priced at 23000G. The details say Level 38 which means that, if it's still a Sword, it's probably Goddess Rapier. If it's any recipe, that's now like an Arbalest (can it point to this? It's a non-Alchemy weapon), Orochi, Swordgun, etc. or probably some Armors, Rings, etc. now too.

Of course, the level of these could be wholly unrelated but the ones that do seem to work perfectly seem to match their item level with the recipe level I believe. I haven't kept track of the ones I did buy and what they unlocked as well as I could have :/

Ah, I see what you mean now. We're closing in on it, and I think we should have it fixed over the weekend, but we still have to test after that, but we'll definitely be fixing it.

scy

Well, that's good to hear. Guess I should stop buying random recipes for the time being then haha.

Also, sheesh, got >1M gold trying to get the Demon Contracts for this quest :/

KiTA

Ah, I see what you mean now. We're closing in on it, and I think we should have it fixed over the weekend, but we still have to test after that, but we'll definitely be fixing it.

If you need a tester for said fix, I have extensive programming and game testing experience. Not quite certain how we'd get the patch onto my PSP, but... ;)

vireland

Well, that's good to hear. Guess I should stop buying random recipes for the time being then haha.

Also, sheesh, got >1M gold trying to get the Demon Contracts for this quest :/

You can craft these. That's what I ended up doing since the Goa Demon battles were too strong at that point in the game for me.

3 Demon Berries = 1 Demon Contract. You can buy the berries at Panini, Crostini, and Particus (and maybe others). Three for sale per location.

vireland

If you need a tester for said fix, I have extensive programming and game testing experience. Not quite certain how we'd get the patch onto my PSP, but... ;)

Yeah, that's the problem. You have to test it on a debug station. Thanks for the offer, though!

scy

You can craft these. That's what I ended up doing since the Goa Demon battles were too strong at that point in the game for me.

3 Demon Berries = 1 Demon Contract. You can buy the berries at Panini, Crostini, and Particus (and maybe others). Three for sale per location.

I figured but the EXP was good. As was the gold. Up to 3M gold now and gained way too many levels.

RedBoot

Speaking of advanced classes, is there any reason not to turn my Bahamun Warrior into a Dragon Knight? If you're in a spellcasting class, it's good to hold off and learn your spells before switching, but Warrior to Dragon Knight seems like a pretty simple upgrade.

garath

Yeah, it'd be nice to get the recipes fixed. I tried to buy a ninja sword recipe but it didn't show up :(

Struggling to equip my team. I'm getting to harder content now but still have naked team members. It would cost my all my gold just to buy a couple of weapons for the back line.

scy

Speaking of advanced classes, is there any reason not to turn my Bahamun Warrior into a Dragon Knight? If you're in a spellcasting class, it's good to hold off and learn your spells before switching, but Warrior to Dragon Knight seems like a pretty simple upgrade.

Warrior gains levels a lot faster so you might as well get some Health to transfer over. Besides that, I can't think of a reason really for Warrior.

Yeah, it'd be nice to get the recipes fixed. I tried to buy a ninja sword recipe but it didn't show up :(

Struggling to equip my team. I'm getting to harder content now but still have naked team members. It would cost my all my gold just to buy a couple of weapons for the back line.

If it's just the base Ninja Sword (e.g., the Level 15 one), it's just 5x Coarse Iron. Most the low level items follow that kind of trend. The level of the item made tells you which tier to use (e.g., Level 1X == Tier 2) and how many (e.g., Level X5 == Needs 5). Determining which material is just trial and error or just figuring it out based on the item (e.g., Sword == Metal == Iron).

It doesn't always work since things may require other components but it's at least a starting point.

cj_iwakura

What's the alchemy equation for a Flask? I have two, but I have no idea how to make a third, shy of breaking down a philosopher's stone apparently.

scy

Flask is a base component isn't it? I don't think you can break it down further. You should be able to buy them at a few cities though.

Edit: Hm ... I wonder if I hit a point of no return.

vireland

Flask is a base component isn't it? I don't think you can break it down further. You should be able to buy them at a few cities though.

Edit: Hm ... I wonder if I hit a point of no return.

There's one in the
"other world"
but I don't remember the name. What quest(s) are you on?

scy

It was
at the start of the other world; just didn't think of checking for the Portal back before wondering if it was a point of no return (until the end-game).

On the bright side, I finally made some of my Level 50 equipment! On the downside, how did I overlook that I already had it done?. This doesn't seem right, should 3x Flower Honey (a base material) really yield the Level 52 Sling ammo?

cj_iwakura

Got to the second academy, may as well switch things up a bit.

Puppeteer or Summoner...
(I'm ditching the fighter.)

vireland

It was
at the start of the other world; just didn't think of checking for the Portal back before wondering if it was a point of no return (until the end-game).

On the bright side, I finally made some of my Level 50 equipment! On the downside, how did I overlook that I already had it done?. This doesn't seem right, should 3x Flower Honey (a base material) really yield the Level 52 Sling ammo?

Is that a recipe or an actual Synthesis? Chart says Flower Honey x 3 should yield Spirit Stone x 1 if synthesized.

Top Bottom