• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

scy

Puppeteer, because Summoner is too strong :x

Is that a recipe or an actual Synthesis? Chart says Flower Honey x 3 should yield Spirit Stone x 1 if synthesized.

That's exactly what it yields. Spirit Stone. Which is the Level 52 Sling Ammo, which should normally be Spirit Feather x 1, Strong Stone x 1, Star Fragment x 1.

Edit: Just to clarify, that recipe works as well. They both yield that item.

scy

But the summoner's prettier!

I don't disagree. Summoner is just like ... really, really strong. I actually don't even know how useful Puppeteer is in the long run.

Edit: So my serious recommendation is Summoner, just noting that they're really good. Like, practically trivializing the game good.

cj_iwakura

Either way, I think I'm keeping the Idol. Her AOE offensive spell is pretty great.

If I put a character out of the team, can I get her back from any school, or only the one I made her at?

vireland

Puppeteer, because Summoner is too strong :x

That's exactly what it yields. Spirit Stone. Which is the Level 52 Sling Ammo, which should normally be Spirit Feather x 1, Strong Stone x 1, Star Fragment x 1.

Edit: Just to clarify, that recipe works as well. They both yield that item.

Yes, that's correct according to the tables (except add a Whetstone x 1 for the Spirit Stone recipe).

vireland

Either way, I think I'm keeping the Idol. Her AOE offensive spell is pretty great.

If I put a character out of the team, can I get her back from any school, or only the one I made her at?

Pretty sure you can drop them off at any school and pick them up again later.

cj_iwakura

Pretty sure you can drop them off at any school and pick them up again later.

Cool.

Note to self: don't take on the cultist quest with a trainee in the team.

Ow.

Question, does respecing allow skills to carry over, i.e. if I make my Idol into a Sage?

scy

Yes, that's correct according to the tables (except add a Whetstone x 1 for the Spirit Stone recipe).

You don't need a Whetstone for it. Or at least, I didn't add one. I just find it weird that you can take 900g (+ the ~27k combine cost) and get one of the best sling ammos in the game. Can raise 30k pretty easily in Witch's Woods to get it. Hell, that would mean you can just use those to Enhance it over and over too instead of needing Star Fragments.Oh, you can't Enhance it.

Then again, I suppose it's only 75-95x1 damage.

Question, does respecing allow skills to carry over, i.e. if I make my Idol into a Sage?

Skills? No. Class change will just retain spells and half your HP/MP.

cj_iwakura

You don't need a Whetstone for it. Or at least, I didn't add one. I just find it weird that you can take 900g (+ the ~27k combine cost) and get one of the best sling ammos in the game. Can raise 30k pretty easily in Witch's Woods to get it. Hell, that would mean you can just use those to Enhance it over and over too instead of needing Star Fragments.

Skills? No. Class change will just retain spells and half your HP/MP.

So if I have a Sage who uses a mic, she can still use Idol songs?

scy

Sages can't use Mics so if that's a requirement for Idol spells then you probably won't be able to use them.

Edit: There's a missing "and" in one the quest lines at the end of the game:
Bit: "You fought one of the four heavenly rulers [and] lived to tell about it. That's a victory!" from Mission: Recapture Mashlenia. Maybe it should be "and lived to talk about it" as well?

Something minor I guess but I just noticed it.

vireland

Sages can't use Mics so if that's a requirement for Idol spells then you probably won't be able to use them.

Edit: There's a missing "and" in one the quest lines at the end of the game:
Bit: "You fought one of the four heavenly rulers [and] lived to tell about it. That's a victory!" from Mission: Recapture Mashlenia. Maybe it should be "and lived to talk about it" as well?

Something minor I guess but I just noticed it.

Definitely a missing word. Thanks.

vireland

You don't need a Whetstone for it. Or at least, I didn't add one. I just find it weird that you can take 900g (+ the ~27k combine cost) and get one of the best sling ammos in the game. Can raise 30k pretty easily in Witch's Woods to get it. Hell, that would mean you can just use those to Enhance it over and over too instead of needing Star Fragments.Oh, you can't Enhance it.

Yeah, it's not too super-awesome, so it's not that crazy you can craft it like that.

(Whetstone is only for enhancing it)

RedBoot

Warrior to Dragon Knight transition went well, other than how she seems to insist on losing a point of Spirit on every level-up now.

Also, something I discovered: pressing Triangle on a character's status screen lets you swap out their portrait for any other one that character can use. So if you hate the looks of a class, switch it out!

RedBoot

Ugh, that last area in Road to the Ruins...
Anti-Magic Tile + Deep Tile? So glad I have a Gnome in my party, otherwise that would have been a full party wipe. I'm also glad the exit was nearby, so that said Gnome did not get murdered during the mad dash to safety.

vireland

Ugh, that last area in Road to the Ruins...
Anti-Magic Tile + Deep Tile? So glad I have a Gnome in my party, otherwise that would have been a full party wipe. I'm also glad the exit was nearby, so that said Gnome did not get murdered during the mad dash to safety.

There are only a couple areas like that, but it can be shocking if you're unprepared. I ended up giving my whole party stilts to prevent surprises like that. I'm sure they looked moronic traipsing through the world in stilts, but at least they were alive. :)

scy

Angel Cuffs to the rescue. Only problem being that I can never replace them with anything that isn't +Floating.

KiTA

Would a recipe faq work to fix the current problem with alchemy or is it a case where the recipes literally don't work even if you put in the right ones by hand?

Almost done with the
Dragon Orb
leg of the game.

While I plan on waiting until I complete this game, I think I'm going to dive into Elminage next.

Anything especially worrying about the UFO localization? I'm aware it's rushed (and the translation is balls) but I'm speaking more in terms of potential game-killing bugs.

KiTA

Almost done with the
Dragon Orb
leg of the game.

While I plan on waiting until I complete this game, I think I'm going to dive into Elminage next.

Anything especially worrying about the UFO localization? I'm aware it's rushed (and the translation is balls) but I'm speaking more in terms of potential game-killing bugs.

The story translation is fine. The SYSTEM translation isn't.

As far as I can tell the UFO team did the story, and the original Japanese team did the System translation -- menus and all -- by literally pushing the text through Google or BizLingo Translate.

There's no real game breaking bugs, the most severe thing I can think of is the alchemy menu has a text offset bug that makes it nearly impossible to read. That is something you can work around, however.

cj_iwakura

The story translation is fine. The SYSTEM translation isn't.

As far as I can tell the UFO team did the story, and the original Japanese team did the System translation -- menus and all -- by literally pushing the text through Google or BizLingo Translate.

There's no real game breaking bugs, the most severe thing I can think of is the alchemy menu has a text offset bug that makes it nearly impossible to read. That is something you can work around, however.

Pretty much.

As I've said, I think Elminage is a fantastic game, but it didn't get a fraction of the TLC CoH2 did.

The monster art is great, wide variety of dungeons, also good ambient music(you will love the forest track).

I think the character portraits are comparatively ugly, but hey, that's why there's custom portraits!

vireland

Would a recipe faq work to fix the current problem with alchemy or is it a case where the recipes literally don't work even if you put in the right ones by hand?

Recipe FAQ would work. I haven't heard of any actual alchemy that doesn't work, it's just the recipe pointers that are inconsistent, AFIAK. But...there are ~500 recipes.

garath

Yay. Ready to turn my sorcerer into a sage. Any level I should get to before doing so? She's level 7 right now. Just learned health shot.

I also found out my celestial sorc can't become anything else. Whoops. I can make a summoner straight up. Should I do that or make her a sorc first and level her up a bit before changing to a summoner?

scy

Yay. Ready to turn my sorcerer into a sage. Any level I should get to before doing so? She's level 7 right now. Just learned health shot.

Sage gets the same spells but earlier (and then more on top later). Not much reason to level as a Sorc besides to get some extra levels for some bonus HP/MP since Sage takes awhile to level.

I also found out my celestial sorc can't become anything else. Whoops. I can make a summoner straight up. Should I do that or make her a sorc first and level her up a bit before changing to a summoner?

Samurai and Fallen Angel could both use the spells as far as Celestians are concerned. But, if you're going the Elf Summoner route, you will most likely want to level as a Sorcerer until Level 22 to get all their spells. Summoners only learn their summons so it gives them something to do besides attack a lot with Whips/Harps.

garath

Sage gets the same spells but earlier (and then more on top later). Not much reason to level as a Sorc besides to get some extra levels for some bonus HP/MP since Sage takes awhile to level.

Samurai and Fallen Angel could both use the spells as far as Celestians are concerned. But, if you're going the Elf Summoner route, you will most likely want to level as a Sorcerer until Level 22 to get all their spells. Summoners only learn their summons so it gives them something to do besides attack a lot with Whips/Harps.

Awesome. Thanks. Making the sage immediately then. And I'll make my elf a sorc for now. Summoner later.

I originally planned on making my celestial a fallen angel but I fucked up and didn't pay attention to the str requirement and she only has 9 str. Never going to get enough to change her. Boring to just have a plain sorc. So onward to summoner.

scy

It's more the fact it's one of the last quests in the game and it gives less gold than an average fight (maybe two fights?). I just find the lackluster quest rewards pretty funny. Especially when I'm sitting on 3M something gold.

On pace to hopefully beat the main game tonight. Depending on how long the final dungeon is.

vireland

It's more the fact it's one of the last quests in the game and it gives less gold than an average fight (maybe two fights?). I just find the lackluster quest rewards pretty funny. Especially when I'm sitting on 3M something gold.

On pace to hopefully beat the main game tonight. Depending on how long the final dungeon is.

Yeah, the "rewards" are almost an afterthought compared to what you have to go through to get them. I personally think it's a developer joke.

Let me know what you think after the main game final battle. I really liked
the back and forth of how the battle at the top of the Tower plays out.

scy

Yeah, the "rewards" are almost an afterthought compared to what you have to go through to get them. I personally think it's a developer joke.

Probably. EO did this for the first few games too so it's not that big of a deal. Just kind of funny.

Let me know what you think after the main game final battle. I really liked
the back and forth of how the battle at the top of the Tower of God plays out.

Will do. Finishing up the full mapping of one area and then going to it. Why must I want 100% maps...

scy

I did use a code to cheat.

Summoner :(

Now to debate changing my Gnome Alchemist for a Human Gunner or something else. I mean, it probably doesn't matter at all but I'd rather have a Human Gunner | Ninja instead of a Gnome Ranger I think? I dunno how the weapons compare I guess. Still, seems like an odd reason to do a swap.

I'm just tired of failing chest Disarms okay.

KiTA

Recipe FAQ would work. I haven't heard of any actual alchemy that doesn't work, it's just the recipe pointers that are inconsistent, AFIAK. But...there are ~500 recipes.

I don't suppose you could sneak us a spreadsheet with say, the Japanese names for items on one side, and the localized version on the other side? Could do a mass find/replace of the Wiki's Alchemy list that way.

garath

Damn. I can't beat the living gem. If I somehow manage to get through the golden dragon things without losing any party members, the gem itself still eventually kills me off. It heals for 68 per turn. Rather annoying. I guess I need to grind some more :(

The difficulty is strange in this game. I'll wipe out everything just with autos but then I'll hit a group that is a guaranteed wipe.

Maybe I need to spend more money/alchemy on armor. I hate guessing the recipes though :( and my sage still doesn't have teleport.

vireland

Damn. I can't beat the living gem. If I somehow manage to get through the golden dragon things without losing any party members, the gem itself still eventually kills me off. It heals for 68 per turn. Rather annoying. I guess I need to grind some more :(

The difficulty is strange in this game. I'll wipe out everything just with autos but then I'll hit a group that is a guaranteed wipe.

Maybe I need to spend more money/alchemy on armor. I hate guessing the recipes though :( and my sage still doesn't have teleport.

They throw out a range of monster types, so if you get used to melee attacks, you'll hit a monster group that is immune to them and only magic attacks work. Or you'll get hit with a group that is only weak to a specific alignment of magic (water, earth, etc). Keeps you on your toes.

vireland

I don't suppose you could sneak us a spreadsheet with say, the Japanese names for items on one side, and the localized version on the other side? Could do a mass find/replace of the Wiki's Alchemy list that way.

We're working on a FAQ for this right now.

cj_iwakura

My tank trio and sorceress put a hurt on it. Maybe my idol helped too.

But yeah, bosses in this game don't play around.

Ephidel

I haven't had much chance to play yet, and have been enjoying it so far, but I really wish some of the narration was a little more neutral(?) in some cases.
I've just arrived at Panini and maybe I'm being overly touchy but being confronted with statements like "this cold blooded skank" just makes me feel uncomfortable. And as it's being implied that's what my characters think of her, it also implies that they're all collossal jerks :|

vireland

Here's the Japanese wiki page if you want to copy/paste + search/replace Japanese for English names:

http://pokowiki.com/totomono2/index.php?%CF%A3%B6%E2

Here's a similar page, but sorted by level requirements:
http://pokowiki.com/totomono/index.php?%A5%EC%A5%D9%A5%EB%CA%CC%CF%A3%B6%E2%C9%BD

I made a script to pull it out of the tables we have, so the Japanese one isn't necessary. The only thing that's kind of janky is that once the Alchemy Recipe patch is out, some of these will change because the names of a handful of items were changed to better match up their broken and regular versions, but it just means everyone will need to update to the patched version.

EDIT:Alchemy recipes are up (not including the rebirth ones)

cj_iwakura

Wyvern Summoner oh thank god.

I'll be disappointed if she doesn't look like this.
gr5.png

garath

My tank trio and sorceress put a hurt on it. Maybe my idol helped too.

But yeah, bosses in this game don't play around.

Unfortunately my sorc only seems to do about 33 damage to it. Maybe I need higher level spells. Im sure my monk needs a better weapon than just the basic knuckles. Money is getting easier though now that I've been grinding in the desert a bit. I will do a mass re-equip if I can't beat it soon. I just don't want to walk all the way back to it from the academy :(

vireland

Unfortunately my sorc only seems to do about 33 damage to it. Maybe I need higher level spells. Im sure my monk needs a better weapon than just the basic knuckles. Money is getting easier though now that I've been grinding in the desert a bit. I will do a mass re-equip if I can't beat it soon. I just don't want to walk all the way back to it from the academy :(

Same damage with all types of magic? Do you have Glare yet?

scy

I was hoping the post-game dungeon would be a bit harder. Maybe it's just because it was the first, I guess.

scy

"What can you do in the face of a god?"

Dance Rapture.

Anyway, beat the post-game stuff!

Complete Quests: 100%
Conquest Rate: 99.99% (?!)
Achievement Rate: ...21.43%.

...damn it.

Edit: So seems that due to a bug, I can't get 100% Map Completion? That's rather ... disappointing.

Top Bottom