• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk Walks Out of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

All this horrible thing wouldn't happen if Shane stayed here with us, taking the torch from his father.

Damn you Shane, you give in a silver plate the work of a lifetime to the inferior McMahon!!!

Didn't Stephanie outmaneuver him? He left when it became obvious it would be her and Triple H running the company after Vince and not him.

Ithil

Punk isn't going to any other wrestling company. He'll find something new to do. Sports games, his martial arts stuff, appearances in other shows, etc.

I'm sure he'd view going back to somewhere like ROH as a step backwards, and he's heavily goal orientated.

kirblar

Everyone knows the TNA money's likely about to dry up. There's no good reason to go there unless you just need the short-term payday.

Aiii

So not worth it
What were TNA's biggest failings? They seemed to have solid momentum 2-3 years ago. What was their fatal mistake?

Hogan-Bischoff.jpg

Punk isn't going to any other wrestling company. He'll find something new to do. Sports games, his martial arts stuff, appearances in other shows, etc.

I'm sure he'd view going back to somewhere like ROH as a step backwards, and he's heavily goal orientated.

He's never worked for a top company in Japan and he's never wrestled at Sumo Hall or the Tokyo Dome - there's a couple of goals to aspire to.

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs CM Punk at Wrestle Kingdom 9!!!

Parch

I think there's a decline in wrestling popularity overall, it just shows more with TNA.

WWE is still strong and not going anywhere, but the glory years of wrestling are history.

Zen

Banned
WWE-wise, Jeff returned twice after his first departure, Matt once after being fired during the whole Lita thing.

Lita thing?

Spending lots of money with nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

Yeah, they were great when they were investing in and building their own talent (the 6 sides ring etc), but they turned into a revolving door for has beens and high money appearances from people who were no longer draws. WCW 2.0.

Was it because all of their best talent was being paoched by the WWE? What happened there?

Ithil

This happened in like 2005. I'm surprised you didn't know about it.
Lita was with Matt Hardy for years, then she had an affair with Edge, it became public knowledge when Hardy found out, Hardy was fired for his outbursts.
Later they rehired Hardy and turned it into an angle with Edge vs Hardy, and Lita as Edge's valet, until she retired in 2006.

Gannd

Banned
doubt their going to hold him off now with the departure of CM PUNK not to mention Undertaker & sting are aging it would be a dumb move

You give them a year to build the match. Undertaker has to be almost done. I don't know if Sting would be okay with losing to the Undertaker in his final match. Undertaker will (and should) never lose at WM because the streak is his legacy.

You give them a year to build the match. Undertaker has to be almost done. I don't know if Sting would be okay with losing to the Undertaker in his final match. Undertaker will (and should) never lose at WM because the streak is his legacy.
Taker will never lose a WM match unless Taker himself wants to lose.

Parch

1) Trying to compete with WWE on a fraction of the budget
2) Acting like they could
Wasn't part of the appeal of TNA less travel? Guys would take less to have a more stable home life.

That and the WWE didn't want them anymore.

If TNA starts paying peanuts or fails to exist, you bet the WWE won't be giving out big contracts. Wrestling is on the decline, and so will the TV contracts and paychecks.

Gorillaz

Taker will never lose a WM match unless Taker himself wants to lose.

I can see them feed him someone that can take the hit for being the last victim. Orton has already done it before and so has HHH. Cena and his 'suck up to greatness' ass would be the ideal choice

Nelo Ice

Banned
Can't say I blame him. His pipe bomb changed nothing and it didn't make him the legend he should be. Wrestlemania and the raw after will be amazing for all the wrong reasons. Crowd is going to be Pitt RR levels on steroids.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Can't say I blame him. His pipe bomb changed nothing and it didn't make him the legend he should be. Wrestlemania and the raw after will be amazing for all the wrong reasons. Crowd is going to be Pitt RR levels on steroids.
The point of the "pipe bomb" wasn't to change anything. It was to get Punk a nice contract with all the perks, and he got that. Punk even said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom