• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

corkscrewblow said:
Very true, but this happened just as much in MW2 so it's just a problem with shitty P2P.

It's far worse in this game and obviously so. Why? Cause this game lags to keep up with the action. The more they keep pushing the barrier in terms of performance with this game the more lag you're gonna get. Treyarch shoulda got the hint that their code wasn't optimal when they had to start implementing a loading screen in places that COD on consoles never needed before.

I have spent soo many cod points on trying out different shapes to use the for the sights. Think I've almost settled on one and green is the best color I've found.

EDIT - also how come when I want to GIVE away care packages (last challenge section I need done for hardline pro) the only people there to take them are the opposing team? MW2 almost wished I could shoot my own team for so blatantly trying to take your care packages but this? No one seems to try except for the bad guys.

PusherT

Holy crap I didn't know you can use "Hardline pro" to switch up alll kill streaks in creates like the sam turrent and turrent. Pretty cool perk update:D

-viper-

Banned
Black Ops looks like shit.

Quake 3 called. They want their engines back.

It's almost 2011 and they're still using an engine produced a decade ago. Get with the fucking times Treyarch/Activision.

Heck, even MW2 looks better in almost every department (yes, I'm aware it's Q3 based but at least they did a lot more work to it). Visually, Black Ops looks like a massive step down.

Couple other observations. Not so sure I'm feeling the claymores in this anymore, I don't really ever feel like moving it much and only one per life kind of sucks. Also, the nerve gas or whatever that stuff is that damages over time is kinda weak also, flashbangs still seem like the best tactical grenade.

Flek

Banned
zero margin said:
I have spent soo many cod points on trying out different shapes to use the for the sights. Think I've almost settled on one and green is the best color I've found.

EDIT - also how come when I want to GIVE away care packages (last challenge section I need done for hardline pro) the only people there to take them are the opposing team? MW2 almost wished I could shoot my own team for so blatantly trying to take your care packages but this? No one seems to try except for the bad guys.

hmm i always try to take my teamates care packages :lol

I decided "Fuck it" and went and bought the game from Wal-Mart. My copy from Amazon is still on the way, but I doubt it'll be here till next week, so I decided to give that copy to my friend for a Christmas gift.

I've played a few hours of the SP. So fucking cool. I got the PS3 version, but I didn't notice any real bad stuff (with one exception, after calling for air support and reloading my weapon, the game stuttered and showed like... 4 frames in three seconds. That was so bizarre. But one time only thus far). The storyline is really cool, I'm digging it. I like all the VA, even Worthington's strange Australian/American voice :lol

The Prison Break level was so cool. Oh, and I totally called that
"Castro being a double thing" when I heard about it.
I feel pretty vindicated. Gonna keep playing the SP later, I wanna sort of stretch it out.

But I'm really liking it. Best SP from a CoD game yet. I appreciate the tighter story and speaking protagonist.

-viper-

Banned
BrassMonkey1010 said:
wow, is this game like ridiculously ugly or is it just me. Playing on 360.
yeah it's ugly. even on the PC it looks bad. probably the worst looking big budget title released all year.

Flek said:
hmm i always try to take my teamates care packages :lol

:lol Probably just that game I was playing.

EDIT - another observation, ninja does not seem like a very helpful perk this time around. Might have to try steady aim since in panic moments I just hip fire anyway.

EDIT 2 - steady aim is tier 2 perk this time, disregard.

CoLaN

People on the steam forums are reporting about Ranks rolling back randomly.

There is no way i'm going to buy this game in its current state.

dfgig6.jpg

In the middle of a mission, and this pops up. Hitting A returned me to the title screen.

TOO MANY BONES:lol :lol :lol :lol

):

Repgnar

X26 said:
liking custom icons, but I wish they let you save them so you can have a couple custom ones to switch between

my current creation:

Definantly a cool addition. They said you get to keep em when you prestige right, so does that mean whatever we buy layer/emblem wise will always be there? Here's mine:

34rh9np.jpg

Rich!

Pookaki said:
dfgig6.jpg

In the middle of a mission, and this pops up. Hitting A returned me to the title screen.

TOO MANY BONES:lol :lol :lol :lol

):

Playing on PC with 360 controller? If not then that's absolutely hilarious, asking you to check the console for details on an xbox 360. :lol

richisawesome said:
Playing on PC with 360 controller? If not then that's absolutely hilarious, asking you to check the console for details on an xbox 360. :lol
360 Version. I captured a video of what it did after press A. sadly I was not capturing up untill this point.

KaYotiX

Banned
Game is great so far, I'm enjoying it alot. Not perfect but I enjoy it more than MW2. Not sure why ppl say it's ugly either, looks fine, sure it's not as pretty as MW2 but it's close enough IMO.

kuYuri

LeMaximilian said:
I hate the shit out of SSF4, but I play it cause everyone plays it. The Xbox community is like that, I'll play what's popular generally. I'm enjoying BO a lot more now that I understand it. Things like respawning are now actually getting me more kills than killed since I expect mofos to pop behind me.

Otherwise, fuck the RC-XD. Thing was designed to take me out every time I'm about to get a Chopper Gunner.

And for those curious my class loadout for my 2nd prestige...

Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Hacker

Galil/Supressor and Stingers

Yeah, I'm rocking the "Triple H" setup (stupid name due to the three perks, lol)

Enfield w/ Suppressor or Ext. Mags, whichever I feel like using
Python w/ Speed Reloader
Frag/Concussion/Motion Sensor
Hardline
Hardened
Hacker

I'm still trying to figure out what Assault Rifle I want to use, but I can see myself using these perks the most, with a few modifications here and there based on game mode.

One thing that annoys me that I noticed is that the typical assault rifle class that I create I always renamed "Assault", but Black Ops is the first CoD game since CoD4 that won't let me use it because the word "ass" is in the name. -_-;

Also, I'm starting to understand what you meant by seeming to get the drop on someone in a gun fight and still losing. It's happened to me way more in this compared to past games. Maybe it's all the server load.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI the 360 player counts aren't accurate. I posted this several pages ago but it got bottom page'd and no one noticed.

Last fall MS announced that the record for concurrent users on ALL of XBL had surpassed 2M. So there is no way Blops alone has 1.5x the number of concurrent users that ALL of XBL had when MW2 dropped.

I don't really know what the Blops figure IS supposed to represent, though. Probably players online in a specific period (a few hours maybe?).

I've just had a really wierd problem on 360:

The game just started running at between 10-30 fps for no good reason at all when playing in multiplayer. The stutters seemed to occur in exact unison with the disc whirring in the drive. Very odd.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
BrassMonkey1010 said:
wow, is this game like ridiculously ugly or is it just me. Playing on 360.

Haven't played the single player, but yes it does look somewhat worse than MW2 & even WAW.
Which is impossible to comprehend as it's the same god damn engine they been using for years with sub HD rez on the consoles & they can't make ANY improvements AT ALL?

richisawesome said:
Physical thingthatsunderyourTV console or commandline console? I took it as to mean the PC Console.

No, I'm mistaken by what you meant. You're right, but I guess you don't know how Console errors can get kicked back through a dev kit and dev kit consoles have command line consoles just like a pc console.

Obviously, this kind of error is not one meant to be seen by a player but by a tester. Tester finds bug. Tester duplicates and finds info through console and kicks that back to the programmer.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Has Treyarch said anything about having online stats tracking like they did with WOW? I think that's the one thing Bungie has always outclassed COD at.

Dresden

The single player is shit. Yeah, COD single player, set pieces-dumb enemies-blah blah blah, but it feels even worse now. Halo, FEAR, even the original Half Life had better AI than this. This is DOOM shit.

Weenerz

Banned
PC versions looks fine me to, everything on extram 1680x1050 res. When I get home, I'll take a screenshot or two to compare, but it looks pretty good for a 10 year old engine.

TheExodu5

Banned
Weenerz said:
PC versions looks fine me to, everything on extram 1680x1050 res. When I get home, I'll take a screenshot or two to compare, but it looks pretty good for a 10 year old engine.

It's really not a 10 year old engine.

Might as well call the Source engine 13 years old while you're at it.

Keikaku

FTWer said:
Halo had flat out the best A.I. up to that point period in any FPS.
It's still better than most games today.

Not to derail but I would argue that, while Halo's AI was pretty good, Half Life's was much better.

Smokey said:
He's a troll ignore him. More importantly wtf happened in the SP I am so confused:lol
And now it looks like the Assassin's Creed comparisons are warranted :lol

Don't spoil it for me, I'm still working my way through it.

NullPointer said:
I see you've never played Halo.
All of them actually. Any game that requires you to turn it up to the hardest difficulty just to see the AI do something other than run in circles has bad AI, IMO. Then again, I'm a troll and the people coming in here shitting all over this game are not. #differentstrokes

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
No, it's like a red dot sight but instead of a red dot, it has a holographic blue glow.
Which attachement is this? Is it the infrared scope?
You can change the color of your reticles later on if that's what you mean.

Top Bottom