• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

The M.O.B

Yeah, im quitting on the PC version for now, completely broken online.

$60 bucks for this crap???

Seriously, I bought the game for MP, not for the mediocre SP campaign. If I wanted a decent SP then I would have gotten something else. :/

Mik2121

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I don't see many snipers in this one.

But I've been using it and it's not bad.

But any reason why there aren't many snipers?
Because most snipers were actually just quick-scope guys, and quick scope has been massively nerfed, which is just great.

Mik2121 said:
Because most snipers were actually just quick-scope guys, and quick scope has been massively nerfed, which is just great.
What does it mean by quick-scope?

I guess I don't really know what it is even though I've been playing CoD for a long time! :lol

kitch9

Banned
njean777 said:
doesnt steam have a party feature?

Yes, yes it does and it takes the PISS out of Live.....

You have friends, groups, parties and much more...... I get invited to join competitions daily.

You can schedule games with your friends in steam and then everybody will get a reminder near the time if they are logged in.

Its the shit........

Xux

Man, being able to vote to play the previous map over is probably the single worst design decision ever.

I am pretty happy to see that the Spy Plane clicker is the same speed with every weapon, though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TheOddOne said:
While Black Ops has a pretty good campaign, there are no really big set piece moments like previous COD's.

Even with the fucked up storyline of MW2, the worst levels of that are still better then BO's.

The favela level in MW2 was one of the worst I've ever played in an FPS.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dwebo said:
What the fuck? I kept dying at this one section towards the end of Ch. 4 on Veteran so I turn off the console to take a break. Come back, resume campaign and it starts me back at the beginning of Ch. 3!

It only saves your progress if you do save/quit? What is this, 1995?

Goddamn, took me so long to get that far in Ch. 4 too. :lol

Its a good thing I beat it without ever turning my PS3 off.

adelante

Xux said:
Man, being able to vote to play the previous map over is probably the single worst design decision ever.

This I don't get either...are there that many people out there who wants what's basically a rematch option to warrant its inclusion?

adelante said:
This I don't get either...are there that many people out there who wants what's basically a rematch option to warrant its inclusion?

Apparently so. I just played three Mercenary Team Deathmatches on Nuketown in a row.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I don't see many snipers in this one.

But I've been using it and it's not bad.

But any reason why there aren't many snipers?
Completely agree, I didn't use a sniper until I hit level 20 because of the crying everyone did about how useless they were. To me surprise they were the best they've been in any CoD game.

dope4goldrope said:
Completely agree, I didn't use a sniper until I hit level 20 because of the crying everyone did about how useless they were. To me surprise they were the best they've been in any CoD game.
Yeah, I'm doing pretty well with snipers. Got a lot of head shots, satisfying kills, and having a blast.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Maybe I'm in the minority, but this feels like a Typical Treyarch Call of Duty....

How did this get the priase for the single player game? I've always judged COD games on how they play in Veteran, every Infinity Ward Developed game has been hard but you never felt you were up against cheating game design, for instance you could take things slow in MW 1 & 2, and the enemy seemed to have some kind of fear for their lives, as they would duck behind cover and RELOAD - does the enemy ever reload in this game?

Most levels feel the same, walk into a room and the enemy stand in line firing an endless supply of bullets, this game doesn't feel much about skill more about running to invisible check points to stop enemy's spawning.

I want a challenge but on the harder difficulties this is ridiculous, Treyarch don't seem to know how to make a game challenging without being cheap, there's no intelligence here.

Black Ops & Covert Ops - My A'se! for example, there's a level, you go to great lengths to get into the building without being detected, so why as soon as you get in there GO LOUD? why not stay Covert? It's like they want the loudest COD with the highest bullet count.

And Squad AI, can they not see the enemy when standing next to them?, or when they run passed them?

Mik2121

Could anyone help me getting my replays on Youtube?

I created an account on callofduty.com but couldn't link it to any PSN account because when I click on help for how to do it, it brings me to the how-to for W@W, which I obviously don't have.

Otherwise I've already linked that account to Youtube and I already rendered a video, but as expected, it didn't get online because I dunno how to link my callofduty.com account to my PSN account.

Victrix

*beard*
FAL owns

Also finished SP. Shocked at how good it was. Fun ride from start to finish, lots of awesome set pieces. I could see anyone who played it on a higher difficulty being annoyed, but I don't play this type of game on those difficulties in most cases - hard mode is for NG2 or Vanquish, not CoD :p

Roxas

I am so fucked off right now. I was playing Wager matches most of last night and got upto 50,000 CP. Switch the game on this morning and all my points have gone and i have 135 CP. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that sucks man. That is pretty inexcusable, even with so many people playing, losing progress in multiplayer should never happen.

LowParry

Hardened Pro. Best perk. Ever. :D Mix it with warlock for the silence and double magazine for the quick first reload, and Hacker. So so good.

So there's a rather annoying bug going on when playing split screen(we're playing with 2 gamertags on one TV). My custom classes and my buddy's are both edited when I try to rename one of my custom classes. Editing one edits both players'.. so it's completely busted.

aku:jiki

Man, what the fuck is this shit? I bought the stupid fucking "hardened edition" just for the zombie maps - me and my friends are huge fans - and now the dashboard is telling me that "this content is not available in your region"? WHAT THE FUCK?!

EDIT: Nevermind, dug up the e-mail for the dutch support. They better fix this pretty ASAP - how the fuck are they gonna sell an edition they've locked out of their marketplace?

Mik2121 said:
Quickscoping is just fine in BO. There's a split second right where you scope in where the sight wobble doesn't happen, which is where you fire during a quickscope.

All they managed to do with their nerf was make regular, honest sniping harder. Quickscoping is just as easy as in CoD4. :lol

Ramirez

I dunno if QS still actually works the same, but I'm almost level 40 and I've seen maybe 3 guys with Snipers and died to one at most twice. They definitely did something to them that makes them less appealing to the masses, because in MW2 half of each team would be running around with Interventions. :lol

Ive noticed on multiplayer, for me at least, that the little bits stuttering i get lasts for the 1st minute or so of a match and then its smooth for the rest. Still want Treyarch to get a fix out for this though !

Going through some saved films in the theater mode and, wow, those kills that felt awesome while playing almost never look that impressive when you play it back. :lol

Got a really funny two-hit noscope dance clip on Array though. How the fuck did he let me land two noscopes without killing me?! :lol

Ramirez said:
I dunno if QS still actually works the same, but I'm almost level 40 and I've seen maybe 3 guys with Snipers and died to one at most twice. They definitely did something to them that makes them less appealing to the masses, because in MW2 half of each team would be running around with Interventions. :lol
The reason for that is that the bolt-action sniper comes pretty late, and you start with boring spam snipers. Quickscopers don't like those.

You started with the M40 in CoD4 and the Intervention in MW2, so, they had more quickscopers early on. Just give it a month.

Mik2121

Mik2121 said:
Could anyone help me getting my replays on Youtube?

I created an account on callofduty.com but couldn't link it to any PSN account because when I click on help for how to do it, it brings me to the how-to for W@W, which I obviously don't have.

Otherwise I've already linked that account to Youtube and I already rendered a video, but as expected, it didn't get online because I dunno how to link my callofduty.com account to my PSN account.
Nobody?

Dilly said:
There are people already prestige? Seriously, what the fuck?
If I was playing all day instead of doing other things and only playing in the evenings I would be at 50, it's rather quick to level up if you get some good games in.

RiverBed

Banned
Is there any benefits/limitation between getting the game new and used? Are they pulling an EA and giving new buyers free DLC or is it completely the same if I buy it used?

Due to where I live, I have to pay $80 to get the standard game new. I have to pay $60 just to get it used a few weeks from now... :(

Mik2121 said:
Can't help you, but I can't get my videos on YouTube either...or maybe it takes a while.

I've had my COD.com account linked to my 360 GT since WaW so that went automatic, but I clicked to allow it access to my YT account and that made the video show up in my theater on COD.com but nothing's showing up on my YT...

My clip ends up on Activision's YT channel instead. Oh well, check out this dumbass getting noscoped twice! :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05IbxScAnFE

cdyhybrid

Anyone repeatedly getting booted from Live with messages saying Sign-in status has changed and shit? I have 2 kills left on this contract but I keep getting booted mid-game. So fucking irritating.

cdyhybrid said:
Anyone repeatedly getting booted from Live with messages saying Sign-in status has changed and shit? I have 2 kills left on this contract but I keep getting booted mid-game. So fucking irritating.
Same here. I've tried three times today, got booted from the lobby once, got to get 1 kill once and just now I got to complete a wager match but just as it was about to hand out our money, we all got booted. Fun times.

Hixx

Roxas said:
I am so fucked off right now. I was playing Wager matches most of last night and got upto 50,000 CP. Switch the game on this morning and all my points have gone and i have 135 CP. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

On a similar note, I unlocked some stuff last night before going to bed. Booted it up this morning and the game boots to the campaign menu instead of the multiplayer (great feature when it works) and 'lost' those unlocks. My CoD points had reverted though, so I just bought the Python again but looks like there might have been problems with server syncing last night if its more than just me..

Feindflug

I finished the campaign yesterday (360 version) and I have to say that I enjoyed the hell out of this one - best CoD SP along with 4 IMO...story that makes sense this time, varied missions/environments, gore, great graphics with very good frame-rate - the improved lighting makes a big difference in some levels IMO and great gunplay.

Haven't played much MP yet but yesterday I had a great time with it, all the games being fun and pretty good lag wise.

I have a feeling that this game gets a lot of hate that doesn't deserve because of the poor PS3 version. :p

Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!Enemy carepackage incoming!

Ugh. How can this still be possible? Even with a Beta no one saw this? Also, Ghost, whatver, Ninja is almost unfair. With the decoy nades? :lol Been wreckin' fools.

Xux

Goddamn, I can't get into a gun fight with less than two people. A lot of killcams with people rounding the corner behind me, too. I'll be damned if I can find a way to avoid these things.

I also can't tell if these people are good or if the Famas is playing the game for them.

The MP is pretty good. I just turned level 30.. but there is a major problem: The spawns. Goddamn the spawns are like worse than any other CoD game. So many people spawn right behind me, it's so frustrating.

If they somehow fix the spawns, this game will be really great.

Xux said:
Goddamn, I can't get into a gun fight with less than two people. A lot of killcams with people rounding the corner behind me, too. I'll be damned if I can find a way to avoid these things.
It's just new map syndrome. People always bunch up accidently on new maps.

Like, when Salvage was new, you could wreck shit by shooting rockets through that little bottleneck doorway right at the start of the match and score triples every single time. Now? You won't even get one guy.

-Yeti said:
The MP is pretty good. I just turned level 30.. but there is a major problem: The spawns. Goddamn the spawns are like worse than any other CoD game. So many people spawn right behind me, it's so frustrating.

If they somehow fix the spawns, this game will be really great.
They really do need to fix spawning, worst thing about the multiplayer right now, and then they need to give the game client side hit detection.
Xux said:

I also can't tell if these people are good or if the Famas is playing the game for them.
AUG is better especially with extended mag

Erasus

They are fixing the care pakage with a patch...

And ATI users, try this

Step 1:

Edit config_mp.cfg (and config.cfg if you want to "tweak" SP as well).

All of this information I found in bits and pieces trolling the forums much like you, so all credit is due to whomever found the original lines/procedures.

Back to the cfg's

Edit the lines:

seta r_multiGpu "x"
seta r_multithreaded_device "x"

This is important, as I have been using the value "1" for each of these, as they are both valid for my current set-up. I finally got wind of ATI crossfire incompatibility issues and remembered that some newer games have played like fecal matter previous to an ATI "profile" release/update.

WITH MY CURRENT SETUP (VERY IMPORTANT):

I set multigpu to "0"
and multhreaded device to "1"

PROCEED TO:

open up catalyst control center

1.) DISABLE CROSSFIRE!
2.) DISABLE CATALYST AI (in 3D settings)

http://www.callofduty.com/board/vie...st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=eaikuc9f1jvjo4q2bo4hca0qe7

People say it works for the stuttering (NOT THE LAG ISSUE, THAT IS SOMETHING GAMESERVERS HAVE TO FIX)

TheFallen

How do you even play with friends (on the same team) on the PC version? We just invite each other once we get into the room and hope we end up on the same team. More often than not, we're on opposite sides.

(and ffs Treyarch, fix the stuttering... I have a bad ass computer that can play Crysis and a ton of other things at max settings smoothly, but not this)

Top Bottom