• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Flunkie

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
All the maps are quite good except for Nuketown, which is horrible!

I'm already looking forward to any new DLC.
I love the theme of Nuketown, but it's just too damn small!

glaurung

I don't get where the fanboy hate against the PS3 version comes from. Played last night online till I hit level 11 and there were no issues. The game looks great, runs great, I noticed no framerate hits, good sound.

Domination for life!

Okay, it's official: the campaign is garbage (maybe not story-wise, don't really care anymore). It probably has the worst case of respawning enemies since Call of Duty 2. I'm stuck on the fourth level because of this awful, awful setpiece that just screams amateurism. How? It's not designed for difficulty scaling at all.
This particular setpiece I'm stuck on REQUIRES you to push forward every handful of enemies in order to stop them from respawning. As you can probably imagine, this is an absolute bitch of a feat to accomplish on Veteran, because you have to advance, hide, and shoot all at the same time, while your teammates do absolutely nothing to help. Then there's the fact that since the resolution has been degraded, it can be pretty hard to spot enemies in the distance because they practically blur into their surroundings. If it wasn't for autoaim snap and muzzle flash I'd probably not even be able to see some of these enemies.

Sigh... Treyarch is lucky the MP is pretty good, otherwise I'd be really pissed off I spent $60 on this. Either way, I'm pretty sure this is the first and last Treyarch will ever see of my money. Not that it'd make a difference, of course. :lol But yeah, fuck them.

Erasus

Not even an official comment on the site about the lag and stuttering on pc, just Activision reps saying that they are "looking into it".

@quidxrazer unfortunately we can't comment on content that hasn't released. We definitely looking in to it though.

http://twitter.com/#!/ATVI_Mikey

@bmxiao We're absolutely looking into it right now, so that you know. We've been collecting info, dxdiags and stuff all day.

http://twitter.com/#!/ATVI_Amber

It stutters the same on all high 1080p as on 800x600 all low. Several people are reporting GPU usage at about 30% and CPU at 100% all the time, even in menus!

Insane that this got through testing, if they had a 1 week open beta this would be caught easily given how widespread it is...

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Concept17 said:
Stupid question, but for anyone who bought the retail PC version...is it hassle free getting it properly associated with steam?

I thought you NEED steam to play it, so no I don't think it'll be too big of a hassle :lol

Erasus

Concept17 said:
Stupid question, but for anyone who bought the retail PC version...is it hassle free getting it properly associated with steam?

I got the D2D version. Just run setup exe and it will just go in steam and install it.

I'm level 13 now but am still rocking the default assault kit. I'm doing okay but it takes way too many bullets to kill. I'm just afraid of wasting my points. Any pointers on what ARs look good at this point? Help me GAF.

Nabs

Concept17 said:
super easy. i popped the disc in and hit install. it launched steam and then a window popped up asking if i'd like to install. took about 15 minutes to copy 7gb.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
TestMonkey said:
I'm level 13 now but am still rocking the default assault kit. I'm doing okay but it takes way too many bullets to kill. I'm just afraid of wasting my points. Any pointers on what ARs look good at this point? Help me GAF.

Don't really be afraid of "wasting" your points. I'm lvl 28 now, you get the points so fast it wont take many games to get back what you spend.

FAMAS, Galil and Aug are my favorite assault rifles.

Enfield is pretty good if you can't get those yet.

beast786

TestMonkey said:

You must not be playing a COD game. :lol

operon

Absolutely love the game, got it at the midnight launch, took 50 mins to get it stayed up all night playing got to lvl 16. maps are great detail superb

What's up with the empty slots in the level select-screen for Zombie Mode?
Future DLC? Unlockable levels? Old levels that I don't have because I bought the regular edition (39 euros)?

beast786 said:
You must not be playing a COD game. :lol

Well comparatively. I'm using the default assault rifle and I need to get a solid burst or 2 to kill while I see kill cams of people just brushing over their targets with other weapons.

AmericanNinja said:
Dont know why all the nuketown hate. I think it's an awesome map. :D

It's just really small and the spawns don't always work the best.

magicaltrevor said:
What's up with the empty slots in the level select-screen for Zombie Mode?
Future DLC? Unlockable levels? Old levels that I don't have because I bought the regular edition (39 euros)?

Unlockable levels.

Anyway to squad up on the PC version so I am not being thrown on the other team when playing with my friend? Can't switch teams on the ranked dedis I have been playing on either.

Also, where's the WaW Zombie maps? It's bullshit they don't offer a hardened edition (PC), or include the maps period, or at a separate cost or anything.

Adamm

Im not sure i really like the new unlock system. I feel like i have everything i want already & im only level 17.
I could quite happily continue on without spending anymore money.

I just need to unlock my 3 pro perks & im set for life :D

eek5

crawful.png

rofl.. up down up down up down up down :/ at least i'm consistently inconsistent!

Sanjay

Vigilant Walrus said:
on pc, is there any servers with more than 32 players like in COD4?(40-50 player servers?)

Is there any servers with 32 players is what I want to know. 18, seems to be what most people are playing on.

If my postman doesn't come in the next 10 minutes I think I'm gonna have to cut something :lol

Gameplay on YouTube just doesn't cut it anymore, I need to play this game.

eek5

Neverender said:
It's just really small and the spawns don't always work the best
The size doesn't bother me as much as the spawns on that map.. it's just bizarre when it decides to do a spawn switch although I guess sometimes there isn't enough space to put people.

thechemist

Really enjoying the mp in this game atm!

Zombies is alot harder now, any tips for those dogs?

Also guys what is your favourite gun in the mp? I'am liking the MP5.

So far mp has been pretty good. I'm not liking the spawn placement as enemies respawn behind me often. The majority of the maps seem a bit small too. The customization and stats are awesome so that will keep me hooked for a bit.

Kyoufu

coolcole93 said:
If my postman doesn't come in the next 10 minutes I think I'm gonna have to cut something :lol

Gameplay on YouTube just doesn't cut it anymore, I need to play this game.

Same here. Tesco failed me. I can't wait to get owned by dolphin diving proners.

SUPARSTARX

Alright, this thing stutters a little bit on my PC. It's time for an upgrade.

Picked up AMD X4 965, new motherboard, 4gb G.Skill ddr 1600, and a fat Gigabyte 460 @ 1GB.

See you soldiers in the trenches in two days.

Kyoufu said:
Same here. Tesco failed me. I can't wait to get owned by dolphin diving proners.

Do you mean failed you yesterday or failed you today as well? I ordered with Tesco Entertainment too..if it doesn't come today I'm just gonna buy another copy and sell the spare in three weeks when it actually comes :p

Top Bottom