• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNBC: President Donald Trump's approval rating has hit a new low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Gallup's tracking is volatile.

But that obviously is not a pretty trend. 40 or below and virtually nothing has happened in the world since he took office. And our economy is humming (for the time being).

This is how he does in easy mode.

Yep. He's losing approval while the economy is still moving well and we haven't faced any disasters (though his executive orders are horrid for a part of the pop). If his policies tank the economy (which is certainly a possibility) we'll see how low it can go.

tf9YTN2.png
9RKukdU.png

haha

This is problematic. It's voters not just losing faith in Trump and the party in power, it's voters losing faith in the entire system, regardless of political responsibility. As I predicted, this administration is already having terrible effects on the nation's psyche and I fear someone even worse may pop up to pander to these still existent and worsening populist fears.

Edit: wait nvm why the hell is there a 3 year gap in these numbers?

Mahonay

Banned
As people pointed out, these historically low approval ratings are while the country is not experiencing a major crisis (other than Trump himself) and things are going relatively well...for now. What are these polls going to look like when they see Trump try to handle an actual emergency.

Ac30

There was never any chance of that not happening.

True, but he *did* campaign on making it better. People bought the lie.

I think a full repeal with the bare minimum of stuff would have had less blowback.

I don't think so, the ACA is popular, Obummer is not. Republicans getting the public to conflate the two was a genius move. People love the fact insurers can't deny coverage and that there are no more lifetime caps.

Ponn

Banned
All he's accomplished so far is to help the rich, satisfy the racists with travel bans and play lots of golf on taxpayer dime. What exactly is there to like?

This is problematic. It's voters not just losing faith in Trump and the party in power, it's voters losing faith in the entire system, regardless of political responsibility. As I predicted, this administration is already having terrible effects on the nation's psyche and I fear someone even worse may pop up to pander to these still existent and worsening populist fears.

I didn't copy the bottom of the second page. There was a page break.

If it's any consolation, no president has had their numbers this low this early on into their first term.

I was about to say this. I mean, yeah, I know it still feels high, but for a President that's not even a year into his term and for it to have already dropped this low in an environment that is as polarized politically as it's been in decades at the very least? Sad.

Ogodei

First 100 days, too. A normal president would have literally double this number by now unless half the country was on fire.

Saying, "I told you so," has gotten really freaking old and it hasn't even been three months. The shit that pisses me off are the people saying, "how could we have known he'd be this bad?", or the ones that disapprove but would still vote for him again. Idiots.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Saying, "I told you so," has gotten really freaking old and it hasn't even been three months. The shit that pisses me off are the people saying, "how could we have known he'd be this bad?", or the ones that disapprove but would still vote for him again. Idiots.
No, the most frustrating are the people that think he's done a great job so far. I just stare at them in disbelief.

gcubed

True, but he *did* campaign on making it better. People bought the lie.

I don't think so, the ACA is popular, Obummer is not. Republicans getting the public to conflate the two was a genius move. People love the fact insurers can't deny coverage and that there are no more lifetime caps.

They made no one happy with the plan. A full repeal and bullshit like HSA changes and plans across state lines would have at least kept the base involved. It's now just a free for all of stupidity that no one asked for

Nightbird

Wonder what it will take to get him into the South Korean President approval rating low

Nothing.

At this point i feel like he could personally rape family members of every single household in america, and his approval ratings would still probably only be half of what it is right now. (Sorry for the extreme example)

We're talking about a guy that basically openly admitted that he'll shit in everyones faces, and half a country braced themselves for it with smiles on their faces just because they got a greater pleasure in knowing "Libtards" would also face this.

This is also why he will never be universally as bad president until in maybe 50 years.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Aren't these the same polls that said Hillary would win?

Polls overall were not wildly inaccurate. In fact they were very very accurate. Trump won with a systematic error on the models which did not account for enough uncertainty in undecided and unlikely voters.

Polls are just polls. It's the models that were wrong.

Trickster

The sad part about that is how easily he would be able to rise a lot in the approval ratings. People have been conditioned to the bar being set so obscenely low.

120v

Obama was at 63 at this point in his presidency and never got as low as 37.

it was in the 30s in fall of 2011 (don't remember if it was low as 37 exactly)... many were certain he was a 1 termer

not that that has any bearing here though. unless it's an outlier g'bye mr. drumpf

evanmisha

Recording of him saying he owes Russia money or that he's a pedophile

Wish there was a GIF of that early South Park quote where that audience member from Jesus' talk show says, "Maybe he did touch some children now and then, but come on! It's Michael Jackson! Michael Jackson!" and the audience applauds.

Instead, I'll have to go with this one.

200_s.gif

Bishman

If his approval ratings drop even further after this upcoming week with the Russia investigation and the house voting for Trumpcare... then it's really over as we head into the summer.

Bush had 25% and it didnt hurt him

OR trump may just beat the "system is corrupt " drum and introduce dictatorship.

Than approval ratings will be 99%

Ac30

They made no one happy with the plan. A full repeal and bullshit like HSA changes and plans across state lines would have at least kept the base involved. It's now just a free for all of stupidity that no one asked for

I suppose, but the free for all of stupid may yet save the ACA, so I'm thrilled that my American brothers and sisters aren't about to get massively fucked over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom